Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock  (Read 17500 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

A song plays over the pip-boy's radio. The final equipment test, before the group sets off.

You are standing in front of the vault door. A massive gear-shaped piece of metal with the number "66" in bold white letters. In front of you is the new "Overseer". An old white-bearded man in a Vault Jumpsuit. He used to be the reactor's Engineer, a smart man who was important enough to get real food, but not important enough to be a target in the revolution. The fact he often shared his rations with the other Vault Dwellers-especially the children- also helped get him the "position". If you fail your mission, he might just be the last sane man left in the Vault.

As the song fades away, he flips the radio off on his pip-boy, expecting you to do the same.

"This frequency is Bobcat Mitch's station. Those of you from top-side probably know about it already. In addition to playing music, the DJ often reads off local news and rumors. Our scouts report the station to be a useful tool, and it is available throughout the state. The revolution and previous scouts have been a big drain to our resources. We're giving you what we can spare."

And from what you can see, what they can spare isn't much. All the human companions get one of Vault Security's old uniforms. Essentially a Vault Jumpsuit with a bulletproof vest sewn on, with a big "66" on the back. A SWAT style helmet-without a face mask- goes alongside it in the same blue color. Elbow and knee pads of the same material and style. The pockets are practical, at least, good for holding small items such as ammunition and stacks. Perhaps more valuable, the left arm has a pip-boy 3000A. Built in Geiger counter, radio, map, and more. While built for vault life, they make a perfect scouting tool.

Everyone also gets meager food rations. Cow Cakes for emergencies. A couple of Nuka-cola as a gift from the Overseer. Two stimpaks each. Medical tools for the team's medic. And weapons. A couple of combat knives. A single-shot shotgun made from a pipe and plywood. An old varmint rifle. A "sword" made out of old sign posts. And a 10mm pistol. One companion is unarmed-aside from their own claws.

"Won't lie to you. This won't be easy. Don't even know if it is possible. But it is the only hope our Vault has. I'm grateful to all of you-we all are. Those fighting for their home, and those fighting for our home. The Scouts say the mines back west have turned to something of a city. Might be a good place to find some information. Old Bozeman is nearby, ain't in good shape but might have some useful supplies if you can sneak past the raiders holing up there. Thats all I got. Its all you from here out."

He gives a solute to his bald head, before flipping the switch opening the vault. An arm comes from the ceiling, placing itself on the door. It sparks as it spins, before finally moving the door out of the way. Sunlight pours in the Vault as the group takes their first steps into the new world.

It is currently 7/22/2122 8:00. The pip-boys map shows the surrounding locations.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: September 22, 2018, 02:50:18 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

OOC link.

Finalized character sheets will go here.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Frank (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blaine (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Edgar (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Vakk (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hikano (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"So... this map says there's a village at (9,5). Seems to be in the way to the western mines. Anyone else wants to stop there?"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"There's one at 5'5 as well.. Might be good to check there first, and then the other."

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

"The one at 9,5 seems to be at a crossroads. We might be able to learn about the other towns from there."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"The thing at 5,5 seems to be too far away. I'm not really an "outdoorsman", but 9,5 seems to be a good place to stop at."

My plan is to go: 8,8 > 9,7 > 9,6 > 9,5
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

"I am good outdoors. Let me take lead and make sure path is clear as we move."
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Sure, lead the way. Also, does anyone want my Cow Cakes? I would rather starve to death than taking a bite of those things."

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I'll take them, might come in handy at some point."

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

"You can take three of mine as well. I don't really have a need for them, but I would like to keep two just in case."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I also think that 9,5 is the best place to head from here, and if any one wants my cow cakes they can have them, I'm not sure whats in them and I don't really want to find out."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edgar also hands Hinako his 5 Cow Cakes.

"Here you go. So, everyone agrees with my plan?"

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I already said it sounded like a good plan."
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

"I'm fine with it."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15