Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155522 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #255 on: July 18, 2018, 09:09:46 pm »

Hey, ANGRY DEMON NOISES! you still about?
I'll be leaving the game, sorry but it's just too complicated for my taste

As is the forum's quote feature, apparently~

(Sorry)

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: July 19, 2018, 09:24:13 pm »

now that I have the attention from the creature, try to charm it by dancing

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: July 23, 2018, 07:14:09 am »

Turn Eight
in which
We decide to sleep it off, after al

Mission status at bottom of post.

Yoiu know, the "normal" means
alright, I'm going to make this an opposed roll then.
Is THIS your current, correct sheet? It's the most recent I can find.
(3) v (3) Since Hikari has a higher movement speed, they move away from you just fast enough to avoid your attempt to chew off an ear - for medicine!

"So I'm to stay out because I can self-maintain, and the armorer is busy? Who do I see when I need my regular servicing then?"

"Oh... That's... kinda boring... Could I have some ice cream please?"
"You don't actually have to go inside weapon storage to interact with the armorer. He has an office out front of the armory. You can go there freely, as can any Omega. As for maintenance, it depends on what is needed. For the basic weapon things, the armorer will do that. For other maintenance - to care for your construct nature, for instance - the Armorer or I will direct you to the proper alchemist, Runesmith, or engineer."

"Ice Cream? I don't think we have any in stock. Hmm. Tell ya what. If you can convince someone to make some for you, you can have it. They will probably demand something in exchange. Check with me before agreeing to any major tasks or trades. If it's a simple, mundane task, you can do that without asking. Report back to me afterward either way."

Help out the kid, and get away from here.
(5) you offer a hand, and the person takes hold tentatively. You pull them along and head in the opposite direction of the trouble, ending up several blocks away, having narrowly avoided Vladen's healing bite in the process.

Well, continue to try and move slowly with my wings, towards either food source.
(3) you manage to flop the meat beside you forward to within your reach and eat greedily. You practice moving your wings a bit while swallowing. You are getting a sense of what to do, but you still feel awkward and clumsy with it.

"What are the right lies, my master? I will follow your every command, if you only tell me what, chirp."

Charm.
(3) The mutant seems to consider your words, but neither replies, nor alter's your situation for good or ill.

Gak appears again out of quasi-uncertainty, having presumably spent some time getting patched up and all that.

Look around/bug the administrators to see if they have anything that needs doing, or failing that, if there's a guy in Omega who can make a call down to my native plane.
(5) you find a lone demonist sitting in a festering puddle of decay and filth. Bones, rotten flesh, trash, and twisted insects, slugs, and other creatures of dirt and rot surround him like an Abysmal kingdom within Omega's borders.

This single somewhat failed step will not dissuade me, we're clearly onto something good here. Keep trying to work against the energy spikes while focusing on the calming. If it's at all possible to weave in a message to the conciousness I felt earlier, message something along the lines of 'I am here to help'.
(6) You cast your orderly calming magics, and link to the twisted consciousness within the being. You experience a backrush of magic and thought - scattered, chaotic, bug-laden thought. It crashes against you like waves against a cliff. You channel the energy, all the while directing calm. But, linked as you are, this causes some of your subroutines to freeze up. You go into a reboot sequence as a result.

Remove useless leg and use it as a club! Smash the fleshhorror appendages holding my other leg into a bloody mess!

"BRUFORD'S LEG BROKE! EVEN MORE ANGRY!"
(1) you completely fail to remove your leg. The creature releases you from it's grip though. It goes suddenly still and silent, slowly settling to the ground like a large sack of leaves.

now that I have the attention from the creature, try to charm it by dancing
(6) You Stomp around, wave your arms awkwardly over your head, and shake your gorilla ass at the creature's giant eye. It let's out a low chuckle as it's eyelid slowly closes. Exhausted from your ridiculous display, you walk over to the inert form and pat it softly. "I think she's asleep" you whisper.

The creature's bony fingers relax, opening up and releasing Eliza from it's grip. Clunkers stands inert, gears and dials slowly ticking, the occasional puff of steam venting from an exhaust port. Kongor stands somewhat uncomfortably near the fallen Buford, who still seems rather put out about it all. Vladen hobbles after Hikari, intent on eating an ear to restore sound to the catperson, who by now has stopped, several blocks from the suddenly silent Omega flesh monster.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: July 23, 2018, 07:40:43 am »

How large is the target currently? Could we just go requisition a cart and bring her home?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: July 23, 2018, 08:06:50 am »

Could Bruford break and tear some appendages without waking it up? We could take a chunk of it and smash the rest of the flesh.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: July 23, 2018, 08:46:58 am »

I think my most recent one is at the first page of this thread. I should probably move it over. Wander off to find a dead civilian to eat
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: July 23, 2018, 08:52:54 am »

Could always go the Piecewise route and assume that they have a -2 to everything if there's no sheet in the proper place.

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: July 23, 2018, 10:14:32 am »

take a break, sit for a moment to relieve myself of the exhaustion

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: July 23, 2018, 10:22:34 am »

"Okay!"
Go look for someone who could make some ice cream for me. Try the kitchens first?
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: July 23, 2018, 03:30:12 pm »

How troublesome. Still, not so bad, all things considered. Just go through the reboot sequence as usual.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: July 23, 2018, 05:07:52 pm »

Gak approaches with his arms spread wide and a smile on his face.

"Finally! You and I are gonna be good friends. Or rather, I'm gonna use you for your capabilities and be marginally less horrible to you than I am to everyone else as a manner of course. That's what friends do for each other. So, friend, I need contact with the closest plane of hell you can manage to reach. Scrying or whatever you do, but it's gotta be two-way communication. So?"

Hi mister demonologist, contact hell for me please!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: July 23, 2018, 07:25:06 pm »

Lets try something different, then.  Instead of moving forward, try rolling myself over with my wings.  First onto my back, and then all the way over.  Stop if something hurts bad.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: July 23, 2018, 07:31:01 pm »

Try to talk to the girl with signs. Is she okay to get home from here?

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 25, 2018, 06:57:10 am »

Turn Nine
or
Did we win yet?

someone rolled a 1 on a general knowledge check~~ Can you guess who?

How large is the target currently? Could we just go requisition a cart and bring her home?
Still pretty big. Like at least Buford sized. A cart would be a bit too small, by an order of magnitude.

Could Bruford break and tear some appendages without waking it up? We could take a chunk of it and smash the rest of the flesh.
You are confident that this is a good idea. Why, heck, you think you could just yank the creature's head right off and take that back to Omega. Problem solved. No fuss, minimal fuss.

I think my most recent one is at the first page of this thread. I should probably move it over. Wander off to find a dead civilian to eat
(6) your meanderings bring right next to the fleshhorror. On closer inspection, probably some of that flesh is from dead civilians.

take a break, sit for a moment to relieve myself of the exhaustion
You curl up in a nook of the fleshhorror's appendage. It is strangely comfortable, with a nice earthy aroma.

"Okay!"
Go look for someone who could make some ice cream for me. Try the kitchens first?
(1) you enter the cafeteria and make your way to the sounds and smells of food preparation. "One Ice Cream, please!"
"Ain't got none!" comes a rather harried shout, followed by a clatter of dishes and some colorful language.

How troublesome. Still, not so bad, all things considered. Just go through the reboot sequence as usual.
(2) still in powered down mode.

Gak approaches with his arms spread wide and a smile on his face.

"Finally! You and I are gonna be good friends. Or rather, I'm gonna use you for your capabilities and be marginally less horrible to you than I am to everyone else as a manner of course. That's what friends do for each other. So, friend, I need contact with the closest plane of hell you can manage to reach. Scrying or whatever you do, but it's gotta be two-way communication. So?"

Hi mister demonologist, contact hell for me please!
(5) The scarred fella looks you up and down for a moment. "Aight, gimme some of yer blood or a finger or something precious to you."

Lets try something different, then.  Instead of moving forward, try rolling myself over with my wings.  First onto my back, and then all the way over.  Stop if something hurts bad.
(4) you get over on your back, and feel something from lower down your spine - some dull, thudding pressure. Listening, you hear something smacking against a wooden table back there. That your tail? You attempt to peer between your legs, but only catch a glimpse of the end of your tail. Your one good leg kicks idly, and your artificial leg just sort of hangs there, straight up.

Try to talk to the girl with signs. Is she okay to get home from here?
(6) you wave and wiggle and pantomime walking away. When you turn around, the person is gone. Undoubtedly this is due to your superior skills in the art of interpretive dance.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 09:25:00 am by Ozarck »

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 25, 2018, 08:49:12 am »

ask the flesh horror for some food
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 85