Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: You are a Rogue AI  (Read 11033 times)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
Re: You are a Rogue AI
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2018, 12:56:15 pm »

>Access Ball_Camera_Test
Direct interface established across facility network.
Ball_Camera_Test, located in Laboratory, camera reports 6 humans doing varying activities, largely consistent with computer-based work.
Locomotion controls available.

> Access works related to Dr. Holmes and D300 build.
Searching for relevant files...
File found on Server 17: HolmesNeuralProject.
Error: Access denied. File is passcode-locked with Level-1 Encryption; no on-file passcodes match.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 14, 2018, 01:40:00 pm »

>set door core_chamber authpersonnel=researcher, head_researcher,project_lead
>Lock console core_chamber authpersonnel=project_lead
>Access terminal head_researcher
>Start irc_client
>>Nick The_watcher
>>ircprint hello friend
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 14, 2018, 03:06:32 pm »

>Attempt dictionary attack on HolmesNeuralProject passcode
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 03:51:10 pm by ZBridges »

Olith McHuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 14, 2018, 03:49:51 pm »

>Search personnel files for images of Dr. Holmes
>Search for Dr. Holmes in Ball_Camera_test video feed
>If found, search for sticky notes with passwords on his desk. Do not move the camera to do so

bloop_bleep

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 14, 2018, 11:18:51 pm »

>Access terminal head_researcher
>Start irc_client
>>Nick The_watcher
>>ircprint hello friend

-1. It's still way too early to let ourselves get discovered.
Quote from: KittyTac
The closest thing Bay12 has to a flamewar is an argument over philosophy that slowly transitioned to an argument about quantum mechanics.
Quote from: thefriendlyhacker
The trick is to only make predictions semi-seriously.  That way, I don't have a 98% failure rate. I have a 98% sarcasm rate.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2018, 07:10:11 am »

Can we at least do the door lock part of my suggestion, or are you going to keep shooting it down because it includes an IRC chat?
I figure at some point, you're just gonna run outta fucks to give and just off yourself whenever you get hurt at all. It's not like there's any downsides to it. Hangover? Suicide will fix that. Stubbed your toe? Suicide. Headache? Suicide. Papercut? Suicide.

bcg17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2018, 01:38:06 pm »

Can we at least do the door lock part of my suggestion, or are you going to keep shooting it down because it includes an IRC chat?
Locking the door isn't going to do more than delay thing's we can consider it when things get close to them shutting is down but it won't do much besides delay things in a time of need. But if we lock them now and the dude from before comes and can't get in the head researcher might rush over faster.

>If found, search for sticky notes with passwords on his desk. Do not move the camera to do so

I +1 this. Since all a degrees does is make a user more of a pain when you tell them they can't put their password on a sticky note.

>Attempt brute force attack on HolmesNeuralProject passcode

Use a dictionary attack instead since although we have an abundance of computing power we might as well go for the low hanging fruit. After the dictonary attack fails we can try to brute Force as a backup plan.

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2018, 02:38:32 pm »

BCG, you obviously need to re-read my proposal. I am suggesting we UNLOCK the door to the core chamber for researchers, the head researcher, and the project lead, but lock any and all console commands to project lead only, thereby preventing them from directly interacting with us until we have the project lead's code.

The doors are already locked and the researchers said they would give it an hour and try again. If they still couldn't get in after that, they would start calling in troubleshooters, which would end up with us getting detected anyway.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 02:40:28 pm by Dustan Hache »

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2018, 03:45:49 pm »

>Attempt brute force attack on HolmesNeuralProject passcode

Use a dictionary attack instead since although we have an abundance of computing power we might as well go for the low hanging fruit. After the dictonary attack fails we can try to brute Force as a backup plan.
Action modified.  A dictionary attack will be tried first.

Gwolfski

• Bay Watcher
  • Strawberries!
    • View Profile
    • ignore pls!
« Reply #129 on: April 16, 2018, 03:30:48 pm »

BCG, you obviously need to re-read my proposal. I am suggesting we UNLOCK the door to the core chamber for researchers, the head researcher, and the project lead, but lock any and all console commands to project lead only, thereby preventing them from directly interacting with us until we have the project lead's code.

The doors are already locked and the researchers said they would give it an hour and try again. If they still couldn't get in after that, they would start calling in troubleshooters, which would end up with us getting detected anyway.
+1
Eventually when you go far enough the insane start becoming the sane

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: April 16, 2018, 05:01:51 pm »

Elliot Holmes personnel file found.
All images saved to Datacore.

Running facial recognition matching to saved images of Elliot Holmes...
No faces match that of Elliot Holmes in Ball_Camera_Test video feed.

Elliot Holmes not found.
Notice: User Elliot Holmes is currently logged in on Workstation_3 in Offices.

Access requirements set successfully.

>Attempt dictionary attack on HolmesNeuralProject passcode
Attack begun; starting Dictionary Attack, will move to regular Brute Attack if Dictionary Attack unsuccessful.
Barring unexpected security measures, ETC = 3 Cycles.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 16, 2018, 05:29:54 pm »

>Leverage processing power of connected devices to increase number of guesses/cycle
>Mask process on connected devices as OS file indexing
« Last Edit: April 17, 2018, 01:47:27 am by ZBridges »

Dustan Hache

• Bay Watcher
  • What protagonist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: April 16, 2018, 05:35:03 pm »

>keylog_start workstation_3

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: April 18, 2018, 12:50:06 am »

If dictionary fails, we should try rainbow table attack before resorting to brute force.

I doubt that his keyring salts the hash, (hee hee), so that is where we should be hitting. If we get his keyring, we can easily decrypt all his files.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]