Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86458 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

I, luckily, didn't choose over 10.
Fallacy and Shakerag are probably 11's
Why would you join a webadict game and *not* pick 11?
Some people didn't want to risk it. Honestly, I was kinda tame on my 11s this round.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

mightymushroom – ? KM | ?th | 8
An ability to hide one's position in the race, I presume.

But one it seems can be worked around with a little deduction – I'm pretty sure that I'm in first!

Some people didn't want to risk it. Honestly, I was kinda tame on my 11s this round.

I don't know if that's a relief or if it means you ratcheted everyone else upward and had nothing left.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't think having my role fully visible to everyone is "tame."
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

It is.  Trust me.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It is.  Trust me.
I'll assume you also picked 11 then.

Did anyone NOT pick 11 here?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile

Me.

WRONG. At least half wrong.

To be fair, I did choose 6+e. I'm not sure if having a decimal web number will make anything weird for me, but we'll see.
~~~
Hold on...
*twitches* Something's up here.

MoonyTheHuman: Why did you guess me in particular for someone who choose number 11?
~~~
Wait while I try to understand my role and how to use it.

Alright, here's the basic idea: You're a player that's indistinguishable from Mafia aside from behavior tells. You're a big heaping bucket of WIFOM. There's no way for us to know if you're mafia or not except by analyzing your behavior. Even using Inquisitor on a Mafia player could simply be a gambit if you're a Mafia player, but it's a really good idea if you're town. Your role is powerful, but an absolute WIFOM headache.

The question is, are the Mafia going to leave you alive for the WIFOM, or just kill you, or if you actually are Mafia.

Or if you're a third party.
~~~
I'd like to note that in this game in particular, high levels of teamwork or collusion in the race could be indications of a Mafia player working to let their teammates win.
~~~
Would anybody be interested in an auction for my services? There are a bunch of beneficial things I can do for people. The pay I have in mind is actions, as in, abilities. If you think that's a bit steep, don't worry, even depleted actions are a good bid, as I still have a good use for them.
~~~
*Shoots Tiruin with an Uzi stashed in my car* (I'm using my Hit for this subphase on her car)

Don't be sad, I rolled 1d9 to decide.
~~~
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile

What are you selling, Fallacy? You're saying what you want in return, but not what you're offering.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What are you selling, Fallacy? You're saying what you want in return, but not what you're offering.

There are multiple services I can offer, but I don't feel like getting into most of them in public. What I will tell you is that I have an action that protects my target from all night actions, at the expense of preventing them from acting that night. If you purchase my services, I can use that on you to protect you, or someone you don't want to act to block them. This protection also grants an opportunity to converse with me in private so I can discuss additional options.

I'm afraid that randomgenericusername is an invalid target of that ability, based on his Unannounced Arrival auto ability. This won't stop him from bidding on the auction, it just means I can't use my ability to protect him, unless he somehow gets rid of Unannounced Arrival. Seeing as Unannounced Arrival is also a Day action, he could for example bid it on the auction and give it to me as payment.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seemslike the subphases mean 'be active', which I guess is a great thing for everyone involved.

One of the reasons that I chose this particular game to jump in and try.

Quote from: Tiruin
RGU: WHile I'm ambivalent of poking you like this; did you expect anything of what's happening right out?

Tiruin: Why be ambivalent? Asking questions is natural for townies.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seeing as Unannounced Arrival is also a Day action, he could for example bid it on the auction and give it to me as payment.

So you only take Day actions?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you only take Day actions?
I have Night options available as well. I will only discuss exactly what those options are in private.
C
However, my ability that protects from all night actions and roleblocks is a Day action.

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I should have said, "Do you only accept Day actions as payment?"
The phrasing I quoted seems that Unannounced Arrival is valid to trade on account of its Day activation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's valid because in addition to being an Auto ability, it's also an action. I can only accept actions as payment. Whether they're Day or Night is not relevant.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

FallacyofUrist:  Why use a hit action so early, and especially on a random target?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile

It is.  Trust me.
I'll assume you also picked 11 then.

I picked a 7.

RGU - What the hell?
Fallacy - You sound like a third party, IMO. If you are, why shouldn't you be lynched?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 59