Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57

Author Topic: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Summer 1916, Production Phase  (Read 54604 times)

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think three Feathers are better than 1 EFM right now, as in terms of recon the EFM is not vastly superior, and that's what we need them for.
Long Live United Forenia!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, we should phase the feather out of frontline combat. They aren't defenceless though, but they're better used for recon or other tasks.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We could pawn the guns from the camera-mounted feathers and upgrade an EFM.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

I think the new EFMs should go to experienced (ie Rookie) Feather squads, rather than neophytes. Giving TEPs to neophytes doesn't make much sense- there's no need to preserve the experience of pilots who don't have any.

I'm not certain. The problem is that I fear that transition may cost them their lvl.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile

I think the new EFMs should go to experienced (ie Rookie) Feather squads, rather than neophytes. Giving TEPs to neophytes doesn't make much sense- there's no need to preserve the experience of pilots who don't have any.

I'm not certain. The problem is that I fear that transition may cost them their lvl.

IIRC, Cnidaros keeps track of XP on a more granular level than just that; while the switch may cost them their rank, they'll still almost certainly retain a few points of XP, and as such get back up to Rookie status faster than a brand new squad would.
Still, bit of an immediate hit to effectiveness in exchange for getting the Equilibrium squad up to speed a little faster. May or may not be worth the trade off.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Plan B
Quote from: Purchase Plan
27 PP
-13 Maintenance
-3 Dice Spending
= 11 PP
2xEquilibrium Monoplane R9: 10 PP
2xTEP: 1 PP

Quote from: Deployment
Squad 1 (EFM R9, TEP, Ace Piotr): Air superiority over Dreidansk (Kemilov-Dreidansk Road)
Squad 2 (EFM R7, TEP): Air superiority over Dreidansk (Kemilov-Dreidansk Road)
Squad 3 (EFM R9, TEP): Air superiority along Derboise-Demisonne Road
Squad 4 (EFM R7, TEP): Air superiority around Basselton (Basselton-Nadeka Road)
Squad 5 (Feather, LMG): Air superiority along Derboise-Demisonne Road
Squad 6 (Feather, LMG): Air superiority around Basselton (Basselton-Nadeka Road)
New Squad 7 (Feather, LMG, Oracle): Aerial Recon over Dreidansk (Kemilov-Dreidansk Road)
New Squad 8 (Feather, LMG, Oracle): Air Superiority (Aerial Recon if no enemy presence) around Mizogorod

Crimson Eagles (Feather): Keep doing shows

Observer 1: Artillery Spotting along Kemilov-Dreidansk Road
Observer 2: Artillery Spotting along Derboise-Demisonne Road
Observer 3: Artillery Spotting along Basselton-Nadeka Road
Observer 4: Assigned to navy

Alright, so. A few small differences between this and ebbor's plan. New EFMs given to experienced pilots. Only 1 EFM R7 and 1 EFM R9 (avec ace) sent to secure the air over Dreidansk instead of 2 EFM R9s and 2 Feathers. Fighter feathers sent north and south instead. Only one recon unit to Dreidansk, the other sent to Mizogorod- either to defend the airspace if they send bombers (which would be at max range and have little fuel to spare for dogfighting, so even if they send a squad of Emus it won't be a complete loss), or provide recon to help relieve the siege.
Also, specified that we are attacking Dreidansk from Kemilov- if Verusa has any sense, they'll be attacking towards Kemilov themselves, to secure Dreidansk, since if it falls, Estwice falls automagically (unless they manage to take Zydinah and secure a supply route through the forest before we take Dreidansk, but that's unlikely).

This should be enough to satisfy the army that we care about the central front, although if Verusa sends a considerable force there, we are unlikely to make significant progress. Relieving the siege of Mizogorod would give us some breathing room in the south, and one plane on recon duty might be enough to do so. Neither our northern nor southern forces are considerable, meaning this plan is unlikely to result in progress unless Verusa underequips a front. However, all fronts are important this turn- we need to placate the central generals, we need to give them time to fortify Basselton against potential counter-attacks, and we want to maintain our progress towards Demisonne.

Cnidaros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

IIRC, Cnidaros keeps track of XP on a more granular level than just that; while the switch may cost them their rank, they'll still almost certainly retain a few points of XP, and as such get back up to Rookie status faster than a brand new squad would.

This is correct, for squadrons that just made Rookie then are downgraded by switching, you might expect to see them regain Rookie in one or two turns.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We should upgrade our first EFMs with the new engines. It'll mean less TEPs but we can ill afford our EFMs to go in with a subpar speed.

Anyway, focusing on the north in the winter sounds like a bad idea; the weather there needs special consideration in order to make good gains there.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EFMs with sub-par speed are about the equal of the Emu. I'd rather have 2 R9s and 2 R7s than 3 R9s. That said, we could upgrade one of them instead of getting the TEPs; it's not like our pilots were in love with them.

Also, the title of the thread says Early Spring. Our operations were hindered the past two turns, but not brought to a complete halt, and the enemy has the same problems we do. So now that things are starting to thaw out, we should definitely be able to make progress (or stop the enemy from doing the same).

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Knights of the Skies: Kolechia Thread - Early Spring 1915, Design Phase
« Reply #624 on: July 21, 2018, 09:14:33 am »

Nuke's plan:
Squad 4 (EFM R7, TEP): Air superiority around Basselton (Basselton-Nadeka Road)
Squad 6 (Feather, LMG): Air superiority around Basselton (Basselton-Nadeka Road)

Observer 2: Artillery Spotting along Derboise-Demisonne Road

My proposed alternative:
Squad 4 (EFM R7, TEP): Air superiority around Estwice (Estwice-Zydinah Road)
Squad 5 (Feather, LMG): Air superiority around Basselton (Basselton-Nadeka Road)
Squad 6 (Feather, LMG): Squad 5 wingmen

Observer 2: Artillery Spotting along Estwice-Zydinah Road

We've been told there are two possible fronts in the center now. I would rather lose partway by stretching ourselves way too thin than risk outright losing the game because of guessing wrong, and then getting deployments by our idiot army command personnel.
Edit: And spotter moved from north to Estwice, so we're actually pressuring that if they don't show. North is probably still snowy.
Edit2: Derboise is fine, and likely still snowy. I'm switching that EFM with Estwice-Zydinah's feather pair.

Quote from: Plan C
Quote from: Purchase Plan
27 PP
-13 Maintenance
-3 Dice Spending
= 11 PP
2xEquilibrium Monoplane R9: 10 PP
2xTEP: 1 PP

Quote from: Deployment
Squad 1 (EFM R9, TEP, Ace Piotr): Air superiority over Dreidansk (Kemilov-Dreidansk Road)
Squad 2 (EFM R7, TEP): Air superiority over Dreidansk (Kemilov-Dreidansk Road)
Squad 3 (EFM R9, TEP): Air superiority along around Basselton (Basselton-Nadeka Road)
Squad 4 (EFM R7, TEP): Air superiority around Estwice (Estwice-Zydinah Road)
Squad 6 (Feather, LMG): Squad 5 wingmen
New Squad 7 (Feather, LMG, Oracle): Aerial Recon over Dreidansk (Kemilov-Dreidansk Road)
New Squad 8 (Feather, LMG, Oracle): Air Superiority (Aerial Recon if no enemy presence) around Mizogorod

Crimson Eagles (Feather): Keep doing shows

Observer 1: Artillery Spotting along Kemilov-Dreidansk Road
Observer 2: Artillery Spotting along Estwice-Zydinah Road
Observer 3: Artillery Spotting along Basselton-Nadeka Road
Observer 4: Assigned to navy
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 09:27:09 am by Nirur Torir »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quiet weekend. Let's get this votebox up, then.

Quote from: vote for boxing
Plan Ebbor (0):
Plan B (0):
Plan C (1): Nirur

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plan Ebbor (0):
Plan B (0):
Plan C (2): Nirur, Taricus

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Plan Ebbor (0):
Plan B (0):
Plan C (3): Nirur, Taricus, Kashyyk

Khang36

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In terms of plans what fronts are we pushing?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plan Ebbor: Concentrated attack on (or north of?) Dreidansk, with the hopes that that will break Estwice and collapse much of their army.
Plan B: Attack on Dreidansk, but spread things out better on other fronts.
Plan C: Spread out everywhere and contest all the skies. If they make a major push, we'll lose there, but we shouldn't be losing any prestige for ignoring areas. If they ignore anywhere other than the forest, we'll be providing at least light support for pushing there.

Given that we're on thin ice, I am way of ignoring Estwice with the hopes of capturing Dreidansk and cutting it off.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 57