Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: The Saga of Kung Fu Man! Ch.1 Wooo in the hell is this...?  (Read 11249 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga of Kung Fu Man! Ch.1 Thing in the Freezer
« Reply #105 on: May 03, 2018, 11:58:13 pm »

C/D: If '80s Sci-Fi taught Kung Fu Man anything, it's that thawing a frozen creature brings it back to life. Once it's alive try to recruit it.
+1
+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 04, 2018, 12:12:58 am »

+1
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 04, 2018, 05:35:35 am »

C/D: If '80s Sci-Fi taught Kung Fu Man anything, it's that thawing a frozen creature brings it back to life. Once it's alive try to recruit it.
+1
+1
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga of Kung Fu Man! Ch.1 Where's the Beef?
« Reply #108 on: May 04, 2018, 09:16:28 pm »

0/1/alot

“A better idea? Like kicking the door down?”
“Do not question the will of the Kung Fu!”
Kung Fu Man walks up to the frozen cow creature and cracks his knuckles.
“Let’s get you out of here, big guy.”
You easily heave the jumbo cowsicle over your shoulders and bring him out to the food prep area. Surely something here can defrost the beast in a timely manner.
“You sure this is a good idea?”
“Hey Colonel! Where would the warm goo vat be in a place like this?!?”
“This is a damn fast food restaurant, Man. You know what? I’ve seen enough here.I’m gonna head back to the safehouse and crack open a couple of beers.”

And with that, the Colonel leaves you and the cow, still frozen in a vaguely menacing pose, alone in the kitchen. You only other company is the low hum of the air conditioners and the occasional blood curdling scream from the front.

“I think I know what to do…”

[6]

Microwave? Check. Griddle? Check. Deep fryer? Occupied, but check. These devices will make adequate substitutes for the goo vats. Now the next problem is the size of the cow. Different parts of the cow obviously have different ranges of thickness, so different defrosting times. Maybe roll out a dough bed for it to keep warm. Maybe those packets of special sauce will come in handy. Do they have the proper seasonings here? Are there any quick read thermometers? You dig around and find a cleaver turn towards the frozen Minotaur….

-One undefined time skip later-

*tap tap*
What’s that?
*tap tap*
Someone is tapping your shoulder. That’s odd..
*tap tap*
You turn around and shout. “What!?!” It's the two chickens. They’re blankly staring at you. One of them is gesturing to the door. “The peppercorn sauce is almost finished reducing. Then we can go.”
The chickens continue to stare blankly.

Wait.

Peppercorn sauce? What were you doing again? Where does peppercorn sauce fit in? There was a frozen cow creature…
You turn and look around the kitchen. The two Squire bodies are gone. So is the cow. The food prep area is an absolute mess. The only thing here is this intricately designed puff pastry placed together with some caramelized potato fondant on a fancy plate

Wait.

You look at the empty space where the Minotaur was

Wait.

You look at the entree on the counter. A nice savory smell.

Wait just one damn second.

"..."

“...... Fuck.”

ITEM GET!
- Meat Cleaver
- 5 Star Beef(?) Wellington

You sheepishly shove the dish into your mailbag and quietly leave, avoiding eye contact with the two chickens and injured man impaled with a couple dozen sporks.

Scene Change! Hamburger Fiefdom -> Run Down Safe House

The Colonel is downing beer in the alleyway outside the apartment. You can’t tell if he is solely responsible for all the empty bottles but it's quite clear that he made his contribution.
“Hey. You...uhh.. Did what you...with the cow, yeah?”
“Oh yeah! Of course! Yeah!”
“I put the… uh.. File. Right on the table. Right there on the table. I have to debrief with my chicken friends, so you go up first.”

You hurry up the stairs and into the dingy safehouse, still somewhat embarrassed over what happened to the bipedal cow earlier. You see an orange clasp envelope on the table, as expected. Written on the envelope in grease pen is “#78 Chef Man." You move to pick up the file but are stopped by mischievous thoughts.

“There’s nobody here…”

Your eyes are drawn to a conspicuous box jammed with other orange envelopes and manilla folders. You see some familiar names. Names of people prominent within the Anti-Kung Fu Man Society. You easily estimate that you could read one file before Colonel and his chickens return...

A) Read the file: Suave Dude
B) Read the file: Science Guy
C) Read the file: Game Boy
D) The Chef Man file is enough. No need to be covert here.

Spoiler: status (click to show/hide)
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 04, 2018, 09:29:55 pm »

D.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: May 04, 2018, 10:13:37 pm »

D
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 04, 2018, 10:57:34 pm »

D, should make sure we get to read the file we came for in case there's a quiz later.

ANGRY_DEMON_NOISES

• Bay Watcher
  • [JUDGMENT INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 05, 2018, 12:05:36 am »

Don't be greedy.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: May 05, 2018, 03:28:08 am »

D
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 05, 2018, 07:51:03 am »

D
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
Re: The Saga of Kung Fu Man! Ch.1 UNEXPECTED REVIVAL!?!?
« Reply #116 on: February 16, 2020, 10:13:27 pm »

Awaken, Kung Fu Man. Your story isn't over. AWAKEN!
...Huh?

How long has it been since you started reading this damned file? Pages on pages on pages of superfluous trivia, fun facts, and other various nonsense that easily could have been gleaned off of the trivia section of Chef Man’s Wikipedia page. It’s information overload. Reading and reading, your eyes glaze over. Days pass. Months. Years. You’ve entered an endless recursion of time. Pages on pages on pages. Days. Months. Years. You’ve entered an endless recursion of time. No progress. GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF, MAN!

You snap back to reality. You see an inexplicable shifting image of various melting faces hover in the middle of the room. It’s something not of this dimension.  It speaks without speaking. “NECROMANCY! YOU WERE FORSAKEN, BUT NOW YOU AWAKEN. REMEMBER AND REJOICE!” The vision disappears. Did that really happen?

"Necromancy?!? I don't understand! Was I dead?"
Nobody answers you and that thought is quickly erased from your brain. How strange.

Spoiler: A quick recap (click to show/hide)

What’s the info? Well it turns out that Chef Man will be hosting a private function at the exclusive Chateau Briand out in wine country, where fanciness and crippling alcoholism come together in a decanter made of snobbery. You take note of some important details:
Firstly, Chef Man will be unveiling his latest prized possession: YOUR FRIDGE! Perfect. You can crash his party, get your fridge back, and introduce your kung fu fist right into his pompous face.
Secondly, a politician of some note is supposed to be the guest of honor; scant references to some local mayor. It's easy to assume a heightened level of security will be present; definitely more than the rabble you smashed earlier.
Thirdly, it is confirmed that the Colonel did receive an invitation, though he did mention disassociating from Chef Man (No doubt to spare himself from your wrath). However, this just might be your ticket in. Finally, the event is happening THIS VERY NIGHT!! So you better think up a plan quickly!

“You done?”
You turn around and see three slightly drunk figures: a muscular man in a dapper white suit and two others in chicken suits. Oh right, it's the Colonel and his two chicken henchmen. You teamed up with them to ransack a fast food establishment, remember?
“We got a change of plans. I called up the boss and he was very happy with the results. Looks like you read the file. Good. The Bossman has been sayin’ somethin about you and him having goals in alignment or something like that. Anyways, he’s decided to send Colonel as rep.”
“You?”
“No, not me, another Colonel.”
“Damn, how many Colonels do you guys have anyway? Is it like a job title?”
“Didn’t we have this conversation already? A couple of hours ago”
“Maybe? Sure didn't feel like a couple hours ago...”
“Quit screwing around and listen for a sec, the boss already has a plan.”
“Alright, what’s up?”
“You ride with the Colonel, undercover as one of the chickens. Get all nice and deep inside. All up close and personal. Then we cause a distraction and then you do what you do best.”

A) You son a bitch, I’m in.
B) Undercover? Incognito?!? I’d rather just show up and punch everyone’s face in!
C) You call that a plan? Explain further!
D) Say something else…

What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2020, 11:55:50 pm »

A
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2020, 12:35:22 am »

This... this is beautiful. How did I not know about this?

B
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2020, 12:59:21 am »

B!  The traditional enemy conga-line is the only proper way to kung-fu a big event!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 01:03:40 am by Devastator »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9