Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Customs Agents: Tradeblockade, 44.11 [SP LP] (Formerly Penal Camp)  (Read 9235 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Penal Camp/Caste Colony
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2018, 06:26:20 am »

Might I suggest that all the children stay in the dirt caste? Sure it's dangerous, but it will toughen them up, and once they're twelve, they have a chance of advancing to another caste, pretty movielike  :)
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2018, 08:33:28 am »

Tetrahedrite IS iron, isn't it? Can't remember, but any basic metal will do :p

Nope. It's copper and 20% silver. Magnetite, Hematite, one other I can't remember, and goblinite are the ones of iron. So probably going to have to wait for that. Should be able to import enough casserite for bronze...

Copper will do, and Silver's better for hammers because of the weight so whatever we can get a hold of I'll forge with xD as long as we set some silver aside for minting coins anyway

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2018, 09:23:08 am »

Might I suggest that all the children stay in the dirt caste? Sure it's dangerous, but it will toughen them up, and once they're twelve, they have a chance of advancing to another caste, pretty movielike  :)

That was the plan. Although it's most likely they'll be in the Dirt Caste or only move to Stone Caste if they get moods. Or we can put them into whatever caste the family members are in, after spending as much of 12 years as possible in the Dirt Caste as a rite of passage.

Tetrahedrite IS iron, isn't it? Can't remember, but any basic metal will do :p

Nope. It's copper and 20% silver. Magnetite, Hematite, one other I can't remember, and goblinite are the ones of iron. So probably going to have to wait for that. Should be able to import enough casserite for bronze...

Copper will do, and Silver's better for hammers because of the weight so whatever we can get a hold of I'll forge with xD as long as we set some silver aside for minting coins anyway

Yeah. XD I'm thinking of making the basic Metal caste stuff be copper, Nobility stuff be silver, and then the O7 and ruler shall be gold? And weapon and armor Smiths get bronze once the Stone caste military is set up. Blacksmiths and metalcrafters shall be stuck with copper.
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2018, 10:25:15 am »

Yeah. XD I'm thinking of making the basic Metal caste stuff be copper, Nobility stuff be silver, and then the O7 and ruler shall be gold? And weapon and armor Smiths get bronze once the Stone caste military is set up. Blacksmiths and metalcrafters shall be stuck with copper.

Wait.. you can decide what dwarves wear what stuff? I made an jewel-adamantine Adamantine crown for a King in another world and couldn't figure out how to make the bleeder wear it xD

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2018, 11:06:44 am »

Wait.. you can decide what dwarves wear what stuff? I made an jewel-adamantine Adamantine crown for a King in another world and couldn't figure out how to make the bleeder wear it xD

If you put them in a squad, you can very much make them wear specific things. But I'm talking about furniture, paving the floor with metal, etc. etc.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2018, 12:30:39 pm »

Ahh right :P I'll have to try that, here's hoping His Highness keeps hold of the crown afterward.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2018, 12:53:30 pm »

Ahh right :P I'll have to try that, here's hoping His Highness keeps hold of the crown afterward.

Yup. :P Too bad it's not an artifact crown.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2018, 01:59:16 pm »

MoReChExAf;
27 Galena Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
-----------------------------------------------------------
   Little to report for the past month until today. Just digging, farming, building the compound's walls and trying to figure out how big to make it in the end. Today however, the miners reported warm stone. We have reached the magma sea, but missed the third cavern layer. I will have them dig exploratory tunnels along the shaft in order to find it. We cannot commence building of the Stone Caste or Metal Caste's layers until all three caverns are found!

MoReChExAf;
10 Limestone Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
---------------------------------------------------------------
   Please tell the merchants to not come quite as soon next year. We were not ready for them. Ten days into autumn, seriously! They must have been very eager to see how the staging grounds are progressing, because we had to scramble to get the depot up and even some goods produced for them.

I do have another complaint about the fact they didn't wait until the depot was made. Oh well. Next year we will hopefully have the depot in its proper place. Deep under the ground.

MoReChExAf;
13 Limestone Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
---------------------------------------------------------------
   We have dug into the magma sea and observed some of its shape. A magma pipe extends a fair ways up. Maybe to the third cavern layer? We shall see. The exploratory tunnels have been designated, hopefully they will yield results soon. I would like to get out of the rain and dirt to the proper location of the deep underground as soon as possible.

*quickly scribbled into the margins*
Why in Armok's beard hasn't that depot been completed yet!? I knew the prisoners are near useless and trying to sabotage us, but they'll die anyway if they try this!

MoReChExAf;
3 Sandstone Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
--------------------------------------------------------------
   Finally, the damn depot has been completed. Almost a month after I set it to be built and it was designed! That took far too long. They are certainly trying to sabotage us still.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MoReChExAf;
4 Sandstone Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
-------------------------------------------------------------
   The traders have begun unloading their goods into our depot and I've seen some new prisoners and caste members arriving myself. Not very many of them, only 4 this time.

MoReChExAf;
5 Sandstone Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
   The traders have announced they will be leaving soon. That's why those bastard dirt caste members were delaying. They cut it too close! I will make sure that there won't be enough food for all of them. At most two plump helmets per season per prisoner should be enough to keep them hungry but not starve to death. If not, oh well. They're worthless. Just like the dirt that they're named after. Actually, that's an insult to dirt. Dirt is useful for as disgusting as it is. It allows us to make booze. They try to keep us from making booze.

MoReChExAf;
27 Sandstone Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
   I am happy to announce that Vabok and I have gotten our Marriage License approved of by the Chancellor of Family Affairs. Thank you, Sir, for granting us your patronage in submitting the application.
Onto what we have traded, a measly two wooden crafts and some booze for some cheese. We shall have better trade goods next year for sure.

MoReChExAf;
27 Moonstone Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
   The river has finally frozen over. If it is a short freeze, that will be fine for the prisoners. If not, I suppose I should build them a well underground...

MoReChExAf;
10 Opal Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
--------------------------------------------------------
  Armoks beard! No booze! Who the hell stopped making booze!? I'll have them hammered! It's been at least a month since the booze went dry! I should have been keeping track of the stocks, but I've been so busy I forgot to make a makeshift office for myself. Damndamndamn. Everyone is pissed now, including the Dirt Caste. Which is a minor problem when you're currently living among them on the surface.

WARDEN! GET BREWING!

MoReChExAf;
7 Obsidian Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
------------------------------------------------------------
   The river has thawed at last. The prisoners should be capable of lasting that length of time. We shall see. If not, I will build them a well only to be unlocked when the river freezes.

So the crisis has been mostly averted, but they will still probably be stressed out and annoyed over the lack of booze. It has been rectified, and is going up however.

MoReChExAf;
10 Obsidian Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
   I was just told that one of the prisoners refuses to work because they're "too depressed". I told them to get back to work because they are a prisoner. They have no say in what they can do. Only I do, and that is carried out through the warden.

MoReChExAf;
10 Obsidian Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
   Due to the lack of barrels, and the fact we shall not have wooden barrels or bins in the lower layers, I have ordered the creation of a couple colbaltite rock pots. And I'm thinking of making the entrance out of blocks of the same stone. It is a nice, soft blue.

Yearly Report to Chancellor of External Affairs
1 Granite Y36: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
   One year has passed, so here is the yearly report of the fortress. I shall include sketches of the staging ground so far.

Here is the wealth from this past year.

And the census of this past year.

(OOC: Can someone tell me how to turn off the clearing of yearly deaths every time the game starts through LNP?)

Here are the list of notable individuals' files.

Imic's (Rough Stone Guild Master) current psychological profile.
Imic's current relationship profile.

comicraider's (SubChancellor of Smithing) current psychological profile.
comicraider's current relationship profile.

GPeter's (Dirt Caste Warden) current psychological profile.
GPeter's current relationship profile.

And my own current psychological profile, as is ordered.
And my own current relationships profile, as is ordered.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 25, 2018, 02:14:42 pm »

I do love how by sheer coincidence any dwarf named Comicraider in any comminity/succession game has always been female xD I became the queen in my own game without realising.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 25, 2018, 02:28:57 pm »

I do love how by sheer coincidence any dwarf named Comicraider in any comminity/succession game has always been female xD I became the queen in my own game without realising.

Lol. If I'm remembering DT right, you are either a lesbian or bi because I'm pretty sure our hammerdorf is a female too.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2018, 02:41:43 pm »

...I am completely okay with this xD

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2018, 03:05:16 pm »

...I am completely okay with this xD

Good. Because I'm quite tempted to get you two together. :P

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2018, 03:34:15 pm »

I want to be dorfed
Auze - Male - Scholar and/or doctor.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2018, 04:20:35 pm »

I want to be dorfed

You're in luck! We have both an intellectual and a doctor! Which would you like? Lolor Delerib or Ingish Abanalath?

auzewasright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2018, 06:46:29 pm »

I want to be dorfed

You're in luck! We have both an intellectual and a doctor! Which would you like? Lolor Delerib or Ingish Abanalath?
I'll take the... intellectual. Though I would like to get him some experience in doctoring.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6