Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86483 times)

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Midday: No One Expects Whom?
« Reply #120 on: April 25, 2018, 11:40:38 pm »

I thought 100 km/h would be "average" speed for a car, but apparently not. Oh well. I may be slow, but I'm definitely steady.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 26, 2018, 12:30:24 am »

Honestly, I'm surprised I'm so fast. Oh well.

*Shoots BHK*
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 26, 2018, 01:15:27 am »

BHK, quinnr, time to stop lurking.

*flips coin*

quinnr, who do you suspect the most right now, based on interactions in the first subphase? Who do suspect the least right now?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 26, 2018, 01:49:42 am »

Actually, though I only have one vote, there's no reason not to question both:

BHK, which alignment do you think RGU is?

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 26, 2018, 02:16:59 am »

>_> Is there any reason for two of you folks to hit my car for whatever reason, because that's blatantly mean. I'm glad I'm very durable, because y'all are mean that way :I

*Shoots Tiruin with an Uzi stashed in my car* (I'm using my Hit for this subphase on her car)

Don't be sad, I rolled 1d9 to decide.
~~~
That's what they all say.
But we're not even 9 players. :I

2) Hits are hidden from view, but can be used in thread. It's up to you to be sneaky and backstabbing.
Oooh fiiiine, I'll use my hit on myseeeelf! :I
Hmph people hitting me just because I can be hit.

I'd like to note that in this game in particular, high levels of teamwork or collusion in the race could be indications of a Mafia player working to let their teammates win.
That's a blatant push :v it could be many things too--even the existence of allies or mason teams.

Would anybody be interested in an auction for my services? There are a bunch of beneficial things I can do for people. The pay I have in mind is actions, as in, abilities. If you think that's a bit steep, don't worry, even depleted actions are a good bid, as I still have a good use for them.
I am interested but I am also interested that if this be done, I'd know what I'll pay in return.

Mushroom
Quote from: Tiruin
RGU: WHile I'm ambivalent of poking you like this; did you expect anything of what's happening right out?

Tiruin: Why be ambivalent? Asking questions is natural for townies.
If you read, I'm not ambivalent about asking things :P Especially when you underscore 'natural for townies'. I'm ambivalent of voting him just because wow-roleflip-at-game-start to nudge him, since I didn't get an answer back then about 'mafiakill', which is...how you say, 'natural for mafiasies'.

You got more than that than poking me and me alone?

Shakerag
Yeah, this forum hasn't exactly had the most encouraging historical attitudes toward self-claimed third parties.
Not 'this forum'; specific people. I've always treated third-parties with the same equivalence that is alongside 'do not judge by superficiality'.

Anyway...
Mightymushroom: You're one of the pretty astute and new folks here; given the nature of the theme (being as important as the vanilla mafia foundation of the game), we're assuming teamplay and collaboration being paramount. Also welcome to Bay12. How do you see other players overall?

BHK: Did you just poke FoU with an assumption for him to answer? And, what do you think about his answer?

Also unrelatedly, I'm assuming Webadict is using ordinal ranking when comparing speed so...there will be natural skips of ranks when people are tied together.

Shakerag
I don't think having my role fully visible to everyone is "tame."
It is.  Trust me.
The impression I've always had is you speaking from experience here rather than comparing what you have now to what he said.
Are you softclaiming? :P

FoU
Fallacy - You sound like a third party, IMO. If you are, why shouldn't you be lynched?

1: Because I'm not an anti-town third party.
[/quote]Why did you jump out with a third-party claim?

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 26, 2018, 02:26:02 am »

Apologies for accusing BHK of lurking, I somehow managed to miss his posts.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Morning: No One Expects Whom?
« Reply #126 on: April 26, 2018, 02:57:02 am »

quinnr, who do you suspect the most right now, based on interactions in the first subphase? Who do suspect the least right now?
My bad! I missed that we have started. All will be answered in this post, a gathering of my thoughts from the thread so far.
----
I don't think having my role fully visible to everyone is "tame."
It is.  Trust me.
I'll assume you also picked 11 then.

Did anyone NOT pick 11 here?

I didn't pick 11, but I didn't exactly pick a low number either.

-----
I think Fallacy sticks out as obviously a third party, I agree with what appears to be the general consensus on that. I would be wary of using hits on him, however, as hector makes a good point:
Might just be trying to draw shade to lose the race? Could be jester.
I would definitely not give Fallacy any abilities for the reasons others have stated, but also would be wary of trying to knock them out of the race, either.

-----
I will say, I do get some bad vibes from mightymushroom. The hidden position ability seems like it would not be too beneficial to the town and would give a big advantage in winning any race, and they were also quick to vote for what seems like a weird read of a post's tone to me:
Seemslike the subphases mean 'be active', which I guess is a great thing for everyone involved.

One of the reasons that I chose this particular game to jump in and try.

Quote from: Tiruin
RGU: WHile I'm ambivalent of poking you like this; did you expect anything of what's happening right out?

Tiruin: Why be ambivalent? Asking questions is natural for townies.
Their car number also says "non-town" to me, and their explanation that it's just because they chose -1 seems made up to me, but that's another hunch.

---
Also guys, the random hit was not cool.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 26, 2018, 03:31:41 am »

Unvote, now that quinnr has spoken.

Their car number also says "non-town" to me, and their explanation that it's just because they chose -1 seems made up to me, but that's another hunch.
The car numbers have nothing to do with Web numbers, at least as far as I can tell. I got exactly what I signed up with, though I did choose a fairly conservative Web number. In other words, though my car number is a very obscure hint to my role name, it doesn't tell anyone anything about my alignment or abilities.

A possibility for this confusion is if the roles were randomized, and I just happened to get the one I signed up with, while other players got roles they didn't come up with. Is that the case?

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 26, 2018, 04:22:27 am »

Unvote, now that quinnr has spoken.

The car numbers have nothing to do with Web numbers, at least as far as I can tell. I got exactly what I signed up with, though I did choose a fairly conservative Web number. In other words, though my car number is a very obscure hint to my role name, it doesn't tell anyone anything about my alignment or abilities.

A possibility for this confusion is if the roles were randomized, and I just happened to get the one I signed up with, while other players got roles they didn't come up with. Is that the case?

Ahhh, my apologies I got a couple names mixed up (mooney and mighty). My last point was in regards to this post:
Also, for anyone wondering, i chose -1
Hence the odd car number, and my resulting assumptions.

Which is a lot less weird. I take that part back.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 26, 2018, 05:39:12 am »

BHK, which alignment do you think RGU is?
Let's just say if I were a vig, he'd really tempt me.
BHK: Did you just poke FoU with an assumption for him to answer? And, what do you think about his answer?
1. Yes. I can't make unfounded accusations D1 and expect anything substantial, but FOU confirmed for me fortunately.
2. It makes me curious.
FallacyOfUrist - I'll bite. Do I get to control which ability I hand over to you? How do I and the town benefit, mechanically or otherwise? How do you collect abilities?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 26, 2018, 08:04:03 am »

My role seems to imply that there are either town players with mafiakills or a mafia recruiter. Did anyone else start with a mafiakill ability?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 26, 2018, 08:32:50 am »

Hit FallacyofUrist

Just thought I'd like to get that in -- silly me, I thought I shouldn't play mafia while sleepy, went to bed and missed most of the subphase.

Will start longer post with answers and such, but hits are on a deadline.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 26, 2018, 10:16:23 am »

Unvote Tiruin

Especially as it seems people are now voting me because of it.

Yes, I know the particular detail was tiny. I did it in part to establish credibility that a newbie could pick up on details. At the time I made it, there were two big things: RGU's roleflip and FoU's Offer. RGU I wanted to think about whether I had any powers that could help town clear it up, as his role seems to rely on odd intersections of powers. FoU's offer was practically brand new, I asked one clarifying question (and got two answers, I think) and then more experienced voices started grilling harder than I was so I was content to observe.

Nothing else stood out enough for me to flip off Tiruin before getting a reply (or a couple subphases had passed, but she didn't need to know that).
If you read, I'm not ambivalent about asking things :P Especially when you underscore 'natural for townies'. I'm ambivalent of voting him just because wow-roleflip-at-game-start to nudge him, since I didn't get an answer back then about 'mafiakill', which is...how you say, 'natural for mafiasies'.
Same, my vote was a pure nudge for an answer. This game has strangely (pleasantly?) avoided the meta I've read where everybody votes anybody over odd RVS, but I didn't know that then. And yes, Tiruin, I know you are not shy about asking questions as any alignment: that made the word 'ambivalent' stand out even more.

-------

You got more than that than poking me and me alone?

Mightymushroom: You're one of the pretty astute and new folks here; given the nature of the theme (being as important as the vanilla mafia foundation of the game), we're assuming teamplay and collaboration being paramount. Also welcome to Bay12. How do you see other players overall?

Glad you ask. And also glad you think I'm astute.

randomgenericusername is a mess. The particular phrasing of the powers makes me think that it is not true mafia alignment, but webadict is unlikely to be careless in wording a role that is going public from the start.
My role seems to imply that there are either town players with mafiakills or a mafia recruiter. Did anyone else start with a mafiakill ability?
That is not you helping you at all, seeing as that knowledge allows you to kill them and claim it. Or points a mafia recruiter right to them to add to the scum's pool of powers. Why would you want to hurt Town like that?

And then we have FallacyofUrist. For quite a while I thought the offer was legitimate, if wacky. There are few ways to play a trader type role but to put yourself out there and see who bites. Races award powers and RGU's role confirms that some people can gain new ones on their own; I entertained the idea of bartering if I ever got something surplus to my requirements. Then this (in reverse chronological order):
Furthermore, as I can't gain auto abilities as my fee, it's unlikely I'll be able to gain a self-revive or whatnot.
Seeing as Unannounced Arrival is also a Day action, he could for example bid it on the auction and give it to me as payment.
(Auto, Day) Unannounced Arrival:

Vote FallacyofUrist. I can't trust you if you don't know what your own transaction requires.

Finally, quinnr who defends Fallacy as being an okay 3rd party and says we shouldn't knock him of the races. Maybe you're just caught up in the hype, but my problem is Fallacy is openly claimed Not Town and no intrinsic bias for our wincon or even way to screen his trade partners. If nobody trades, racing is his path to gaining new abilities. It may be that they must be "accumulated" to win, but afterwards the game is still on and he's free to use them however.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [ Locked While Sending ] MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure
« Reply #133 on: April 26, 2018, 10:29:54 am »

And we're meeting the halfway point in our race, and this is where everything's going to get interesting and chaotic.

It looks like FallacyOfUrist has pulled ahead! Seems like people aren't fans of Jack Bauer, am I right, Aldy?

However, it looks like Tiruin has pulled ahead of her own pack. Is that... Is that a Viktor Hugo reference on her car?

Vote Count
----------------------------
BlackHeartKabal -
FallacyOfUrist - mightymushroom,
hector13 -
IcyTea31 -
mightymushroom - Tiruin, quinnr,
MoonyTheHuman - FallacyOfUrist,
quinnr -
randomgenericusername -
Shakerag -
Tiruin -
No Lynch -

Not Voting - BlackHeartKabal, hector13, MoonyTheHuman, randomgenericusername, Shakerag, IcyTea31,

6 to Hammer.

Racer - Distance | Place | Car #
--------------------------------
FallacyOfUrist – 240 KM | 1st | Delta
BlackHeartKabal – 235 KM | 2nd | 24
Tiruin – 230 KM | 3rd | 24601
hector13 – 220 KM | 4th | 0
quinnr – 220 KM | 4th | 666
Shakerag – 220 KM | 4th | Graham’s Number
IcyTea31 – 200 KM | 7th | 1812
MoonyTheHuman – 198 KM | 8th | NaN
randomgenericusername – 0 KM | 9th | One, Two, Five
mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8

It is now Afternoon.

Afternoon Ends around 10 PM CDT Thursday, April 25th. Day Ends around 10 PM CDT Friday, April 27th.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: April 26, 2018, 10:40:32 am »

randomgenericusername is a mess. The particular phrasing of the powers makes me think that it is not true mafia alignment, but webadict is unlikely to be careless in wording a role that is going public from the start.
That is not you helping you at all, seeing as that knowledge allows you to kill them and claim it. Or points a mafia recruiter right to them to add to the scum's pool of powers. Why would you want to hurt Town like that?

This part strikes me as really odd. If I were to gain a recruit ability from killing a mafia member, they would be recruited as members of the town team.

The role seems to have been specifically made to be confusing for everyone as it was going to auto flip d1. I haven't done anything yet myself, so I don't understand how am I hurting the town?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 59