Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread  (Read 6144 times)

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last Argument of Kings OOC-Thread
« Reply #90 on: June 01, 2018, 08:58:12 am »

I’m not in love with the idea or anything. I’m totally okay with having temples/septs/call centers or huts of godly goodness. I think the idea fits in well with past history, but I could see it putting too much power into religion.
Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 01, 2018, 09:02:13 am »

As long as you stay away from the fanatics that build cathedrals everywhere and set up inquisitions and templars, you will be fine.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 01, 2018, 01:30:59 pm »

i want to keep the idea of gods as vague as possible for now so no Divine Intervention Gods like you described chubby. sorry. :P

Anyway, as for discord if someone wants to set one up go right ahead.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 01, 2018, 01:51:26 pm »

Here's a Discord server, then: https://discord.gg/tFgJgTp
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 01, 2018, 04:16:40 pm »

since it went under, sprinkled chariot, while i have no problem with your knight order as such, doing the kind of guerilla warfare, ambush, hit and run stuff you are describing is impossible to pull off in full plate armor. So either go for lighter armor or a different fighting style.

Otherwise you are good to go.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 01, 2018, 04:24:17 pm »

We have plate?

I demand handcannons, now.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 01, 2018, 04:32:47 pm »

since it went under, sprinkled chariot, while i have no problem with your knight order as such, doing the kind of guerilla warfare, ambush, hit and run stuff you are describing is impossible to pull off in full plate armor. So either go for lighter armor or a different fighting style.

Otherwise you are good to go.

Ehm, well, plate armour was mostly for sort of guard duty in palace, public meetings or combat situations actually  requiring it, not for running around in forest.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 01, 2018, 04:48:14 pm »

micelus pre-empted me here, but yeah another tiny but rather glaring problem is that plate is a) expensive and b) somewhat high-tech for middle ages... and we are a) poor and b) backwards, so ceremonial armor is something that would be rather rare at least here in Argas, and ceremonial plate would be something unthinkable. The sheer cost in iron and steel, to produce and outfit people and i assume your knightly order is not just supposed to be composed of a bodyguard detachment for the king?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 01, 2018, 05:20:28 pm »

>reasons why to embark on rampant capitalism
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 02, 2018, 12:55:56 am »

Chainmail sounds fine, I guess ?

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 02, 2018, 09:20:03 am »

Thinking about gods. I reckon the landholders should each come up with a patron god of their capital, and then we can maybe fill in a few others to fill any important niches.
For example:

Orthon: God of hunting, the wild, and carpentry (amongst others). His temples are known as Groves, which are by preference actual groves of ancient trees, but may be artificial, with wooden pillars carved to resemble trees instead. Groves are led by Elders. His festival is in the summer, and involves a grand hunt sponsored by the Grove. He is depicted as a beastman with leaves for hair and limbs resembling gnarled branches.
He is the patron of Kouhald, where a moderately large Grove is dedicated to him. Lesser Groves and shrines to Orthon may be found throughout Argas, in towns and villages dependent on hunting/forestry. He is a moderately popular god in Argas. The greatest of Groves is located elsewhere (in some other remnant of the Old Kingdom which is heaily forested), though pilgrimages to it by even the most fervent of followers are rare.

Not super original, I'll admit. If people would rather have a more... colourful cast of gods, I can come up with something else.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 02, 2018, 09:30:56 am »

>reasons why to embark on rampant capitalism
More like super-serfdom to maximize grain production in absence of industrial tools.

chubby2man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 02, 2018, 05:35:29 pm »

Ladros: God of the Dawn and Sea

Centered in Arg Cais, worship of Ladros involves rising with the sun in the morning and gathering by the sea. Congregations form at shrines on the beach, though the main temple is found on a rocky outcropping into the sea. Worship of Ladros is infrequent outside of the capital, but is fairly common in fishing villages and towns along the coast.

Sindari Immortals Play as an immortal being trying to subvert an evil empire of (for now) stronger immortals. On *very* long term hiatus.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 03, 2018, 03:07:26 am »

Okay just so i have an overview who has posted an application and still hasn't gotten a definitive yes or no from me? IN otherwords who is waiting for replies from me in this here thread?

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 03, 2018, 05:17:45 am »

Okay just so i have an overview who has posted an application and still hasn't gotten a definitive yes or no from me? IN otherwords who is waiting for replies from me in this here thread?

me, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9