Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Winter: Memories in Snow  (Read 2173 times)

Radiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Winter: Memories in Snow
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2018, 01:45:57 pm »

"Where... Where? The mines- They- From the north! They shall come from the north! Where the dwarves forged them, where the dwarves forged them away! A passage to their world of darkness and stone, long forgotten... Forgotten! There's nothing you can do, to seek them out is to bring our dooms even closer!" The man's responses are getting less coherent the longer this goes on. A growing desperation in his eyes, like a cornered beast - And it only grows worse, hearing someone questioning him for details he so clearly does not have.

Fortunately, someone else chimes in. An old man, with greying hair and the distinctive build and scars of a lifetime of smithing. He looks skeptical, no fear or panic in his eyes like some of the younger members of the crowd - But the way he rubs his chin, he doesn't seem to be dismissing the claims out of hand either. "Hah? Northern mines? Now, I don't know anythin' about any passages to the land 'a the dwarves, but there's only one mine of any size between here and the frozen wastes up at top of the world. Been empty fer... Ah, at least fifty winters now, since I was a boy. Closed down after a big shakeup, collapsed a bunch 'a tunnels."

Spoiler: Rune-speakers (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Gylfi (click to show/hide)

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2018, 01:59:28 pm »

Who are you, old man? Do you believe this doomsayer?
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2018, 02:57:01 am »

Who are you, old man? Do you believe this doomsayer?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Radiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2018, 01:41:16 pm »

"Old man? Hah! Ya can call me that when I'm in the grave, and not a day before!" A hearty laugh, a shake of his head. He responds with about as much energy as you'd expect from his forge, though it dies down quickly as he waves any concerns away with a dismissive motion. The preacher glares at the both of you for a moment, before his attention shifts back to the rest of the crowd to continue his same panic-inducing speech as before. "But nah, nah, I'm just the smith 'round these parts, so all this talk of metal monsters' got my attention. It's probably nothin', yeah? But what if it wasn't... I'd pay an arm and a leg for any dwarf-made tools, even if they ain't gonna try and kill us all! Name's Sied, and you... Traveller, yeah? I know the look, ya stick out like a sore thumb around all these local farmers and hunters and the lot of 'em."

« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 10:52:39 am by Radiant »

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2018, 02:04:11 pm »

I am Gylfi, travelling rune-speaker. I hail from Brightmarch, in the east. Or at least I used to, before it was destroyed by marauders many years ago. Now, I travel to and from, searching for places to ply my craft. Besides this madman, what other rumors have you heard in this town?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2018, 02:16:06 pm »

I am Gylfi, I have been wandering without purpose for a long time now. I hail from the ruins of Brightmarch, in the east. After the Slaughter-demons had been put down, my home felt too cold to me until i had a reason to settle down, hence my curiosity towards the blight that may plight this land.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Radiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2018, 11:29:26 am »

"Ach, stories like that are all too common these days... Hah, it's likely why people pay so much mind to the ones talkin' gloom and doom lately. 'S like there's a new story of a new ruin every week. Though, haha, I can't say I've seen a refugee yet who claims skills like that!" He stops, rubbing his chin and looking you over before resuming his speech. "But rumors... Well, like I said, there's plenty of stories of terrible things happening, but nothin' much in the way of proof. Locally though! 'Round here, we been doin' pretty well for ourselves. Got a bit of food poisoning goin' round from a bad harvest, but that's 'bout it. I don't put much stock in a few panicky housewives crying 'necromancy' every time anybody gets sick, yeah? ...This thing in the mine though, somethin' feels off about that story. Guy up there, he ain't a man o the gods or anything, ain't never claimed any prophetic dreams before. So something musta set him off, ya know?"

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2018, 11:36:57 am »

You saying this madman is a local? Not some traveler? You actually know who he is?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2018, 10:29:30 pm »

What kind of rumors of about terrible things?
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Radiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2018, 02:06:31 pm »

Sied rubs the back of his neck for a moment, gaze twisting skyward slightly as he considers the questions. It's pretty clear he doesn't spend too much thought on this sort of thing most of the time. "Ah, geez, there's just too many of 'em to list, ya know? There's talk of demons in the east and giants in the south, necromancers everywhere, and- Look, don't put too much stock in this, but some of the more paranoid sorts have been insisting the stars are going out. One or two every night... Hah, as if anyone's counting close enough to notice!" More uproarious laughter, he wavs it all off with a grin as he continues. "Now, as for the doomsayer up there, yeah I know 'im - Well, he's not quite a local either, honestly. Somewhere between that and a hermit I guess? Goes by Forsier, has his own place and a little farm way out away from everybody. Comes by every few weeks for supplies, but today's the only time I've seen him like this."

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2018, 04:29:30 am »

Can give us directions to the mine?

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2018, 08:18:13 am »

How close is this guy's farm, should go check it out for any clues

Radiant

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2018, 10:52:53 am »

"Ah, that's easy - Hell, they're both pretty much down the same way. Ya just take the north-eastern road outta town, an' always take the right-hand path if there's a branch. That'd get ya to his place. Just retrace yer steps and go left at the last turn instead and you'll be headed toward the mine instead." He pauses after that answer, peering down at you and stroking his chin. "Don't you go makin' no trouble though, yeah? If you really wanna go see that ruined mine, it ain't no skin off my back, but folks what live out alone like that like their privacy."

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2018, 11:37:44 am »

'Thanks for the info'
Shadow the doomsayer back to his house and observe

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2018, 11:11:01 pm »

'Thanks for the info'
Shadow the doomsayer back to his house and observe
+1 Then go and scout out the entrance of the mine.
Pages: 1 [2] 3