Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155082 times)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: They All Fall Down
« Reply #1065 on: October 30, 2019, 03:55:09 pm »

Decisions made:
Spoiler: Gwyn - current (click to show/hide)
Am putting 8 substat points into meele natural to raise it from +7 to +15, changing it to exceptional. putting one substat into stamina raising it from +1 to +2 and changing it from apprentice+1 to Journeyman. putting all three stat points into spirit, raising it from basic to journeyman.
Spoiler: Gwyn - new (click to show/hide)

Changes to Gwyn's equipment:
set of cute clothes!
improve humanform blades size and speed.
Crystal is being attuned to Force / Pressure.

my vote is currently for Plot mission.

action: I wana try out my new toys! canIcanIcanI? what're they like when I use em?
((note: trying out her new clothes and seeing how they look is included in trying out her toys))
« Last Edit: October 30, 2019, 03:57:24 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: October 30, 2019, 08:08:34 pm »

Ah, haven’t collected herbs in a while, better go do that a moment

And Gwyn gets permission from me to try out the new toys

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: October 30, 2019, 08:10:37 pm »

Find a wooden chair and use magic to make the wood live again, possibly turning the chair into a chair shaped plant

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: November 02, 2019, 06:35:36 pm »

((superdino, i just looked at your levelup, i'm pretty sure you spent 4 stat points of the 3 we got.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: November 02, 2019, 11:12:48 pm »

Get the marionette body upgraded with better Corinthian style bronze and steel plating and thick black leather because I want to do a whole cultist from endless legend theme
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: November 02, 2019, 11:36:57 pm »

((superdino, i just looked at your levelup, i'm pretty sure you spent 4 stat points of the 3 we got.))

((I might have but if I did then I can’t really know for sure because the GM didn’t notice it))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: November 04, 2019, 05:06:50 pm »

Ask them to elaborate on the Gravitational Beam Emmiter, just out of curiosity.

Since a straight up item/upgrade to my clockwork magic is out of the question, see if I have the option to trade the voucher for a a book and/or schematics about upgrading my core to allow more magical power/output. Up until now I've merely been sort of bending the rules of physics and lightly pushing them, but we gotta go further than that.

Alternatively, an upgrade would allow me to use some nifty offshoot school of clockwork magic or something. Surprise me.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: November 04, 2019, 06:20:30 pm »

"I'm like that tin can  clock guy now."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Sig-texts!

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: November 07, 2019, 09:30:06 pm »

So, I took a trip[ back home to spend some time with family after a family member received some scary medical news. We don't know what procedures will be necessary just yet -that info will come after another visit in a couple weeks. I won't be able to visit home much for a while so I wanted to go now and let them know I'm there and all that. I should be back to my usual slothlike schedule for the foreseeable future.

Decisions made:
Spoiler: Gwyn - current (click to show/hide)
Am putting 8 substat points into meele natural to raise it from +7 to +15, changing it to exceptional. putting one substat into stamina raising it from +1 to +2 and changing it from apprentice+1 to Journeyman. putting all three stat points into spirit, raising it from basic to journeyman.
Spoiler: Gwyn - new (click to show/hide)

Changes to Gwyn's equipment:
set of cute clothes!
improve humanform blades size and speed.
Crystal is being attuned to Force / Pressure.

my vote is currently for Plot mission.

action: I wana try out my new toys! canIcanIcanI? what're they like when I use em?
((note: trying out her new clothes and seeing how they look is included in trying out her toys))
Gwen gets a small wardrobe of outfits, including a pink dress with lace and frills, a yellow sun dress, and a stylish silver blue top with a chain belt and black leggings. And also a holster, which is more functional than fashionable.

Gwen practices on a few training dummies and other creatures. (3) Occasionally, her blades extend a little too far and she overbalances, toppling in the direction she is attacking. THe fact that her blades are faster exaggerates the effect, to everyone's amusement. (5) The Force attunement seems to work quite well. Stabs and thrusts can impart momentuum to the target, sending them flying backward, while not increasing the cut depth, or the cut can penetrate further and do more direct damage. (4) A few test firings of her gunform go well. She's got more of a kickback, so Kongor's gonna need to grip tightly, but her normal bullets can shatter rock, and her explosive ones can demolish hefty obstacles.

(4) She finds that transforming in her new outfits is easy enough, though the clothing is far less flattering on her scytheform than on her girly one, and transforming back to girlform requires some attention to where her arms and legs come out, lest she accidentally put her neck through an armhole and an arm though a leghole. Do you have any specific tryouts in mind besides these?

Ah, haven’t collected herbs in a while, better go do that a moment

And Gwyn gets permission from me to try out the new toys

(4) Kongor is fully stocked against a wide variety of poisons, and with a variety of poultices and bandages and grease producing plants, useful for oiling up the friendly neighborhood automatons.

Also, herbs for preserving food, breaking down flesh, and a few other effects.

Also

((I might have but if I did then I can’t really know for sure because the GM didn’t notice it))
Yeah, better knock off either mind or ranged level-up. Otherwise, you should be fine.

Find a wooden chair and use magic to make the wood live again, possibly turning the chair into a chair shaped plant
(4) This works. The chair takes root and sprouts wide, black leaves, reaching for the window to her room, craving light.

Get the marionette body upgraded with better Corinthian style bronze and steel plating and thick black leather because I want to do a whole cultist from endless legend theme
Okay, that costs ... something. Monies, probably. Whatever armor costs. It makes the marionette heavier and harder to pilot. And now instead of a JC penney Mannequin you look like something out of Goth Topic.

Ask them to elaborate on the Gravitational Beam Emmiter, just out of curiosity.

Since a straight up item/upgrade to my clockwork magic is out of the question, see if I have the option to trade the voucher for a a book and/or schematics about upgrading my core to allow more magical power/output. Up until now I've merely been sort of bending the rules of physics and lightly pushing them, but we gotta go further than that.

Alternatively, an upgrade would allow me to use some nifty offshoot school of clockwork magic or something. Surprise me.

Gravitational Beam Emitter
Hmm. Perhaps you'd like to be able to rearrange space, like, moving rooms around in a castle to confuse enemies and tourists, or making your lair into an M.C. Escher Paradise, or so you can reach the refrigerator from the couch to grab a beer. Also, an upgrade for increased power output is fine.

Briefing
You all gather in a surprisingly comfortable suite in Officer Country. The room is open, cool, and mostly Marble, with some soft couches and solid wood chairs. There is a variety of mechanical things in the room, from a vast telescope in an adjoining alcove, to a wide fishtank along one wall, to two stately clocks, their inner workings fully visible behind crystalline cases, to one of those solar system rigs (like in DarkCrystal, but smaller, and all brass, and nice). There are a few ferns and one creeping vine climbing a wall. The place smells like a combination of lilac, leather, and oil. The ticking of the various mechanical things is muted, but ever present, the bubbles from the fishtank offering a peaceful undertone and counterpoint. From somewhere nearby, birds chirp and chatter.

"Let's get down to business." The voice is Captain Grey's - a voice a couple of you may remember from long ago. He steps around a large mahogany desk, on which are several lush plants, and steps forward onto thick, grasslike carpet. Or maybe it is grass.
"Omega Base has changed dramatically in recent times. Once, this place was a barren desert, careved out of hte Void as a dimensional prison for Terrible Beings, and sustained only by the life force of the castaways and detritus of society: robbers, insurrectionists, serial rapists, mass murderers, beggars, political opponents - whoever fell to this low state. But now, Omega has become a realm in it's own - a quasi dimension with a life of it's own. It's still incomplete, and it's still a containment facility for Pestilence, War, Famine, and the Pale Horse. But it is also something more. I don't know if this is a good thing or not. Perhaps this will allow us to better handle and even rehabilitate some Great Monsters. Or perhaps those Monsters will use the newfound energy of this place for their own violent purposes.

I said this place is incomplete. Where we once were a Sigil carved into an unstable plane surrounded by Chaos, Omega is now an Orb, self contained. Where once this place was dry and lifeless, we now have rain, and growing things. But we lack a proper sky, proper stars - a sun.

I want you to get us a sun - or at least, a sky full of stars. That is the mission. How (or if) you undertake it is up to you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star
« Reply #1074 on: November 07, 2019, 10:19:01 pm »

stsrs, hm? Alright, I think there are those in space, we would need a way to get one here

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: November 07, 2019, 11:34:19 pm »

Freddie, as usual, doesn't say anything.  But he thinks a few things.

Star?  Stars are.. really big.  And really high up.  If we catch one, maybe it won't be so good.  But maybe it will be good, because it's the best shiny.  But maybe too big.  I wasn't worried about escaping because I'd grow to be the biggest, and then they'd let me go.  But if they can keep a star?  I don't know if I could escape if a star can't.  It's like me, big and hot.

..Maybe I should eat the star.

(Also, updated the character sheet with a new description.  Let me know if there's anything you'd like different.  Can I get confirmation for the stuff related to the expense chit and money?  I wanted to buy a cybereye to replace the missing one, and a cyborg mod to allow for him to charge up his breath weapon.  If there's stuff left over, I'd like something to boost his mental resistances, and perhaps a ring that gives him a temporary shield bubble, to help mitigate the inevitable accidental collisions.)

As for what to investigate, begin with the possibility of making a star.  Is there enough space for like a moon-sized bright thing to orbit this planet, and what would the OL need to create one?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 05:42:43 am by Devastator »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: November 08, 2019, 03:31:05 am »

i wonder, could a star be shrunk for transport then grown again when we get it here?
Test if magic can be used to shrink things. Try to shrink one of the ferns to half its current size, then grow it to the size it was before the shrinking

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: November 08, 2019, 03:32:13 am »

It'll be easier to eat a smaller star than a bigger one.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: November 08, 2019, 03:33:15 am »

"Where will we be getting a star from?"
Questions?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 10:14:28 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
Sig-texts!

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: November 08, 2019, 03:43:28 am »

The sky!  I like the sky!  That part's going to be fun.

Up is the best direction.  It's way better than down.

(I do have some ideas.  I'll get started on them after checking them one at a time.)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2019, 03:52:20 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 85