Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37

Author Topic: Conspiracy Theories: The Reread The Civility Clause Thread  (Read 46517 times)

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theories: The Kennedy Got Capped Thread
« Reply #240 on: June 02, 2018, 05:14:24 am »

It's not testing a bomb to see if it can go off. It's testing a stick to see if it can have just one end.

In the stone age, before advancements in glassblowing and the invention of the Klein bottle, there was only the Klein stick.

Irrelevent but it reminds me that in the book "Belgarath the Sorcerer" one of the characters, Beldin, gives children he has to mind a one ended stick to keep them amused.
Reminds me of the book 1984, where everyone listens to 'big brother', and '2+2=fish', Thus the comparison to the one ended stick. They are kept amused by the psychological state, and the propoganda it propogates in the book..And the protagonist, if I remember it correctly, goes through his past where he went down the rabbit hole, thus he tested the stick?
« Last Edit: June 02, 2018, 05:16:16 am by x2yzh9 »

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: June 02, 2018, 05:19:08 am »

In my mind, a "one ended stick" would look like a doughnut on the end of a stick.

O---

redwallzyl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: June 02, 2018, 08:16:51 am »

It's not testing a bomb to see if it can go off. It's testing a stick to see if it can have just one end.

In the stone age, before advancements in glassblowing and the invention of the Klein bottle, there was only the Klein stick.

Irrelevent but it reminds me that in the book "Belgarath the Sorcerer" one of the characters, Beldin, gives children he has to mind a one ended stick to keep them amused.
I loved that book. It was as I recall a really knotted stick. Sort of like having a massive tangle of strong and trying to find the ends when there is only one.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Conspiracy Theories:The One-ended Stick Thread
« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2018, 08:26:35 am »

Like a Mobius stick. But end rather than side.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2018, 09:47:07 am »

Reminds me of the book 1984, where everyone listens to 'big brother', and '2+2=fish', Thus the comparison to the one ended stick. They are kept amused by the psychological state, and the propoganda it propogates in the book..And the protagonist, if I remember it correctly, goes through his past where he went down the rabbit hole, thus he tested the stick?
This would be even quite funny if you were bragging about your sexual prowess. How you can make all fiftyllion Kardashians come instantly. But you shan't, because it would be immoral to risk them exploding.
While anyone ridiculing your claims' dodgy relationship with reality is an agent of an imaginary totalitarian oppressive regime playing mind-tricks to stifle the upcoming sexual revolution.

You know what, I'm going to read every further post of yours like it's just that.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2018, 11:07:23 am »

X2yzh9 may be deranged, but I think you're reading too much in that last post.  I daresay he had switched topics from his amateur telepathy experiments already, and he was truly just thinking about 1984
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2018, 01:40:13 am »

X2yzh9 may be deranged, but I think you're reading too much in that last post.  I daresay he had switched topics from his amateur telepathy experiments already, and he was truly just thinking about 1984
Let us not refer to people as deranged. This impolite, sir.

That said, I agree that psychology experimental methodology would work best. Such methodology is derived from consent usually.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:44:02 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 03, 2018, 02:04:15 am »

Well, I tried x2yzh9's method with a friend over lunch. It didn't work in the slightest, but I did record the results to verify that statistically.

If we sprout one-ended psychic nuclear eyearms, I guess I have only my minimal experimental rigor to blame.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 03, 2018, 03:31:32 am »

Well, I tried x2yzh9's method with a friend over lunch. It didn't work in the slightest, but I did record the results to verify that statistically.

If we sprout one-ended psychic nuclear eyearms, I guess I have only my minimal experimental rigor to blame.
If you sprout one-ended psychic nuclear eyearms, you have done a wonderful thing.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2018, 01:08:32 pm »

New topic to consider: my personal conspiracy theory. Stuff like yanny/laurel and that Goddamn dress are gov't experiments intended to quantify people based on their perception of reality.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 03, 2018, 01:14:38 pm »

Conspiracy theories are produced and disseminated to teach people to be dismissive about all such ideas - in order to hide the one true conspiracy in plain sight.
It could be anything. Any single CT could be the real deal. Even this one.

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 03, 2018, 01:18:03 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:38:30 pm by dragdeler »
let

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 03, 2018, 01:19:53 pm »

To anybody who fiddled with electronic music, that yanni/laurel thing was a pure non-topic, more banal than that and you'd be telling me people have different tastes.

The yanni/laurel thing turned out to be due to differences in pitch sensitivity. If you go find pitch-altered versions anyone can hear either one. However anyone who heard Yanny is just wrong. Wrongity-wrong-wrong-wrong. The original recording was clearly Laurel, and "Yanny" was just some unfortunate distortion effect. Put there by the space lizard illuminati to destroy the internet.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 01:27:37 pm by Reelya »

dragdeler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 03, 2018, 02:09:35 pm »

-snip-
« Last Edit: January 18, 2019, 01:38:22 pm by dragdeler »
let

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: June 03, 2018, 02:30:05 pm »

Is the single end of the one-ended stick considered "the short end of the stick"?
I consume
I purchase
I consume again
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37