Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 85

Author Topic: Omega Revenant: Catch A Falling Star  (Read 155518 times)

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
Re: Omega Revenant: Base Thread
« Reply #240 on: July 16, 2018, 03:33:21 pm »

Craw over to tricmagic and heal him once I've awpken. The. Craw back to start picking glass from me while thinking wistfully of having skin

"I didn't know that those were ao...exploded! Sorry guys!"
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 03:49:06 pm by spazyak »
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: July 16, 2018, 05:33:56 pm »

"You... you wish for me to lie to you? I could, if this is your wish. My will is to serve you, chirp."

Well, keep digging my hole.

Also charm the iron giant if it seems intent on smashing.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2018, 07:07:04 pm by Egan_BW »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: July 16, 2018, 06:55:59 pm »

Slowly stand up and continue punching the flesh monster.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: July 16, 2018, 07:07:15 pm »

...Action amended.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: July 17, 2018, 02:25:19 pm »

Hang on to that feeling of coordination and keep going, we're making some sort of progress here, clearly.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: July 18, 2018, 11:17:50 am »

Turn Seven

The Songs of Silence

Hey, ANGRY DEMON NOISES! you still about?

Pop them. Do something to get my hearing back. Just try and take a moment to get my hearing back. Something-
your eardrums are ruptured. Gonna take more than a casual yawn or a finger in the ear to fix.

"So, you want me to obey other officers too? I mean, they aren't you, but I could I guess. Um, you do know the range limit on my control, right?"

"Um, why am I forbidden from weapon storage? Should I not trust the armorer?"
"I am loyal to those officers as you are loyal to me, and in much the same way. Fear not, it shouldn't cause a conflict. As for your control range, I understand that it has been determined to be fifty feet, outside of Omega. But, do you see the Brand on yourself? That identifies you as an Omega, and links to your control node here. Look, you can see a portion of the Brand here on the module. Whenever you are inside of Omega Base, you are always within fifty feet of me, even if it doesn't look like it.

What? No, no, nothing like that. The Armorer is trustworthy. It's just that some of the weapons aren't. And some are finicky or unstable. They require a professional touch to be handled and stored together without incident. Plus, as a general rule, only Officers are allowed in places like that, as new Omegas can sometimes be ... unruly. I'm sure you'd be fine in there, but there's no real need to make an exception, is there?"

While you have been having this discussion, you and the Officer have been walking toward the 'western' leg of the Omega canyon. You descent along a winding, narrow path - the wall of the canyon on one side and emptiness on the other. About a third of the way from the botom, the path opens on a narrow plateau with three doors along the cliff face. There are two guards standing in front of the largest of the entrances.

"Well, if you want to come with me, that's fine. I'll mostly be doing paperwork and receiving reports from the groups out in the city."

squeal loud enough to get the target’s attention
You want to put some self-buffing magic behind that? Well, this time you do a natural squeal (hidden). You can't really tell if you made any noise or not though. (5) but a cluster of eyes does swivel in your direction. Not sure if the shout did that or if they were going to look this way anyway.

Lets try something simpler.  Just one wing at a time.  Pull myself very slowly along the ground, with one wing at a time.
(2) (4) you don't make any real progress toward the food, but you are starting to recognize the sensations of your wings against the ground. Looking to the sides, you see your wings flopping forward and sliding back as you try to move them. This pleases the old Gnome, who peeks out from his hiding spot behind a chifferobe, scurries over to the food bag, and tosses a piece of meat at you (2) which sails over your head and bounces down your back to land just out of neck reach along your side.

Craw over to tricmagic and heal him once I've awpken. The. Craw back to start picking glass from me while thinking wistfully of having skin

(4) you wake up this round, and claw your way out of the rubble. You get up, stump over to the cat ... elf .... thing, and yell in her ear. she doesn't hear you. Neither do you. Now, I gotta ask - you going to try to heal him ... her ... (uh, whichever) by mundane means, or by your 'normal' method? Because one of those will probably work, but she might not thank you for it. And the other probably won't work.

"You... you wish for me to lie to you? I could, if this is your wish. My will is to serve you, chirp."

One major action per round please.
"WRONG LIES!" Her eye flits about rapidly, as if in a waking REM dream state. She pounds the wall nearby with the appendage she is caging you in, bouncing you off her fingers. When you can see straight again, the cage is smaller, her fingers interlacing with only a sliver of space between.

(2) v (5) You attempt to stand up again, but the fleshhorror has your leg firmly in grasp, and hauls you onto your back. You are dragged down the alleyway, crumbling brick and mortar along both sides. Meanwhile, that ominous swelling bursts, spraying you with some caustic liquid (con roll: 1) which starts to eat into your free leg, causig terrible pain and rendering it unusable.

Hang on to that feeling of coordination and keep going, we're making some sort of progress here, clearly.
(3) A sudden spike in energy is followed by another calming. You look up at the fleshhorror and note that it seems smaller than before. Now it's not much more than Buford size. Perhaps progress has been made in more than one way.

spazyak

• Bay Watcher
  • Imagine a working link to Rickroll here
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: July 18, 2018, 11:42:14 am »

Yoiu know, the "normal" means
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Ravioli Ravioli, the old broad died so now I play a Demon Loli.
Sig-texts!

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: July 18, 2018, 01:07:36 pm »

"So I'm to stay out because I can self-maintain, and the armorer is busy? Who do I see when I need my regular servicing then?"

"Oh... That's... kinda boring... Could I have some ice cream please?"
« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 01:09:21 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: July 18, 2018, 01:13:06 pm »

Help out the kid, and get away from here.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: July 18, 2018, 02:32:47 pm »

Well, continue to try and move slowly with my wings, towards either food source.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: July 18, 2018, 03:03:24 pm »

"What are the right lies, my master? I will follow your every command, if you only tell me what, chirp."

Charm.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: July 18, 2018, 03:33:53 pm »

Gak appears again out of quasi-uncertainty, having presumably spent some time getting patched up and all that.

Look around/bug the administrators to see if they have anything that needs doing, or failing that, if there's a guy in Omega who can make a call down to my native plane.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: July 18, 2018, 03:41:16 pm »

This single somewhat failed step will not dissuade me, we're clearly onto something good here. Keep trying to work against the energy spikes while focusing on the calming. If it's at all possible to weave in a message to the conciousness I felt earlier, message something along the lines of 'I am here to help'.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: July 18, 2018, 04:48:51 pm »

Remove useless leg and use it as a club! Smash the fleshhorror appendages holding my other leg into a bloody mess!

"BRUFORD'S LEG BROKE! EVEN MORE ANGRY!"
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 18, 2018, 09:06:31 pm »

Turn Seven

The Songs of Silence

Hey, ANGRY DEMON NOISES! you still about?

Pop them. Do something to get my hearing back. Just try and take a moment to get my hearing back. Something-
your eardrums are ruptured. Gonna take more than a casual yawn or a finger in the ear to fix.
I'll be leaving the game, sorry but it's just too complicated for my taste
"So, you want me to obey other officers too? I mean, they aren't you, but I could I guess. Um, you do know the range limit on my control, right?"

"Um, why am I forbidden from weapon storage? Should I not trust the armorer?"
"I am loyal to those officers as you are loyal to me, and in much the same way. Fear not, it shouldn't cause a conflict. As for your control range, I understand that it has been determined to be fifty feet, outside of Omega. But, do you see the Brand on yourself? That identifies you as an Omega, and links to your control node here. Look, you can see a portion of the Brand here on the module. Whenever you are inside of Omega Base, you are always within fifty feet of me, even if it doesn't look like it.

What? No, no, nothing like that. The Armorer is trustworthy. It's just that some of the weapons aren't. And some are finicky or unstable. They require a professional touch to be handled and stored together without incident. Plus, as a general rule, only Officers are allowed in places like that, as new Omegas can sometimes be ... unruly. I'm sure you'd be fine in there, but there's no real need to make an exception, is there?"

While you have been having this discussion, you and the Officer have been walking toward the 'western' leg of the Omega canyon. You descent along a winding, narrow path - the wall of the canyon on one side and emptiness on the other. About a third of the way from the botom, the path opens on a narrow plateau with three doors along the cliff face. There are two guards standing in front of the largest of the entrances.

"Well, if you want to come with me, that's fine. I'll mostly be doing paperwork and receiving reports from the groups out in the city."

squeal loud enough to get the target’s attention
You want to put some self-buffing magic behind that? Well, this time you do a natural squeal (hidden). You can't really tell if you made any noise or not though. (5) but a cluster of eyes does swivel in your direction. Not sure if the shout did that or if they were going to look this way anyway.

Lets try something simpler.  Just one wing at a time.  Pull myself very slowly along the ground, with one wing at a time.
(2) (4) you don't make any real progress toward the food, but you are starting to recognize the sensations of your wings against the ground. Looking to the sides, you see your wings flopping forward and sliding back as you try to move them. This pleases the old Gnome, who peeks out from his hiding spot behind a chifferobe, scurries over to the food bag, and tosses a piece of meat at you (2) which sails over your head and bounces down your back to land just out of neck reach along your side.

(4) you wake up this round, and claw your way out of the rubble. You get up, stump over to the cat ... elf .... thing, and yell in her ear. she doesn't hear you. Neither do you. Now, I gotta ask - you going to try to heal him ... her ... (uh, whichever) by mundane means, or by your 'normal' method? Because one of those will probably work, but she might not thank you for it. And the other probably won't work.

One major action per round please.
"WRONG LIES!" Her eye flits about rapidly, as if in a waking REM dream state. She pounds the wall nearby with the appendage she is caging you in, bouncing you off her fingers. When you can see straight again, the cage is smaller, her fingers interlacing with only a sliver of space between.

(2) v (5) You attempt to stand up again, but the fleshhorror has your leg firmly in grasp, and hauls you onto your back. You are dragged down the alleyway, crumbling brick and mortar along both sides. Meanwhile, that ominous swelling bursts, spraying you with some caustic liquid (con roll: 1) which starts to eat into your free leg, causig terrible pain and rendering it unusable.

(3) A sudden spike in energy is followed by another calming. You look up at the fleshhorror and note that it seems smaller than before. Now it's not much more than Buford size. Perhaps progress has been made in more than one way.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 85