Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155488 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #285 on: July 29, 2018, 08:24:07 am »

Damaged corrored leg and cursed mobility means I can't do anything about the cloud, so the 5 results are just a delayed death sentence.

Guess I'll try to kill the fleshhorror in melee before I die from damage over time. Continue punching and stomping on the flesh thing until it stops moving and then keep smashing it.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: July 29, 2018, 09:13:17 am »

Diplomacy time then go about healing people
"Miss flesh blob, can you please call down and not kill my compatriots? Feel free to eat the one sttacking you though."
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: July 29, 2018, 03:23:55 pm »

Actually wait, the statue Gak is possessing has been assumed to be one of those anatomically correct ones, right? It's how I've always pictured him at least, but if your image is different feel free to discard this idea. Use ... I know one of the twin knives I have is better at slicing and the other's better at stabbing. Use the slicing one to cut off my tiny metallic ... you can tell what I'm referring to.

If that's a no-go, then still use the slicer to chop off ... a pinky toe or something.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: July 30, 2018, 03:56:00 am »

go into the kitchen and see what's going on. Maybe if I help him he will make some ice cream for me.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: July 30, 2018, 10:39:12 am »

How basic are we talking here? Simple words, abstract concepts? Regardless, here's the message I want to get across:

"Clunkers = Friend. Will help."

Once that message has been sent, get back to work booting myself up.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: July 31, 2018, 08:24:10 am »

Mission Failstate Countdown: Three turns

"Help, tweet. Fizzy... they are going to eat me. Do I mind? Um, I remember something. Something like... milk? No, like water, with something in it. Isn't that what milk is? What is milk?"

Chug down my mind-dulling potion, quickly.
Alright, you enter a state of detachment. Thinking is hard, but feeling is also dulled. Fear abates. It is not replaced with calm, really, just dullness.

Well, that was interesting.  Lets spend a few minutes trying to return to belly side down again.  Can I feel anything about the meat that went down?
You flop back upright. The Old Gnome calls out and several other gnomes come along and prod, push, and tug at you, getting you into a more natural position. They begin manually moving your limbs, one at a time. One begins brushing you with a stiff wire brush. It feels like water coursing down your scales. (4) You can sense the food in your gullet as well as you could have before your death. It's food. You are ... not full exactly, but not hungry. You cold eat more.

keep just out of range of the mist
(4) you move a block further away from Bruford and the Beast. The mist doesn't quite reach this far.

Climb the tallest building. Preferably with stairs.
(4) you find a fire escape style outside stairwell and climb up to the roof. It's not the tallest in the city, but you have a fairly good view. You can see the wall encircling Omega, much of the red-roofed Tradesmen's district you are in, a section that looks like a market area, complete with food courts and religious buildings, and some residential areas as well. You can't see Bruford, as he is toppled over, but you can hear the tantrum he is throwing, and you can see the devastation in that area. It looks surprisingly small in scope from up here.

Damaged corrored leg and cursed mobility means I can't do anything about the cloud, so the 5 results are just a delayed death sentence.

Guess I'll try to kill the fleshhorror in melee before I die from damage over time. Continue punching and stomping on the flesh thing until it stops moving and then keep smashing it.

(2) v (3) You tear chunks of mass from her, she dissolves all the fingers on your left hand. She's getting noticeably smaller. Hmm. (5) After pulverizing the flesh beneath you, you reach forward to grab one more of the heads, but it tears away from the greater mass, darting out of your reach before you recognize what has happened. A much smaller figure dashes out of sight around a corner. Vlad stops your corrosion from progressing, thogh.

Diplomacy time then go about healing people
"Miss flesh blob, can you please call down and not kill my compatriots? Feel free to eat the one sttacking you though."
(5) A golden laugh echoes from further along the alley at your words. "Catch me if you can, Eater of Woes. Catch me, and eat my sorrows!" (2) you rest a hand on the angry rust giant and attempt to heal him. You stop the corrosion from getting worse, but are unable to reverse the effect. "Alright! Who else needs my Special Touch!" You shout looking around and wiggling your fingers suggestively.

Actually wait, the statue Gak is possessing has been assumed to be one of those anatomically correct ones, right? It's how I've always pictured him at least, but if your image is different feel free to discard this idea. Use ... I know one of the twin knives I have is better at slicing and the other's better at stabbing. Use the slicing one to cut off my tiny metallic ... you can tell what I'm referring to.

If that's a no-go, then still use the slicer to chop off ... a pinky toe or something.

I'm okay with you attempting self circumcision. Hmm. (1) (3) You make an absolutely horrible screeching sound as you attempt to slice off your metallic member. It's only partly successful. You gouge a chunk out of the side of it, dulling your blade to uselessness in the process. You howl at that loss much more dramatically than at the loss of an irrelevant bit of imaginary manhood. "This better be good," You snarl at the occultist. "I have paid dearly for it." He take your proffered part and begins the ritual: the usual draw2ing of dark sigils, chanting and screaming, sacrificing three rats, a lizard, and some unidentified squirming things ...

"The link is established. Make your summon, lest something else dominate the portal."

"I know how to talk to demons." You growl, doing that weird doll thing where one eye rolls back into your head.

go into the kitchen and see what's going on. Maybe if I help him he will make some ice cream for me.
You go into the kitchen. it is a mess of tables, ovens, firepits, cabinets, counters, hanging pots and pans, strings of sausage, iceboxes sinks, and stoves. It takes a minute to process the cacaphonic imagery. At first, you don't recognize the source of the voice from before, but as your mind processes, identifies, sorts, and filters the input, you notice an unusual thing - something like a seven foot tall tree standing near a corner of the next kitchen room over. Its six radially placed limbs wave in intricate patterns. You realize after a minute that those are arms, and that is not a tree, but some kind of flesh being. It is currently stooped low, and a few of the arms are dipping out of your sight and returning laden with dishwear, which it is depositing on a counter hastily. Another limb is stirring a pot, and a third is stacking trays on the table that lay directly between the being and yourself. It seems not to have noticed your arrival.

How basic are we talking here? Simple words, abstract concepts? Regardless, here's the message I want to get across:

"Clunkers = Friend. Will help."

Once that message has been sent, get back to work booting myself up.

That's good enough. (6) You send your message. You receive a startled flurry of images in response as you jerk suddenly into powered mode. Most of the images are deleted instantly by the transition, but you get a clear image of a "Liar Bird" who claimed to "Help," and anotehr image of a skeptical, yet thoughtful face. The face has no recognizable features - it's just a kind of mental emoji Heiroglyph denoting wary optimism.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: July 31, 2018, 09:01:37 am »

Still can't move, so just continue smashing the pulverized flesh.

"Bruford is no longer melting. Bruford grateful. Bruford's leg still broken. Bruford sad and angry."
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: July 31, 2018, 09:06:26 am »

wait for whatever caused the crashing noise and swearing to happen again, this time where I can see it.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

SuperDino85

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: July 31, 2018, 09:57:33 am »

stay out of the gas, but try to find a location where I might be of help

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: July 31, 2018, 10:16:06 am »

shrug and chase after her, plenty of woes and meat to eat
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 01, 2018, 02:13:12 pm »

Clunkers snaps back into consciousness with a clank and a rattle. He looks around for a moment at the fleshhorror and what teammates he can see. His entire body rattles, the mechanical's equivalent to a forced sigh. He raises the volume of his voicebox enough that everyone in the vicinity is sure to hear him.

"Angered statement: You bumbling buffoons. This one had just managed to calm down the fleshhorror and given it back control of itself when you decide to muck it all up. What was your thought process here? 'Oh, the target we're supposed to retrieve has stopped moving entirely, better attack it so it wakes up again'?

Angered ultimatum: As the highest ranking Omega personnel here, I order you to cease your attacks on the target. Non-compliance will be answered with extreme prejudice."

Clunkers walks up to the fleshhorror.

"Introduction: Greetings, organic. This one is designated 'Clunkers'. This one is the individual who communicated briefly with you through the magical link and who laboured to give you back control of your faculties. Please excuse this one's supposed comrades. They tend to make bad decisions. If they keep making bad decisions, feel free to eradicate them.

Honest request: Would you please allow yourself to be retrieved by Omega personnel and brought back to the base?"

Bitch at teammates, then introduce myself to the fleshhorror and ask if she'd let herself be transported to Omega Base peacefully.

Unless that bit that went into the alley in spazyak's turn is what remains of the target. In which case amplify the above statement to the target so it can be heard from really far away, then robutt compute her most likely position and go collect the target. Also, if this is the case, could you perhaps mention it at the bottom of the post next time? I almost missed it because it was in spazyak's turn.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2018, 05:15:24 pm by Pancaek »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: August 01, 2018, 03:41:11 pm »

"Bruford already smash meatball into paste! Cogs should have told Bruford earlier, but too busy sleeping!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 01, 2018, 04:42:40 pm »

"Bruford already smash meatball into paste! Cogs should have told Bruford earlier, but too busy sleeping!"

"Retort: Perhaps if Buford had a higher IQ than a common garden variety earthworm, he would have noticed this one went to sleep at the exact same time as the target did. Such is the nature of magic, unfortunately. Regardless, cease your attacks at once.

Exasperated reply: And don't call this one cogs. If you must call this one derisive nicknames, call it Clunkers like everyone else."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 01, 2018, 05:08:40 pm »

"Bruford isn't a worm since Bruford is strong! Look, Bruford already kill meatball while Clunkers was busy sleeping! Only mincemeat and dying remains left!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 01, 2018, 05:13:39 pm »

"Bruford isn't a worm since Bruford is strong! Look, Bruford already kill meatball while Clunkers was busy sleeping! Only mincemeat and dying remains left!"

"Livid reply: Why in the name of the great cogwheel are you bragging about this? We were moments away from completing our mission before you started mindlessly pummeling the target. This one swears, if you manage to further reduce our odds of salvaging this missions, this one is going to be very cross with you."
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 85