Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock  (Read 17538 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Vakk finds some Brahmin Jerky in their supplies, likely preferring it as a taming treat to the flesh of its fellow radcats, and waits for the creature to wake up. Hikano has shared interest in taming the creature for itself.

((AP for attacks are in the character sheets in like the fourth post in this format unaimed/aimed. If that isn't what you need, then it would be in that list I put up when you guys' asked for it.))
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"Hey, my charms will do so much better. That and you'll crush the poor thing."
”if you want to help, go ahead. No problems with sharing pet kitty.”
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Fine"

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

"Well then, I felt quite useless there. I'll go take a look around the place, see if there is anything else around."

Check around for objects of interest, and scout around for threats while the cat is being tamed.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

The radcat begins to wake up, with a low growl as it slowly opens its eyes. Its nose sniffs out the provided jerky, flicking it into its mouth with its long tongue. ((29,8))

It bites into the jerky several times, chewing it thoroughly as it continues waking up. As it swallows the first piece, a second is thrown near it by Hikano. It gets up fully, eating it much quicker. Vakk hands it the next chunk. It opens its mouth hesitantly, as if to pierce the offered hand with its massive teeth. Instead, it thinks better of it, using its rough tongue to steal the meat from the larger creature's hand. It seems to understand: Come with us, get free food.

Radcat has been tamed!

...Just don't turn your back to it yet, just in case!

There doesn't seem to be any cars this far down the road, leaving Frank to walk around idley. I really should have pointed that out earlier, but I read it as looting the radcats >_>. Speaking of which...
+3 Radcat Pelts
+3 Radcat Teeth

There seems to be nothing else of interest in this random encounter map. Blackened out trees make for decent cover, but should not be an issue now that the radcats are gone. The view here isn't as good as up the mountain, and the air begins to cool as the sun is setting. Little is here aside from wasteland. It is about time to set up camp. 

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I don't really like the idea of eating what used to be a cat, but do we have anything else to eat that isn't already dangerous?"

Gather the cat corpses and try to prepare a campfire for cooking.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

In addition to the Cow Cakes and what is left of the jerky, you have trail-biscuits made from a "wheat-like" plant, a couple of ears of "corn", and some salted "River King" that looks and tastes like salmon. Overall the vault made it a point to stock up on outside food after the revolution and equipped you well in the eating department. You should have enough to make it through the pass, though it wouldn't hurt to stock up on extra supplies in town.

The blackened trees make fine charcoal, and you soon have a reasonably sized fire to heat up whatever food you want. Your Vault 66 canteens hold plenty of water, and your nukacola bottles can always be re-purposed to gather more.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Use the fire to try and tan the pelts, and eat some "corn".
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sit down next to the Radcat, and share some River King.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Start to cook the radcat meat. Hope they aren't very toxic and radiactive. After we eat, we should camp here and continue in our path after we rest.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

help gather supplies for the fire, then pet the radcat.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

Generally help others with their tasks.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Our still unnamed band of heroes begins to settle down after the long fight, setting up a campfire and heating up their food. Its starting to get dark, and it is thus likely this will be their campsite for the night. Their camping supplies are fairly limited, one hide sleeping bag for each of the humans, nothing but open air for the Deathclaw and newly found pet. While much better than bare ground, they get hot this time of year even at night.

Frank nibbles on "corn" while preparing the pelts. While the tanning process doesn't actually use fire, its light is necessary for accurate work now that the sun is gone, forcing him to take a seat by it anyway. He should have some perfectly usable pelts soon, if you want to try to do something with them other than selling for caps.

Radcat meat is stringy and lean, with the occasional tumor that you carefully remove while preparing the food. Using your pipboy to detect the radioactive parts, you are able to prepare something that seems to be perfectly edible. Roast radcat, with some of the salt Frank is using in the tanning. There isn't a lot of viable meat on these bones, but you will probably extend your rations by a few days, especially if you run into more later.

Hikano takes her spot next to the radcat, who is watching the fire and the workers with a look of worried curiosity. It happily eats the surprisingly tasty River King slice given to it, and sits staring at the young lady with eyes expecting more food. As the Deathclaw dumps some of the broken down trees near the fireplace, its ears raise and lower. It looks startled as the Deathclaw pets it, like it is about to jump out of its skin, but calms down quickly afterwords.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's getting late. Eat some of the radcat roast and prepare to sleep. We can continue tomorrow.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Gather any wood or other things needed for the camp, then get ready to sleep for the night.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 15