Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15

Author Topic: Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game IC: Rock Around the Clock  (Read 17527 times)

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

((Consensus, 9,5 by 8,8 > 9,7 > 9,6 > 9,5))

Our heroes begin traveling down the mountain as the Vault slams shut behind them. Probably used to be a pretty hike, a dirt trial winding downward toward the road. Most the trees have now been blasted away, leaving black soot and broken trunks that look like the after effects of a forest fire. A big forest fire. The summer heat means there isn't much snow, and without the shade of the trees you find yourself sweating in your heavy armor (well, the humans do, at least).

You make it down from the hiking path in good time, a couple hours at most, making it to the dirt road meant for cars. A couple broken-down cars with skeletal inhabitants hang around the trail head, and the footprints going down show this is a common path for the scouts. The trail is steep, but going downward, making for a relatively easy walk.

As the sun sets, you are nearing the main road. A low growling sound comes from around the next corner- before a group of mutated animals rushes out to attack the group.

8,5, Radcat Attack. Radcats are mutated bobcats native to the area. They havn't grown much in size, leaving them about the size of a medium dog, with blotted and patchy fur. But they have gained significant strength, and can be easily identified by their large fangs giving them the appearance of a miniature saber-tooth tiger. They are no threat to well-prepared travelers, but are dangerous in numbers. Their fur and teeth are worth small amounts of caps.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((The Dog Things are radcats. Frank kept his old sprite, Blaine gets the fuzzy labcoat guy, everyone else gets what they requested. The green are the areas you can run away in, just in case you decide to skip this encounter and forsake EXP/Caps :V))

Edit: Oh right, sequence. Their sequence is 6. Vakk gets the Surprise round. Everyone goes, then the enemies go.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2018, 04:53:36 pm by Stirk »
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Before anything happens, what's my hit chance for aiming to the eyes of the enemy at 4,4? And the other one at 8,4?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

4,4: 57%
8,4: 61%

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's actually pretty good. If I remember correctly, all rifles have double range.

Since the rest of the team can deal with those two in front of us, I will do an Aimed Shot to the eyes of the radcat at 4,4 (when my turn comes.)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Edgar raises his rifle up to his eye and aims carefully-only to miss as the Radcat bounces onto the road. (4/5)

Everyone but Edgar's turn. Vakk moves twice due to surprise.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Move to 7,5 and hit the radcar at 7,4 with the crowbar as many times as I can in the torso.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

To 8'5, then make with the stabbing.

Move down/right diagonal after.

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

Does nothing.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Frank rushes toward the beast like the hunters of long ago, mashing it with a modern crowbar! His swing goes slightly wide-inches from making contact.
(Note: Your new character can hit twice with the crowbar, assuming unaimed attack, but can't also move on the same turn)

Hikano has a similarly primal plan, met with similar failure, as the slash cuts off a lock of matted fur without connecting.

Blaine sadistically watches the others fight for their lives, doing nothing to save them.

((Seriously close rolls. 52 on a 51 to hit. 70 on a 59 to hit.))

It is now Vakk's turn X2.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Move to 8,6 and punt the cat east of me in one of the legs, then punch it.
2nd turn if it's still alive, kick it again and then kick the one north of me twice.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile

Two wild beast engage in fierce combat. While smaller, the radcat fought ferociously, dodging the blows of the massive deathclaw while looking for an opportunity to sink its massive teeth into its target. After a fierce few seconds, the Deathclaw scores a clean hit to the creature knocking it to the ground! From this position, he stomps on it, before slapping into his second opponent with a mighty kick.

Radcat 1(7,4) : 5/25
Radcat 2 (8,4): 20/25

(Move interpreted as t1-6,4 t2->7,3 to make the other actions possible. The location specified couldn't actually hit anyone, and someone was already in 8,5. Got a lucky 1 on the crit roll...)

The knocked-over cat rises shaking its head. They begin surrounding the deathclaw, returning the favor blow for blow. Radcat 1 makes a clawing motion, which is easily avoided by the agile deathclaw. The momentary distraction allows the second to bite the larger beast, while scratching with its surprisingly powerful claws. Only the strong hide saved the Deathclaw from true damage-but the claws leave two scratches across his belly.

Vakk 36/37

From the wastes charges the remaining two radcats who attack the nearest available target-poor Frank. One hops on his back, sinking its teeth into his armor, while the other scratches into his kneepad. He manages to shake the beast off his back, thanking good luck that his armor was able to absorb the blow.

It is now everybody's turn again.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile

Punch radcat south of me in the face, then kick the one east of me twice.
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hit the radcat at 6,6 multiple times with the crowbar.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Cut 7'4, and cut it again if I miss. If not, move southeast-ish

impcamper

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU ARE NOW ALL SAFE
    • View Profile

Watch the clouds.(do nothing)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15