Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155102 times)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #1050 on: October 29, 2019, 01:40:12 pm »

Before update

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ok I’ll go ahead and yank mind and ranged to “apprentice” and melee to Journeyman (I think I did that right)
Then I’ll raise memory, intuition, and magic by two points each, melee magic by one point and medical magic by two (I think I did that correctly)

After...:

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 01:49:59 pm by SuperDino85 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: October 29, 2019, 03:24:33 pm »

levelup:
2 points into mind, bringing it to journeyman
1 point into spirit, banking for later

2 points in will
3 points in charisma
2 points in memory
2 points in intuition

That seem right?
As for the equipment voucher, ask around the base what an equipment voucher could get me in "Something to up my magic game to the next level" or "Something to boost my farseeing to the next level". Be sure to visit the gnomes for this, and also anyone who seems of questionable sanity.

Also, my vote goes out to the plot mission

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: October 29, 2019, 05:53:18 pm »

"Um, Mr. Wielder? Do you want me to be attuned to magic for you?"
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: October 29, 2019, 06:42:20 pm »

Learn summoning, maybe?  Create something to carry it for you.

Or maybe the other kind of summoning.. object apportation.  Then attack with poison or bombs or something.

Or do both.

Another possibility is that even if you kill bodies you inhabit, you just use a new one every mission.
Good point, I guess I will have to constantly grab a new body to haul stuff
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: October 29, 2019, 06:47:49 pm »

"Um, Mr. Wielder? Do you want me to be attuned to magic for you?"

Well...couldn’t hurt. I don’t have a better idea.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: October 29, 2019, 06:59:49 pm »

« Last Edit: October 29, 2019, 07:15:03 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: October 29, 2019, 07:35:58 pm »

That wooden body idea really does strike me as a good one, though.  It's a corpse and it'll last many years normally.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: October 29, 2019, 09:04:35 pm »

Spoiler: Gwyn - current (click to show/hide)
Im thinking stat points go into spirit or movement, substats into either natural ranged, natural meele, constitution, or a scatter to fill out partials. Current inclination is spirit (to journeyman) and natural meele (to perfect). With the last spare substat going to meele magical (to apprentice)

@ item kits - Gwyn doesn't see why she would want equipment for herself, but she might like a nice outfit? She's more interested in improving herself, trying to upgrade her blades (speed and size) or her loadout, notably ammo capacity but also any additional round types (airburst for example) she can't currently use being added to her manufacturing ability. She could also be tempted if they offer to add new abilities in general on a case-by-case basis. She is also waiting for Kongor to request what he'd like her attuned to.

Plot mission is interesting though description is vague.
upgraded blades or added ammo capacity would each be suitable for an equipment upgrade. As for an outfit - is Gwen thinking cute and girly, special agent, business casual, or holster?

I'll try to work with SuperDino on making a decision about how to attune you and such.

levelup:
2 points into mind, bringing it to journeyman
1 point into spirit, banking for later

2 points in will
3 points in charisma
2 points in memory
2 points in intuition

That seem right?
As for the equipment voucher, ask around the base what an equipment voucher could get me in "Something to up my magic game to the next level" or "Something to boost my farseeing to the next level". Be sure to visit the gnomes for this, and also anyone who seems of questionable sanity.

Also, my vote goes out to the plot mission

those level ups seem fine. I overcomplicated the character sheet, for sure.

(3) you get the usual sort of babbling about different enhancements: rockets, bubble wands, invisibility cloaks that explode, rings of summon eldritch sandwiches, a Gravitational Beam Emmiter ... the usual.

(I looked back and realized they are sickles, sorry)
Level up Spirit to Basic, leaving 1 Stat point left
Level up Body to Apprentice, 0 stat points left
Level up Charisma to 0, leaving 7 substat points left
Level up Magic to +2, leaving 5 substat points left
Level up Strength to 0, leaving 3 substat points left
Level up Stamina to +1, leaving 2 substat points left
Level up Agility to 0, leaving 0 substat points left

(I hope I did this right, Exploratory Mission)
Go to the library and read a book about the history of Omega
You read a dusty old Tome about Omega. It's boring. Lemme roll for information retention: (1) ah. Nope, yo uhave no idea who ulgrar THE Wizened or Petunia the Inflammable were, or why they matter to the Lesser Weevil Uprising and the Chopice of Profound Importance.

Well, one apparently important piece of information does stick: Apparently, Omega was established "To house really dangerous, unstable criminal elements" as part of some sort of magical contract or other.

Updated character sheet.

Two stat points to increase size to Giant.

I'd also like to spend the Boon now.  I'll take the exploration mission.  I'll spend the equipment voucher after seeing what the boon does.  (and finalize the char sheet.)

Also considering spending my coins on equipment.  Could I buy a cyborg eye to replace the missing one?

Have we settled on the boon? Some cybernetic enhancements to turn Freddy into a plasma breathing cyberdragon?

3 substat points into will.  6 substat points into magic, 3 substat points into will.  Sell off sword, armor, and medkit and see about spending the voucher on a marionette body to inhabit or puppet as needd and see what the coins from the items sold can be spent on to upgrade the fake body
Vote goes on plot mission.

Spoiler: Vladen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: inventory (click to show/hide)
You get a ceramic marrrionette to pilot. The ceramic is resistant to your corruption, though it is a bit more fragile than some materials. The inside is glazed and fire hardened, and hollow with a sort of flexible glass tubing between the joins for your mist to flow. The material is composite, with layers of woven material and such to make it more durable. The outer shell is made of a combination of wood, bronze, and leather. Leather lined claws, wood on the surfaces that will face the most wear and tear, like the feet, and bronze on limbs and torso to protect against the elements. I'm sure you can think of some creative ways to spend coin for upgrades, like Go Go Gadget feet springs or Go Go Gadget Helicopter hats or something.

Before update

Ok I’ll go ahead and yank mind and ranged to “apprentice” and melee to Journeyman (I think I did that right)
Then I’ll raise memory, intuition, and magic by two points each, melee magic by one point and medical magic by two (I think I did that correctly)

After...:

good enough. Now, figure out what kind of magic would work well with Kongor for Gwen. maybe some kind of concussive blast attack or something. also consider modifying her grip to better fit your fight style or something. THe possibilities are endless. If you have an idea, ask her what she thinks of the practicality or usability of the change. maybe she'll give yo umore insight.

That wooden body idea really does strike me as a good one, though.  It's a corpse and it'll last many years normally.
Vladen corrodes what he inhabits. No physical body is without drawback for him as a character as he currently is.
Also, Spellcasting is a specific method of magic. it involves memorizing specific spells with known effects, and then performing specific actions to cast those spells. At it's heart, it is one of the most powerful, least flexible kinds of magic.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: October 29, 2019, 09:19:16 pm »

Devastator Pm'd me about something regarding character development issues and it reminded me:

Right now, I am trying to give you all a bit of an extra character growth over what 'the game system' would expect. So, now's a good time to examine your character arc and supercharge a little.

Freddy is becoming a Huge size class Character, and becoming a sort of metal monster.
Vladen, having barely survived his betrayal, has become an Elemental of Corrosion, essentially.
You others can bump up a bit as well. I'll take a look at your character sheets this weekend and try to streamline things a bit so it's not so confusing or needlessly complex.

Also,
Important:
I may suddenly disappear for a while here in the next couple weeks or so. If I suddenly go quiet, please be patient and I'll get back into things when I can. I can't say any more at this point, but once things have settled down, I will tell you more.

Besides, it might not affect my posting schedule anyway. I don't know yet.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: October 29, 2019, 09:31:38 pm »

Hope what ever is going on goes well Ozzy, don't die on us now
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: October 29, 2019, 10:10:44 pm »

Yeah I’m kinda leaning towards a concussive blast myself, but I’m trying to do the math on how that would work with a blade, as well as what kind of blast would qualify as concussive. I’ll try to decide ASAP.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: October 29, 2019, 10:12:27 pm »

Oh yeah and plot mission

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: October 29, 2019, 11:54:19 pm »

as per clothing - she'd like something cute and girly, though a holster is in second place.

Concussive blast meaning shockwaves, explosions, and most importantly overpressure. okay. most general theme for that would be wind / force. then dialing it in from there i think we'd be looking at pressure, then explosion, then to get the most specific it'd be shockwave i guess.

applications i can think of: as a meele attack or enhancement under a *force* theme it would be one way to make her swings vastly more destructive than their velocity should allow, put way more power behind the hits so that tagging someone with the handle might send them flying, and her blade would cut WAY deeper into tough materials. in ranged form there's a lot more options and they're a lot scarier cuz you can start tapping into the lethality that is overpressure. the thing is, overpressure, the most lethal part of an explosion, is VASTLY more dangerous in enclosed spaces. the tighter they're enclosed, the more dramatic the results. if you can set up gwyn with an explosive round like her HEDP but enclose the space around it in a bubble that traps the shockwave, everything within that space that has an inconsistent density, like the hollow spaces inside living beings lungs and stomach, is pretty much guaranteed to be reduced to mush. in a less you-are-without-question-going-to-die application you can still amplify the explosive force of the rounds, making the shrapnel it sends out move at higher speeds, and exploit overpressure in already-enclosed spaces. next is also the less-than-lethal option of shooting out a bolt or wave of force to knock people down, kick the air out of them, etc.
defensive-wise this is still applicable in the form of a generic "shield" that pushes back approaching objects. this could be an active defense - a wave or bolt of force fired in reaction to the incoming attack, or a passive shield that probably is a ton less potent but doesn't require attention or precision.
medically i don't see many good applications due to the kind of precision required. i suppose you could attempt to keep pressure against a wound to pause blood loss, perform chest compressions in the case of heart failure, etc. but it isn't likely to be the best at this tbh.
stealth-wise the utility of an invisible silent bolt of force are tremendous. distractions, silent disables, tool activation, etc. additionally if you are willing to push the defenition of shockwave or pressure this is technically the same field as sound, since sound is vibrations being transmitted to pplz ears. so i suppose you could try to pull off silence effects or illusory noises / ventriloquism, but i'd be really cautious about this one since you're pushing the definitions pretty far afield from their intention at this point.
for movement the primary concern would be control. since we're looking at directly controlling / applying force, there is the potential to try to boost movement via essentially "rocket jumping" and the same principal could be used to attempt to cushion a fall afterwards as well.

any other potential attunements you have in mind? I can give a rant on potential applications pretty easy.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: October 30, 2019, 12:00:43 am »

Nah I’m just gonna stick with the concussive blast. Strategy isn’t something I’m particularly good at so anything else and I’ll probably be fumbling around for a few turns trying to figure out the optimal use.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: October 30, 2019, 03:31:14 am »

Have we settled on the boon? Some cybernetic enhancements to turn Freddy into a plasma breathing cyberdragon?
Basically.

I think it was the boon to allow for the size change, and the upgrade in dragon type.  Spending the extra two stat points to use it.

I'm not sure what's available for equipment, or if I get an equipment chit.  I'm thinking maybe some protective gear against mental attacks or mind control.

As for cash, I'd like to buy a replacement eye for the missing one, and maybe to pay for another cyborg upgrade, like the breath weapon charging chamber.  I don't know if the money will last long enough for that.  I have 55 in total.

I'll finish the description after hearing what Freddie is.  Metallic can mean a lot, after all, and he was only about a foot short of being the next size category up.
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 85