Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 60131 times)

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Verusa Thread
« Reply #210 on: June 11, 2018, 07:56:20 pm »

I feel football is the best plan now, I was going to make something similar but you beat me to it

Quote from: Votes
Defense of Derboise (1): Jerick
No grenades and use rhinos foot (1): Happerry
Plan Footbfall (2): eS, Piratejoe
« Last Edit: June 11, 2018, 11:39:28 pm by piratejoe »
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2018, 12:20:47 am »

I might make a plan later. Also a quick question to the gm, can we have things like "if not aircraft are here, do recon instead of air superiority" or other such things.

Yes, you can give conditional orders.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
  • if (ANNOYED_W_FANS==true) { KILL_CHAR(rand()); }
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2018, 02:30:28 am »

What a can of worms you just opened...  >_>

Just to doublecheck, Cnidaros, when a piece of equipment gets mothballed, do we lose the pilots?  Or do we have them sitting on the ground in a barracks or something waiting for the next set of planes we build?  Do we still have the equipment we mothball, or is it destroyed or whatever? If it's mothballed, we don't need to pay maintenance on it, right?  But we still have it in reserve?  I just wanna make sure we're not trying to do something the rules dont allow.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 02:38:26 am by evictedSaint »

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2018, 05:42:17 am »

What a can of worms you just opened...  >_>

Just to doublecheck, Cnidaros, when a piece of equipment gets mothballed, do we lose the pilots?  Or do we have them sitting on the ground in a barracks or something waiting for the next set of planes we build?  Do we still have the equipment we mothball, or is it destroyed or whatever? If it's mothballed, we don't need to pay maintenance on it, right?  But we still have it in reserve?  I just wanna make sure we're not trying to do something the rules dont allow.

To clarify, you can't mothball squadrons. You can only upgrade their aircraft, add, swap or remove equipment, or disband them entirely. Disbanding a squadron gives no bonuses to the remaining squadrons, and the pilots are sent to the frontline and not preserved for future squadrons. Equipment also can't be mothballed, and in fact doesn't exist when not equipped to a squadron, so you can't use it to bank PP from one turn to the next.

Also, I may have to parse unreasonably long conditional statements, but you're the ones who have to write and argue about it anyway, so I still have the advantage here.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2018, 05:58:34 am »

Right well due to the fact that our balloons cost 1pp to make, 1pp maintenance and they don't pay maintenance on the turn they are made we should still be disbanding and making balloon squadrons as needed.
Quote from: Votes
No grenades and use rhinos foot (1): Happerry
Plan Footbfall (3): eS, Piratejoe, Jerick

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: June 12, 2018, 08:36:11 am »

We shiuld definitely save as many bird watching essentials as we can by temporarily giving them to the fighter squadrons.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: June 12, 2018, 09:34:23 am »

We shiuld definitely save as many bird watching essentials as we can by temporarily giving them to the fighter squadrons.
Oh I had completely forgotten about those, that's an excellent point. @ES do you mind altering your plan a little to shift around the birdwatching essentials, it's a small change so it shouldn't really need a new vote.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: June 12, 2018, 09:51:39 am »

Oh I had completely forgotten about those, that's an excellent point. @ES do you mind altering your plan a little to shift around the birdwatching essentials, it's a small change so it shouldn't really need a new vote.

Done.

Maybe we can design a giant wooden bench at some point, one that requires no maintenance. We could assign squadrons to it when between planes and then assign the bench to a city away from the front lines, so an elite fighter squadron doesn't get sent into the trenches when we're trying to upgrade our fleet.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: June 12, 2018, 09:57:07 am »

I too think the inability to stockpile equipment and personnel that aren't actively being used by a squadron is silly and annoying. We have factories and hangars and airfields but we can't rent a small warehouse to store a few machineguns or binoculars? More to the point, buying stuff to stockpile PP isn't an issue since it can't be converted back into PP, there is a ln upper limit to how many of each item is useful to have, and it is all on the path to eventual obsolescence anyways. It isn't stockpiling any extra PP, its just avoiding wasting it. Instead of simplifying the game, the inability to stockpile makes it more complicated by requiring much more pointless inventory management and reshuffling to avoid having items disappear.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2018, 10:02:56 am by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: June 12, 2018, 12:09:35 pm »

NAV does have a point. 

This is just speculation, but I get the impression the current rules exist to prevent us from having bloated inventories full of obsolete crap "just in case we need it".

It would make more sense if you could scrap old equipment for 1/4 the cost - it becomes unfeasible to "bank" equipment in this way, but there is still an incentive to maintain a clean inventory rather than storing it all in the attic.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: June 12, 2018, 01:13:19 pm »

Actually, that rule was to minimize the "snowball" effect of one side having a higher PP income than the other. I'll consider changing it, further discussion will be in the core thread.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: June 12, 2018, 04:03:35 pm »

For those of you who haven't voted yet you probably should. Don't want to keep our pilots and our enemies waiting, do we?
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

evictedSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: June 13, 2018, 04:35:32 am »

Was the +2 PP we got from the flag not permanent?  Or was that a one-time boost?  If it's permanent, we should have started the turn with 16 PP, not 14.  If it's not permanent, then Ebbor is getting salty in the main thread over nothing.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 13, 2018, 05:48:13 am »

It was a one time boost. It would have been an undeniably OP bonus if it was permanent.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: June 13, 2018, 02:46:01 pm »

Ebbor getting salty over nothing? I don't believe you, that's never happened before.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58