Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: You are a Cult Leader (SG)  (Read 3456 times)

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are a Cult Leader (SG)
« on: April 15, 2018, 06:34:29 pm »

You are the leader of a fledgling cult, and as its founder, you command the unconditional, fanatical loyalty of its sparse few members. Like all cult leaders, you are a staggeringly egotistical psychopath with a distinct deficit of morality, though whether you bare your true self proudly or hide it behind a benign facade is up to you.

Before the fate of your congregation can be determined, a series of questions must be answered to the best of your ability.

Choose One of the following:

What type of world does this cult exist in?

Primeval: The bulk of the mortals of this world have yet to advance beyond the stone age, though in the jeweled cradle of civilization, they pride themselves in their mastery of bronze. The titanic beasts of the distant past still prey on mortals, and the ancient ruins of a bygone era yet remain, waiting to be unearthed.

Antiquity: The majority of the mortal peoples have bent the knee to a magnificent empire which has come to subjugate most of the known world, their knowledge of architecture, agriculture, and artisanry is unparalleled and while the emperor's court rules with an iron fist, beyond their borders, only barbarism reigns.

Low Medieval: Following the collapse of an ancient glorious empire such as the world had never seen and will never see again, the victorious tribes have begun to settle and over the course of generations, adopt bits and pieces of the once-dominant culture, namely, the mastery of iron and the beginnings of siegecraft.

High Medieval: The days of squalor have ceased to be and a semblance of order has begun to exert itself, in the form of feudal dynasties, a centralized church, the completion of sturdy stone keeps, and perhaps greatest of all, the use of costly steel in weapons and armors.

Renaissance: The age of the sword and shield has come to pass and the age of pike and shot has established itself, the strength of the dynasties of old has begun to dwindle though they hold steadfast, and the discovery of new lands across the vast sea has sparked a new age of conquest.

Early Modern: The pike, musket, and cannon have fallen by the wayside and in their place, the six-shooter, carbine, and gatling have come into vogue, the old lands have begun to stagnate, though the frontier of new lands has yet to be fully tamed, and in many a thirst for manifest destiny has yet to be quenched.

Late Modern: The world has been colonized and settled to the fullest extent, and though poverty looms in many places, for the first time the promise of modernization has reached every man, woman, and child, but the legacy of the past has been forgotten, and with it, the purpose that drived their ancestors has been abandoned.

Near Future: With the full settlement of the world overpopulation was inevitable and in this day and age, thousands of vast cemented cities shelter the teeming masses of mortals from the polluted wastes beyond their walls. The advance of progress has yet to cease, leading to technological marvels unimaginable only a century ago, and though the dynasties of yore are long dead, the spirit of their rule lives on in corporate hegemony.

Far Future: The homeworld of the ancients has been destroyed by their negligent greed and in the present, their descendents dwell in a dozen fleets of unfathomably colossal ark-ships, and ply the stars in search of a new planet to call home. Not yet post-scarcity, some degree of hierarchy has begun to form within the hulls of the colonization vessels and as the centuries go by, the knowledge of the nature of the truly miraculous technology surrounding them begins to fade into superstition.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:37:26 pm by Ardent Debater »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Cult Leader (SG)
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2018, 06:37:52 pm »

Low Medieval.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 06:39:06 pm »

Primeval
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 06:39:43 pm »

Near Future

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 06:41:54 pm »

Hotfire90

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2018, 06:42:12 pm »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2018, 06:43:44 pm »

Would anyone be willing to make this a cult to Acter, or should I just give up on that idea now and sit back and watch as we summon Khorne, Tzeentch, and/or Armok?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 06:51:25 pm by Glass »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2018, 07:16:20 pm »

Would anyone be willing to make this a cult to Acter, or should I just give up on that idea now and sit back and watch as we summon Khorne, Tzeentch, and/or Armok?

Ignoring your own advice now, are you? +1
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2018, 07:16:48 pm »

Ignoring your own advice now, are you? +1
Blue, this is a game, not real life.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2018, 07:22:38 pm »

Low Medieval.
+1

+1

This world is Low Medieval. It is the age of ruthless sea raiders, viciously feuding clans, and petty kings and minor dukes barely distinguishable from the savage chieftains and bandit warlords they claim legitimacy over. Long gone is the legacy of the ancient empire, though many pretenders might claim to continue it, technology has regressed to a primitive state, these are the days of motte and bailey castles, crude oaken palisades, boiling oil and blackened pitch, maille shirts, wooden shields, hand-and-a-half swords, short-hafted spears, and longbows and arrows.

The spectres of famine, plague, and warfare linger over the heads of mortal men, and this is a harsh world you have chosen, but it need not be a mundane one.

How fantastical  is the world?

Mundane: Though all manner of idle superstition persists, it is empty hogwash and childish drivel, and each and every bit of it. Only what can be seen is real, and perhaps, that which you give yourself unto worship.

Low Fantasy: Witches place curses which sicken, cripple, and kill, vile monsters which were once mortal drain the lifeblood of the innocent, and once in a lifetime, the stars align to allow the undertaking of unspeakable ritual. Magic is rare, and it is subtle.

Middling Fantasy: Rumors of wizards who can bend reality with proper reagents and ritual, trollish beastmen whose wounds seal shut moments after their infliction, and mystical dwarfin and elfin folk isolated in ancient holds abound, and are more true than many might think. Magic is an uncommon sight and its manifestations can be blatant, but it's rare enough most are awed by the sight.

High Fantasy: Mage's guilds who cast fearsome spells with naught but a thought, glimmering dragons with impenetrable hides which demand tribute from those beneath them, and whole kingdoms of inhuman races vying with one another for power. Magic is an incredibly common, almost everyday sight, and its presence is taken for granted by most mortals.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 07:25:54 pm by Ardent Debater »

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2018, 07:24:01 pm »

Low Fantasy is always fun.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2018, 07:25:19 pm »

High Fantasy
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 07:27:51 pm »

Middle fantasy has my vote. Enough magic for good fantasy, not so much that it's just a thing that's there.
Though if we could bring it up to high fantasy through our actions, that'd be cool.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 07:30:09 pm »

High. Magic all the way.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5