Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45175 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #360 on: November 23, 2018, 12:59:38 pm »

Distract him a bit, "if you're working with bartholomew you know that you won't get paid, right? You will end up like me, here, let's negotiate I can surely give something you want for less trouble these bullets won't last forever, some info might not hurt"
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 24, 2018, 08:32:33 am »

Distract him a bit, "if you're working with bartholomew you know that you won't get paid, right? You will end up like me, here, let's negotiate I can surely give something you want for less trouble these bullets won't last forever, some info might not hurt"
Try this one first.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 24, 2018, 07:05:58 pm »

Alright, fella. If you're doing this for Bartholomew, he's going to stab you in the back before you see any money.
Barking up the wrong tree, friend. I don't work for that fat bastard.
Sodom's no better!
I'll take my chances on a single bounty. Now drop your gun.
You need to get better at this sort of thing. [d100(23) + speech(25)= 48]. You drop your shotgun in the ashes and try to take a closer look at your adversary. His armor is too tough to break with your kitchen knife. Hell, it'd probably stop the shotgun pellets, as he says. You COULD try out our .357, but yo ususpect even that will have reduced effectiveness. No, what you need is to get a great big distraction. You look him over for any kind of weak point as he comes closer, at least weighted down a little by his armor. Not enough for it to really affect him, though. You need enough of a distraction that he won't shoot you as you break loose of the padded beartrap. You spot two points where you might be able to get out of this. One: his gloves don't look nearly as thick, so if you can get the quickdraw on him, that's where you could strike. Two: His laser rifle doesn't look to be in the best kind of repair. The battery holder is a tad warped, and while you've no doubt that it'll fire, you do have a sneaking suspicion that it might not be the safest. Of course, popping a shot in that thing from a prone position while quickdrawing a revolver that is infamous for relatively bad sights is a tad difficult. Fortunately, you've got a way to help out with that.
Your pip-boy chirps as you activate V.A.T.S. and draw your pistol. The figure manages to shoot a single laser about a meter away from you as he puts you in his sights, but that one miss all you needed. Holding steady, you pop off a shot right against his battery. [d100 (98) + guns (38) + steady (40)= 176]

The laser rifle explodes in a horrifyingly bright light, and the armored bounty hunter screams in pain. The flash from the battery is enough to completely blind you! But, fortunately, it's the same with your enemy. With nothing but touch, you reach down for the bear-trap and pry it open with ease [Strength=7]. You crawl around in a blind stupor, trying to blink your vision back. Luckily, you come across your shotgun, which you dropped earlier. You pick up up with your remaining free hand, until you suddenly get tugged on your shirt. Small hands, has to be Whisper. You follow the direction of the tugging, and your vision slowly comes back just as you pass over the dune and the first bullets from the guards start flying. You're long gone by that time, though.
After a while, you have enough vision again to know where you're going. You see that you left the road, Whisper having led the party to an unrelated location in the sands, to avoid leading people back to the Quarry. A little longer before they come ruin that...
Shit, that n-nearly went c-completely bad. What happened, a-anyway? D-did he ffu-fumble a flashb-bang?
I shot his laser rifle in just the right spot. Flashed us both and probably set him on fire.
F-for real? Shit, nice shot... Hey, about T-Tenderloin?
He nods to the figure still in his arms. She remains fast asleep, looking more comfortable in the bridal carry.
I have n-no idea how we're going to put her somewhere where she c-can rest. We don't really have proper beds. I m-mean, most of us have bedrolls, but I don't think people are going to share.
What about the guy that was with you? The dead guy.
Oh yeah... Well, I think Crackle claimed his bedroll. I'm not about to try and convince that guy to give it up, he gives me the creeps.
You look like you could detonate a man's skull with a well-timed squat thrust. How does he scare you to the point you won't even ask something?
Ever see a man get slow-cooked? We had a traitor in our gang once, cost us some men and a lot of caps. When we got to him, Crackle wanted to "have fun" with him. Ellis agreed, figuring that people would want their fill of well-aimed deserved violence.
It was a bit much, I'm guessing?
Seeing a man go from taunting, to scared, to begging, to crying and finally just... staring? Yeah. Not to mention, the wounds... The skin just splits, you know. All black, and then that red line appears and they scream all over from the air on the arm. So, yeah. I don't mess with people that do that to others for FUN. Some people are just bad eggs, man.
...Yeah. I'll see what I can do on the bedding front.

The journey back is uneventful, other than a small, passing headache. The mentats must have worn off, the world seems a bit more dull than before. When you get back at camp, you're glad to be home. Blitz is quick to run up to you and give you a surprise hug. You kind of awkwardly stand there, unsure of what to do about that particular situation. Eventually, you pat her on the back, as she moves over to check on Tenderloin. Which remind you.

How will you keep Tenderloin in a good position to continue healing? You'll need some place to keep her warm/comfortable, most likely. Maybe somebody is willing to share their bedroll.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Sated

EXP 'till next Level-up: 505/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (200XP: Rescued Tenderloin!)

I know shooting the battery wasn't really what was chosen, but come on. Look at that roll? I couldn't just leave it at "stick him in the fingers and hope you get lucky".
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 25, 2018, 07:13:26 am »

Try to convince someone to give Tenderloin a bedroll, if we can't get one we could pile up some clothing or stuff like it, no matter what put her in the little building.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 27, 2018, 05:28:40 pm »

Look, she's messed up. You have to understand that she needs a proper bed.
What I understand, is that we're a band of mercenaries under your employ. We don't have enough bedrolls between all of us, and we're not about to share with this woman we mostly know for getting high and slashing people with machetes.
Well, if I'm the boss, couldn't I just order you to share?
Careful there, "chief". People might not like getting ordered to give up their very precious bedrolls over and order. Ellis gets very close to you as he says that, intent on intimidating you. Considering you're about a head smaller than him, it'd probably work on the average person. You are not the average person.
[Ice Cold and Big Dog!] Tell you what, motherfucker. You try to threaten me again, and I'm going to bury you alive. You manage to say that in such a cold tone that it honestly feels like the temperature dropped a few degrees. You stare Ellis straight into his eyes. He meets your gaze, and for an uncomfortably long time you look at eachother, seeing who is the first to blink. He's clearly rattled, his pupils dashing around as you continue staring, unblinkingly. He's the first to flinch, as he steps away.
I'll be taking that fucking bedroll now, and I'll forget this happened. You'd best do the same thing.
I... This isn't over, Diaz!
Are you sure?
There is another tense pause where Ellis is clearly considering some more rash options, clenching and unclenching his fist. Finally, he slinks off without another word. He later returns with a bedroll, which he disdainfully throws to you.Speech: d100 (82) + skill (25)= 107
This never happened.
Thank you for your donation. Me and Tenderloin are very grateful.
He grits his teeth and moves away.

You go through the effort of making sure Tenderloin is comfortable in the shack. Blitz helps a little, clearing out some of debris. She does it more to be useful, as this is really just a one-person job. Just as you lay her comfortably, you feel somebody coming up behind you. You turn around slowly, and see Shaky is standing there.
Ellis j-just t-told you b-browbeat him into g-giving up a b-bedroll.
Yeah. Couldn't he face me himself if he wants to lodge a complaint?
No need t-to worry. The act of k-kindness is winning him favors w-with the others, right n-now. You're fairly p-popular, you know... Of course, t-this is mainly because they b-believe they get to keep the full haul of t-the loot on the last people that attacked. T-that bedroll w-wasn't free, I'm afraid.
Why are you telling me this?
Ellis d-doesn't always consider keeping our employers happy. This t-time, we're d-dealing with somebody that has the b-balls to put his foot d-down. So, call it c-curiosity. Or maybe a t-thank you. Really, I'm just t-telling you not to worry about the b-bedroll. Ellis has decided against any k-kind of vengeance... Beyond, perhaps, a p-practical joke.
...Right. I'll just see how I feel about the haul at a later date.

Alright, you've got some downtime. You can look after Tenderloin, teach Blitz something, or see if you get to have a say in that whole loot business.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP 'till next Level-up: 505/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (200XP: Rescued Tenderloin!)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 27, 2018, 08:11:47 pm »

i'm okay with it, only argue if there is a STEADY, but otherwise just ask the others to say to us what was in the haul, so we can plan ahead knowing our resources. Plus, say that they probably should learn how to act as a pack, if they have something for tenderloin or blitz (be it item/ caps or teaching some useful skill) it would be a smart move to share by their own wits or desires, we don't need anything of the haul
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 28, 2018, 08:46:08 am »

i'm okay with it, only argue if there is a STEADY, but otherwise just ask the others to say to us what was in the haul, so we can plan ahead knowing our resources. Plus, say that they probably should learn how to act as a pack, if they have something for tenderloin or blitz (be it item/ caps or teaching some useful skill) it would be a smart move to share by their own wits or desires, we don't need anything of the haul
+1

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 30, 2018, 04:47:51 pm »

You can keep al that stuff, but I want to know what the haul is. Need to factor that into our following raids, after all.
...Look for it yourself. Maybe Rotface will help. Ellis says, clearly still disdainful of you. The rest of the party looks at him confused, though.
J-Just let him b-be, men. He's a b-bit sore about the bedroll. Shaky steps forward, waving his hands to make sure nothing comes of it. Ellis lets it happen, and leans against a rock.
Psh. Pussy. Whisper, well, whispers. You suspect only you and Shaky managed to hear. She's not one of the lucky ones with a bedroll, along with Rotface.
Uh, I woulda just handed it over, really. I mean... I can sleep on the ground, no problem, I'd just use my shirt so i don't inhale any ash.
Don't suppose I get to have your bedroll, in that case?
I'll be real with you, boss, even I can appreciate some classic schadenfreude
Wow, Nubsy, look at you using four-syllable words. Also, I didn't think you had that kind of malice in you.
...I'll probably give it to you tonight, boss, I just wanted to see your face... At least I thought I did.
Rotface begins to laugh. It's an awful, wheezy sort of laugh that fully reminds you that he's a corpse that still elected to be sentient for a little while longer. Fucking ghouls, you swear.

Never laugh again. Also, while you're free to keep what you collected, I'm going to ask you all to act like a pack. If you know anything that will help others, don't hesitate. If you tihnk you know something Blitz might be able to use, feel free to teach her. She's a smart cookie.
You get a collection of agreeing grunts, that don't seem to indicate a lot of commitment. Still, they seem willing to try it out, maybe. You elect to just shrug and go over the loot before you decideon what to do next.

Gathered loot (remember, none of this is for you)

Looks like things are going to be quiet for a bit. Might be time to try being pro-active on the whole "taking revenge" thing. Or you could teach Blitz some things. Really, sky's the limit. Maybe you should check on the two eastern roads.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 30, 2018, 07:52:12 pm »

>Check the corpses if there is a hint of how they knew that someone killed the previous team, or something about us
>Bury the corpses on the ghoulandia
>Who was selected for being our insider in the town? If no one was selected see who is up for the job and send him/her in, specially someone who wasn't seem with us
>ask again/or remember how far is the other town, and gather plan ideas, maybe we can disrupt or put a false flag there but for that we will need a....
>scout check the other roads as a scout, and looking for sodom's men, try to kill them without screwing the clothes, if one of them is alive, bury it in the ashes until it ghoulify
Novice english wordsmith

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: December 01, 2018, 04:21:32 am »

>Check the corpses if there is a hint of how they knew that someone killed the previous team, or something about us
>Who was selected for being our insider in the town? If no one was selected see who is up for the job and send him/her in, specially someone who wasn't seem with us
>ask again/or remember how far is the other town, and gather plan ideas, maybe we can disrupt or put a false flag there but for that we will need a....
>scout check the other roads as a scout, and looking for sodom's men, try to kill them without screwing the clothes, if one of them is alive, bury it in the ashes until it ghoulify

+1

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: December 01, 2018, 06:19:09 am »

Ghouls do not come about from corpses. They are humans that look rotten because of a unique quirk in radiation. You can find more information on ghouls on page five of this document.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/e/2PACX-1vTLdlKrmE5WPU8b4R-9vBTCIjCPTNfbNrvw1FBfezxdIrWaNhNLUNmUOLGZHiKZFg_ap5cKx2HbD7tG/pub

EDIT:I now realize that I misread this and the misconception was not actually made. I'm not a smart man.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2018, 04:08:20 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: December 02, 2018, 06:03:25 pm »

You check over the remaining stuff from the dead men, trying to find out how they knew that the previous team was killed. However, none of them had anything of note, and their corpses are getting kind of rank. It doesn't take long for the rot to set in... If you keep these things here, you'll lure scavengers soon enough. Bloatfly infestations are gross enough, no need to accelerate that particular problem. As you look through anything that might be of use, it occurs to you that, considering the corpses from the first time you killed people in this quarry were gone, they most likely just told eahother after the next team or caravan came through. Both sides seem friendly enough, so they likely sent messengers... Maybe?
Well, it doesn't really matter. You couldn't find much on them, not even a mission briefing of sorts. Apparently, they were trusted enough to make an hour-long journey without forgetting that they are to trade things with the other guys. Who knew you could do things without a clear thing to indicate objectives? Well, regardless, you've got a collection of corpses you need dumped. You gather up a few people that are up to carrying them a small distance. It's not that difficult to reach ghoul country. Shaky, Nubsy, Rotface and, surprisingly, Whisper were up to it. Ellis, Crackle and Blitz remained, and Tenderloin is in no position to do much of anything.

There's something rather connecting about burying corpses together. Conversation may not flow, but in this world there's something resembling honest work in it. Although, to be fair, you're not burying them. You're just dumping them in the middle of nowhere for the animals to eat. The important part is that it's a distance AWAY from you. On the way back, however, people are fairly talkative, mostly making jokes about how hefty some of these guys were. Whisper remained quiet, though she occasionally laughed at some of the cracks that were made. As you go forward, you also ask who was selected as the insider for the town. People collectively kind of scratch their heads at the question, though. It hasn't really been decided or anything, though the idea had clearly come up. They need to reschedule anyways, now that some of them were possibly spotted and reported after that little outing. So it's up to people that weren't with you. Ellis is out, of course, he won't leave the group alone... Nubsy feels like he should stick around for Tenderloin's sake, so the only person really left is Rotface. He doesn't mind, though he isn't really the most charismatic. And you don't really like him.
Still, if he's the only one...
Well, alright. We'll have a final talk when we get back. Does anybody remember how far the other city is from here?
Half an hour's walk from the quarry. Why?
False flagging, or something similar. Point is, if we can get the two of them to start fucking with each-other, we'll be in a better position.
Won't t-that mess with t-that d-deal you have with the admuh-administration?
I'm sure they won't mind. We'll look into it. Also, I want a scout to check the roads. Hopefully, we can bag one of Sodom's men and get an intact uniform for our shenanigans.
We have a uniform of the other town, though. Well, 'uniform' is probably a bit much, but we have something.
Well, I still want to have that road covered in some regard.
T-they're a distance away, though. Gotta keep that in m-mind.

Alright. You put a few pieces in play, now it's time for some big moves. Maybe you could explore the town. OR do whatever. You've got some time, probably.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: December 03, 2018, 06:24:49 am »

Go explore the other town.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: December 04, 2018, 04:22:52 pm »

You finally enter the mysterious town that keeps sending people over, after a short journey along the road. There were quite a few corpses along the road, though they looked dried up and looted already. Ancient bandit robberies that ended ugly, and nobody to clean them. It gave you a good idea of what to expect. Blitz came with you, while the rest of the people got to work on the quarry. Nubsy promised to look after tenderloin for a while, so you were available. The town, compared to Lagniappe, is best described as a latrine spread out over a large area. Rats and bloatflies (non-agressive) scurry through the streets, crawling over druggies that look like they're seeing into space itself. some of those druggies have the telltale signs of a bloatfly infestation, large purple bulges of ready-to-burst maggots. Bloatfly maggots tend not to succeed in infesting something that's alive, despite most of their hunting strategy relying on it. It'll kill a rat, sure, maybe even a juvinile radscorpion or the occasional brahmin, if they're in groups. You pull Blitz a little closer and keep your hand on your gun. Those people are LONG gone.
The entry to the town must have been a landfill, sort of an exclamation point to the general purpose of the place. Now, you don't have any documentation about this place, but you've seen enough old world architecture to recognize factories. This was an industrial zone, and post-apocalypse these massive structures must have served well as a place to hide. Later on, a town must have come of it.
You spot a few securitrons in the scrap, as well, most of them gutted for their wiring and only leaving pieces of the old plating in the vague, bulbous shape. Some of the tougher-looking (and decidedly less strung out) people even wear pieces of robot armor, made up of all types... You don't know a lot of robots outside of securitrons and Mr. Handys, though.

you walk for a decent bit through the landfill, seemingly chased by squealing metal and the gibbering of Jet junkies and more. People are openly shooting up their drugs as you walk by, and you make it a point not to get too close. Nobody's unarmed in this town. As you almost get close to the factories in the town, one of the junkies, wearing little more than tattered rags, stumbles towards you, holding out his hand.
Fuck off. You say, before he can open his stupid mouth. It doesn't seem to deter the wretch.
C-can't I get a little money? I-I just need a hit to think straight, I'll pay you back, I promise on my life!
I'll say it again, fuck off and don't come near me. You smell like something curled up and died.
C-COME ON, MAN! I know you got caps, you don't walk like the others. A-and you got a kid!
You pull Blitz a little closer, who is currently reaching for her 10mm pistol. She's smart enough to know what weapons to grab. Excellent. You keep walking, anyway. Bullets are too costly to spend on this wretch, and you don't feel like making a fuss in this town just yet.
Hey! HEY! DON'T IGNORE ME, MOTHERFUCKER!
You see a glint of metal flash out his overly long sleeve, and you only barely manage to avoid getting cut by his lazy, yet frantic swing of scrap. (Agility roll: guaranteed pass)
It doesn't look like it would have hurt, even if it was even possible for a non-sleeping person to get hit by that thing. The junkie is about to say something, until a few red flowers suddenly pop open across his chest, punctuated with a sound similar to a hefty book getting closed. He makes a wheezing noise before plopping down dead. You smell the gunpowder below you, and shortly thereafter a sharp intake of breath from Blitz. Her silenced pistol is still smoking.
Huh... Nice shooting. Five shots, right in the ribs. I'm not looting the guy,too much stink... Let's move.
I... I just...
You reacted. And you reacted correctly. Keep it up, and you'll be a professional killer of men before your puberty hits.
I don't think I...
Just a joke. You're still going to be a badass, though.
You kick the corpse, to make sure he won't get up, and take a look around. Nobody seems to care, apart from one guy who is giving you the stink-eye. You keep an eye on him as you and Blitz move away from the body. Almost instantly, the guy sprints to the corpse and starts stealing the rags and whatever that junkie had in his pockes. Doesn't look like much more than pocket lint, but the corpse is hoisted over the shoulder and taken into parts unknown, deeper into the trashfields.
Not your problem.

When you enter the factories themselves, things seem considerably more alive. Plenty of armed guards around, but not nearly to the same extent as Lagniappe. They mostly look to be thugs that look at people in a way that implies violence. A lot of drug dealers, though. All their stuff looks a a bit "off", to say the least. Nothing you want to come near, at least. As you keep walking, you reach a more "built" part of the factory, with makeshift walkways and chairs. The thugs look a bit more relaxed and well-armed, and it doesn't take long before you see why. The catwalks all lead to higher places to watch a circular cage in. Inside the cage is a lot of sand, and a random assortment of makeshift weapons. Mostly pipes with a sharp piece of metal attached to it. Too heavy and unwieldy for easy carrying. Some more normal shivs, too. Plenty of blood on the sand, as well. As you come closer, a figure in a strange suit comes out of the shadows. His outfit looks to be an old tuxedo that's been fixed with whatever cloth was lying around. It even includes a hoodie, hiding the man's face.
First time to the Abbatoir? I don't know you.
Huh. A WOMAN, actually. You wouldn't have guessed without her voice.
...Yeah. I guess I'm new. What's the Abbatoir?
A lotta things, stranger. Mostly it's a place for people to show off their pit fighters. Though there's no fight on for today, only a sale. Of course, they're not all fighters, we've got the standard slave auctions too. Children are extra, tho-
I'm gonna stop you right there. No slaves for me.
Too rich for your blood? I getcha. Slaves are a dying market out here, everybody who's got the caps for one HAS one. At least the caravans came through, but our last one got raided or some shit. At least those assholes got hit by Crossbones. Had a super mutant, too! Fuck me, that thing smashed our top fighter in the ground... But I'm getting off topic. What are you here for?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP 'till next Level-up: 510/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (200XP: Rescued Tenderloin!)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2018, 04:24:42 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: December 05, 2018, 07:50:30 am »

Just looking around, seeing whats available.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 42