Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45131 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #420 on: January 07, 2019, 04:23:05 pm »

Diaz said one day something along the lines "it's them or us", and it is already partly monster so no problem in shooting they

but... we might know better where to go and what to do, we can convince them to talk whatever we want to know in trade to not shooting them

and shoot them later, they were going to rape us, there is no need to give them mercy

"Give us directions to the local important places and to where they might have energy cells, give us what I want and we might let you live"

And shoot
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 09, 2019, 06:16:28 pm »

You stop yourself from shaking in just short while. You're a badass, remember? They might have gotten the better of you for just a moment, but you're in control now. Just as you're about to pull the trigger on the sawed off, you suddenly change your mind for just a moment. You need them, for now.
Let's make a deal, alright?
The kid continues to scowl at you, although he's clearly shaking. He's scared now, though he was more than willing to kick you while you were down.
I need directions. To whatever's important, and to wherever they've got energy cells.
Fuck you!
Wrong answer. Tell me or I start shooting.
...You don't have the guts.
You prove him wrong with a quick shot close to his foot. You're definitely not shaking any more. Diaz is right, it IS you or them. And you always need to look out for number one.
Wanna try again?
Fffuck. J-just... Tell her, man. I don't wanna die!
The kid looks at his bleeding friend. If he's talking, it's a gut wound. It'll take ages for him to actually die, you know that from the gladiator games you had to watch, on occasion. You don't know much about medicine, but since Tenderloin got shot you know where the breathing happens, at least. So, yes, he'll make it if he gets some help. Easy.
Fuck it. If you keep going straight on that end, you'll end up at the compound. That's where they keep the rest of us, and some of the runts that don't get that this place is better than the shithole outside. If you go left every time you can, you'll end up in the feeding pit. They keep a big monster there, but they don't let us see. They bring bodies there. If you go straight and go right at the second turn you end up at the crane. They got a generator.
D-don't lie! If she comes back she'll...
Shut the fuck up, you idiot! We could had that way!
Bleedy! Tell me what he lying about!
W-with the crane, it woulda led you to the throne room. It's where... It's where the leader of this place sits. H-he'd love a girl like you, alright?
Right. How do I get to the crane, and where the fuck are the energy cells?
T-they've got cells in the loot room! J-just... Take a right and keep going. T-they've got loads of stuff, even powdersticks. T-they don't know how to use 'em, so they just keep them there. I think there was a laser thing there. Fffuck... Oh God, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die, I don't wanna die...
If they find out you said all that they fucking WILL! God damn it... And you were just about to get your suit, how the fuck are we going to explain the bullets?
I wouldn't worry about that.

You stabilize the shotgun and blast the kid that was still glowering at you. He flies off without a sound, and if he did squeal you wouldn't have heard it over the echoing explosion of noise that the shotgun released alongside it's shells. The corpse slides a small distance, and you don't even need to check to confirm that he's dead. The other kid instantly starts crying and wailing, crawling back  while still clutching the stomach wound. He's stumbling over his feet in his desperate attempts to get away.
N-NO, NO!  WE GAVE YOU WHAT YOU WANTED, WE GAVE YOU WHAT YOU-
You don't let him finish as as you let the second barrel blast away, pulping his head entirely. When you let the breach open up, the shells pop out and rattle on the floor. It's oddly satisfying, and you never felt so powerful. This is a combination of results and safety. Loading in two new shells is also great, there's something oddly satisfying about it.

You decide to look their pockets while you're at it, grabbing a particularly sharp-looking tool and their rope. The rope looks to be low quality, but the digging tool looks like it could do some damage. It's a small pick, perfect for your size, as well. Considering you lost your sharpened rebar when that buzzard took you earlier in this place, this should hopefully give you an alternative. Not that it's quite as good for a surprise stabbing, but it will have to do. Now, you've just got a direction to follow. You'll stop by the loot place, first of all. You're bound to find the best goodies there, and it probably won't take too long to get there. Besides, you need those batteries. Unless, of course, you think of something even more valuable.

Stats and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Blitz will remember this...
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 09, 2019, 11:50:10 pm »

How cute the kid growing and creating a touch for delicate situations.

hmm, the monster can create a rampage, the kids can see us as heroes, or as prey the leader... hmm the leader

Nhe, we know of our capabilities, we are testing the limits of our luck with this shotgun blaster, but we could give this info for diaz, he could maybe use it, maybe now, maybe later

go to the loot room, remenber the rest of the coordinates to tell diaz later
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 10, 2019, 05:32:27 am »

How cute the kid growing and creating a touch for delicate situations.

hmm, the monster can create a rampage, the kids can see us as heroes, or as prey the leader... hmm the leader

Nhe, we know of our capabilities, we are testing the limits of our luck with this shotgun blaster, but we could give this info for diaz, he could maybe use it, maybe now, maybe later

go to the loot room, remenber the rest of the coordinates to tell diaz later
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 11, 2019, 04:37:07 pm »

As stated in my other game,, my update schedule is going to be wonky for the rest of the month. No update today, sorry.
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: January 12, 2019, 04:10:10 pm »

You head to the loot room, but make a mental note of the other locations. Not that you're going to visit them yourself, but they're useful places to know for somebody big enough to deal with it all. Of course, the loot room itself is bound to be trouble, but you've got Diaz's shotgun. You've seen him take down a giant with this thing less than an hour ago, you're sure you can blast away any kind of smll fry. Of course, "small fry" is kind of a relative term when you're only about 140 cm. Sometimes you wonder how much that is in feet, but they didn't show you that. They said things had to be precise when you had to measure and cut for a week. You got to keep that ruler for a while, so you have a pretty good idea of 10 centimetres, but you don't know how it translates to feet.
You shake the thought from your mind. It's not really important, and you should be getting close to the loot room. Fortunately, it's kind of out of the way. Not much reason to visit unless there's loot to be had, and Diaz, Crackle and Rotface are bound to be holding their own. You turn a corner, and you see the loot room just a few meters away!
Along with the guards, already pointing their spears at you. They roar something from behind their gasmasks, and you respond by blasting off your shotgun. Don't misunderstand, it may sound like you calmly blew them away or something, but that's not really the case for two reasons. For one, when you saw the glint of the spear you kind of instantly backtracked and tripped over your own feet. You blasted off your shotgun, sure, but you didn't take the time to aim or even steady the gun. Against the odds, you don't break your wrist, even though you feel like you came real damn close.
You swear and start running through the tunnels of rust and scrap. Your pursuers know the tunnels better, they are used to the uneven ground, and are much taller than you. You won't outrun them for long. Still, you apply a little counter-pressure by turning around and blasting the remaining barrel from the sawed-off. You're holding it with both hands, this time, and actually hit your shot dead-on! A full blast of 00 buckshot, right in the chest of the spearman. You feel a tad satisfied.
You'd feel even better if it did more than SLOW IT DOWN!

Fortunately, you still knew your way back to the open field. Taking on those things in the cramped quarters is suicide, and if it wasn't for the shotgun blast knocking one of them back, you would have been caught. Good thing you know how to run, especially now that hunger isn't quite as much of an issue. Used to be that gnawing feeling knocked you back before you got anywhere. Now, you've ran farther than you've ever run before. Good thing, too, considering the alternative was being turned into a Blitz shishkebab. You drop the shotgun to the ground again, sending the (hopefully) sturdy instrument of noise and death clattering away. You pull out your pistol as the guards move in. The one you blasted goes first, which is quite fortunate. You manage to plug him twice during his charge, and guessing from his gurgle and sudden tumble, you even killed him. But it was on that day that you learned something fundamental about physics. One of the laws of motion, in fact.

-An object in motion stays in motion...
The guard skids forward, falling flat on his face as his legs fail. He was only a meter away from you, and his spear was even closer. He tumbles a bit more, and as you stagger back...
Unless acted upon by an outside force.

You suddenly scream in pain. The spear flew out of the dying creature's hands and right into your shoulder, piercing deep and rending flesh with the serrated edge. The other one roars, whether in mourning for his friend or out of victory isn't really certain. What you do know is that you've never felt a pain like this. Not just pain, but a horrible feeling that seems to catch your lungs and leave your blood freezing cold.
You might die right now. You might have gotten hit in a way that'll kill you.
Screeching in pain, fury and more than a little bit of pure terror, you pull out your second pistol with you other hand and just start firing both pistols at the other spearman. You don't even pay attention to where you're hitting, as long as the threat in front of you is dead you can finally breathe. The pain in your shoulder grows even more horrific as the recoil of the pistol sends shocks through your arm, but your all-out assault works. The other creature falls on its back as you continue shooting it, black gysers of blood with every strike. You didn't even notice for a few seconds that the guns had stopped firing and started clicking. You're out of bullets.
Then you scream again as you notice the pain of holding the pistol with your damaged arm. Your shoulder is messed up, and without the fear of death and adrenaline, you can't hold anything. You need to get the spear out, or...
No!
You can't pull things out of the wound. Not yet. You need to... get rid of the stick. But you can't break it off like that, it'll tear right out. The serrated edge keeps it embedded in your flesh, but...

You holster your pistols, unable to reload them one-handed. You pick up the shotgun that you dropped, thanking your lucky stars it was "only" your right arm. If it was your dominant arm, you'd be screwed entirely. The breach opened from hitting the floor, so you can try out your plan. With the gun on the ground, you place the shells inside and put the barrel right up against the spear handle. One blast later, most of the handle is blasted off, leaving a more manageable blade in you. It won't fall out right away.
Unfortunately, that blast still jostled the spear enough to hurt like a motherfucker.

You reach the loot room in just a little while. Sure enough, all manner of goodies are here. Stimpaks are a welcome sight, and you recognize the batteries you'll need. Slinging the awkward backpack off you (taking care not to touch the spearhead), you start packing what you can using only one arm. Med-X, stims, a small bag of bottlecaps, energy cells and a few microfusion cells. You also pack a particularly interesting looking energy weapon. Actually, considering reloading is going to be a pain, you elect to just wield it. It's a bit bigger than the usual pistols, but despite that it's a tad lighter. It reads "Glock 86" at the side. You hope it'll punch through whatever's next. More specifically, you hope there's nothing next.
Before you head anywhere, though, you elect to take a chance. You're too scared to start using needles on yourself with that blade still inside you, but...
You know Med-X can dull the pain. You just can't overdose. You're too light, and this place is too dangerous. You've got nothing but your wits left, can't lose that.
Taking a deep breath, you take the hefty syringe and stick it in your arm. Whether by luck or just plain good feeling, you hit the vein you needed. Now the dose...
When the pain fades, you find that you're not woozy. You must have done it right. You remove the syringe and look at how much you could take before...
That was the whole dose of med-x. Med-X meant for a grown man. And you feel fine!?
(Special perk attained!: Chem resistant:Negative effects of chems simply don't occur with you, and it is much harder to end up addicted. )

You continue heading forward. Without the pain, it's a smooth journey. Never in your life did you expect to see a crane and feel this level of relief. It changes when you hear Rotface's machine gun going off, alongside a varmint rifle. You hear a unique sort of fwooshing noise, as well. Seems like things were not quiet while you were gone.
You elect to move forward as soon as possible, and turn off the generator first of all. Pulling the lever to get the gate moving. Before it even finishes up, a smaller Buzzard starts running at you. Your new pistol crackles with energy as it sends a plasma bolt flying forward. Hitting the creature square in the chest, the whole thing just turns into a neon green before melting off the bones. You yell, impressed by the carnage a single shot just caused! You like this thing!
I GOT THE STUFF! you yell at Diaz, running over to him.

I GOT THE STUFF! Blitz suddenly yells from behind you, as you reload your varmint rifle again. You're damn glad you fixed up the engine in time, considering you've been fighting waves of these fucking things for the last ten minutes. Ten minutes in an intense fight can feel like an hour-long slog. If it wasn't for Crackle's flamethrower and molotovs, you would have been overwhelmed a while ago. That flamethrower is clearly overheating, though, and there are several leaks already. If it wasn't needed to stay alive, you would have told him to get the hell out of there with that back-mounted deathtrap. Fortunately, with Blitz' arrival, the wave is calming down. They're most likely regrouping to account for the open gate. You open up Blitz's box, and are quite pleased to see what she scavenged. You didn't even ask her, but damn she over-performed! You plug in the microfusion cells, making sure the truck will last. It roars to life in an instant, so now all you need is putting that forge on the truck. All that requires is getting to the crane and getting it on there. It's an easy manoeuvre, if you can get there. Of course, shit is hitting the fan and...
Does Blitz have a fucking knife in her shoulder?!

What next? You also got your shotgun from Blitz, while you weren't paying all your attention.

Statistics and inventory.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking just a tad

EXP (160/800): Buzzard (10XP) Trash-mutt (10XP)

boom surprise update. My fingers hurt
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 05:42:33 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: January 12, 2019, 05:21:59 pm »

Holy fuck

"Blitz, are you ok? oh fuck let's get out of here and then we solve this, HOO BOYS, WE ARE GOING TO  MOVE THIS SHIT NOW, ROTFACE, YOU'RE PRE WAR RIGHT? KNOW HOW TO DRIVE?"

use that crane as fast as we can, congratulate for the loot on the way, after getting on a safe distance treat blitz wounds and ask how her excursion went and if we need to avenge who did this on her shoulder

Did I said already that you somehow you manage to put adrenaline in your texts?
Novice english wordsmith

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: January 12, 2019, 09:25:18 pm »

Holy fuck

"Blitz, are you ok? oh fuck let's get out of here and then we solve this, HOO BOYS, WE ARE GOING TO  MOVE THIS SHIT NOW, ROTFACE, YOU'RE PRE WAR RIGHT? KNOW HOW TO DRIVE?"

use that crane as fast as we can, congratulate for the loot on the way, after getting on a safe distance treat blitz wounds and ask how her excursion went and if we need to avenge who did this on her shoulder

+1 to all of this
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: January 13, 2019, 05:05:43 am »

Holy fuck

+1 to all of this
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: January 15, 2019, 07:11:07 am »

Motherfucker! Blitz! Are you alright? Who the fuck did this to you?
A dead man. It doesn't hurt, I used some Med-X.
Fuck, alright! Look, We'll look into getting you fixed up as soon as we make our move out of here. I'll get on that crane, the car is ready to go! ROTFACE! Drop the gun and get to driving!
On it, chief! Rotface yells, twisting his attention from his freshly reloaded gun and moving to the truck. He also takes the time to yell after Crackle, though it doesn't quite get through to the man quite yet. He's in his "zone" again...
Not your problem, not yet anyway. Rushing to the crane, you have Blitz follow you for now. You might need an extra gun while you work, and she seems to have picked up a nice one. Plasma defender, of all things. Strikes an interesting balance in power and ease of use, compared to most other plasma alternatives. Good old Glock, coming through on light and easy to use. If it wasn't for the ammo, it'd be the perfect gun for Blitz, really.
Almost the second you reach the crane, you see another horde of Buzzards rushing towards both the truck and you. Even an animal knows not to stick their nose where it hurts, but they just keep going at it! They're completely insane! Fortunately, they find the truck more interesting than your crane, and they only sent in about five. You get on a knee and start firing your varmint rifle, as it's the only thing that's still loaded. The fights got a tad tough, and taking on a distant position proved useful, but right now you really wish you thought of loading your shotgun again. You miss your first shot, but Blitz fortunately doesn't. The plasma seems to punch a hole clean through the buzzard, giving a unique look at the insides of the creature. It didn't seem to appreciate the insight as it flops on the ground. Your next shots are more successful, fortunately, two hits on the same Buzzard take it down. You never know how many bullets they can take, all you know is that they're either at full speed or dead. They can't possibly be human. More plasma shots fly, fortunately doing far more damage than your piddly little varmint rifle can manage. Three hits take down the Buzzards, allowing you to get to craning. You climb up the ladder, and climb in the booth. Crackle's flamethrower isn't firing anymore, in the distance, leaving only Rotface's rifle making sound. What happened? Did the damn thing finally give out?
A sudden, fiery explosion answers that question. You couldn't quite see it, but it doesn't take a genius to figure out that it was Crackle's flamethrower giving the ghost by exploding. You only hope it took down a few of the freaks.

It takes you a little while to figure out the controls, but they're mercifully easy. Just a button for lowering the grabby thing. You hadn't really paid attention to how it works, but
CLANG
It's an industrial magnet. That makes it a little easier. You turn the stick to the left, although you forgot to raise the damn thing. It skids along the ground, and guessing from the screams you hit some Buzzards as well. This place has no OSHA compliance. After a little bit of (panicked) button pressing, you eventually manage to raise it. You're glad you ARE able to see the truck, the trash piles aren't quite as all-covering as you feared, and after a little more wiggling around, you manage to place the forge on the truck. After pressing the release, you also think of raising the crane at least a little.
Right,that'll do.
Then you hear Blitz screaming.
Looking outside, you see Blitz is only barely fighting off two Buzzards. Her plasma defender is doing work, guessing from the corpse already present, but they must have come right out of fucking nowhere! You recognize the bullet wounds, too, you already shot these bastards earlier! Fuck, you should have double tapped all of them!
The crane gives you a good vantage point, at least, so you fire at the closest one to Blitz.
Time seems to slow down as you take your shots to save your little buddy. Whether by the tiniest course correction of sheer dumb luck on the bullet spread, you barely avoid hitting Blitz' left shoulder and strike a Buzzard in the foot instead. You cycle the bolt, and pop the other one before he can strike. Blitz's attacker, who you already hit in the foot, is rapidly melting from another defender shot. You just about jump off the ladder to get moving back to the truck. You hear Rotface screaming, and while it's hard to tell with ghouls, you're fairly certain it's in terror.
Turning a corner, you see why. There's an increasingly large horde approaching from one end, and Crackle's body is lying on the ground, twitching and burnt. That fucking flamethrower exploded, of course, and Rotface is out of ammo guessing from how he's holding his gun like a club (and that there's a Buzzard with a broken skull in front of him.)
IN THE TRUCK, WE'RE LEAVING
I'M NOT LEAVING HIM, GET CRACKLE ON BOARD!
YOU GHOUL MOTHERFUCKER, GET THAT FUCKING TRUCK STARTED, HE'S DEAD! you scream at him, but his response is less than ideal. He jumps off the back of the truck, and rushes to Crackle's body. Guessing from the yell when he starts lifting, seems the tough bastard is alive.
Some sudden movement from the sides causes you to try firing off your varmint rifle, but the click makes you realize your empty as well. You take your sawedoff and load it as fast as you can as Blitz blasts the newest Buzzard out of the truck. They're here, and you don't have time to get those two idiots....

How well do you know them anyway? Crackle's obviously not going to make it and Rotface....
He's just a filthy stinking ghoul.
You press the button to start the truck. It's a simple system, just a gas pedal, a wheel and brakes. No stick, no problem.
We can't just leave them! NO!
Blitz is pulling on your arm. Damn it all, they're just about here. You're out of ammo for everything but your shotgun...
It's THEM or US!
But they-
Suddenly, you are hit with a shower of glass and hear another roar from behind you. A quick move from your shotgun, without even looking, blasts the unwanted passanger away. You can't do anything else. They're already upon Rotface, who is desperately fighting off the first few stragglers. He's not going to make it.
Please...

Why the fuck are you such a sucker for a kid, of all things?
You twist the wheel, and drive right up to Rotface and Crackle. just a few meters closer, but you manage to put the truck between the wave and them. You yell at Blitz to get Rotface on the back, which she quickly does. You fire off your remaining shell as another one enters, and then you are forced to switch to your damn kitchen knife. The door of the truck at least funnels them into the blade, so you're not instantly overrun. You hear more defender shots going off, and then Blitz enters the passenger's seat.
GOOOO! She screams, just about squeaking in fear as she is forced to kick away another one of those freaks. You don't need anything else, and slam the gas pedal down. You have to make an awkward three-way turn, but the sheer weight of the truck is enough to deter any Buzzards from actually stopping you. Soon, you're in the right direction. You may not know quite how to drive, but damn it you can figure it out. Following the road you took isn't hard, though Blitz is firing off her defender again after reloading it (using her legs to hold it. You'll get rid of that blade later)
You don't know if Rotface is even still on the truck, and you don't care. At least the road isn't that hard to follow, apart from some uncomfortable metal screeching and some slower driving at the ash, nothing really manages to STOP you. Eventually, you reach the exit. You keep driving a little further, and finally stop at the edge of town. Your reload your shotgun, mosly out of habit, as a score of people begin coming out of town, mouth agape.
The first sound is from the preacher, Chevrolet, which you didn't expect. Wasn't he at the centre of his part of town?
BLESSED BE! THE ANGEL COMBUSTION HAS COME AND BROUGHT US ALL! HAHAAA! HEATHENS, BEGONE, BEGONE! GUARDS! KEEP THEM AWAY FROM THE ANGEL!
One quick shot from a particularly loud gun seems to disperse about half the crowd. You step out of the truck, and just barely manage to avoid collapsing entirely. Your vision is blurring, and you are coming to the realisation that your energy rush is at an end.
I'll be... Taking... that... fucking reward now?
The malformed preacher slaps on the back, and nearly hugs you. You can feel him shaking from excitement.
Not only the Holy Forge, but a working Angel. All brought to us... Yes, you will be very well rewarded. First, however, we will tend to your wounds. Our finest organic mechanics will help, you'll see! you'll see! Fix you up, nice and proper to serve the Great Combustion!
I'd argue, buT..... Fuck.

You don't remember when you were put to bed, but when you awake you certainly feel a lot better. Relatively. You've got the shakes again, and you're fairly certain that you're also doped up by a wide margin. When you look to the side, you see Blitz is asleep and shirtless. There's also a stitch where that blade was, and a collection of bandages. You would have preferred if she got to keep some modesty. Looking at yourself, however, you see that you're on nothing but your underwear. Plenty of bandages, though.
After you sigh loudly, getting yourself ready to move, the cleanest looking man you've seen in this city comes through the door. He has a very thick moustache, contrasting the complete lack of hair on his head. Of course, that's only secondary to his positively massive frame. He must be seven feet tall or something!
Ahh! My patients are awake! How are you feeling?
Blitz suddenly shoots up, wide awake. Not as doped as you were?
Oh my, you can shake off the anaesthetics quickly, can't you?
Blitz doesn't say anything, and after a quick re-assessment of where she is (and seeing you) she instead covers her chest to preserve some modesty. Not that she's quite old enough to really be covering anything, but it's still better.
Your ghoul friend is in the other room. We're giving him a radiation treatment, alongside some blood transfusions. I really suggest you stay here for a while longer, though, you had a lot of internal damage.
...Was it bad?
You were running on fumes when you got back. Believe me, without the Med-X you wouldn't be talking. Not coherently, anyway. You'll be fine in a few hours. As for you, Blitz, was it?
She nods, blushing up a storm from the situation.
You weren't in top shape either, but you took very well to the drugs we had. After I noticed how the Med-X already in your system hardly affected you, I figured I could risk a few higher-strain treatments. You're probably good to be running around already, but I'd ask you stay with... I didn't get a name for him. He was referred to as the newest "Bishop" but I know about a dozen Bishops here.
It's Diaz. You say
Right. You'll need a little while to be at full strength. Feel free to stay here a while longer, maybe catch up with your daughter. I'll leave you alone for a time.
She's not my-
The door closes.
Hm.
IS there something to talk about?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking pretty bad. This will affect you.

Quest complete!
Forging The Way!

Level Up!

You have 14 skill points! Add them to the skills of choice!
Current skills

Choose a perk!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2019, 08:23:06 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: January 15, 2019, 07:43:08 am »

Ask her what happened to Crackle, and if shes okay.

Skills:
Barter: +3
Lockpick: +1
Medicine: +7
Survival: +3

Choose a perk!
Hand loader: You figured out how to make hand loads, meaning your an make your own bullets and have them be better than normal bullets. Also gives a boost to gun maintenance (+5)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: January 18, 2019, 06:21:36 pm »

...So, what happened to Crackle? I kind of passed out.
He's dead. The burns were something he was used to, but...
But what? He's dead, no need to sugercoat it.
I... I missed one of my defender shots and... Well, I think that's why his flamethrower blew up. Mister Rotface didn't notice, but one of his burns was greener. I think... I killed him.
Well... Shit. Best not tell that to the rest, alright? They don't need to know. Do you feel bad over it?
...A little. I didn't know him that well, but I didn't mean to...
Shit happens. Lord knows I've been there before. Still, the cook's flamethrower was close to bursting anyway, no way to get around it.
There's another thing. Rotface didn't want to move, first, because he was still... I saw it before. Some slaves can't take the abuse anymore and start dying all... twitchy. They're dead, but they keep on thrashing. So... I had to get Rotface moving.
Don't tell me you shot him yourself.
I blew his head off. It's faster and better that way. They did the same for Ratty.
Did it get Rotface moving?
He yelled, but then the Buzzards were here. They stabbed him in the chest, but he got moving. I shot a few more Buzzards during the drive, so I definitely saved Mister Rotface's life. He should get that the value's equal, right?
Well, I don't really give a shit about him, so whatever. Still, losing Crackle isn't going to please the group, let's hope they don't get pissy. With some luck, the reward will be worth big enough.
Yeah...
Look, aside from Crackle, how are you holding up?
I shot two people. They were about my age.

There is a short pause as you parse the information. The fact she refers to them as people show that they weren't just Buzzard midgets, so...
Alright. There's a big difference between mercy killing somebody and blasting away two kids. You're not the most responsible person, you'll freely admit that, but that needs addressing.
What happened. You say, a bit more firm than usual.
I... They tried holding me down and were planning on... I don't know. I think they were gonna- T-they where boys so...
Oh... I'll ask again, are you ok?
They didn't get anywhere, I managed to surprise them with my pistol. But... They called me pretty.
Yeah, things get creepy like that.
I don't wanna be pretty. The pretty ones get degraded. I don't know what that word means, but mom always said it.
You aren't a slave anymore. You can be pretty all you like.
I... Thanks. But... Killing children is wrong, right?
Not a lot of situations where people would accept it. At least here, it's self-defence.
I got them to back off after the surprise. They told me directions to the crane and the loot room, along with some other places. I could have left them, but...
But what. You're getting notably displeased. More than you'd expect.
It was me or them, so I blasted them away.
...Harsh. But whatever. What happens in the Buzzard dens stays in the Buzzard dens.
Okay.
We'll talk more about this later. Let's just grab our reward, our ghoul and kick off. How long have we been in here, anyway?
We stayed the night. It's morning outside.

When you leave the room, a woman quickly comes up to you and tells you that you shouldn't be moving around too fast. She follows it up by saying she isn't the boss of you, but just reminds you that you aught to be careful for a while. Considering you just wanted to visit Chevrolet and talk about the reward, it's easy enough. Nobody else tries to stop you, so it's an easy walk. The doctor's office (or the "organic mechanic") is actually quite far to the back of the Blackfinger hide-out. No wonder you missed it the first look through. Then again, the increase in guard patrols likely means this isn't for the strangers to enjoy. There's bound to be doctors in every group of the dump, though, especially with how many chems pass around. It doesn't take long to find Chevrolet, you just had to follow the ranting. You find him deep inside the guts of the truck you stole, showing some of younger looking Blackfingers how things work. Mixed in with a general sermon about the evils of idle hands, of course. When you cough, he quickly jumps out of there, his twisted back not being a hindrance to his movements, somehow. Other than a sort of hopping way to walk.
And here he stands! The great warrior against the Buzzards, the fighter for Fuel, The scrapper, the newest Bishop! Yes, yes. Not only the forge, but a glorious engine, besides! Buzzards have wrought their foul hands upon it, but I shall purify this beauty. You'll see, you'll see.
I have things to do. Mind telling me what the reward is?
For what you bring? Plenty, plenty! A thousand caps, for one. Simple legal tender for the working hand. Just a basic pleaser, I have much better for you! By the powers vested in me by the Great Combustions, I have deemed you Bishop of the Blackfingers! A deserving rank. You are considered one of us, and even have the right, nay, DUTY to build your own Magnum Opus in our workshop!
I'm not working on anything if you're forcing it on me.
Free spirits are common here. You need not worry. It's free to use whenever you wish. Of course, your new kinship means our store will have prices fit for a king. Most importantly, however, for bringing the forge to us, we can hand you... something unique. Something truly special. You see, we knew what the Buzzards used the forge for, a clever and perceptive soul might even have translated their markings, had you taken the time! Inside the forge itself, lies the eggs of their great beast. Only one, they can feed only one. The rest, they release. We see them drive out, at night. Their haunting lights in the night sky as they soil another Angel with their heathen hands. Unleashing beasts along the ways. But, we will give you the great challenge. We grant you the egg.
You don't know where he was holding it, but he hands you a very large, brown egg. You haven't ever seen an egg like that before, but you can tell that there's something inside that's alive. It feels oddly warm. Of course, there's really only one thing in the wasteland that lays eggs of that size.
Motherfucker... Is this a fucking deathclaw egg?
Chevrolet grins as he hands you a fairly large backpack, perfect for fitting the egg in. It was by the side of the truck, which explains where he got it from, but how'd he get it so smoothly?
Keep it safe, later, keep it fed. It shall be a fine companion, given time. They are very smart beings.

Quite the gift you just got. The prices in the store were just reduced by about 60 percent, by the way. Make some choices before you grab your ghoul (or don't) and go back to camp (or don't.).

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: January 19, 2019, 10:10:38 pm »

I say we check out the store again, and look a the work shop before we get Rotface.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: January 20, 2019, 01:12:09 am »

I say we check out the store again, and look a the work shop before we get Rotface.

+1. Let's also see if we can get some Steady.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: January 20, 2019, 06:10:42 pm »

Your first visit is to the workshop. Might as well see what your special little spot actually gets you. Hephaestus is happy to show you your very own spot in the workshop. It's really just a collection of chains to hold something up in, and a free pick of the available tools. You can find just about anything in here, especially now that you got them a forge. Hephaestus himself is happily hammering away on a red-hot piece of metal while he speaks. It's kind of impressive he manages to overpower the amount of NOISE that is permeating the workshop. The heat is also stifling, although the big man himself is wearing a leather apron and a welding mask. He's protected, at least. They know what's up. He tells you that people are free to make whatever they wish here, and that most prefer making a combustion engine. Not only does it appease the Great Combustion, but it's generally a great test of skill for any Blackfinger. There's not a lot of gasoline around, but that's what the Doomride is for. They don't elaborate on what that is, considering it's something for the far future. You don't care enough to pry. At any rate, you've got a spot ready if there's anything big you want to repair or create. It can be something practical for yourself, or you can make an Offering. Something that is technically impressive and given to the Blackfinger tribe to increase your standing. If it's useful, it'll be rather well-liked, but if it's just something that is tough to create it'll get you plenty of browny points. He gives the example of the clockmaker, as well. He was revered for his skill in all the little gears and other finely tuned instruments, before he fell into drug abuse. Hephaestus sniffs, whether in disdain or as a sad aside glance isn't easy to tell with his mask and how little you give a shit.
Still, it's nice to have a little spot for yourself.

the shop. You might as well check to see what the prices are for people they actually like here. The man in charge of the store gives you a warm welcome, but is quick to tell you that, due to an increasingly cut-throat market, he can really only reduce the price by a third instead of the usual two-thirds. Some people might still be saying that to you. However, for bringing what is essentially a holy relic, he lets you have your first item at a reduced cost. There's also some new stock, now that you're a Bishop in the Blackfinger group. Not a whole lot is different, though. Unfortunately, due to their stance on chems, none of those are available. No steady for now. Damn it.
Well, you'll just see what's available.

Spear-gun: Made up of scrap, these things use compressed air to launch a foot-long spear with a broad tip at high speeds. It's all man--powered, though, and you'll need to pump up the air pressure manually using a pump at the front. It takes a large amount of pumps to get it to a properly lethal rate, and you need quite a bit of strength to keep the pressure going. STR requirement: 7. However, the harpoon is reusable. (80 caps) (120 caps if not selected first)
Ramrod Rifle: A combustion version of the spear gun, this modernized flintlock fires the sharpened ramrod into opponents. It's effective range is diminished, but the damage is much higher at close range. Requires gunpowder to be jammed in before firing. (60 caps) (90 caps if not selected first)
Makeshift rifle: A strange automatic gun that looks like it was made out of car parts. Despite it's clunky design, it promises unrivaled effectiveness. You personally doubt it. The ammo it fires is 5.56mm (300 caps)(450 caps if not selected first)
Crossbow: A classic weapon, to say the least. This thing will fire an arrow at high speeds using only a wire. The downside being that it takes a bit to wind back. (75 caps)(110 caps if not selected first)
Arbalest: A bigger crossbow. This requires a winch to pull back its string, causing it to take even longer. Still, the damage is absolutely crushing. (125 caps)(190 caps if not selected first)
Pump-action shotgun: A farmer's shotgun that carries seven shells and is pump-action. The firing speed suffers a bit, but the range is considerably better than your sawed-off. Probably does about the same damage, though. 12Gauge. (200 caps)

Crowbar: Just a basic prybar. Useful for getting into places, and it makes for a decent weapon in a pinch (15 caps) (20 caps if not selected first)
Mechanic's tools: A collection of tools used for general repairs. You could use them to more easily fix certain things, maybe...(Improves repair rolls by 15) (100 caps) (140 caps if not selected first)
Gunsmith's toolbox: Everything a man could want to fix up his guns on the go. (80 caps) (110 caps if not selected first)
Super tool kit: An impressive tool set made by "Snap-Off", enhances your repair rolls by 20 and includes everything you'd need for gun maintenance as well! They're hard to match in quality. (170 caps) (240 caps if not selected first)

12 Gauge shells (60 in stock) (4 caps per shell)
5.56mm bullets (600 in stock) (bought in chunks of 30 for 20 caps)
Crossbow bolts: A small sharp piece of metal, made aerodynamic through some plastic fins. Some of them use feathers, but the difference is minor. Remember, this is re-useable (5 caps per bolt)
Arbalest bolts: Bigger bolts, better pain. This is also reuseable (8 caps per big bolt)

Malfunctioning robot.: An old protectron unit that just babbles random words together. Its legs are gone and the connection to anything other than the headlight is gone. It's free for anybody that can fix it up, and considering you now have an available spot in the workshop on top of people willing to help, you have a good shot at fixing this thing up. You could turn it into something useful.

Buy what you want and go get your ghoul. Then you should really head back so the fellas in the quarry don't think you're dead.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 42