Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42

Author Topic: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana  (Read 45177 times)

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
  • Flesh smoothies, fresh from the tap
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Raiders of Louisiana
« Reply #345 on: November 08, 2018, 06:41:41 pm »

Shit... Alright, let's take this slow. you whisper, holding the rest of the party back as you start sneaking. You may be shaking, but you can sneak without your hands. It takes a little skill to walk silently as you do, and you're not exactly perfect at it, you're good enough for the feral to not hear you. As you get closer, you hear that the creature's making noises. Not the typical grunting or gurgling noises ferals tend to make, but something clearly less guttural. As you get used to the darkness of the cave, you also realize what the ghoul is wearing: the tattered remains of a sundress with little flowers on them. This used to be a woman? It looks so emaciated that it's hard to tell, and the bald (well, it has hairs. Here and there...) head doesn't help matters. Now, the way this ghoul seems to remind you of her lost humanity isn't quite the scary part. That's always an undercurrent with ghouls, it's a part of why you hate them so much. It's just that the ghoul's noises aren't gutteral. It's humming. A little nursery rhyme, though you don't recognize it. You're close enough to see that the ghoul is cradling Nubsy very closely, holding him to its chest. softly, it rocks a little, and Nubsy not even waking up from the thing on him. Hands shaking, you pull out your .357 and aim at the thing's head. At the angle you're at, even with your shakes you shouldn't be hitting Nubsy. Then, having gotten close enough, you take a deep break and stand up straight.
You don't want to do this, but you need to get that thing off Nubsy.

Oi! W-what are you doing?
The ghoul stops it's humming and turns to you. Her eyes reflect the light perfectly, making her appear more as the monster she truly is. Her lips have rotten away, her teeth on full display, what remains of them. Splintered and uneven, they look more like nails haphazardly hammered in a jaw. Her eyes are small, seemingly shrivelled in her sockets, and the flesh on her fingers is partially one, leaving one hand as sharpened bone. This thing has been around for a long damn while. It drops Nubsy with all the care in the world, and then slowly begins to right itself as a growl begins to bubble in her throat. That horrible gurgling scream that all ghouls do when they spot new prey. It rears its head back, and you place your shaking hand over the hammer of your revolver.
Don't try it, freak. you say, keeping your eyes locked on the ghoul's. It's mouth goes open, some saliva dripping off. She tilts her head to side, and takes a step closer. Your fingers twitch (a slight change from the shaking, honest!) and you only barely resist shooting her. Slowly, the thing's arms go down as it drops its high-alert sort of fase. No longer about to rip off your face and wear it as a hat, at least.
It manages to mumble something, despite the lack of lips. "Huskant"? What does that even mea-
Ah.
The mentats give you just enough of a boost for you to translate it to "Husband". This thing is completely gone, no hope of getting anything out of it. Best if you finished it off, but on the other hand... It hasn't attacked you after only a sentence and a solid stare.But guessing from the sharp hand and teeth, you're not in a good position if she was to forget about the truce. Not to mention, it IS still dangerous. It twitches around for a while, hugging itself tightly for a moment as it gurgles more random words. Or maybe they're names.

Ater a while, you decide to do the right thing. Even with the shaking, it's not hard to line up a shot with a non-moving target at 6 feet distance. You briefly consider using your shotgun, but you don't want to hit Nubsy or yourself on a bad ricochet.Taking a deep breath, and breathing out, you take the shot.
Dead-on. Straight in the jaw, causing it to crack off and splinter entirely. The bullet continues, and takes out the spinal cord in the neck,  causing the ghoul to drop to the ground, without even a final twitch. She died soundless. The gunshot wakes Nubsy up, and he sees you standing there rather dramatically. And then notices the dead ghoul in front of him.
Uhhh, shit. Heya, Chief. Looks like I dozed off, heh.
You just got very, very lucky. Pack what's left in this cave, we're moving to the quarry.

The return home was thankfully uneventful, and the rest of the party was happy to explain to Nubsy how he was getting babied by a feral. he went pale as a ghost when he heard how close he was to an impromptu teeth-assisted rhinoplasty. After a long journey, and more shaking, you finally arrive at the quarry. People are really tired at this point, so most of them follow Blitz example of finding a hidey-hole to sleep for a time.

It's just up to you to decide who, if anybody keeps watch. And maybe also consider what you'll be doing tomorrow.

Statistics and inventory.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: You're shaking like a reed, you have a killer headache

EXP 'till next Level-up: 245/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP)

As pointed out by somebody, the shield was dropped in town and I forgot to update the inventory all this time. I am a fool.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2018, 03:41:35 am by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: November 09, 2018, 07:20:58 am »

Have Nubsy stand watch and we should do more work barricading the quarry and that building that we found on site.

Also didn't we have the big shield when we got ambushed in the town and have to leave it behind?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Doubloon-Seven

• Bay Watcher
  • You fool. You absolute buffoon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: November 09, 2018, 09:12:09 pm »

Have Nubsy stand watch and we should do more work barricading the quarry and that building that we found on site.

Also didn't we have the big shield when we got ambushed in the town and have to leave it behind?
+1

Avanti!

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: November 10, 2018, 12:33:10 pm »

Let's make our insider work for bartholomew if we have the money and someone has an recorder buy it, when bartholomew tries to screw sodom again we will have proof
Competent reader (any know lenguage)
Novice english wordsmith
Dabbling english speaker (rusty)
He is short, with a small and failed beard
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: November 10, 2018, 06:46:32 pm »

Nubsy, having slept a little already, was an easy choice as to who should keep watch. After the close encounter with the ghoul, he's unlikely to fall asleep again. Or sleep at all, if it was you. A corpse like that trying to hum a lullaby isn't exactly something that brings sweet dreams. You decide to sleep in the little building you found, after barricading it up a little bit. You found a few old planks to block the door handle with, though the window (actually just a hole. The glass is long gone.) is still kind of a weak point. Well, you've a desk to sleep under, and it's a tad warmer than outside. You find it a bit rough to sleep in, but any wastelander worth his salt can sleep anywhere. And after the walking you had to do, you're grateful for it. Sleep comes easy.
When you wake, the sun is already fairly high. You must have slept in. You kick the door-locking plank aside and look around the quarry. You find your party just kind of faffing about, playing little games. When they see you, they don't do more than nod in your direction. They recognize you as a person, at least. Well, whatever, time to get to work.
It took a little doing for them to start barricading the quarry up a little more. Some food helped, at least. After an hour or so of work, the quarry is officially blocked off. Or, at least, is really annoying to get through. People even started building up some cover along the sides, to create a real killzone in the middle.
With this being one of the main roads into town, and the main road to the closest one, you'll be seeing a bit of traffic, you expect.

Speak of the devil...
Group coming in! From the other town! You yell. Feeling an increasingly annoying headache coming on, you elect to stay close. Anything that isn't a shotgun isn't going hit jack with how your shakes are, and the anticipation of a fight is starting to get your head pounding. You need that fucking steady already!

You couldn't get a good look at the group. You could ask for a call-out, but that might reveal your ambush ahead of time. You think you saw about five people, but that's all you saw. Fighting them or leaving it. Your choice.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: GIVE ME THE GOD-DAMN STEADY ALREADY

EXP 'till next Level-up: 245/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP)
Neat stuff I do:
A suggestion game about a drider that does a lot of stuff. I think it's kinda neat.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: November 11, 2018, 06:19:49 am »

I say we take the steady, and wait for the group to get in to the kill zone and take 'em out.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: November 11, 2018, 02:14:14 pm »

I say we take the steady, and wait for the group to get in to the kill zone and take 'em out.
Novice english wordsmith
He likes wood, spears, ducks for their nobility, and rabbits for their weak hearts and funny reproduction rate.
he has a hard time to focus, and values, err almost everything, he dreams of mastering a skill.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: November 12, 2018, 10:29:35 am »

Due to personal circumstances, updates will be postponed until Saturday. I'm sorry, but the thing taking up my time is really important.
Neat stuff I do:

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: November 16, 2018, 07:32:29 pm »

Finally, you take out the steady that was bought from the store. God, why did you wait for so long!? You place the tube in your mouth and inhale deeply. All at once, your shaking stops, your vision clears and you feel far better prepared for what comes. Spinning your revolver, you grin and make the motion for people to get ready. You're at the front again, but if you move they might just spot you. Best if you just made the first move. The rocks should grant a blind spot for you to slink away in if they're closer. You see everybody get into position, the sun shining down on the quarry. As it's noon, there are few shadows to worry about, and the increasingly cloudy day makes that less and less of a factor. When the party gets closer, you hear what they're saying.

I'm just saying, Lance, something looks off about the quarry today.
Yeah, I think you're right... But we gotta get to Lag, and I'm not walking around because of some fucked scenery. If they do try something, I got my new piece, yeah?
A good gun isn't going to stop a sniper.
Oh shut up, you're just envious.
They're right around the corner. You turn around the rock to stay out of sight, just barely managing to avoid being seen. (Sneak roll/luck roll). Getting a closer look at these people, they look like they belong to the same group as the drug dealers you dealt with the first time you came here. They're got similar clothing, and one of them is carrying another box in the same style as the one you stole. A re-purposed cabinet, if you had to make a guess. Most people just dump those things in a sack, so those boxes are a good sign.
Isn't this where the last team died?
By some outsider or whatever. I heard they chased him outta town and killed him.
Really now? Then why aren't we dealing HERE instead of having us go all the way to town?
Paranoid, I guess. Maybe they're they're afraid it's trapped? Don't worry, though, I got the eyes of a cazador.
The hell is a cazador?
It's this bigass bug in Nevada. Could spot a tick from a mile away, and their stings could rot your insides before you realized you  had an accident.
Alright. Still, something feels bad. I mean, it's the perfect spot for-
The man doesn't even get to finish his sentence as a sudden shot echoes through the quarry and part of his head explodes. Brain matter and a fine bloody mist flies against a boulder as you come from behind your cover. With the steady available and your V.A.T.S. ready for use, you fire off two shots of your revolver. You proceed to also hit two people, one of which was the other guy that was talking, guessing from his plasma pistol. The first guy you shot dropped like a rock, yelling in pain, but the plasma pistol guy takes the hit to the shoulder like a champ and starts blasting his pistol wildly. The pistol isn't very accurate, and the projectiles (while far, FAR more dangerous) are thankfully slower than bullets. You manage to reach cover in time, though a small part of said cover is covered in plasma goo. Or converted into it, you're not sure how that works.

FUCK! EVERYBODY SPREAD OUT AND FIND SOME GOD-DAMN COVER! AL, STOP FUCKING WHINING! The plasma guy screams, co-ordinating his band of idiots. Guessing from the grunt of effort, he's also heaving the guy you shot into cover. He's tougher than he looks if he can do that with a bullet in the shoulder. You hear another guy yelp, and then yell out: STEVE'S DEAD, THEY'VE GOT ALL-OH FUCK! You hear a louder gunshot go off, followed by a yell from Tenderloin. She's down here too, then? You hear the screaming guy, well, scream though, which quickly dissolves into choking noises. Seems like Tenderloin finished the job. After a few more moments, the shooting stops all at once.
That soon?
ARE WE CLEAR!?
After a pregnant pause, you hear Ellis yell from the ridge. Most of the people were up there, so communication isn't the easiest at the moment. You'll all nurse the sore throat later.
ALL BUT ONE LOOK DEAD FROM HERE! TENDERLOIN'S BEEN HIT, THOUGH.
C-CHIEF!? G-Get over here. you hear tenderloin attempt to yell. Her voice kind of gave out half-way through. Still, she was close enough for you to find her. You find her kneeling on the ground, with her machete against the throat of the guy that got dragged away by the plasma gun user. The owner of said plasma gun has a massive lacerating cut across the neck, but most of the blood is leaking in his jacket. Stabbed in the heart? Whisper is already looting him, so you figure she did that part. Fella didn't even yell...
Tenderloin looks really bad, though. She's covered in a substantial amount of blood, and she's holding one arm over her chest. She's grimacing in pain, and breathing heavy H-heya chief. D'ya mind looking after this g-guy. I think I'm... Gonna...
She falls over without any more words. Unconscious.
Oh shit.
S-shit man! I-I didn't shoot her. C-come on! You got me once, I-I swear! You don't have to kill me!
Sure I don't. You sneer at him, pointing your revolver at his head. Just a little while later, the rest of the people get down. Nubsy is the first to rush to Tenderloin.
Ah, man. Looks like Tenderloin got hit with a shotgun. SOMEBODY FIND WHAT KIND?
Without a word spokes, somebody throws the double-barreled shotgun from one of the dead men nearby, too busy scavenging to even answer. You've half a mind to check who it is so you can keep them on the shitlist. That's just disrespectful to both you, Tenderloin and the gun that was thrown. You instead elect to inspect the gun. A Joceline O/U 12G, good model. the over-under design makes it more accurate, less spread. It's a powerful piece of equipment, it's a miracle Tenderloin's chest wasn't just blasted open like a bloatfly against a sledgehammer. Still, she looks BAD
Twelve-gauge. A Joceline.
I don't know that weapon, but I do know twelve-gauge is bad fucking news... She's losing a shitload of blood, who's got bandages!?
We don't HAVE any bandages! We've got some tarp, but that's it.
Damn it. That material's worthless, it won't absorb the blood... Start stripping the corpses, we'll make do with cloth. The less leather the better!
Nubsy rapidly begins to undress Tenderloin, blushing as he does. You don't really see why, as you tear the shirt off the guy begging for his life. You take his weapon away and tell Whisper to take care of him, if she's too fucking busy to help. She and the new prisoner walk away together, Whisper using her blade to guide the man.

You do what you can to help out, and even do the bandaging as Nubsy doesn't want to touch Tenderloin's breasts without her express permission for some reason? Who cares? everybody has a chest....
Most of the buckshot went in her upper chest, and Nubsy suspects that her right lung is peppered with buckshot. Bandaging it up like this will slow the bleeding, but she's going to need a real doctor if she's going to survive.
Damn it all...

You need to get a doctor from somewhere, one with proper tools. You know at least one doctor, even if he IS high as a fucking kite most of the time, but he's right in the lair of the beast. You'd have to sneak Tenderloin into the city if you want the doc to use his tools. If you bring the doctor here, you'd need to make sure he has ALL his equipment to operate on Tenderloin.
Tenderloin is going to die very quick, you don't have long. If only you had a stimpak...

Looting is being done by the rest of the party. You're a bit too distracted to check up on them...

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Sated and ready for action!

EXP 'till next Level-up: 305/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP)

We're back.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2018, 03:30:06 pm by Liquefied Spleens »
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: November 17, 2018, 08:50:59 am »

Try to sneak her into town to get her patched up, then after the doctor's finished try to convince him to come back with us and work for us, just leave Diaz, blitz and some of the other at the base while they're gone.

omada

• Bay Watcher
  • Let's quack to death
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: November 19, 2018, 03:16:14 pm »

kick that box open to see if there is a stimpack first
Novice english wordsmith

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: November 20, 2018, 06:10:03 pm »

You open the box that Tenderloin was keeping a hold on, hoping to find something useful to keep her going. The box is just about empty though, just a load of empty jet inhalers. She's used it all!? You know some "Pilots" can go through a stash like that far faster, but this still is at a speed that's a problem. With a shot lung, that isn't going to combine well. Tenderloin coughs up blood as you look through it, and you elect that you're going to need to get her into town. That doctor seemed like a decent guy, if under the thumb of Sodom. Might even join you, but first you'll need to get Tenderloin some help. At Ellis' behest, you only take a small team with you, in case somebody recognizes her. Tenderloin and you are wanted men, and the town is hard to sneak up on. You'll need Whisper to confirm that there's an open space to enter the town. You'll need Nubsy to help keep Tenderloin stable, and at least one other man to switch off Tenderloin. You don't have a good way to carry her around, so a fireman's carry is the best way to do it. Shakey was willing to take it up. But the question was if you're going to be joining the party as well.
If you leave Tenderloin entirely up to your party, you can't know if she makes it. Not to mention, you already know that they won't be able to convince the doctor. Those are issues in and of themselves, but there's also the matter of transport. You feel as though you and Shakey are the only ones that could carry Tenderloin for long periods of time. Whisper doesn't look like she'd be able to walk with Tenderloin on her back, and most of the others don't look quite solid enough. Ellis is a tough guy, sure, but he's not that strong. He's built for guns. Rotface, as a ghoul, can't be trusted. Nubsy is going to keep Tenderloin steady...
You're coming with, even if you won't join them in town. They can do the last few bits themselves.

You take the first carry, though Nubsy helps you getting her comfortable over your shoulders. You can't start a normal fireman's carry by pulling her arm, considering the buckshot. Still, once she's in position it's likely the best way you'll be able to get her there over the distance. With Nubsy, Whisper and Shakey with you, the trek to Lagniappe begins. Whisper is already trying to figure out the approach, and notes that it's a good thing that the doctor isn't in the middle of own. He's on one of the main roads, not too far from the water pump. While the doctor works, Whisper will see what she can do to get some water, too. Get some use out of those bottles. On that note, your companions are relieving you of most of your gear, for now. You keep the guns, of course, but you need as little weight as possible, moving forward. Even if you can handle it, more weight means more swaying. Tenderloin is stable for now, fleetingly, but you're feeling leakage on your shoulder. The bleeding isn't quite stopping, and her breathing is haggard, occasionally mixing with a moan. She's still unconscious, according to Nubsy she's unlikely to wake with the bloodloss and reduced breathing. Or, if she's awake, she won't be able to express herself all that well. You elect to take a bit more effort into the carry, and enter a small jog. Before long, you're puffing like an asthmatic Yao Guai, and Shakey switches up with you. He continues your running, and you only barely manage not to fall behind. Shakey's a good deal stronger than you, so he's not quite as encumbered. In fact, you don't even need to make the switch again before you see Lagniappe.
Whisper runs forward at a surprising speed, and finds a good spot where she isn't in immeadiate sight of a guard. Waiting for a hole in the patrols was agonizing, as Tenderloin's breathing is only worsening. She's sweating and shaking, her mouth hanging open. She looks like a corpse already...

When Whisper raises her hand, the group all but sprints into town, now carrying Tenderloin in a way that there is zero pressure on her chest. She's so pale...
You didn't even notice you shouldn't be this far into town, but you can still make your way out easily enough. You find the doctor's house, and Whisper makes quick work of the locked door in the back. She's pretty decent with a bobby pin. Carrying her inside, you make your way to the front. The doctor is just napping in his chair, a halfway drained bottle of beer in front of him. You don't see anything else, so maybe you're lucky in that he isn't too shitfaced to help. You roughly shake him on the shoulder as Nubsy and Shakey lay Tenderloin down on the operation table.

What in the goddamn!?
Shut the HELL up. My friend, she's shot. She needs help.
D-did you assholes break into the back?
FOCUS! She's fucking dying!
I... Oh, alright. Damn it...
He quickly gets out of his chair, grumbling all the while. Guessing from his grumpier demeanour, he's probably as sober as you'll get him. Thank God.
God-damn it. Buckshot? This is gonna take a while. How long ago was she shot?
About an hour. We carried her here.
An hour!? Shit, it's a miracle she's still going. Tougher than she looks. Right. Do you know her blood type?
How the fuck would I know that?
The doctor sighs, and takes a good look at Tenderloin. She places two fingers to her throat, checking the pulse, and then places his head on her chest.
...Fuck it. She'll pull through if I work, go open that cabinet and grab the universal donor blood. That's the stuff with the big circle on it.
Shakey is already standing there, and hands over the blood bag with O- blood.
Now, I can't do everything with this, she's probably going to be a bit sick, but it beats dying. Get me three stimpaks, and the forceps. I'll pulling the bits out that I can, stop the bleeding, but then I'll have to look into her lung. Place that mask on her will you...
The operation continues for a while.

You'd better get out of here now if you're going to keep distance, though you can continue helping out and possibly even convince the doctor to come with you. Alternatively, you can convince him at gunpoint. Whatever argument works, really.

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Sated

EXP 'till next Level-up: 305/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: November 21, 2018, 05:59:54 am »

Keep helping with the operation, and try to convince the doctor to join our group, if he doesn't want to join we should sneak out of town and go back to the quarry.

Liquefied Spleens

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: November 22, 2018, 06:05:11 pm »

Alright, that should be the last bit of buckshot. Gimme the last stim, and then we'll start closing this up. The doctor says, clearly relieved. The operation wasn't easy, but soon turned more into tedium than actual difficulty. Pulling out pellet after pellet isn't interesting, even if it is needed to avoid lead poisoning. The doctor also reminds you to NEVER pull out bullets or knives unless you're equipped to stop the bleeding. But leaving it in is a good way to catch lead poisoning or general infections. But, medical talks aside, the operation is done.
Right. Now, she'll need a lot of rest to recover properly. Probably a decent blanket and an actual bed, if you can get it. Also, absolutely no drugs. She's in no condition to be taking a hit of Jet or buffout.
We'll keep her clean.
Right. Well. I'll be needing payment. Stims, med-x time and effort come up to about 220 caps. I'm dropping it to 200 because you stuck around to help.
You decide against causing a scene, and just drop the money on his desk. You're about to try to appease him, anyhow.
Well, the money's all here. All packed up and ready to be shipped to Sodom. Say, I may have a better offer for you.
No. I'm not joining your party to play doctor. Even if I felt like working in filthy conditions on people that invade clinics, I'm not about to betray Sodom. Not out of pure loyalty, mind you. I just don't think I want to see how far his wrath reaches. I suspect it's a bit further than I can run.
Are you sure? I plan on taking the guy down, you know. I have-
Again, no. You've got nothing for me that makes it worth it. Get out of here before people notice you here... And good luck.
Are you really sure about this?
Yes. Get moving.
You elect against trying any further. You lost this before it even began. [Speech: D100(8 )+25=33]

Whisper is the first one to go outside to scout out another hole in the patrols. After a tense twenty minutes, Whisper finally jumps in to tell everybody to move. Shaky takes Tenderloin in a bridal carry (at the doctor's insistence. Can't put pressure on the stitches.) and you all take a way out. It all goes rather well, and you reach the edge of the city as easily as you got in. After a final check to confirm everything is fine, you all make a mad dash back to the road to make your way back to the quarry. It almost seemed too easy, just going in and out of the city.
Then, you hear a terrifyingly loud *SNAP*, and feel a nearly bonesnapping force against your leg.
You swear and yell as you fall to your knee, your foot stuck in... A beartrap!? Who the hell placed THAT here!?
To make things stranger, this beartrap is padded with leather, to prevent you from getting badly hurt. If it was the usual teeth, you'd probably have another crippled leg situation, but this trap is meant to immobilize, not injure. It doesn't take long for the person responsible to appear, too. You hear his heavy footfalls before you see him, and you're quick to draw your double-barrel at the sound.
Dumb move, motherfucker.
You're the one who stepped in it, my friend. A morphed voice says. You turn, and see that you're dealing with some serious trouble. The man in front of you is wearing kevlar over his torso, and his limbs are wearing stitched together pieces of military combat armor. He has a mouthpiece that covers most of his face, and his helmet covers his eyes with tinted glass. What little flesh you can see on his fingers reveals that he's a ghoul, however.
Your choice. Come quietly, or see if your little rinky-dink farmer's tool can even pierce this armor. I get paid less and you die very painfully. What'll it be?

You look around, and see that your companions are just over the dune. They had to drop off Tenderloin first. You'd hope they'd come on, but your adversary is currently holding a very mean-looking laser rifle. This might not end well...
Maybe you should have stayed at the edge of town...
How are you going to try and weasel out of this?

Perks

Party members

Quest log

Addiction status: Sated

EXP 'till next Level-up: 505/600 (armed opponent: 20XP) (melee opponent: 10XP) (Vicious Dog: 15 XP) (Ghoul: 10XP) (200XP: Rescued Tenderloin!)
Neat stuff I do:

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: November 23, 2018, 07:46:16 am »

Probably need a second opinion for this one.
Wait until he gets closer and stab him in the neck, or back of the neck.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 42