Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Dark Secret "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: GAME OVER! MAFIA WIN!  (Read 58539 times)

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Blistering "Dark Secret" BYOR Mafia: FIRST DAWN
« Reply #135 on: August 29, 2018, 11:01:01 am »

I know you are all aware of RVS so stop acting sostupid, Whatthe hell happend that we should all at least have a suspect now?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: August 29, 2018, 11:10:45 am »

Bastardry happened, of course. We have plenty of information to chew on now. Hardly just a random vote phase with all this substantial conversation going on.
I mean, just look at me! I basically asked to be investigated, isn't that suspicious? Why not talk about me for a while?

Ahem. What I mean to say is, yes we have ended RVS so early. Partly because this isn't your mama's mafia, but mostly because we are simply the best playerbase. None better.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 29, 2018, 11:13:22 am »

So? I don't know how RVS is supossed to work, but a short post with a few words and a vote without any reasoning behind doesn't seem to accomplish anything at all.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 29, 2018, 11:29:30 am »

Bastardry happened, of course. We have plenty of information to chew on now. Hardly just a random vote phase with all this substantial conversation going on.
I mean, just look at me! I basically asked to be investigated, isn't that suspicious? Why not talk about me for a while?

Ahem. What I mean to say is, yes we have ended RVS so early. Partly because this isn't your mama's mafia, but mostly because we are simply the best playerbase. None better.
Fair enough, But I still think you overestimate how much information we have here, all I saw is a bunch of people claiming some kind of Miller and you want to be investigated which could be anything from a wierd way to do nightkills to a way to distract someone from actual investigation, but it's could be me too much of a naive, and if your only reasoning that someone is suspicius is that he did a random vote so early I am douthing your skill

So? I don't know how RVS is supossed to work, but a short post with a few words and a vote without any reasoning behind doesn't seem to accomplish anything at all.
https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=On_The_RVS
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 29, 2018, 11:37:09 am »

Forgot to say, there could be twin aligned abilities that makes you want to be investigated, like investigation of the investigator.

Deus Asmoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Bland, but sensible.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 29, 2018, 11:53:48 am »

Hello all. So I believe I have a way around the investigation weirdness that's going on. I have the ability to revive a lynched player, but I have to be the last one to vote for a lynched player to gain access to the ability. As such, I'm suggesting one of you (town for the plan I'm thinking of, but scum can get lynched as well if they want) volunteers to be lynched today, I put the last vote on you and then we'll have a confirmed town player when they come back to life tomorrow. The reason I'm laying this out now is mostly to avoid needless suspicion from me trying to get access to my revive, but the early advantage from having a flipped town player come back to life seems handy.

There's the possibility that you're just trying to get the town to lynch an innocent. I would at least try lynching scum and reviving if we lynch incorrectly instead of intentionally lynching a townie to confirm them.
It does make more sense to revive accidental town lynches, thinking about it. Me doing this just to get one town lynched would be a bad play as scum though, for the record, since it would basically guarantee I got lynched on day 2 if I failed to follow up with the revive.
Look elsewhere, reader. There is nothing for you here.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 29, 2018, 12:11:15 pm »

Unvote: Hector

Well, at least people talk.

Why, Egan, it's almost as if you want us to have less data. Every bit helps.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 29, 2018, 12:34:51 pm »

Yeah, well, death serial killer miller. And 1-shot revive.
~~~
Yes, I know it's awfully convenient, but there's not really anything I can do about it.

Honestly we should just lynch Maximum Spin and revive him if he turns out town.

We know there's 11 players. Not ten. 11.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 29, 2018, 12:54:47 pm »

I'm super confused.  Someone is trying to lynch a town only to revive them later, someone else wants to be investigated, and a bunch of people are trying to lynch the mod.  I'm having trouble deciding what is actual information and what is just bluster here.
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 29, 2018, 01:00:39 pm »

Unvote: Hector

Well, at least people talk.

I stated my desire to create new data quite a bit before you voted. Perhaps you missed it?

Everything, of course! New information is always something I desire.

Forgive me if I can't find your reasoning for believing that I wish to hide information. Indeed, any information posted in the thread is sure to benefit me, as I have a natural hunger for the truth. This is the entire reason that I ask to be investigated, after all! It would surely teach us all something new and potentially useful.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 29, 2018, 01:02:58 pm »

I'm not worried about leaving RVS early. A number of discussions are afoot, including the discussion about how people reacted to random votes.

I don't know about that, he's been pretty forthcoming so far, while you ignored my question:
Does this mask do something useful?

It's death miller, too? Even if you're not lying, you're on extremely thin ice, I hope you understand that.
Honestly we should just lynch Maximum Spin and revive him if he turns out town.
Before we do that, I'd like to see a votecount.
If the extra player isn't Spin, I might have an idea. I'll keep it to myself for now, though.

I'm super confused.  Someone is trying to lynch a town only to revive them later, someone else wants to be investigated, and a bunch of people are trying to lynch the mod.  I'm having trouble deciding what is actual information and what is just bluster here.
Welcome to the first day of a game of Mafia. There isn't such a thing as 'just bluster'. Nobody has anything solid (unless they lucked out on Night 0) so everyone is doing what they can do to break the ice and try to read each other.

This is the entire reason that I ask to be investigated, after all! It would surely teach us all something new and potentially useful.
Bullshit. There's another reason, isn't there?
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

doomchild

• Bay Watcher
  • Official Pace Car for the Apocalypse
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 29, 2018, 01:10:04 pm »

Okay, if I'm unpacking that correctly, you investigate as mafia and have a win condition that states you need to be the last one alive.  Why shouldn't we just lynch you now?  Or have I misinterpreted your role?

How do we know that?
Quote from: webadict
I could care less what you are now, because what you will be is dead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: August 29, 2018, 01:12:05 pm »

This is the entire reason that I ask to be investigated, after all! It would surely teach us all something new and potentially useful.
Bullshit. There's another reason, isn't there?

Why, of course~

Well, probably. My role includes a lot of question marks, but being investigated is definitely mentioned pretty prominently. I can only assume it does something. Who knows, maybe MaxSpin was just bluffing me out and the investigation will do nothing. But that in itself would be a notable result, would it not?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 29, 2018, 01:19:01 pm »

Or it could be wired kind of cult

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 29, 2018, 01:20:01 pm »

Okay, if I'm unpacking that correctly, you investigate as mafia and have a win condition that states you need to be the last one alive.  Why shouldn't we just lynch you now?  Or have I misinterpreted your role?
He says he investigates as a serial killer(-like role), including on death. A policy lynch based on "if it quacks like a duck" is tempting, but not necessarily the best option.

How do we know that?
Flavour states that the town's population is 5000011, including spiders. So 11, not including spiders?

Or it could be wired kind of cult
One that recruits on being visited? That'd be crafty.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41