Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28

Author Topic: Breakfastpit - A Succession Farm - 44.12  (Read 67576 times)

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
Re: Breakfastpit - A Succession Farm - 44.10
« Reply #225 on: June 27, 2018, 10:32:17 am »

Be sure that in my turn, I will send "diplomats" to that tower.
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.
Hey, don't be like that. Your life never had any meaning in the first place!

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: June 27, 2018, 11:22:03 am »

OFF TOPIC ---- Can I make a Korea flag somewhere to honor them for this game vs Germany? Even though I wantede revenge against Germany, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and boi was that an awesome victory!
Yeah, there's plenty of information out there, but you don't need that information to form an opinion and then defend it to the death.

Sanctume

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: June 27, 2018, 01:29:37 pm »

OFF TOPIC ---- Can I make a Korea flag somewhere to honor them for this game vs Germany? Even though I wantede revenge against Germany, the enemy of my enemy is my friend, and boi was that an awesome victory!

Can make a circle "yin-yang" temple maybe--white sand  & obsidian.

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: June 27, 2018, 02:34:42 pm »

How would that even move? Undulating across the floor like some kind of worm? Or is it made so that four bones make up the corner sides and extend a little bit below the bottom of the bin and those would move like little legs? Oh. Oh. Maybe the corners each have 2 curled up fingers as 'pads', so it would move four of them to go forward and backward, and the other four to go left and right?

Am I thinking too much into this?

Edit: Undead bin
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: June 27, 2018, 06:38:15 pm »

How would that even move? Undulating across the floor like some kind of worm? Or is it made so that four bones make up the corner sides and extend a little bit below the bottom of the bin and those would move like little legs? Oh. Oh. Maybe the corners each have 2 curled up fingers as 'pads', so it would move four of them to go forward and backward, and the other four to go left and right?

Am I thinking too much into this?

Edit: Undead bin
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

QuQuasar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: June 27, 2018, 06:59:58 pm »

I feel like "hostile skeletal luggage" rates somewhere between "undead giant sperm whale" and "steel webslinging titan" on the dwarf fortress scale of how well and truly fucked we are.

Which is to say, an improvement on Breakfastpit's current situation.

GPeter

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate forum poster.
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2018, 06:16:34 am »

Can make a circle "yin-yang" temple maybe--white sand  & obsidian.

Will try!

Steedat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2018, 08:14:20 am »

I'd like to be Dorffed, please. Any male will do, technical skills (smith, mechanic, etc.) if available.

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2018, 12:45:48 pm »

I don't know if Iwas dorfed, but seeing the carnage, if I amn't already... Perhaps not.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: June 29, 2018, 05:31:42 am »

you were dorfed, but I do believe you're still alive.
Carch likes steel, tin, pewter, sharks for their sharp teeth, dragons for their possessive nature and magma smelters for their warm glow.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: June 29, 2018, 09:02:58 am »

Dead - Please submit request for redorf with new name
Lunardog
Faker
Kametec
Voicebook
Imic
Moony the Werepig

Alive
Dr Akko (Quasar) - harrowed werepig
Carch - Mad Scientist
Hydrangea - Lieutenant of Suicidal Justice Squad
Zan the Sworder - Captain of Suicidal Justice Squad
Noloc the Translator - Militia commander
Auze the Scholar - Guardian
Dozebom - mayor
Lord Brassroast -miner
Speciesunkn0wn - hammerer
Diggy (Sanctume) - miner
Killermartian - scarred peddler
SQman - Paladin
Yarf - weaponsmith
Bearskie

@Imic: You should read this update, you got murdered by Moony. Redorf?

Spoiler: Steedat (click to show/hide)

Give me one more day, I'll finish by tomorrow (hopefully). Thanks.

Roomsounded

Tosid Weaverrack feels the earth crunch under her boots. Or is it even earth? She looks down and goes pale as a skeletal finger wriggles free. The necromancer's tower of Roomsounded loomed ahead, a black pillar that jutted out and split the horizon into two. Stick to the plan, the voice echoed. Make it right. Regret flushed through her mind as she recalled the moment when she had been consumed by madness, when the guards had dragged her away and threw her into a dark cell deep within the mines. Three weeks of darkness and starvation she had endured, before a crack of light punctuated her solitude. Zan came to her with a proposal.

Perform your duty for Breakfastpit. Follow them to Roomsounded. Make it right. That was one option; the other was to face justice for her crimes. She shuddered involuntarily. She'd signed off on those justice orders before, she knew what it meant. Dwarven justice was not to rehabilitate, it was to punish. Those who survived it became broken and harrowed dwarves, and it was only a matter of time before they descended into insanity. No, dwarven justice was no option, but standing beneath the shadow of Roomsounded did not feel any better.

She found her voice quavering in the chilly wind. "I am- you know who I am. My name is Tosid Weaverracks, mayor of Breakfastpit. We have come to negotiate a surrender. Whatever your terms, we will endeavour to fulfil them. But no more attacks; we are tired and broken. No more attacks." She knew it was true, but the double doors of Roomsounded stood stoic as ever.

Brief moments pass as the wind whistled through the trees, only to die as it reached the tower. From within the forest she could make out lumbering shapes slowly closing in on her, in that shambling, menacing manner common to walking corpses. She was shaking by then; every instinct in her body, even the voices who had followed her from Breakfastpit, were screaming at her to run, were her feet not rooted to the ground like the trees itself.

But the doors of Roomsounded creaked open. Cloaked figures issued from the opening, each flanked by a gaggle of armed corpses. There really was no turning back now. She waited, and her breath caught in her throat as they eventually parted, revealing a low, hunched dwarf limping forward with a smile. A lopsided iron crown adorned his head. Onul Axeraw, first king of the Basic Gates, ageless immortal founder of necromancy, spreads his arms and speaks, "Welcome to our embrace, child."

"Now," growled Zan and dropped down from the door's overhang.

A split-second's confusion ensued before they fled Zan's whirling blade, who soon found himself duelling multiple zombies at the tower's base. Onul Axeraw was quickly ushered away from the tower by his disciples, when suddenly shadows in the tree-line morphed into dwarven soldiers, and the dwarves of Breakfastpit charged.

As the necromancers scattered and were chased down by the dwarves, some tried to disengage their zombies from the tower, but with backs turned they became easy slaughter for a trancing Zan. Without their usual advantage of numbers, what few zombies still remaining to defend their masters were culled down ruthlessly by the dwarves. Their war cries were biting with anger; these were all dwarves who were on the brink of madness, and they were hungering for vengeance.

Still they were not left unscathed; former mayor Tosid receives a mace to the ribcage while fleeing, and suffocates to death before Hydrangea beheads her aggressor. Reg Grooveattic scores a lucky axe-hit on the necromancer Cerol Roomgears, but his more experienced opponent retaliates by burying a spear through Reg's shoulder. Yet amidst the fracas of the battlefield, as Bomrek Riddledcloister brings her hammer down to crush King Onul Axeraw's skull, shattering the iron crown into a million pieces, the dwarves knew they had won the battle.

Roomsounded burned in flames that night. None survived the Incinerated Assaults. Breakfastpit will fear the dead no more.

Spoiler: Battle report (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2018, 09:27:32 am by Bearskie »

speciesunkn0wn

• Bay Watcher
  • The Stars Are Bold
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: June 29, 2018, 11:17:20 am »

WHOOP! Breakfastpit is (almost) SAVED!
DF Veterans- n. - One who has lost one or more forts due to a stupid oversight.

Morality is relative,/Puppies are cheap,/Dwarves are zealots of,/A place that creeps and leaks,/where oversears send them to die,/so we may feast on their on their sorrow,/as we chew on their marrow
Just never forget,/That Bloodyhells is always a threat.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: June 29, 2018, 11:22:17 am »

The fallen king and all his disciples and undead servants put to rest at last! From now on it's only undead albatrosses and giant hamster skeletons. Although in Breadbowl it took several years for evil clouds to appear, so there's still chance we'll get some husk smoke.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: June 29, 2018, 01:31:28 pm »

Let us send expeditions to get those books before some adventurer does.

Oh, and may I be dorfed?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Carch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: June 29, 2018, 03:18:28 pm »

I think we already looted a bunch of those books. also, I did forget that happened, sorry imic.
btw, bearskie. what'd you use to get that last screenshot? that looks very neat
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 28