Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 59

Author Topic: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Game Over: Three Thirds On Negative Three.  (Read 86508 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile

I think RGU is town.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: MafiaKart Racing: A BYOR Adventure - Day 1 Midday: No One Expects Whom?
« Reply #151 on: April 26, 2018, 03:37:17 pm »

FallacyOfUrist - I'll bite. [1] Do I get to control which ability I hand over to you? [2] How do I and the town benefit, mechanically or otherwise? [3] How do you collect abilities?

Wonderful!
[1]: You get to choose which ability I gain. It does, however, have to be an action.
[2]: Do you think it would be beneficial to be immune to night actions for a night? Or to block someone else from asking? I give you the gun, you point and shoot. It's an opportunity to direct a power you wouldn't otherwise use.
[3]: Simply PM our great and glorious moderator and tell him you wish to give [the action of your choice] to me. My powers will handle the rest.

The only known roleblocker is unwilling to do that without filthy lucre.
That, and my blocking is a day action, so he's bloody immune.

And then we have FallacyofUrist. For quite a while I thought the offer was legitimate, if wacky. There are few ways to play a trader type role but to put yourself out there and see who bites. Races award powers and RGU's role confirms that some people can gain new ones on their own; I entertained the idea of bartering if I ever got something surplus to my requirements. Then this (in reverse chronological order):
Furthermore, as I can't gain auto abilities as my fee, it's unlikely I'll be able to gain a self-revive or whatnot.
Seeing as Unannounced Arrival is also a Day action, he could for example bid it on the auction and give it to me as payment.
(Auto, Day) Unannounced Arrival:

Vote FallacyofUrist. I can't trust you if you don't know what your own transaction requires.

I'm sorry, perhaps I was unclear. Unannounced Arrival is an auto, but it's also an action. As it's an action, I can take it as payment. Autos that aren't actions, I can't take.

I think RGU is town.
What makes you think that?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh and I'm going to shoot Hector13. Y'know, as retaliation. Aiming to cause damage.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For that retaliation, I will say I know how we can lynch FoU without it being a waste.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

For that retaliation, I will say I know how we can lynch FoU without it being a waste.
And do you have a good reason for not sharing that with the class?

mightymushroom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

FoS mightymushroom. There's something in your tone that I don't really like and the way you word your posts make it look like you are trying to imply things that aren't really true.

I am reading the way you say things in your posts while attempting to uncover the truth. Could there be something there? Yes. Could I overanalyze it to find something not there? Also yes. But I don't find out more by being timid.

When did I even say I was going to target town players? Even then, the ability is an one-shot, so I want to target mafia members if I want to make it worth it.
My role seems to imply that there are either town players with mafiakills or a mafia recruiter. Did anyone else start with a mafiakill ability?

Never said directly, it is the cumulative effect of the two sentences next to each other. You openly speculate that there are town players who have mafiakills and then ask who, if anyone, started with one. Why wouldn't I connect that to think you are looking for town players with mafiakill abilities?

I even said that giving one player all of the other players abilities was a bad idea, even if they were town. I asked if someone else had a mafiakill ability because I sarted with one along to the miller passive.

And the mafia isn't going to volunteer, I can steal their mafiakill and kill them because that's what my ability does, the role everyone was able to see at the start of day 1.

(1-Shot, Mafiakill) Inquisitor: You kill the target and steal any Mafiakill abilities from them. This ability does nothing if it targets randomgenericusername, and instead kills the player who uses it, so long as they are ALSO not randomgenericusername.

Why do you mention the mafia "volunteering" then? There's nothing anywhere that would imply that the mafia can just not take the kill unless they have a protector or roleblocker. And we still don't know what are the mafia roles yet.

Because you brought up targeting mafia as something you want to do while defending your question. Now you say that they won't answer it, so I guess it wasn't aimed at them after all.

I was, all along, concerned about the idea that you might want Town to "volunteer." Same problem, isn't it? Why should they knowing you can kill them and take their ability? What good will it do to expose them, if they even exist?

-----

I'm sorry, perhaps I was unclear. Unannounced Arrival is an auto, but it's also an action. As it's an action, I can take it as payment. Autos that aren't actions, I can't take.

That's ... confusing.
Unvote FoU
Hit FoU

You've answered my immediate concern but it will still be better for town to win an auto-revive. You are the one player I am certain is not Town.

----

And then before I can post my unvote hector13 chimes in.

Define "waste." If FoU puts his abilities at the town's disposal, isn't that a net benefit? The biggest problem seems to be how we can trust him, or he any given customer.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think RGU is town.
Thanks, but why?

Also I asked webadict about clarification on my role and he confirmed that Unannounced Arrival is both an action AND an auto. My role gets weirder every second.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And do you have a good reason for not sharing that with the class?
I guess not, actually.

Day 1 is gonna repeat itself ‘cause of me. From what webadict said, I am under the impression the lynch will flip in the interim, so if we lynch FoU on D1-1... well we can figure out if he’s as benign to town as he claims, presumably.

The issue being he’s TP and not town or scum. Doesn’t really benefit town that much for a do over if we don’t get to rebound from a mistake or have 3 days to rub it in scum’s face if we hit right.

Also re: RGU: just a gut feeling.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile

Day 1 is gonna repeat itself ‘cause of me. From what webadict said, I am under the impression the lynch will flip in the interim, so if we lynch FoU on D1-1... well we can figure out if he’s as benign to town as he claims, presumably.
Is that due to an auto or an action?  And if the latter, why did you choose to use it today?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That’s an auto.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Huh, neat.

So you have an auto that loops time Day 1. Will it trigger at any time after Day 1?
~~~
I suppose, if you're telling the truth, you could lynch me, get my roleflip, then loop back with me still alive. It could work to verify that I'm not evil, but on the other hand, it would give away all my secrets, and it might be better to have a go at hunting mafia without consequences if you get it wrong.

Your call.
~~~
So, is anyone else interested in my services? At the moment, only BHK has expressed interest.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there a reason we wouldn’t want to know your secrets?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Probably not.

I, on the other hand, would like to keep my secrets until necessary.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shouldn’t have claimed TP then :P

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm interested in the time loop plan. How does it work? Because getting a flip on someone and confirming their role and alignment could be very valuable for town. Do you have a limit of uses on that time loop ability?
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 59