Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54597 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Late Spring 1915, Design Phase
« Reply #645 on: July 30, 2018, 10:24:44 am »

Oh, good point. Yeah, we should probably rush.
Hmm... rushing gives us a good chance of reaching prototype. Might it be worth it to deploy the prototype? It'd mean no EFMs, and rationing parachutes for another turn, but it would have a big impact on the war, I think.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 30, 2018, 10:29:26 am »

Well, do we have the bombs to give it or such? If so it could definitely do so. But EFMs are more important alongside the parachutes.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 30, 2018, 10:59:21 am »

We don't have bombs yet, so I think the parachute and planes this turn are better. Do we want to revise up a bomb for next turn or do a proper design?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 30, 2018, 11:00:43 am »

We might need a proper design for one. It'll definitely mean that we get something built for purpose to be dropped on the enemy.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 30, 2018, 11:04:29 am »

We might need a proper design for one. It'll definitely mean that we get something built for purpose to be dropped on the enemy.
That said, we could revise fins on and stabilize the fuse. Would get us going next turn when we produce the bombers.

What should our next design be, btw?
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 11:23:50 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 30, 2018, 11:08:57 am »

Doesn't the Observer come with free parachutes?

Edit: Oh dear, espionage actions are a thing now. Can't say I ever liked that mechanic. Too much backstabbing.
What?

For the next design, I'm in favor of a dedicated recon plane or yet another fighter.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 30, 2018, 11:14:00 am »

I mean, I don't think they spent a design on their bomb. Sure, a designed bomb would be better, but I think we could get something serviceable with a revision.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 30, 2018, 11:20:32 am »

I mean, I don't think they spent a design on their bomb. Sure, a designed bomb would be better, but I think we could get something serviceable with a revision.

We already have the giant 45kg mortar shell that is just a bit unstable. Just need to touch up that last bit to make it viable. Definitely revision territory. Could try for more points with the army by giving them the more stable fuse/explosives/whatever as well.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 30, 2018, 11:49:14 am »

Doesn't the Observer come with free parachutes?

Edit: Oh dear, espionage actions are a thing now. Can't say I ever liked that mechanic. Too much backstabbing.
What?

It's hidden in an abbreviation.

The guards from the Ministry of Integrity have taken up positions around the airfield’s buildings. Meanwhile, their commissar has taken over one of the disused storerooms as his office, complete with several metal filing cabinets that are the staple of any proper Kolechian office[/abbr=PM me for espionage actions!].[/abbr]

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 30, 2018, 02:54:00 pm »

Speaking of new planes, I'd like to build a float plane. It'll allow us to deploy ships at sea and support the navy. If we can bomb the crap out of enemy ships and ports we'll get lots of prestige and love from the navy.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 30, 2018, 02:55:00 pm »

Is it possible to revise this?
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 30, 2018, 02:58:13 pm »

Last turn:
North: 1 Rhino
Central: 1 Emu, 3 Rhinos, 2 balloons
South: (2?) Emus, 1 Rhino, 2 balloons
5 Rhinos(1P), (3?) Emus, 4 balloons

Now:
North: 1 Rhino-F, 1 balloon
Central: 1 Rhino-F, 1 balloon
South: 2 Rhinos-(F+P), 2 Emus, 1 Great Emu, 2 balloon
PR: 1 Rhino
5 Rhinos(3F, 1P), 2 Emu fighters, 1 Emu bomber, 4 balloons

Changes: 3 Rhinos upgraded to -F, 1 Emu upgraded with better engines.
-F costs 2-3 (MG is 1, our synch gear is 1.5), costing 6 or 9. Likely 6; spending 9 on 3x Rhino upgrades would be insane. Emu engine upgrade cost probably 1-2.

With 5 rhinos(5 maint), 4 balloons(4 maint), 3 emus (2-3 maint, most likely 2. Engine++ might up that to 3), costing 15-16.
We had 25 base, and they're probably not much better on prestige, giving them 9-10 to spend. They may have spent 1 on a design, but otherwise spent everything on upgrades. They're not rushing through a design, but may have had one almost finished from a previous turn.

We have 5 feathers, 4 EFMs, 4 balloons, giving us a faint numbers advantage. However, they have 3 Rhino-Fs, equivalent to 6 armed Feathers. We have 4 (but need them for recon). It's currently balanced out by +2 EFMs-1 bomber EMU.
We have a minor air superiority advantage, giving us more XP in the long run, but their ground support is superior unless we guess correctly in plane assignments. We can no longer safely send out lone feathers to contest an area.
They appear to tend to heavily commit to fewer fronts.

Strategic analysis: We've made significant gains in the center, and they're forced to either majorly invest there or lose all their gains for the war so far, and have their central generals gunning for their demotion. They know we're better at dogfighting, and thus will have to make some new trick (tracer round stealing is almost certain), while probably also focusing production more on air superiority. I'd like to match this, with a heavy focus on central air superiority - Another EFM, TEPs, and revise something for even better dogfighting. Trying again for IN tracer rounds and upping the EFM ROF? Or just a second MG, to match their double MGs on everything? I also propose swapping the Crimson Eagle pilots out to the front, for a middling-experienced squadron. I don't want to upgrade their planes this turn.

We know where they need to send a major force. They are likely to include their ace, and his plane has special paint. We have a rare opportunity to order our own ace to try to shoot him down. Red Baron hunting was a favorite past-time in WW1, after-all.

Other Things of note:
Recon planes give a synergy bonus to bombers (Stated in previous turn).
Wingman assignment is useful, and as more than just a numbers preservation order.
We may fairly safely assign planes generally to the center, rather than divide them between the two threatened central towns.

And a revision proposal, for later:
Quote from: EFM Firepower Upgrade
While the EFM performs quite admirably, the Verusians have upgunned all of their planes. We must do the same to stay competitive. We will add a second type-11 machine gun to our EFMs, linked into the synchronization gear. As this will halve their safe combat time, this will also include simple wedge-shaped propeller reinforcements.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 30, 2018, 03:05:53 pm »

Our Synch gear would need an upgrade to support two MGs. Admittedly, this would also boost the reliability of the gear for both MGs. And it shouldn't be difficult to have a revision to slap on some floats on the Levib for naval bombing purposes.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 30, 2018, 03:10:06 pm »

A thing for the test-pilot-recruitment event:

Bring about a new revolution!
Did you miss out on the Summer Uprising? Didn't get to march in the Autumn Parade? Never fought in the Winter War? Felt left out during Victory Spring? That's okay, because the Kolechian People's Air Force is giving YOU the opportunity to participate in a new revolution! Not against our old tyrannical monarchy, but against the very force of gravity that seeks to confine men to the surface of the earth! Without ever facing enemy fire, you can bring about a new age, soaring above the earth like an angel, doing your part to secure victory for the Motherland against the forces of tyranny!
Together, we shall change air combat forever, discovering new and inventive ways to scour the Verusan scum from the skies!
Glory to Kolechia!

Thoughts?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2018, 05:44:20 am by NUKE9.13 »

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 30, 2018, 03:12:57 pm »

I dunno, they are contributing to the war against the tyranny of monarchy, so that bit's a little inaccurate :P

Might also want to mention the parachutes too. That's a propaganda victory in itself.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 57