Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Customs Agents: Tradeblockade, 44.11 [SP LP] (Formerly Penal Camp)  (Read 9247 times)

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
Re: Penal Camp/Caste Colony
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2018, 02:48:38 pm »

Stone Caste meber showing up, I want to be an engraver, pls

Alright. Want a generic mook Fine Stone Guild member with high chance of death? (As in partaking in military duties), or the Guild Leader with slightly less chance of death? (As in no military training)
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 03:23:52 pm »

Actually, I changed my mind, I like danger, I laught at the face of danger, I want to be leader of the Wood Caste!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2018, 03:37:37 pm »

Actually, I changed my mind, I like danger, I laught at the face of danger, I want to be leader of the Wood Caste!

You want to be the Warden? Alright. Since they're not taken, that can easily be arranged (with much grumbling about paperwork), and you probably won't be doing much fighting as them. Since he's an O7 noble. But when I get steel up and running, you'll be one of the first outfitted with it as well as a Silver Whip fitting of your station, just to keep you safer than the rest.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2018, 03:40:54 pm »

You want to be the Warden? Alright. Since they're not taken, that can easily be arranged (with much grumbling about paperwork), and you probably won't be doing much fighting as them. Since he's an O7 noble. But when I get steel up and running, you'll be one of the first outfitted with it as well as a Silver Whip fitting of your station, just to keep you safer than the rest.

If by the Warden, you mean, living in the Dirt Caste, but with good equipment, I would love that!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2018, 04:28:14 pm »

If by the Warden, you mean, living in the Dirt Caste, but with good equipment, I would love that!

Well, the warden gets a O7 style room, so super fancy and yadda yadda, but it's just placed near the surface (in the upper rock layers). If you want to live in the dirt, drink only raw plump helmets/starve half the time and have no booze, that's also an option. All Dirt Caste will be in the military and if they get a kill, they'll be put in their own separate squad as a 'Guard' with better equipment. Possibly artifact bone stuff...

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2018, 08:41:29 pm »

Well, the warden gets a O7 style room, so super fancy and yadda yadda, but it's just placed near the surface (in the upper rock layers). If you want to live in the dirt, drink only raw plump helmets/starve half the time and have no booze, that's also an option. All Dirt Caste will be in the military and if they get a kill, they'll be put in their own separate squad as a 'Guard' with better equipment. Possibly artifact bone stuff...

Nah... I'll be a warden then.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2018, 12:23:43 am »

Alrighty! :3 I'll hopefully have the year finished and get to posting it today...

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2018, 04:09:57 pm »

Preliminary Report to Chancellor of External Affairs;
12 Granite Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Supplies have all been gathered for the trip, as have the 7 Architects, including myself. I include a list of the supplies, you have already seen the list of others I have picked.

This will be more than enough to reach our goal. It is not very far from the furthest south stronghold we have, so we do not need to pack much more. We leave tomorrow. It should not take us longer than a day.

Monthly Report to ChExAf;
14 Granite Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
------------------------------------------------------------

My only complaint is that I wasn't given the forms for the name in time to get my own approved of. 'Toolclinch'. Such an odd name. Well, we shall make do.
I will include a sketch of the land on the next page. From what I have seen, this place will be perfect for the prison. They have plenty of fresh water to drink so they won't die of thirst, the dirt is deep, so plenty of farms. Plenty of trees for them to make themselves useful with. Yes. This was a wonderful place. I can only imagine the quality of stone and metals that lie beneath the disgusting, grainy and green surface. The land to the north and west has more hills than I would like, but I suppose I could make the compound go up a few levels. The prisoners deserve as little stone as possible. We will commence digging for the caverns and magma sea as quickly as possible, and the Warden will start cutting down all the trees. We need as much wood as we can get, both for the early walls, and for everything we'll need later. And to make those damn hippies as mad as possible. Let them come and smash their numbers upon our unbreakable resolve so that it will be easier for us to crush them and burn their precious forests to the ground later! ETERNAL VICTORY! Ahem. Sorry. I got carried away there.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

MoReChExAf;
29 Granite Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
-----------------------------------------------------------
   Well, it didn't take too long for the first cavern to be found. Hopefully we will find the rest with such ease. We cannot begin the creation of the Stone Caste's layer until all three caverns and the magma sea are found. Hopefully that will not take too much longer...

MoReChExAf;
5 Felsite Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
---------------------------------------------------------
   I am regretful that I became busy with sketching out ideas for the various layers that I forgot to make sure our sole miner, Imic, was capable of getting out of the holes I instructed him to dig. A few days ago I was told he had become trapped in the channel I ordered him to dig for what was going to be the caravan and main entrance to the lower parts of the fortress. He nearly starved. I told him to dig deeper to get to stone and build a ramp once he collected a piece. He has manged to get out now after building the item and I do believe making our entrance out of colbaltite will look quite nice...

MoReChExAf;
15 Felsite Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
----------------------------------------------------------
   Today has been quite...interesting. If the reports are to be believed, the second cavern layer has a patch of the wonderweapon metal, Adamantine!

This is an amazing discovery! We can outfit our RPB (Razpe Pillage Burn) troops with the best armor and weapons known to dwarven kind. The elves, goblins, and humans will be completely outmatched! It will have to wait until the Metal Caste quarters are in place though. Can't have the prisoners stealing any.

MoReChExAf;
22 Hematite Y35: From Your Servant, Speciesunkn0wn.
--------------------------------------------------------------
   The rest of the month was uneventful until now. The temporary walls are slowly being built and I've sent our military dwarves to train on the hapless wildlife. All the better to piss off the elves. But today, today constructions will go faster! Migrants! I will sort them quickly. 8 dwarves; 3 children, 3 dirt caste, 1 rough stone guild member and 1 metalsmith. This is a great day. The children...we will see where they end up.

-----------------------
OOC: I will post the rest of the year tomorrow. I need to get up early and it's getting late. :/ Sorry.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2018, 04:42:13 pm »

We found Adamantine already? Praise the miners Motherland!

Here's hoping I can grind by smithing some crappy Iron stuff while it gets processed, our men must wield only the finest weaponry if it is made of metals of that caliber.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2018, 08:00:21 pm »

We found Adamantine already? Praise the miners Motherland!

Here's hoping I can grind by smithing some crappy Iron stuff while it gets processed, our men must wield only the finest weaponry if it is made of metals of that caliber.

Yeah. Caught me by surprise too. Hopefully there's iron on the map. Might need to poke around the top left corner of the map since there's a different biome over there with both deep and shallow metals besides just deep. Lots of tetrahedrite so far.

comicraider

• Bay Watcher
  • The only person who cares about Tales from Entar
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 24, 2018, 08:20:50 pm »

Tetrahedrite IS iron, isn't it? Can't remember, but any basic metal will do :p

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 24, 2018, 11:17:03 pm »

Tetrahedrite IS iron, isn't it? Can't remember, but any basic metal will do :p

Nope. It's copper and 20% silver. Magnetite, Hematite, one other I can't remember, and goblinite are the ones of iron. So probably going to have to wait for that. Should be able to import enough casserite for bronze...

Spriggans

• Bay Watcher
  • Mushrooms eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2018, 03:15:54 am »

I really like the idea ! :D

You made me want to start a separate fort of my own :)

How will you contain the dwarves of each castes, so they don't mix ?
If you quarantine the stone/metal castes, how will you send the super skilled/stuffed soldiers to attack (if you ever at all want the stone/metal guys to fight) ?

Lastly, one suggestion about food :
The surface "Dirt Land", gathers food (farms, hunting, butchering), and eats 25% of that; raw.
The remaining 75% are sent down (via minecart or hatch) to Stone layer ("Crafter Town" ?). They get to cook it. This is what Crafter Town does, it refines stuffs. Crafter Town can then eat some meals, but must send the best prepared meals down into the Metal caste.
Thus, Metal caste does nothing, but depends on the surface (which is always Fun).
Same thing for booze. Surface drinks water. Crafter town turns plants into booze, and Metal caste does nothing but drinks it all ^^

EDIT : You may dorf me as a lone fisherdwarf (Surface, obviously. Pregnant Female preferred)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2018, 03:19:44 am by Spriggans »
[ETHIC:MURDERING_DWARVES:UNTHINKABLE]
[ETHIC:CUTTING_TREES:REQUIRED]
[ETHIC:USING_EXPLOITS:JUSTIFIED_IF_GOOD_REASON]

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2018, 03:22:15 am »

I would like to be dwarfed as a member of the dirt cast.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2018, 04:02:35 am »

I really like the idea ! :D

You made me want to start a separate fort of my own :)

How will you contain the dwarves of each castes, so they don't mix ?
If you quarantine the stone/metal castes, how will you send the super skilled/stuffed soldiers to attack (if you ever at all want the stone/metal guys to fight) ?

Lastly, one suggestion about food :
The surface "Dirt Land", gathers food (farms, hunting, butchering), and eats 25% of that; raw.
The remaining 75% are sent down (via minecart or hatch) to Stone layer ("Crafter Town" ?). They get to cook it. This is what Crafter Town does, it refines stuffs. Crafter Town can then eat some meals, but must send the best prepared meals down into the Metal caste.
Thus, Metal caste does nothing, but depends on the surface (which is always Fun).
Same thing for booze. Surface drinks water. Crafter town turns plants into booze, and Metal caste does nothing but drinks it all ^^

EDIT : You may dorf me as a lone fisherdwarf (Surface, obviously. Pregnant Female preferred)

I'll be using Alerts. :3 glad you like the idea! And I'll be sure to dorf. Dirt Caste only eats raw plump helmets and drinks water. Everything else gets tossed down to the lower levels through minecart QSPs.

I would like to be dwarfed as a member of the dirt cast.

I'll do that too! We've got a few Dirt Caste. 19 dorfs, only 6 names now.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6