Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Winter: Memories in Snow  (Read 2171 times)

Radiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Winter: Memories in Snow
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2018, 02:17:59 pm »

The old smith wanders off, and you find yourself somewhere to wait. And wait, and wait...

The sun is setting over the horizon when Forsier finally ceases his preaching. From there, it isn't difficult to follow him home - This place isn't exactly a lush forest (Really, more like an endless series of rocky knolls) but the terrain is still enough to hide you from casual glances back, as long as you keep your distance. Night has already fallen as you arrive at the man's destination, and really, there isn't much to see.

It's a hut, to be blunt. Hand-made, probably with minimal tools. Old too, as is the rickety fence that might theoretically ward wild animals off from getting into the large garden that you might generously call a 'farm'. ...Actually, that farm is a little off, now that you think about it - It isn't that it's too much food for one man, but there's nowhere to store any of it. If this is all there is to the mad prophet's land, there should be a pile of rotting crops anyone could smell a mile away every winter.

There's not much you'll be able to find out without getting closer, and risking being discovered.

Spoiler: Gylfi (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2018, 02:37:14 pm »

Set up camp nearby, break into his hut after he leaves the next morning
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2018, 12:06:17 am »

Set up camp nearby, break into his hut after he leaves the next morning
And steal all of his secrets.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 23, 2018, 12:13:46 pm »

"...Seriously? If you say so..."

You neither hear nor see any trace of the cosmic facepalm currently happening in the future. That's not important right now anyway. What matters is that after one boring night hidden away in a small copse of trees nearby, you have the old man's hut all to yourself. Sure enough, he set back out for the town sometime around noon - And it shouldn't be a surprise that such a shoddily made place doesn't have a functional lock on the front door.

Inside, everything is just about as you would expect from a place like this. It's cluttered, but nothing special - A simple bed, a table and some ceramic dishes, all the odds and ends and tools needed to live such a remote life, and- A fur rug, covering up a trap door. Has that trick ever worked? Regardless of the wisdom behind Forsier's 'security', what's down below is rather more interesting. This place must have been built on top of the entry to a natural cave system. At first, it's just a cellar, a nice cold place to keep his food away from animals and the elements. But as you continue, those mundane trappings fall away. There's runes carved into the walls down here, reading much the same as the man's rambling back in town - And just about as coherently, unfortunately. If anything, it's more vague. He must have written these himself.

The tunnel opens up into a small cavern once you reach the end. It's almost empty, save for one thing: A well in the center, filled with glowing green water, and with what has to be some sort of shrine built around it. The air here is tense and heavy. If you proceed any further, to get a better look, you'll be entering holy ground. Holy to what... That's still up in the air, really. As is how they'll react.

Spoiler: Gylfi (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 23, 2018, 12:52:41 pm »

Cautiously inspect the shrine.
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 23, 2018, 11:36:54 pm »

if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?
Pages: 1 2 [3]