Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45169 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #390 on: December 17, 2018, 11:03:24 am »

Keep in mind that shit about disenbowing the buzzards when they come, we should keep an eye for anything that might be used as a sword, be it to be used as a weapon or to train as a butcher a bit
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 18, 2018, 10:08:12 am »

Yeah... You're not crawling in there. Crackle, take a look at the sides and crack that thing open.
What?
You heard me. Just mess up the pole at the sides with your crowbar, we're just crawling through this thing.
Crackle just shrugs, and pulls out his crowbar. It's a nasty-looking thing, blackened and wrapped in bandages, slightly warped from either heat or bashing things. At least it still has the sharp end, and it can pry well. It takes a few attempts to get the clips that hold the chainlink in place loose. Most of the chainlink has been tied around the links, which must have been a massive pain in the ass. It took a little frustrated bashing for the last bits, but then it's loose enough to crawl through. Rotface goes first, being the most lean person amongst the party (except for Blitz, but you prefer Rotface putting himself in danger.) He's quick to move to the lever controlling the gate, too.
Neato. One opened gate, coming right up.
The generator roars as the gate is lifted, though the warped chainlink gets stuck on surrounding bits of the gate. There's a short moment of protest from the metal, but the lifting systems proves to be stronger. The chainlink is slowly pulled off the gate, and after a while longer, it's just plain stuck. Still, it's easy enough to get past, tall people just have to duck. Even if they close the gate, people can just crawl through the hole. So, that's gate one down. Now to see how many more are left. Of course, as of now you officially enter the shaded parts. No more sunlight, though it was getting scarce as is. The evening sun disappears without much fanfare, right behind a pile of trash. There's still enough light to navigate, however, so that won't be an issue.
For now.

You keep your shotgun at the ready, double-checking whether or not it's loaded. Blitz follows your example, and checks her magazine.
Uh, I'm missing bullets in this clip.
Magazine. You're talking about a magazine. Take some loose bullets and slip them in. Push the spring down as you go.
Blitz does that. It's not fast, but she's doing it without much issue. Rotface was kind enough to pick up the one bullet she dropped.
Good work. Now pay attention... I got a feeling we're being watched.
You keep walking, noting that the ground turned a little softer here. It's a bit tough to make out, but you think the ashes are more "shallow" here. Like it's relatively thick covering over something. Your feet sink away far easier, and the going is a bit tougher. You're just about to say something when you suddenly hear an explosion of ash, mixed with a roaring shout, muffled somehow. It's instantly followed by the raspy yell from Rotface.
You turn around, and see two leather-clad arms clutching Rotface's legs. Red eyes appear as more and more of the buzzard appears, wearing spiked shoulder pouldrons and a strange gas mask. The nozzle isn't connected to anything, it just dangles loosely. It snarls like an animal as it forces Rotface to the ground with a solid tug, and you see it pull out a knife shortly before Rotface's pipe machine gun barks some very rapid counter-arguments to stabbing Rotface.

Guessing from the lack of movement, it seemed to have been convincing. An oily, black smear is spread across the ash, the buzzard still half-buried under the ash. The red eyes still glow. You're not sure how they work, but it sure adds to its not-quite-human appearance. It looks far too thin, and not a single bit of its skin is visible. Hapazard leather patches and bits of metal cover it head to toe. On closer inspection, you also note that the gas mask has been BOLTED to its skull. Quite shoddily, too, like a child with a nailgun. And it just did that?
Yo, Rotface? You alright?
...Yeah. Just pulled me down, is all. They die quick enough
Keeping in mind with what warnings you got, and the general inhuman element to it, you elect to avoid a future mistake.
It's not dead, it's a trick. Get an axe... Or hell, a knife will do.
You pull out your kitchen knife and walk up to the still figure. While cutting through bone isn't the easiest, you figure that this knife will do fine on making the innards outards. You plunge it into the creature's stomach, and it take a few tries to get past the surprisingly tough hides and leather. With a grunt of effort, you tear downwards, happy that it's easier to tear apart the armor once it has a hole to start from. The smell is disgusting, like motor oil mixed with something that died and started rotting. Blackened guts flop out of the corpse, and just to make sure you give the body a stomp to get a little more out. To your shock, the creature makes another noise and twitches a little before expiring.
Good choice to double tap.

You hear some retching behind you. You don't turn around to see who it was, considering there's really only one person here that would have that reaction.
Come on, Blitz. Not your first corpse.
...It's the smell.
Yeah, it's making me feel downright woozy. Fuck... We're going to need a faster way to cut these apart. You get up from your kneeling position.
Scrap all around... Shouldn't be too hard to find a stick and something sharp. Shit, doesn't even need to be sharp.
When it comes to axes, weight counts for more.
Just tell me when you find something. Just be careful, right? This thing got its head perforated and still decided not to die.
Heh. Let's see them deal with fire. he whispers the word "fire" like it was the word of God. Which is a little disturbing.
Another disturbing thing:

I doubt that was the only one of those under-ash Buzzards. Watch where you walk, alright?
Yup
You got it, Chief.
There's a voice missing.
Blitz?
The deafening silence feels like the world is dropping out from under you. Then, you hear something, just barely.
You turn to the side, and see Blitz' foot clanking against a piece of metal, before being taken away in a tunnel. you sprint towards the tunnel of scrap, and just as you reach the entrance, three Buzzards come crawling out of the trash mountain. One of them is holding an axe made up of a table leg and a buzzsaw blade taped to it.
Mother-FUCKER!
Blitz is getting kidnapped and these motherfuckers thing they'll stop you? Fat chance.
You sprint, blasting one of the buzzards away with your double-barrel as you tackle the other one away. It manages to claw against you, but before it can continue anything a bright orange light casts your shadow in front of you.
Seems Crackle is using his flamethrower. Horrifying shrieks follow, the one trying to hold on to you clutches its eyes and rolls on the ground, though you've got better things to do. You turn the corner, slamming into the wall of car parts and scrap. Just at the end of the hallway, you see Blitz fighting off her kidnapper. The lanky Buzzard is having trouble, but when he sees you he slaps her over the head and tries to hide itself behind Blitz. They're not too far away, but you don't have that much light, but you're pulling out your revolver all the same. Can't use the shotgun...
Take the shot?

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: the high is over, but you're not shaking yet.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 530/600 (Buzzard takedown: 20 XP) (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (200XP: Rescued Tenderloin!)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 18, 2018, 03:03:59 pm »

what is the % of chance to hit it?

just say FAST "blitz when I end the counter lean you weight to the direction of your best arm 3.2.1 GO" (we probably already know if she use the left hand or the right) and use this moment to VAT shoot it's face or arm or whatever is easier, it will probably be enough to blitz free herself
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 19, 2018, 06:38:43 am »

what is the % of chance to hit it?

just say FAST "blitz when I end the counter lean you weight to the direction of your best arm 3.2.1 GO" (we probably already know if she use the left hand or the right) and use this moment to VAT shoot it's face or arm or whatever is easier, it will probably be enough to blitz free herself
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 21, 2018, 06:56:55 pm »

You start shouting at Blitz, but your instructions are completely jumbled from the adrenaline and how fast you're trying to say it. All that comes out is some babbling before you catch yourself. A valuable second or two wasted, as the creature continues to abscond, you give another attempt to yell your order.
BLITZ! TWIST!
Just as you pull the trigger, hoping VATS is saying 60% and not 6, it occurs to you that this is ludicrous regardless of how you go about it. A badly sighted gun in a dark tunnel while your target is using a human shield? A human shield that is also making a big swaying motion at your command? Also kind of a bad call, really. God, you can think a lot in just a split second when it's a moment like this.
(roll= 19 (guns/2) - 15 (human shield) - 10(darkness) + 5 (VATS)= -1)
Need 41 to hit. D100 - 1 = 99

As you fire the shot, you feel your heart skip a beat as the hammer impacts and lets the heavy bullet fly. You forget to think about the recoil as your gun nearly flies out of your hands and the bullet goes flying. Almost instantly, you hear a gurgling wheeze. Did you hit something? The figures stop moving, but the darkness makes it hard to tell anything is happening. You sprint forward, hoping to at least catch the fucker if you missed. It doesn't take long, though, Blitz is already untangling herself from the dead creature's arms. Looking at what you shot, it seems you somehow managed to strike the top of his skull, leaving nothing but the jaw intact. You suspect a double tap won't be needed, considering there's about two meters of tunnel covered in bits and pieces of brain. That was one hell of a shot, and you're honestly not sure how you managed it. That must have been a one in a million shot, right there...
(Tanooki Perk unlocked: Furious Loyalty: Whenever somebody you value is in trouble, you gain +10 to all rolls related to saving them.)
Light suddenly floods into the cave, and when you turn the source you see that it's another buzzard, though this one is one fire and screaming about it. You don't hear Rotface's machinegun going off, which had been a constant percussion during your frenzied rush to save Blitz. The flaming buzzard flops to the ground in front of you, and you step around it. Blitz looks at the burning thing performing some final twitching before following you, taking care not to scrape herself on the pieces of scrap that surround the endges of the tunnel. When you get out of the cave again, you are greeted with Rotface's gun barrel aimed at you. You flinch first.
Damn it! It's us!
Oh shit, for real? You got her out?
Yeah. Mind pointing the gun someplace else, asshole?
Uh, right.
He aims away, and you look at the damage. Two more buzzards seem to have joined the fight after you ran off. All of the corpses are on fire, though that wasn't always the cause of death. Crackle is currently torching the one you blasted away with your shotgun on the way into the tunnel. Which reminds you, you should reload. You reload both your revolver and sawed-off while you ask how things went here.
Spent a magazine taking these things down. They're sturdy when they wanna be. Crackle's uh... Well, just give him a few seconds. He'll wake up soon.
The flamethrower stops shortly after Rotface says that. Crackle just slowly meanders over to Rotface, not even giving you or Blitz a cursory glance. He looks completely gone, apart from his ear-to-ear grin. Man that is creepy.

Uh, Crackle? They're gone, man. Nothing left.
Crackle slowly turns his head, lolling it to the side as he does. He blinks a few times, and focus comes back into his eyes.
...Alright! Where's Chief?
Yeah, right here. Did not change position, I should be in your line of sight.
Sorry. Anyhow, you got the kid. Thank god, I did not want to hold that funeral.
I wouldn't like it either.
You flash a short smile. Or, more accurately, one of the corners of your mouth twitches upwards. It wasn't that good of joke.
Considering the bodies are burnt, you decide that double tapping isn't needed. It also leaves out any chance of looting, though you don't think they have anything. At least you can keep moving. To darker parts of the factories.
You reach the next gate, which looks to be a bit more stubborn. It's another chainlink fence, but they've placed scrap all over the chainlink. Mostly it's jsut hooked on there, but it's hard to pull off, and some bits have spikes or are just naturally kind of sharp. It'll take a while to pry the scrap off, and there's no telling if the links (when you get past the scrap) are reinforced or not. Like before, there is a small hole through the scrap mountain, though it looks a bit... off. There's a large collection of rebar spikes at the entrance. It'll take careful manoeuvring to avoid getting hurt. The fact that there's a lot of oily blood around it seems to indicate that even the Buzzards tend to fuck up here...

How do you proceed?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP 'till next Level-up: 580/600 (Buzzard takedown: 20 XP) (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (200XP: Rescued Tenderloin!) (20 XP: Unlikely shot!)

I changed the way gun accuracy is calculated. Things are going to be more inaccurate from now on.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 21, 2018, 10:58:05 pm »

damn, nice shot

and nice perk, although there is only one person that Diaz feel really responsible (maybe tenderloin is starting to go this way? it's hard to tell with cold as ice)

and crackle looks more nice than one could think, except when he is burning corpses

Is their oily blood flammable? hmm, tempted to drain their blood like a psychopat

I say that crackle should burn the hole first (NOT IN THIS MEANING, YOU PERVERT) and we wait a bit for it to get cold for blitz to walk, in the middle time see if we find something that might be used as a rope, put it on Blitz so if she is in trouble we can pull her
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 22, 2018, 08:04:08 am »

I say we try to pry the metal off the gate first we could use a pipe or something and if that fails we try Omada's plan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: December 23, 2018, 07:23:03 pm »

Right, Crackle? Hand me that crowbar. I'll start prysing some of this shit off while you light up the tunnel.
...What? Why do I need to waste gas on that? I'm not about to melt the spikes, you know.
I want to see if that blood is flammable or not. It's oily, right? It could be.
I don't think it's actual oil, man.
Shut up, Rotface. It's worth a shot. If nothing else, I'll start prying while you heat up the tunnel a bit. While I'm on that, try to find some rope or some shit. I want a way to get Blitz out of there if something goes wrong.
Should have thought of that before we entered the fucking hellfactory, chief. Look around! Nothing here buy junk and metal that'll give you tetanus just looking at it.
What the hell is tetanus?
Disease you get from rust. Affects the muscles, might even stop you from breathing. Used to have vaccines for it, but we're not exactly in civilised territory. Louisiana's a shithole, especially compared to the east coast.
Well, look anyway. Anything that might help, alright?
Right. But let's all agree not to be alone. Blitz, join up. And stick real damn close, alright?
Okay mister Ryan.
...Ryan?
That's my real name. I wasn't christened Rotface before I developed this particular complexion, y'know... Anyhow, I think I saw some rubber over yonder, I'll see if that's useful.

You don't waste any more breath and get to prying. Fortunately, the metal plating comes off fairly easily, once you have a decent only on it. It's mostly to add a little extra defence, make bolt cutters alone be insufficient. Of course, when you reach the links over at the poles, it's a different story. They really wired them in there tightly, and even bashed the links flat. You'd have to break the links themselves, and it doesn't bend easy with the plating... You need something that cuts. Bolt cutters, specifically. An old pair of scissors won't do, here, and these things are spaced out too far to make an axe work...
Come to think of it, you wanted to make an axe, right?
You were about half-way done with the prying when Crackle reports that the blood doesn't catch fire at all. Just about the same as regular blood, apart from the colour and a bit of the consistency. The metal will be warm for a little longer. Crackle just helps you keep an eye out as you give up on the prying. You COULD use the curved edge to start bending apart the links ,but that would take an eternity. You pull out your rifle for keeping watch, in case some shadow in the distance elects to show itself. It doesn't take long for both you and Crackle to get a little nervous. When you were working, you could ignore it at least partially. You were busy with something, right? But now... You feel like you're watched by a a thousand glowing red eyes, out there in the dark as the sun dips lower and lower. Suddenly, though, you think you spot some movement in the corner of your eye. Flicking your rifle forward, you look at the it of movement. Sure enough, there they are. The one you spotted roars, his mask muffling the sound, as two more friends of his rush forward. The ones rushing don't even have weapons, apart from some scrap they're holding between their fingers. The one roaring is holding another scrap axe, like the one that got burnt before. How convenient...

The mutants try zigzagging to dodge your shots, though they're still fairly far away. They're unpredictable, regularly dropping down on their arms to keep moving, pushing themselves off in a way that's closer to a rat than a human being. Unfortunately, it seems to work on throwing off your aim, and your first shot goes wide. You cycle the bolt, and fire a second shot, this time hitting a buzzard in the chest. It just rolls from the blow, but quickly keeps going, snarling as it does. Crackle, meanwhile, is cracking his neck and twisting open the gas valve of his homemade flamethrower. A pilot light goes on in front. You fire off one more shot, but then you have to drop the rifle and switch to something more suited to short range. It's a good thing you have alternatives, considering you also managed to misfire entirely. Your rifle is jammed!
You quickly fire your .357, but the movements of the buzzards throw you off and you fail to hit anything! Fortunately, a flamethrower is a lot more clear in what it seeks to achieve. In a blinding flash of fire and pain, Crackle begins to shout as his flamethrower wreaks havoc on the attackers. The one you shot quickly falls over, the sudden shock of the heat being enoughto tip him over the edge towards death. The other two are a little more resilient, though the unarmed one takes the full brunt of the flamethrower. It begins screaming, instantly catching fire from the heat, but suddenly you hear the sound of metal on metal. The one with the axe managed to avoid most of the fire stream, and managed to bash the nozzle of the flamethrower aside. Crackle seems unperturbed, though you certainly are. While Crackle reels from the blow, you quickly fire off a shot from your .357. The heftier payload compared to the varmint rifle does the job, and the creature falls to the ground in a crumpled heap. With the remaining Buzzard just flailing around on fire, it seems safe to say that you won that engagement. Just a few seconds later, you see Rotface and Blitz turn the corner in a dead sprint. Rotface turns around and fires off his automatic weapon one-handed.
INCOMING!

God-damn it! When it rains it pours...
You take aim with your .357 as Rotface and Blitz make a little distance. Four more buzzards turn the corner, two of them already limping from Rotface's barrage. You can hear Blitz' nine millimeter pistol popping off its shots, and you see one buzzard fall to the ground, it's existing momentum carrying it forward and causing it to slide on the ground. You fire off a shot of your own, hitting one of the buzzards square in the head as Rotface fires off a far more controlled burst of automatic fire. He takes out the other two in just a second. He spent his whole magazine with that, though, and reloads another.
...Is that all? You say, releasing a breath you weren't fully aware you were holding.
Yeah, yeah... They attacked when you started firing. Guess they wanted a combined assault. Fortunately, Blitz has got quite the eagle-eye.
They were hiding underneath some big plates. They didn't fit with the big ones.
Hear that? I woulda missed that, I guarantee it!
Thanks mister Ryan!
Find anything rope-like?
Best thing we found were some old bicycle tires. Could do something if we had like... fifteen of these. Right now we only got... three.
That's not going to work. Still, it'll make for... something resembling rope. Who's good at knots?
They made me do that sometimes. I'm not super at it, but...
Right...

You've got about five meters of inner tube rope, if you were to spend about ten minutes fixing it together. You still need to get past the gate.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Level Up!

You have 14 skill points! Add them to the skills of choice!
Current skills

Choose a perk!

« Last Edit: December 24, 2018, 05:05:06 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 24, 2018, 10:19:33 am »

I guess we try to pry it apart a little longer, or find some bolt cutters, then I guess we might have to send Blitz through the hole.

skills
Speech: +5
Guns: +7
Barter: +2

Choose a perk!
Educated: You gain two more skill points per level-up.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 26, 2018, 11:13:25 am »

Does that scrap ax do us any good on what we were going to do before?

skills
+1

I'm in doubt between awareness, on the move! and piercing eyes, and got outraged on how wrong this child at heart sounds, but attracted by it's usefullness, WE CAN BUILD A ARMY OF MINORS, be the papa chief that raid the towns and adopt the orfans

but I will go with On the move! until someone say something better

Spleens, does this have a kind of max level like the games or no?
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: December 26, 2018, 01:52:54 pm »

Does that scrap ax do us any good on what we were going to do before?

skills
+1

I'm in doubt between awareness, on the move! and piercing eyes, and got outraged on how wrong this child at heart sounds, but attracted by it's usefullness, WE CAN BUILD A ARMY OF MINORS, be the papa chief that raid the towns and adopt the orfans

but I will go with On the move! until someone say something better

Spleens, does this have a kind of max level like the games or no?

There IS a max level, but you're not very likely to reach it.

Also, I'm adding this because there's no update again. I'm sorry, but I'm sick as a dog and working off one hour of sleep because we had to live through a next-door party seemingly staffed by fucking noise marines. the bass should not literally shake the fucking furniture, I feel;
Neat stuff I do:

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: December 27, 2018, 11:12:02 am »

Alright I'm back to the land of the living. Sorry for the wait.
Your chosen perk will be delayed for just a moment until you reach a consensus. If no choice has been made, I will roll a dice to decide which perk it is. Skill points have been spent, however.

Alright. I say we keep trying to bust this down. Blitz, hand me that axe, would you?
It's less an axe and more of a... mace? With a sharp end, kinda.
Rotface, that is literally what an axe is.
No it's not, it's gotta be proper sharp. Like, that is a hunk of metal on a stick with a sharp end. An AXE is a sharp chunk of metal with a han...
The entire party looks at Rotface with a disappointed look as the ghoul's eyes seem to pop out of its head. Not literally, mind you, have to be specific with these ugly bastards...
...I see my error.
Oh, DO YA!?
Shut up and help me pry this crap loose. If we can get a hole free for Blitz, she can open it up on the other side.
As it turns out, the scrap axe isn't the best tool for the job, but it works well enough. Enough for you to make a first hole in the fence, at least. After that, Crackle helps you widen the hole enough for another hack at the chainlink. It takes a long while, and Blitz occasionally calls out a spying eye from the darkness, but nothing actually attacks again. Seems like they don't care enough about this gate. After a long time, you eventually make a hole large enough for Blitz to crawl through with a little help. Maybe it's a good thing she's a tad underweight. Her new clothing stopped her from getting scratched up, too, so you should thank Whisper when you get back. Well, mostly. She got one small cut on her shoulder, but she didn't even notice it. You'll look into it later.
Once through, however, Blitz quickly pulls out her pistol and fires several rounds right next to the gate. You hear a body fall right after, and Blitz even does something unusual.
SUCK IT, ASSHOLE!
You're affecting the little munchkin in the language department. And she doesn't seem to be so hung up on killing these things, so that's great.

At any rate, the door opens up fine, after Blitz drops her entire weight on the lever. Unlike last time, you didn't damage it in a way that would keep it open, so you're going to have to block the mechanism somehow. No lack of scrap around, so it shouldn't be too difficult. Well, at least with what you know of mechanisms. A quick look over the wiring shows that breaking the ropes on one end should make the gate drop down wrong; It looks pretty easy to bust in such a way that there's a hole. If nothing else, it'll make it nearly impossible to fix in a short amount of time. Using the scrap axe, you follow the wiring a bit, climb up the gate (it had stairs, in a sense. More of a ladder) and make a precision cut. The axe isn't sharp enough to cut through it in one go, but two hacks more break it apart. The gate falls into it's "slot" diagonally, and the weight of the gate is too much for the structure to hold! The wall you're standing on falls apart,and you well and proper ruined the gate! The shocks and weight is also too much for the gate itself, and it just falls apart entirely. Against the odds, the only one who was hurt was you, from the fall. Apart from a bruised ego (and butt) you aren't really affected. The corpse of the buzzard Blitz shot is covered in scrap, though. Not likely he's faking the dead anymore.
Well, that worked.
Can we do that again?
It IS pretty fun to watch shit break, huh?
Let's keep moving, alright? I can feel eyes on me...

You all keep moving, and things don't seem to be improving, lighting-wise. You hear the occasional growl in the distance, sometimes something resembeling a howl, muffled bby gas masks. Eventually, though, you reach something new. A large, open area without ash or scrap around. It's just a solid, concrete floor. You're also officially under the roof of the old factory. You see several old firepits around, and more disturbingly, corpses. Very much rotten corpses.
Guh, maggot farms? What is this, 2080?
...I'm going to regret this, but what the hell do you mean?
Well, here's the thing. Right after the bombs dropped, people figured out pretty fast that cannibalism wasn't going to work with all the diseases you get. Brain damage and stuff... But they figured out pretty fast that there were still flies around. Leave a corpse around, and you'll have plenty of maggots. They're a good source of protein, I guess, but the consistency and taste... not the best. Still, once animals started making their return, along with the first bits of mutfruit and other plants, people moved from maggots to actual food.
These monsters don't have that as an option, I'm guessing. But what do they drink?
Probably some water around, if you go deep enough. Hell, industrial zones were usually close to water, and this whole area used to be part of a preserve. It only took on industrial shit as the war got worse.
You sure know a lot about this place.
I'm pre-war, man. Was born and raised in Louisiana. I've been around the block. I spent more time in D.C. than hometown Louisiana, though. Louisiana was right fucked after the war, it's only in the last several decades things cleared up enough for me to bother coming here. And it's still kind of a pisshole.
Guys? There's a thing!
Suddenly, you hear another roar. From seemingly nowhere, a massive creature lands in front of you. He's large, still within the range of human, sure, but LARGE. Equally worrying ins the fact that he's wielding a hammer about the size of him, with a large collection of spikes on one end. The weight is affecting him, but not by nearly enough. He came from the ceiling, that's for sure...
He points at you, roaring as he thumps his chest right after. He's calling you out.
You can see a lot of red eyes in the surrounding area. This could be bad...

What the hell do you do now!?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Choose a perk. (and come to an agreement)

Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: December 27, 2018, 10:19:03 pm »

Hmm, I will still be against educated and swift learner, even if we aren't likely to reach max level

I could easily forget my vote and vote along something else

--------------------------------------------

I think he is calling for a duel

grab the shotgun and yell "IT'S a duel? if you're the leader I accept the duel, COME ON, JUST YOU, IF I WIN YOU OBEY" *pointing the others*

damage the weapon arm on the first opportunity, or the legs, see what vat think about it, and be prepared to become a spanish toreador when he start charging you

get an eye for things that might hurt his charge when we get a breathing chance
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: December 29, 2018, 07:34:18 am »

Hmm, I will still be against educated and swift learner, even if we aren't likely to reach max level

I could easily forget my vote and vote along something else

--------------------------------------------

I think he is calling for a duel

grab the shotgun and yell "IT'S a duel? if you're the leader I accept the duel, COME ON, JUST YOU, IF I WIN YOU OBEY" *pointing the others*

damage the weapon arm on the first opportunity, or the legs, see what vat think about it, and be prepared to become a spanish toreador when he start charging you

get an eye for things that might hurt his charge when we get a breathing chance

+1

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: December 29, 2018, 06:17:43 pm »

Alright, IT'S ON, SMALL FRY! You yell, pointing at the hulking mass of leather and spikes. You step forward, telling the rest not to intervene. This bitch is yours. You take out your shotgun and point it at the hulking mass. Your pip-boy chirps, and the percentages are looking right in your favor. But you could go for a little more close-ranged carnage. Especially because of that armor. It's a lot thicker than you would like, especially when you're working with buckshot. Still, it's hard to get pas-OH SHIT
So he was a lot faster than you initially anticipated. For such a hulking mass of muscle and metal, he's pretty fast. You only barely manage to dodge the ball of scrap and tetanus, but not without it taking a little chunk out of you. It tears half your shirt off, and makes you bleed ever so little. It's little more than a surface wound, but damn it, you liked that shirt.
Your party members are rapidly clearing out, making some distance between the rampaging Buzzard and its prey. You retaliate for the shirt with a shotgun blast, peppering the big lug with buckshot. To your displeasure (but not surprise), it hardly makes a dent through the tough leather suit the creature is wearing, and it doesn't seem to be slowed down by any stretch of the imagination as well. Another swing from the massive mallet, though you're a bit more ready for it.
Or so you thought. At the last second, the creature stops the predictable swing and instead plants a kick right against your stomach. Knocked off your feet, you roll to the side to pull yourself together, trying to catch your breath from the blow. You elect to start running, instead. This fight is a tad tougher than anticipated. Maybe you're not quite agile enough to try playing matador on a seasoned fighter. At least you're faster than it. If it decided to drop the maul it's holding it would probably catch you and beat you to a pulp with its bare hands (actually, are those nails on his knuckles?).

Using VATS, you try to go for a precision shot next time he comes close. You put your stance a little a better, as well. Just something that came to mind recently to make for more accurate shooting. Unfortunately, your shotgun just doesn't allow for precision shooting. It's sawed off to the point that you use it like a pistol, the spread is so insanely high that it doesn't matter! (Precision shots are impossible with the sawed-off!). Well, you're stanced up anyway. The creature comes close, intent on crushing your skull (and just about everything else that's comparatively soft and squishy to that ball of pain he's holding), and you fire the shot just before it managed to start swinging. Despite the lack of a real precision shot, you must have hit something that ticked it off, because it is reeling from the hit, yelling in pain as it does so. Looking at the damage, you see you managed to puncture the armor protecting his gut, making him bleed just a tad. A gutwound like that could be a killer, but unfortunately, it's a slow killer. So slow, in fact, that it doesn't faze the creature after the initial hit.
When you feel the ground hit your back, you come to the realisation that you've just been hit. Then the sharp pain in your chest comes in. You yell in pain, pushing yourself back a bit as you try to crawl away from the creature that is currently walking up to you with a very confident swagger.
Too confident. God, you just wanna murder that fucking thing already!
You quickly draw your revolver, which it didn't expect. Then, you fire off a shot that you're pretty sure you only managed because you really didn't like that damn walk of his.
The soft breaking of glass indicates just how perfect that shot was (D100(94) + Guns/2(23)=117) as you pop a round straight into the creature's eye. It wheezes in a rather unique fashion as it drops the massive club to clutch at its head.

Then it stares at you with its remaining eye, glowing an even brighter red. It doesn't pick up the club again, and instead buckles down and charges, nail-backed fists approaching.
What the fuck will it take to kill you!? you yell, before clicking back the hammer and firing another shot. You manage to hit the creature's left shin, making it stumble. Good thing, too, because your next hit hardly hits anything. You just manage to graze  its arm. Out of ammo for your revolver, you start to realize that you are kind of outmatched in a lot of ways. Good thing you have a LOT of weapons on you! You pull out your 9mm pistol just as the creature gets to you. It slams its knuckles into your shoulders, and the nails dig in very deep. Your scream in pain, but the creature isn't done yet. As you desperately fire off the entire magazine of the pistol into the creature, it unleashes a flurry of hits on you, fortunately swiping more than he is outright stabbing. Just as your gun's slide goes back, hungry for more ammo, the creature finally stops, with a fist still in your side.
It's dead. Jesus christ, it's actually dead. You push it off of you, and limp over to your shotgun, left a small distance away after the hit from the maul. You feel what remains of your shirt growing damp with your own blood as you head back to the prone figure. Loading two shells in, you place it against the nape of the neck and blast both barrels at once. The creature's neck blasts apart, and the head rolls forward in an almost comical sense.
AND WHO THE FUCK ELSE WANTS SOME!?

Red eyes in the distance begin to fade away. They're giving you some breathing room, perhaps even respect. You hope for the breathing room part, because holy shit are you tired. Your party rushes towards you.
Jesus christ, I thought you were a goner!
I had to stop these two from interfering. They were planning on shooting that thing in the back!
You give Crackle a glare that can only be given by people on death's door. You are bleeding a lot, actually...
Uh, shit. I can cauterize some of that shit, if you want. No more leakage...
I guarantee you that shit will not improve by burning it shut! He needs some bandages, probably a tetanus shot.
Blitz is just groaning in distress at your injuries, while you just try to keep breathing despite the overwhelming want to just pass out and not deal with your lungs burning so much. Suddenly, however, a sack plops down next to you. Before you can say anything, Blitz is already looking inside.
It's... A bunch of powder, and I think drinks?
Looks like you put on enough of a show for them to respect you.
Rotface looks inside the bag, and his expression turns right around. He's smiling now! (Maybe, you can't tell with these zombies.)
This is some solid stuff! Healing poultices, like the legion. This'll close up your wounds... It uses healing powder as a base, though, you're gonna feel a tad fuzzy. Oh, and if I'm not mistaken that's Maw Milk.
The fuck is-
It's, uh, a colloquialism. They like to say it's the milk of the mutated alligators. Logically, that's not true, but it is a strengthening drink. It'll energize you right up, though I hear the after-effects are a tad harsh. I'll just get started on the poultice, and then you get to consider if you wanna slam this energy drink made up at least partially of battery acid.
Did they drop in any steady?
...No. No they didn't. They dropped us five bottles of nuka-cola, though. The normal kind.
Fuck it, hand me one of those. Blitz, could you be a doll and reload the guns? And take one of the colas, while you're at it.
The sugary beverage is luke-warm, though against all rational sense it's still a little carbonated. Used to be that they weren't, but in "recent" years (half a century) it just kind of came back, somehow. People aren't sure how, but they don't mind the improved taste compared to before.

Maybe you should take a break, or just call off the expedition for now. You're not bleeding to death anytime soon, but damn if you aren't hurt...

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Choose a perk. (and come to an agreement, please. Next update is the dice roll for it.)

Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 42