Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45176 times)

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #375 on: December 06, 2018, 03:56:22 pm »

"just passing by, maybe looking for a job, but hey, interesting story where this super mutant was? it's dead? I kinda want to test my luck"

(I do think that is not a coincidence, they met our previous raider gang)
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 06, 2018, 05:32:45 pm »

I'm just, uh, looking around. Seeing what's available.
Really? You mean the selection here, or just the town?
Both, I guess. What the name of this shithole, anyway?
We just call it The Dump. If you ask the chief around here, it's Voirie. She doesn't pronounce the R, it's a French sort of word. You wish you knew a little French, considering the prevalence of Cajun in this state. But whatever.
So what else is there in this place?
Well, you could probably tell this is a pretty important artery for the drug trade. Lagniappe is both a supplier and buyer. We have a couple drug labs around here, but Lag gives us the primo shit. If you don't want to get shanked, you can go to the source and buy some jet, buffout or psycho. Mentats and other rare shit is too tough for us to make, so you'll have to visit Mac if you want that shit.
Mac?
He's the owner of the main gang dealing with Lagniappe. So he's got the most primo shit... If you're looking for a job, you can try him. I heard he's having trouble with some dumbfuck killing his men between here and Lag. Although, I've got a job too. 200 caps with whoever the fuck goes for it. Uh, runaway slave, if you want the details now. It's not so much the value as it is the principle of the thing. Interested?

I'll get back to you on that. What else is there around here?
Well, this arena isn't just for show. If we get a volunteer, they can fight some wretches that got caught doing shit they shouldn't. If they make a show of it, they get paid. It's dependant on how many people visit and pay to watch.
Right.Walking back a bit. You said there were gangs?
Oh yeah. I told you about Mac's gang, they're the Bangers. Then you've got my group, we're the Mez... Uh, I think you've got some weapon experts over in the other factory, they're called the Blackfingers... Though I hear they're the guys to talk to on anything that has moving parts and oil. I heard they even got a Highwayman working, one of those old electric cars? Don't know if it's true, though, i mean, wouldn't they just get outta here with one of those? What do yo think, new guy?
...I don't know a lot about cars, lady.
Yeah, I get that. Not a lotta people do. I just stick my nose in nearly everywhere, so I hear things. Anything else you wanna hear?
Yeah. Say, you mentioned a super mutant? Is it dead or whatever? Sounds pretty interesting.
O-hoh, man. yeah! The Crossbones brought him in to sell, but he had the opposite effect when he crushed the competition so roughly. He was a bit too much slave to handle for anybody around here, you know? Man, at one point he just picked a guy up and slammed him around, just straight up broke his femur from the grab alone. It's one hell of a mutant, and clever too. Those gen 1 muties are tricky. Muscles for days, and with how long they've lived, they tend to have the brains to back it up, too! Anyhow, Crossbones just went back to their hideyhole after getting their things in order with the Blackfingers. Took the mutant back with them, too.
Who are the Crossbones?
Pretty serious gang of mercs. I heard they're spread out across Louisiana, and they've got some seeeerious hardware. Hunting shotties, light machine guns, pre-war body armor... I think I saw one of those anti-materiel rifles on one of those guys, too. Nobody really knows what their deal is, but it's clear they're building power for something. Don't ask me more than that, though. They're pretty secretive.
Right... So, that'll just about do it, I think. Better start looking around.
Oh, hey, by the way. I see that you've got a kid with you, I know a couple people that'll pay through the nose to rent out a cutie like that for a moment. She won't be harmed, and it's easy money!

There is a short pause in the conversation as you look at her with disgust. It's a subtle kind of expression, nothing excessive, but the kind of look a parent would give upon discovering their child is selling drugs. Disappointment, mixed with a growing rage that won't be expressed in noise, but sheer tension. 
If what I think is happening. Is happening. you say, in that very same tense sort of tone that could make a deathclaw shrivel up.
It better not be.
Oh. I have made a mistake. Well, whatever. I'm not gonna apologise. You know where to find me when you want the caps. That job's still open. She walks back to the cage and leans against it. She soon nods off, and that leaves you free to check out whatever place seems relevant to your interests.

She just mentioned all the gangs, and guessing from how much of a shitheap this town is, it's likely the only thing available in goods or places to start a rivalry in. Where do you go first?

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: the high is over, but you're not shaking quite yet.

EXP 'till next Level-up: 510/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (200XP: Rescued Tenderloin!)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2019, 04:34:28 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: December 07, 2018, 07:32:20 am »

Lets go and talk to the Blackfingers, and see if they have any interesting things to trade.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Taberone

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 07, 2018, 06:36:52 pm »

Lets go and talk to the Blackfingers, and see if they have any interesting things to trade.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 08, 2018, 07:36:33 pm »

Keep close. We're going to those blackfingers, first.
Do we have to?I wanna go, this city sucks.
Yeah, it sort of does, but we'll be able to use this place to our advantage. If nothing else, we can get supplies from here, especially if those blackfingers have something useful.
But I wanna go! They already wanted to hurt us, let's just go! She continues whining, but stays close. You move a little faster to get it over with, though the factories are a bit more safe than the dump. Apart from a few scowls and leers (far too many of them pointed at your ten-year-old companion. This place needs a spot of arson, you think.)
It's like night and day when you enter the Blackfinger's territory. For one, they managed to create actual walls to mark their territory. Seemingly made up of scrap, sure, but it's all welded together to form a structure, rather than a wooden skeleton with plates just haphazardly placed everywhere. The plating may be discoloured, clearly aqcuired from all manner of metal, but it's a solid thing. The people manning the walls are wielding strange weapons. They look like spear guns, or possibly harpoons, but they look to be fired using the usual gun triggers. You can't quite figure out how those things work from sight alone, though you THINK you should be able to. Repair: 35/40
The gate is open, also working with a proper system rather than being man-powered. A generator stands to the side of it, and it's a bit thicker than the rest of the wall. They can likely drop it at a moment's notice. Hefty security, but they let you walk right on in.

The place is so contrary to the rest of The Dump that it feels like you stepped into a different place entirely. Everybody looks busy on something, plenty of them using real tools instead of repurposed scrap. Some people are even making new chunks of wall using welding equipment. You haven't seen that around a whole lot. It doesn't take long to see why they call themselves Blackfingers, most of them are covered in smears of oil. You also see a absolute shitload of engines around. Not the exploding nuclear ones, mind you, but the absolutely ancient combustion engines. You only know of them because of a few articles in the magazines you skimmed. Some Luddites also used them shortly before the war, though you don't know for what purpose... Or what a "Luddite" actually is.
Point is, these things work off of gasoline, which mostly sees use as a way to set things on fire these days. The stuff was getting pretty lean in the days leading up to the war...
Whatever. The point is, these engines are really old. So it's weird to see so many of them hanging from chains, some f them being worked on by positively rapturous Blackfingers. Some of them look horribly mutated, too. Seems the Blackfingers take anybody, even people who must have spent their life in low radiation zones. At least they didn't turn ghoul. Eventually, one of the guards (who has one eye that seemingly never grew. Where an eyesocket would be is only a pale patch of flesh) asks what you are looking for. HE directed you to the leader, Chevrolet.
It'd be an understatement to say the man is a fan of dramatics. He sits on a throne that forces people to look up at him to talk, suspended in the air by chains. Chevrolet himself looks rather hideous, a massive growth of flesh sits upon his shoulders, giving him the appearance of man who's head is lower than his chest. Still, his arms look powerful and incredibly long. When he sees you, he pulls a lever on his chair. You hear a generator buzz as he begins greeting you, his chair slowly descending.

WELCOME, Brother pilgrim! Have you come to look upon our work!? I saw your eyes dance across our opus, our own tests and proof to the gods of Combustion.
He jumps off his chair, letting gravity do the last few meters. He doesn't seem to land well, instantly turning his drop into a roll. He seems none the worse for wear, though, and he looks your straight in the eye, after that.
Most look upon our machines with scorn, confusion, heretical feelings... But you! You saw the spark, yes? The power that may lie within?
I have no idea what you are talking about. you say, reeling back a bit from the man's breath. It smells like something curled up and died in it.
In time, you may. You may. Have you come for tools? Weapons? We have many things for sale.
Uh, what's the offers?
We create all our weaponry ourselves. Our tools too, where we can... If you need caps, we have a job for a man like you. And your small one, your mini deluxe.
If this is going to be creepy I swear to god I'm grabbing my shotgun.
We know of a forge. A real forge! It's deep within the collapsed factory. We dig and dig and dig, but, alas! Our hands bleed, our tools break, our weapons not enough for the ravenous horde that lies within! But you two! Your little one can go where others cannot, you can brave what horrors she cannot. Together, you can bring us the tool of creation! Free the way, become a saint to all Blackfingers! Or do you wish to move on, continue pilgrimage to places unknown, unimportant? Or seek you knowledge?
How about you show me what you have for sale before we move on?
Chevrolet cackles. It's a strange, wheezing sort of laugh. Blitz recoils from the sudden increase of Chevrolet's odor, but then he guides you to a curtain. Behind the curtain is a collection of all manner of knick-knacks, quite a few of them looking useful... However, they do point out that you will only get the "outsider prices". Seems they work off favors, here...

Spear-gun: Made up of scrap, these things use compressed air to launch a foot-long spear with a broad tip at high speeds. It's all man--powered, though, and you'll need to pump up the air pressure manually using a pump at the front. It takes a large amount of pumps to get it to a properly lethal rate, and you need quite a bit of strength to keep the pressure going. STR requirement: 7. However, the harpoon is reusable. (220 caps)
Ramrod Rifle: A combustion version of the spear gun, this modernized flintlock fires the sharpened ramrod into opponents. It's effective range is diminished, but the damage is much higher at close range. Requires gunpowder to be jammed in before firing. (170 caps)
Makeshift rifle: A strange automatic gun that looks like it was made out of car parts. Despite it's clunky design, it promises unrivaled effectiveness. You personally doubt it. (800 caps)
Crossbow: A classic weapon, to say the least. This thing will fire an arrow at high speeds using only a wire. The downside being that it takes a bit to wind back. (150 caps)
Arbalest: A bigger crossbow. This requires a winch to pull back its string, causing it to take even longer. Still, the damage is absolutely crushing. (250 caps)

Crowbar: Just a basic prybar. Useful for getting into places, and it makes for a decent weapon in a pinch (50 caps)
Mechanic's tools: A collection of tools used for general repairs. You could use them to more easily fix certain things, maybe...(Improves repair rolls by 15) (400 caps)
Gunsmith's toolbox: Everything a man could want to fix up his guns on the go. (600 caps)

Malfunctioning robot.: An old protectron unit that just babbles random words together. Its legs are gone and the connection to anything other than the headlight is gone. It's free for anybody that can fix it up, though that is FAR beyond your ability.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

EXP 'till next Level-up: 510/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (200XP: Rescued Tenderloin!)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2018, 04:58:38 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 09, 2018, 04:31:15 am »

I say we should get his job, and that we are doing something before we get it (mentats maybe?)

But ask two things, first if there is hate or something between the gangs, because we don't want to get in trouble if we say that we liked the wonderfull work of the blackfingers although we see clearly that there is a price for outsiders (yes, INCLUDE this mix of flatter and hint of "we know that this price is too much we aren't retards")

second if they also have acess to books or some pré-war magazines about their deed, if they can sell, rent, or share with those who want to know this work or if it is only for the worthy
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 09, 2018, 06:02:07 am »

I say we should get his job, and that we are doing something before we get it (mentats maybe?)

But ask two things, first if there is hate or something between the gangs, because we don't want to get in trouble if we say that we liked the wonderfull work of the blackfingers although we see clearly that there is a price for outsiders (yes, INCLUDE this mix of flatter and hint of "we know that this price is too much we aren't retards")

second if they also have acess to books or some pré-war magazines about their deed, if they can sell, rent, or share with those who want to know this work or if it is only for the worthy

+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 10, 2018, 05:04:05 pm »

...Can't help but notice the outsider prices are a tad high. Tell me, is there a problem with the other gangs here?
The malformed man scoffs at the mention.
Heathens! All of them. Too lost in the drink or the vial to see the glory ones own hands can bring. The walls waste valuable material that could be used on our divine purpose! But, the Gods see purpose for all, not a single moving part is without purpose! Those untalented, those of the broken hand... They serve the great Combustions, still! They guard us, and so they will join us into the great highway to beyond!
Can you answer a question without launching into a sermon? I don't mind or anything, it's pretty great.
Sometimes I do. Chevrolet smirks at you, which doesn't look quite as cocky when one's face looks like it was twisted 20 degrees.
Great. So, there's no love lost between you all... Is that why the outsider prices are so high?
Yes! If they will not serve the movement, they will serve as fodder. Bumps on the road of salvation... But alas, the broken hand cannot hope to defeat all those heathens. We can only hope they leave us alone. A combined effort would destroy us all, and leave the roads empty and desolate forever!
That would be bad.
A catasopfy! Blitz yells, getting into the spirit of things
"Catastrophy", child. And yes, it would be.
Right, well... I like you, I think, so how about you tell me a little more about that job of yours?
You will do it! Oh Joyous day! Please, visit brother Hephaestus in the workshop. He will tell you more of our plight.
...Neat. Say, one more question, do you have any books?
The holy books are not for outsiders, even willing pilgrims, to know of. You may watch a sermon, if you so desire, but that will only occur tomorrow at 9.
You've got a clock in here?
The work of one of our finest brothers. A true wizard with clockwork mechanisms, but alas, he lost himself to the vile chemicals that plague this city. He drifts through the city, now. Directionless as all the other curs.
...Right. I'll go see brother, uh... hef-something.

Chevrolet does not correct you, and climbs back into his throne. He lifts himself up again, and switches position to go take a nap. Seems he's a bit tuckered out from the dramatics. Finding the workshop wasn't hard, as you walked through it on the way here. The place with all the hanging engines. Hephaestus is a truly hulking man wearing a workman's overalls covered head to toe in oil and soot. The smell is hard to describe, other than "pungent". He always keeps his welding mask down, too, making his already guttural voice a bit warbled. It takes a few tries, but you eventually catch on to what's happening.
There's a "newer" factory (pre-war it was newer than the rest) that collapsed completely. Some "things" got together and started building a city in there. They're a strange bunch, hardly even human. They dig down and down, searching for any scrap they can find and living off whatever vermin lives there. They don't speak any kind of language people recognize here, even their blood isn't fully red. It's black and viscous, like oil. Other than that, they wear bandages and are afraid of the sun. And they're vicious, like stealing children and don't have guns. Right.
The main thing you'd need to do is open up the gates and clear some of the way. They've somehow rigged up a ton of gates, but the only way through is using some tunnels that only children can crawl through without injury. How the things do it is a mystery. They sent in some other people, but nobody ever managed to get far. You need to find a way to lock the gates up or destroy them, or else they close them again behind you. Carrying the forge out of there isn't going to be easy, so if you can just open up the way to the damned thing you'll be rewarded.
They have no further intel on the factory, as they switch up the design in there every so often...

How do you want to tackle this?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

« Last Edit: December 10, 2018, 05:06:48 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 11, 2018, 06:55:26 am »

Looks like we might need to go and get a few of our crew members to help us do this, probably only two or three of them at the most, just ask which ones want to help and bring them back.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 12, 2018, 04:01:12 pm »

I was about to say that I am against going back to call them, but we have a demolition expert that might like it, call him

Also we want someone to deal with the mac, We don't know if they know it's us who is disrupting him

Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 13, 2018, 04:07:51 pm »

Delays delays delays, everything's delayed.
Back to normal on friday (i hope)
Neat stuff I do:

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 14, 2018, 05:53:27 pm »

So that's about the short of it. We get this done, we're going to be all the richer for it. Not to mention, we get a foothold in that town so we can start fucking with the main supplier to Lagniappe.
Seems like a small step, for now. But we're getting paid, yes?
That, and we get much better prices with the blackfingers. They have some primo equipment there, and they have a grudge against the rest of the city. Not to mention a strong defensive position.
...Yeah, I can see the value in it. But we'll need to use Blitz?
Uh, seems dangerous. Didn't they say that they like to steal kids?
Blitz can take care of herself, and she only needs to crawl through the occasional hole to open up a gate. I figure she can handle that just fine. Besides, they don't have guns.
And yet, the gun-owning people of that town can't take them down?
Hehehe... Some fire will get those rats outta their holes, I bet. Crackle suddenly speaks. It occurs to you that you barely ever heard this guy speak. Pretty sure this is the first time he even spoke to you, actually;
Yes, well, you were the guy I was hoping would come along the most. Not only is fire a good idea, you know your way around some demolition, right?
Not really. I can mix up some things that go boom, sure, but don't ask me to demolish a building.
Explosives to remove gates is probably more a supply problem than a real expertise problem. Can't blow up with whatever crap you've got lying around. Still, I'd suggest bringing a crowbar, to jam or break a couple of things.
Right... The blackfingers had one in the shop, I think.
No need. I like setting mine on fire, but that doesn't mean it won't pry things. And sometimes old Lucy needs a little time to get to work again.
He means his flamethrower.
Mmmm... He softly strokes the gas tank on his back. You elect not to comment on it.
Right, I think two or three people should be about right.
R-Right for what? You suddenly hear behind you. Well, look who's awake.

Tenderloin! Blitz yells, as she jumps towards her. Not going in for a hug though. This place is kind of hug-limited. Still, it's endearing to see Blitz excited about seeing the most senior companion walking around again.
I don't think you aught to be moving already, miss.
Well go f-fuh... fuck yourself. . Tenderloin wheezes out. She's not sounding good, but at least she's walking.
I'm sorry. I f-feel like... Fucking shit, really. She plops down on the ashen floor, looking ready to pass out, but instead she elects to just kind of stare at the ground while she talks, taking the time to take shallow breaths.
S-so what are you... What are you talking about?
We're going to the Dump for a job, cleaning out an old factory so some cult with fancy shit would like us-slash-pay us.
Whoah, whoah... THE old f-factory? That place is bad... Bad shit, chief. The Buzzards don't go d-down easy... Gotta make sure and all. D-dismember 'em. They're tough m-motherf... motherf. Gah, you get it... She nearly topples over, sounding almost breathless. Nubsy is finally done gawking and prods you as he steps forward.
You're gonna hurt yourself if you keep out here. Lets get you back to bed so you can rest. Diaz, help me out with her, would you? We gotta be careful.
Tenderloin doesn't struggle as you and Nubsy bring her back to the comfiest sleeping spot in the camp. She seems really out of it, and when you put her down she falls asleep damn near instantly.
Don't know what possessed her to come out and find us in that condition. Guess she wanted us to know she's awake.
Could be hunting for drugs, really. She just slept for a day or so, the immediate highs are out of her system. A functional addict is still an addict.
We'll keep her cold turkey, chief. Uh, on that note, I'm not coming with you on that outing. Somebody has to keep watch out here, if just for Tenderloin's sake. I'd say you bring Crackle and Rotface.
The ghoul? Really... You ask with disgust.
He's just like you and me, y'know... Besides, he's pretty good with that automatic of his.
...We'll see. I'll just have to consider what we've got.

Select who will help you on this journey. Everybody agrees, but keep in mind that they take a portion of loot. The more people you bring, the lower your share. But you will always get the full benefit of friendship, so don't be afraid to get some friends in there.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 15, 2018, 06:11:13 am »

I say we take Crackle and Rotface.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 16, 2018, 06:01:10 pm »

Crackle, Rotface, come with me. I figure we'll need crowd control. And Rotface, just ahead of time? Don't EAT anything in there.
...I'm starting to think you don't understand ghouls all the way.
Shut the fuck up and lets get moving.
Hey, leave off Rotface. Don't be a dick to him, he's gonna be watching your back.
And I'm going to be real with you, Crackle isn't a very good team player in combat. So leave off the hate for a while.
You guys don't seem to hold back whenever they mess with the ghoul. So why is it a problem now?
It's the way you say it. You really don't like ghouls, and you know what? Fine, your choice. But you can't rely on somebody and still say shit like that.
Like kicking a guy in a wheelchair, y'know?
Are you the guy in the wheelchair here?
Kinda. I mean, ghoulification wasn't exactly fun, y'know?
Whatever. Let's just get going, right?

You call out for Blitz to stop messing about and to follow you and your group. She's been talking to the rest, got her gun reloaded, all good stuff to get done. The walk back to the town was mostly uneventful. You noticed a pack of feral dogs coming close, but they decided against attacking you after looking at the size of your group. That, or the fact that Crackle elected to launch a burst of flame at them. Way too far away for it to be dangerous, mind you, but it's enough to scare off some dogs.
Let's hope it remains that useful.
The walk through town is a lot less annoying than the first time. Turns out a big guy with a flamethrower and a ghoul with an automatic weapon is kind of a deterrent against idiots that would like to rob people. At any rate, you reach the Blackfingers pretty fast, and they look pretty happy about the people you introduced. Some of the people got very excited about Crackle's flamethrower, too. They REALLY like home-made weaponry like this. They even handed him a fresh tank of gas and looked over his tubing (with duct tape...).
Not much else to do, and you are escorted to the old factory. The guy that brought you was clearly not super jazzed about it, and was quick to sprint off when you arrive there.

The factory itself is clearly collapsed, for the most part. The only sign that this used to be a factory is the presence of some crumbling walls and a massive twin smokestack in the middle of the massive scrap pile that's inside. While the walls are crumbling or even gone, it's very hard to get in anywhere. The things inside have been uilding and looting for far longer than anything in the rest of this crappy town, and you honestly suspect the scrapyard used to be three times as large guessing from the concentration of sharp bits, car parts and the occasional (broken) spotlight. There's signs of battle, as well. Soem corpses lying around, looted down to just their underwear. Strangely, their guns were left behind, though they were broken into uselessness.
I don't like this place.
If it was likeable, we wouldn't get paid. Let's get going.

Between two mountains of metal scrap and rusty spikes, you enter the Buzzard's lair. You hear a faint roaring in the distance, and the slight bit of movement on the scrapheap. The mountains of scrap are clearly built to disallow climbing up, there are hundreds of sharp metal spikes aimed downward to makes climbing up impossible. But there's a clear path forward, apart from some tough footing. Sometimes you need to step through a smattering of scrap and bones, but nothing is popping out quite yet. The sun still reaches in here, but the scrap piles are only getting larger, and you're not far from the semi-intact roof of the factory. Soon, this place will be far darker.
Then, you reach your first hurdle. A chainlink gate, about 11 feet (3,4 meters) tall, with a clear mechanism on the other side. Just pulling a lever should raise it, guessing from the still active generator. You doubt one of the inhabitants is about to appear and try to help you, so...
I found it! There's a tunnel here! Blitz suddenly yells. Your party heads over to where she points, and sure enough, there's a small tunnel. Blitz is the only one that can fit, and it's hard to see anything in there... Still, looking at where the tunnel is, it's just a straight shot to the other side of the gate. There's no other obvious way forward...

How do you want to play this. The creatures still haven't come appeared...

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2018, 06:30:20 am »

Don't send Blitz through the hole, because a chainlink gate is easy to get past as it usually set up with a frame with the chainlink stretched in the middle in and held on by two metal bars that are held on to the frame by small clips, so we really only need Crackle to use the crowbar pry the metal bars until the clips break and we should be able to pass through.

Also the height doesn't matter for what I'm saying as all the clips are important because they keep the chainlink taut and if some break the chainlink will become lose.

TL;DR: Have Crackle use the crowbar to pry the gate apart.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 42