Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 119

Author Topic: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!  (Read 138750 times)

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gridhood: Aspects of the Divine!
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2018, 05:15:38 pm »

I am giving you a tile that is basically that now, i just really want to do something cool, i can change most of it to get it to work, primarily by making the giant ones be the main/only thing spawned, and not having them leave the area.
Quote from: evicted Saint on discord
Weaponizing Jesus isn't something you do turn 4
Quote from: Alice on a different discord, to iridium, kind of.
hold on, let me keep blowing kisses at him until he stops
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2018, 05:50:06 pm »

I just want to say, hopefully without compromising GM neutrality too much, that dgr is on the right track.

What I mean is, this is one kind of thing I expect gods to do; that is, use their FP to create tiles or whatever that cause them to gain FP through their Aspect.  So Farsky, aspect of Titans, would be smart to create tiles that create giant or titanic creatures, since he could theoretically gain FP when its creatures cause "events".

If Farsky just wants to help the Jotun, it would indeed be cheaper to simply create a fertile tile they can access.  But that might not cause "events" that trigger his Aspect.  All I'm saying is, he's on the right track, and other gods might want to think similarly.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2018, 05:51:16 pm »

I think a tundra tile with mammoths might work. Granted, I'm the one with a magical race. Thank you Blarg for giving us more land.

Also, my people are alright where they are correct?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 05:55:20 pm by TricMagic »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2018, 05:55:33 pm »

Yes, Exactly, AND CAN NOBODY SEE THAT I AM GIVING THEM A DIFFERENT TILE THIS TURN, ONE THAT IS ACTUALLY USEFUL FOR THEM.
This is also the reason i made them demihumans, to entice mabel to help me make it, since it would give her FP too.
And why I am doing a tile that spawns giant monsters specifically is
1. because it is really cool
and 2. because the beasts are hard to kill and will thus offer a challenge to those who would attempt to best them and gain their power. Though i will remove the smaller monsters and just go with it spawning giant monsters from time to time.
My Power armor arms race

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2018, 06:17:03 pm »

Yes, Exactly, AND CAN NOBODY SEE THAT I AM GIVING THEM A DIFFERENT TILE THIS TURN, ONE THAT IS ACTUALLY USEFUL FOR THEM.

I did not notice your action because it was edited.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2018, 09:29:30 pm »

Turn 3

Noteworthy tiles:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Godly actions of note:
For 5 FP, Farsky creates a grove of large trees that forever bear fruit at C4!
Blarg creates a mangrove forest at J1, and a swamp at J2.
Malvol creates a plains at I4.
For 3 FP, Nagas replaces the tundra at B3 with a desert!  Then he creates a swamp at I7.
Farsky's and Mabel's attempt at creating a tile fails with no loss of FP.  However, it prods the GM into creating new rules!

New rules created!

Gods can now gift FP to other gods!

Gods can now do Divine Projects!  A Divine Project is a tile, artifact, or creature that probably has a high FP requirement.  Give the DP a unique name, describe it, and add at least 1 FP to the project.  Other gods can add FP to the project if they want, and FP can be added on the same turn that the project is created.  The project persists until it has the required FP to be created.  Nothing is created in the world until the DP gets the required FP.  You may ask the GM how much your project will cost, and the GM will give an approximate amount, if he's feeling generous!  Attempts at spamming pointless projects might have unfortunate consequences!

Artifacts and creatures can be created with FP!  The rules are similar to the creation of tiles.  You must specify the tile where they are created.

Civilization actions:

The People
2 workers forage for food at H4 and find 3 food.
2 workers research simple hunting traps.
1 worker prays to Nagas.
3 food is consumed to create one worker.

The Jotun Oligarchy
3 workers forage for food at D4 and find 4 food.
3 workers forage for food at D3 and find 8 food.

The Xekarni
3 workers research primitive weapons, and the research is completed!
3 workers forage for food at H5 and find 6 food.

Orassan Empire emerges at B3!
2 workers forage for food at the tundra at B3 and find 4 food.
1 worker forages for food at B4 and finds 3 food.
2 workers research Tool Usage.
Orassan Empire's homeland has been converted to desert!  This is a traumatic event!  Orassan Empire can now relocate their home to a tile within 2 tiles if they want, but will lose all their housing! 

Dipnoi Republic
1 worker prays to Nagas.
2 workers research Herbalism.
2 workers forage for food at I6 and find 4 food.  Blarg, god of Swamps gains 1 FP!
3 food is consumed to created 1 worker.

Cait Sith emerges at K1!  Blarg, god of Swamps is almost interested, but the tile is not quite a swamp.
2 researchers research Primitive Spear-Making.
3 workers forage for food at K1 and find 5 food.

Potato Pirates stagnate.

Civilization status:

Godly status:

Techs known to all:
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 09:58:23 pm by Zazmio »

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2018, 09:39:45 pm »

Dipnoi Republic

1 worker prays to Nagas: "More swamps?! Praise Nagas!"
2 workers research Herbalism
1 worker forages for Food at I6
2 workers forage for Food at I7
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 09:42:47 pm by Nakéen »

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 26, 2018, 09:41:36 pm »

Mabel Godess of Demihumans
Commence working on an Artifact, Seed of Ice. If it is tended by a worker, it will convert whatever tile it is located in into a cold-weather variant of itself over time. This artifact will be created at B4.
No. I would prefer to help, but frankly, I am overextending myself. I need to commence working on my own projects. If they pray to me, I will happily convert empty space near them into more cold regions, but I need to spend my energy on projects pertaining to my own domain.
Create a Frozen Demihuman Forest at B3 for 5FP, All people born there will be hybrids of both humanity and the species best pertaining to their personality.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 03:34:30 pm by Lenglon »
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 26, 2018, 10:05:36 pm »

Farsky acts
He starts a divine project on the land of falling stars at d5, he puts 2 fp into it (warning, wall of text, want to make sure I get the idea across, how much would this cost roughly? Wait, no that is too ambitious
Spoiler: write up here (click to show/hide)
Instead He begins work on something simpler, a project for a mecha robot factory at H3, It's simple enough, it makes mechs, I am not particular what kind, and it does so automatically. He puts 2 FP into it, the mechs should be custom made for whoever enters it, being able to operate them effectively.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 10:21:47 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 26, 2018, 10:09:07 pm »

I forgot to indicate the Orassan and Cait Sith home tiles on the map.  Will do in the next update.

Zazmio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 26, 2018, 10:25:54 pm »

Farsky acts
He starts a divine project on the land of falling stars, he puts 2 fp into it (warning, wall of text, want to make sure I get the idea across, how much would this cost roughly?

Spoiler: write up here (click to show/hide)
I appreciate your enthusiasm, and you are on the right track.  However, I suggest cutting down on the details, because, in addition to making it a hard to read wall of text, it's also hard to tell flavor text from attributes that add to the power.  This version seems just about the same as the last version, with some minor changes.  I would guess 25-35 FP right now.  Maybe you could try simplifying that description a bit.

edit:  also, don't forget the tile coords
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:28:35 pm by Zazmio »

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 26, 2018, 10:29:16 pm »

I simplified it a bit, am working on simplifying some more, Simplified a bunch more.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 10:31:28 pm by dgr11897 »
My Power armor arms race

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 26, 2018, 10:36:37 pm »

I suggest not putting the description in colored text, too! You could also make a summary of desired traits for your location in the form of a list.

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 26, 2018, 10:40:56 pm »

The Jotun Oligarchy continues their foraging. They expand their civilization to increase their collective strength and honor their patron gods at the same time. Unconcerned about the possibility of depleting the resources of trees that forever bear fruit, they focus their efforts on a single tile to both protect it from rival civilizations and discover if it shares the same diminishing returns that a regular tile has.

(ooh. This game is updating quickly. Keep up the good work!)

Spoiler: Action Post (click to show/hide)

I have a question. If primitive buildings only require "1 worker" to make, does that mean it always takes 1 worker's action to make one regardless of any tools or traits they may have that can increase labor output?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2018, 12:18:04 am by Supernerd »
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

dgr11897

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: May 26, 2018, 10:44:14 pm »

I have once again updated it, i changed the color back to normal and added a list of desired traits.
My Power armor arms race
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 119