Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: You are a Cult Leader (SG)  (Read 3458 times)

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Cult Leader (SG)
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2018, 07:41:05 pm »

Middle fantasy has my vote. Enough magic for good fantasy, not so much that it's just a thing that's there.
Though if we could bring it up to high fantasy through our actions, that'd be cool.
+1

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2018, 07:51:03 pm »

High fantasy.

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2018, 07:51:09 pm »

Middle fantasy has my vote. Enough magic for good fantasy, not so much that it's just a thing that's there.
Though if we could bring it up to high fantasy through our actions, that'd be cool.
+1
+

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2018, 08:46:40 pm »

+1
+
+1
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2018, 09:29:22 pm »

This world is of Middling Fantasy. Its out of the way nooks and crannies are saturated with a steady trickle of magic, but not so much that the world as a whole is flooded. A fine but scant-walked path between the Highs and Lows which fill so many worlds. Any miracles your cult's exalted object of worship may work will be awe-inspiring indeed, but you shall have to be diligent in your devotion to earn them.

To speak of worship, to which form of faith does your flock belong?

Demonic Cult: Your cult worships Hell, and the denizens therein. Whether they exalt a specific Abyssal Lord or revere them all in one profane pantheon, you can be certain that upon death your souls are lost to their black embrace, but perhaps your minds are so twisted you find this damnation to be a reward? Either way, in the here and the now, in this mortal life, you can expect a measure of supernatural power, an abundance unholy assistance from down below, and a multitude of opportunities to indulge in your deepest, darkest desires.

Eldritch Cult: Your cult worships the Old Ones from beyond the veil of stars. The deities you revere are utterly alien to the mortal mind, and their seemingly arbitrary whims are even moreso, but you must do your best to see them done, lest they make their horrific disdain known. They are as powerful as they are strange, and the scale of the countless eons they've witnessed are unfathomable to even one so grand as yourself. Fulfill their desires, and they will bestow upon you slivers of the truth which drive lesser men mad from the revelation, yet might endow you with a fraction of a glimpse of a shadow of a dream of a fleeting whisper of their nigh-omnipotent power.

Pagan Cult: Like many others in this era, your cult worships the Pagan Gods. The Pantheon is vast, comprised of countless spirits, ancestors, and gods whose demands are often mutually contradictory, and whose wrath is seldom lifted. Each nonetheless demands you serve them, and in time, you will choose which you will worship, and which you will cast aside. Those who you praise will see fit to reward you with primal boons befitting their nature, and those you spurn will hate you with a fire unimaginable, and you will find their servants, both mortal and otherwise will seek your bloody sacrifice upon an ancient altar in the deepest, darkest mirkwoods.

Monotheist Cult: Your cult worships the One True God and believe with every fiber of their being that all others must be undone. Your God possesses incredible power, and as their Prophet, you will receive a vast sum of it, to work miracles with as you see fit, and so long as your flock serves them faithfully, you can be sure that paradise awaits each and every one of you upon your passing. However, though powerful they may be, they are but One and the fanaticism of your cult will surely earn the murderous ire of each and every cult, creed, and faith, along with the lesser gods they worship, and if you do not tread carefully, the spark of the One True Faith shall be snuffed out.

Personality Cult: Your cult worships none other than you yourself, as none other is worthy of their devotion. Though you are the greatest one who ever lived and will ever live, you are only mortal, and without the work of miracles, you'll find it difficult indeed to proselytize to prospective converts and will be hard-pressed to maintain the faith of those who give you their worship. Should you persist through these trials and tribulations, in time you may find that their faith fuels you, and should you attain the undivided fanatical worship of a tenth of the world's mortals, a task befitting a god in the flesh such as you, you may find yourself ascend to deserved divinity.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 09:32:17 pm by Ardent Debater »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2018, 09:32:44 pm »

Can we be a cult that specifically worships one specific god, but acknowledges the existence of others?
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2018, 09:35:53 pm »

Personality cult.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2018, 09:36:36 pm »

Personality cult.

Yeah, let's BECOME a god +1
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2018, 09:37:55 pm »

Can we be a cult that specifically worships one specific god, but acknowledges the existence of others?

Anything is possible, but keep in mind, if your views were socially acceptable you wouldn't be a cult.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2018, 09:44:41 pm »

Anything is possible, but keep in mind, if your views were socially acceptable you wouldn't be a cult.
Eh, fine.
How about a rationalist cult? "There are no gods, everything can be explained by rules of science and magic".

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2018, 09:48:38 pm »

Pagan Cult Our ways are the old ways! Of Warrior Kings and Heroic Sagas!

Though I'm also really liking the idea of the Eldritch Cult. They both sound so cool! I do actually want to put a vote down though so I decided to go Pagan cause I mean the Eldritch theme is kinda the go to for Cult games so it's fun to shake it up every once in a while.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Ardent Debater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 09:50:08 pm »

Eh, fine.
How about a rationalist cult? "There are no gods, everything can be explained by rules of science and magic".

That's entirely acceptable, if you wanted to go that route, there's nothing preventing you from establishing a Rationalist Cult.

Pagan Cult Our ways is the old ways! Of Warrior Kings and Heroic Sagas!

Though I'm also really liking the idea of the Eldritch Cult. They both sound so cool! I do actually want to put a vote down though so I decided to go Pagan cause I mean the Eldritch theme is kinda the go to for Cult games so it's fun to shake it up every once in a while.

I can't say I'm surprised you'd choose Paganism Prophet. :P

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2018, 09:51:53 pm »

I'm good with pagan.

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2018, 09:57:24 pm »

Can't beat the classics. Eldritch Cult!!

Changing to pagan cult.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 11:09:40 pm by Roboson »

Glass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2018, 10:12:08 pm »

HOLD UP. MONOTHEISTIC CULT TO RNGESUS.
WE GOT THIS BOYS
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5