Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55

Author Topic: Mostly Vanilla Mafia: Gameover. The Smoke! It's In The Smoke! Was It Worth It?  (Read 91878 times)

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mostly Vanilla Mafia(11/11): Day 1: Time Drags On...
« Reply #315 on: July 02, 2018, 10:25:49 am »

If I may say (@Moony), in this hallowed hue: it might not even be necessary, so don't worry about that. Unless you're using it as meta-play, in which case you're not helping your cause and game integrity. I don't think a replacement could even benefit much from the sympathetic bounce-back as they get cut some slack from having to take over your posotion unless they're a Perry Mason/Horace Rumpole sort.

(Hiya. As a non-'advisory' personal meta-note, I'm giving myself three hours of other stuff to do, then nose-to-the-grindstone on finishing that epic re-read from page 9 all the way to (at least) this point. I don't think there's much to say, my vote (any which way) won't be useful given what I've currently got mentally tallied and I have no insight that needs desperate sharing right now (nothing that hasn't already been proven wrong that I also want to share) so don't expect much. But expect me to say something, even if it's to confirm that I have nothing (more) currently to say as I keep pace with the day's countdown. And this bit is non-green and ()ed because it's still totally open to be meta-argued with in 'normal' terms, not as a green-item discussion.)

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: July 02, 2018, 10:35:32 am »

Right. Moony, being swapped out won't work. And we are about to get a night cycle at the end of day anyway.

Being swapped at this point... It's the twilight of day 1, approaching twilight anyway.

Being swapped doesn't really change the fact that as a player, he has been trying to get us to see him as useful. Despite nothing useful coming out of him.

And even now, BHK & Moony keep their vote on me. I'm the only one they voted Day 1. No one else.

We still have almost 30 hours to decide on a lynch Tric, that's plenty of time. Although I do find it interesting that both BHK and Moony requested a replacement after getting voted by several people.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: July 02, 2018, 10:40:18 am »

You know this constant “but her emails BHK and Moony!” thing isn’t really doing anything for you, right? All you’re doing is attacking the people that are attacking you.

You have three neutral (presumably null?) people in your reads list here, I’d like to see you put some effort into sorting them out, regardless of how likely you feel they are to respond between now and day end. Even if they don’t, you’ll have at least one flip from the lynch today and the unanswered questions from today to serve as a foundation for D2 play.

PPE: what’s interesting about it juicebox? You getting any insights into alignment(s)?

Also someone Tric said was neutral, sort away man :P
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: July 02, 2018, 10:41:06 am »

Also @Starver:

Who are the two players you think are most likely to be scum, after your read through?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: July 02, 2018, 10:41:31 am »

And also the two players you think are most likely town.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: July 02, 2018, 11:15:03 am »

I am drained from this.

Mafia Part 3 starts here

This will be all for now. Probably should make a read list quickly.

* hector13: Probable Town- Active, hunting, and voted for me. That counts for a lot with the rest, logic included, I am suspicious to most people. Unvoting me also counts.

* Starver: Scum/Slight Neutral- Lowest on my list, he has been participating rather well. Moony could learn from him.

* blueturtle1134: Probable Town/Likely- Active and Logical. Has also been posting. Currently Voting BHK, and was one of the first to vote for him, multiple times.

TricMagic: Modified Miller|Gunsmith-{What's someone who hands out a gun named?}

* IcyTea31: Likely Town- I just have a feel for him. The fact that BHK copied off his list makes this even more likely if BHK is mafia.

* BlackHeartKabal: Personal Vote for Day 1- A small skit.
TM: "Hey Everyone, I'm the Miller"

IcyT: "How do I know you're not one of the Mafia?"

BHK: "Mafia! Lynch the Mafia! There can be no other course!"
BHK: "MM is a good guy though. IcyT said I think so."

MM:" I think we need more than that. Lynching him will only tell us if he's lying."

BHK: "You're an Idiot, and I can't convince you. My Plan is Best."

{May not accurately reflect true feelings, this is just a comedy skit}

* juicebox the Jester Said he was the Jester after the Gun offering, and voted for me. Leaning toward neutral on him. Most of my Scum suspicions falls on that every-steady-vote.

* MoonyTheHuman: Personal vote for Day 1- No info whatsoever. Everyone thinks so. I had to stick my neck out to gt him to bite. And he has no info other than me pushing him to participate. It's only now that people can make a read on him. Very Scum behavior.

* mightymushroom: If BHK falls Mafia, he's town or a brilliant actor. Town-read right now.

* darkwarlock3: Null/Town-lean- Reasons may just check out, and I already have enough Mafiso to check out.

* Maximum Spin: Probable Town. Kinda like Hector. In every way as above. Wouldn't surprise me if at least one of them was mafia, but both? Well, I trust them for now.

No ninja, amazing!

Because why not.
Neutral People: ?None of them are neutral right no, but some lean towards it. Neutral means they are on neither side from my lead. Everyone on this list has a side of the fence they are on right now, So no true Neutral-Reads here.

Null: No info whatsoever. BWarlock is here, though he leans town to me. We'll see once he starts posting.. Warlock~POST!

Probable Town: Probably town, by my read. Turtle is likely, but not there yet.
Likely Town: IcyTea is Likely Town. Highest you can go beyond confirmed town.

Scum vs Vote for Day #: VfD canidates are those I will vote to lynch that day. The rest are ones who are read as scum. I only have 4 on the list, and Joker is one down. Starver is nearly to neutral read for me though.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: July 02, 2018, 11:22:19 am »

Hey, here's something fun.

Everyone post your read on yourself. Like, your objective opinion on what we should think of you, from an outsider's perspective. Like, I'll go first:

Blueturtle: Likely town. Long gaps between posts and sudden wagon changes are suspicious, but mostly makes logical decisions.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: July 02, 2018, 11:26:14 am »

TricMagic: Miller, says he's Honest, but there's no way that's true. Posts are very suspicious.{Cause he's the miller}

Really though. I post what I think.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: July 02, 2018, 12:57:00 pm »

Likely Town: IcyTea is Likely Town. Highest you can go beyond confirmed town.
Are you saying that just because I've been defending you? You admit that you've only got a "feel for me"; that shouldn't be enough for you to be so certain.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: July 02, 2018, 01:00:41 pm »

No. More your play reads town to me.

That and I'm pretty sure that if BHK ends up flipping Mafia, you are town. That first play was far too bad to be Theater, unless it was comedy.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: July 02, 2018, 01:49:55 pm »

Everyone post your read on yourself. Like, your objective opinion on what we should think of you, from an outsider's perspective.
IcyTea31: Slight town. Moderately active, pull-the-thread style scumhunting and one-liner read lists, but gives a suspicious gut feeling. Hasn't had enough pressure to show cracks yet.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: July 02, 2018, 03:52:16 pm »

I am a bit bored right now. Talk about something. There's nothing interesting right now.

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: July 02, 2018, 04:17:47 pm »

Also @Starver:

Who are the two players you think are most likely to be scum, after your read through?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
After all that, I proudly(!) pronounce... TricMagic, IcyTea.

And also the two players you think are most likely town.
(With the same limiting conditions): BlueTurtle, MightyMushroom.

The chances of being right, there, are practically zero, unless someone thinks I have N0 knowledge at my disposal. And never mind whether there's a chance I'm being dishonest for my own (howeversoaligned) purposes.

Everyone post your read on yourself. Like, your objective opinion on what we should think of you, from an outsider's perspective. Like, I'll go first:

Blueturtle: Likely town. Long gaps between posts and sudden wagon changes are suspicious, but mostly makes logical decisions.
Town thinks me borderline non-Town. Scum (if I'm not one) provisionally thinks I'm a Powertown or Powerother or Powerfaker of whatever hue. I'm too quiet, yet when I speak up I usually promise I won't be too much. I am in no mood to share thoughts or join in active hunting (with the excuse that I'm passively doing it, whether or not that's true). I'm not denying any of the mild suspicions raised against me. I have mot made any (easily discoverable) breadcrumb trails so far. I'm either going to be considered as the first night target (if non-scum) or ought to be investigated (in case I am). I'm actually unlikely to be 3rd-party, because I already 'jokingly' made that claim. Or I've just used this reply as a perfect opportunity to re-reverse whatever depth of bluffing I was previously maintaining and totally obfuscate any subtle messages I've unconsciously or accidentally let slip already.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: July 02, 2018, 09:28:59 pm »

My read on myself? Well to the extent it is possible to think objectively (and I'm not sure it is),

mightymushroom: townish. Active early, posts sound reasoning; perhaps somewhat cautious and remains to be seen how much he's accomplished though.

I believe it was Starver who had a phrase about "blundering into trees," or something very like, that describes my D1 pretty well vs. BHK or Moony or darkwarlock. I hope I amused you at least.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: July 02, 2018, 09:36:40 pm »

blueturtle

You begin with two things which you appear to believe are anti-town, and your reason for believing you are likely town is not exclusive to the town-aligned.

Can you be more specific over what you think makes you look town?

TricMagic

TricMagic: Miller, says he's Honest, but there's no way that's true. Posts are very suspicious.{Cause he's the miller}

How does your alignment make your posts look suspicious?

How would you expect your posts to differ if you were “vanilla” town, or scum?

IcyTea

IcyTea31: Slight town. Moderately active, pull-the-thread style scumhunting and one-liner read lists, but gives a suspicious gut feeling. Hasn't had enough pressure to show cracks yet.

*ponder*

The only issue I have is with the conclusion, this is null.

What would you do to improve your read on yourself, if you were one of the rest of us? What questions would you ask? Where would you apply pressure to make cracks?

Starver’s response to the questions just tells me he’s Starver lol

Should probably have waited ‘til MaxSpin answered, but eh, he probably feels the same way I do about the question. /enigmatic

Starver

Would you kindly expand on your reads regarding IcyTea and blueturtle, if possible.

PPE: MM avoided the question :o activity is not indicative of alignment (one of my favourite maxims, if only OSG was here :() I already said logic isn’t exclusive to town, and the last bit is commentary rather than analysis.

I’d like you to try again :P

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 55