Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12

Author Topic: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Fifteen!)  (Read 19786 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning One!)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2018, 10:55:14 pm »

Make up a game based around baseball trading cards.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2018, 12:21:01 am »

Eat the bullet I just found so no one can steal it, then run and hide in the nearest trashcan.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2018, 01:14:21 am »

Get up off my lazy butt and practice some swings, dammnit.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2018, 01:32:09 am »

Zero

Teach Gary how to hack minds.
Insert witty signature here

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2018, 04:06:14 am »

try to put down the fire in my clothes
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2018, 01:22:11 pm »

"Yay, I'm getting better."
Practice running all the bases and be the BEST!/

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2018, 01:50:29 pm »

OPEN FIRE ON HOME PLATE!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: Batter Up! - A Minimalist Roll To Dodge (Inning Two!)
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2018, 10:45:01 pm »

Inning Two!

Be a giant worm. Devour earth in search of gold.

[1-1=0]: Nope, in fact you do the opposite. You suffer a claustrophobic attack, freaking out you try to claw up, you only cover yourself in more dirt. You scream, you cry out... But nobody comes to your aid. You die of suffocation. But hey, at least you're now a ghost! (+1 to your next roll)

[5+1=6]: You go searching for gold, but in all of that, you wind up accidentally possessing a nearby baseball... A baseball that's about to be hit. You must roll to dodge! (-1 to your next roll)

[5 for the bat/6 for Secheral]: The batter manages to just miss the swing, and you wind up able to live another day.

Do a jig/Kill someone/Kick someone/Play Baseball.

[4]: You grab a baseball bat, and walk behind a random player... That player is...King Zultan! You proceed to swing, King Zultan must roll to dodge!

[1 for King Zultan/5 for Ryden]: You crack the bat right into King's temple, killing him instantly. You keep beating the body until he is a bloody pulp. The ghost has now left your body, and all of the other players are staring at you in horror. Zultan is now a ghost.

Attempts to go Super Saiyan.

[1]: You attempt to go Super Saiyan... but you instead give yourself a hernia... Ouch, that's gotta hurt like hell. (-1 to your next roll)

Make up a game based around baseball trading cards.

[5]: You develop a very intricate Baseball trading card game called Batter Up!. In this game, you take several players from different teams into seperate decks. Based on their Hit/Strike Ratio, you determine which one is stronger than the other. Essentially, think of it as War, but with Baseball players. The player with the most amount of cards wins. This game you have created becomes very popular among high society, and you are praised for its creation. You make bank essentially. Good work. (+1 to your next roll)

Eat the bullet I just found so no one can steal it, then run and hide in the nearest trashcan.

[2]: You can't eat the bullet because you are a ghost and have no way of digesting it.

[1-1=0]: You attempt to hide in the nearest trashcan, but you wind up being sent to Hell of all places. You look up it terror and see a mountain of spikes and fire, fire spikes. A demon at the bottom says, "If you wish to proceed, you must do as decreed! Climb that mountain to the top, and be careful not to drop! Along that mountain are many trials, but I assure you it is worth your while. Work hard and don't lose control, This is your last chance to reclaim your soul." He laughs and disappears... You have a long journey ahead of you... At least you have that demon on your side... I guess. (+1 to your next roll)

Get up off my lazy butt and practice some swings, dammnit.

[4]: You get up off of your lazy butt.

[3]: You go to practice your swings, they are weak and wimpy... Baby swings in essence. Looks like someone needs more practice.

Zero

Teach Gary how to hack minds.

[5]: You teach Gary how to control all kinds of minds, human minds, animal minds, even the minds of the dead, and the minds of otherworldly beings. Everyone is impressed with your talent of teaching snails. (+1 to your next roll)

try to put down the fire in my clothes

[2]: You don't do that, you just give in to the fact that your clothes are a lost cause.

"Yay, I'm getting better."
Practice running all the bases and be the BEST!/

[2]: You decide you like it at first base and take a nap. It's refreshing, but nothing is accomplished.

OPEN FIRE ON HOME PLATE!

[2(Again with all of the 2's)]: You don't open fire on home plate, you instead decide that you'd like a caprisun, so you go sip some of that while you take a siesta.

Event: Ryden The Killer!

Your friend, Ryden Kic, has just murdered King Zultan in cold blood. You don't know why he has done it, and why he is just standing there covered in blood, but you know you need to do something about it.

Inning Finish!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2018, 10:50:04 pm by Lovefool »
Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2018, 10:55:52 pm »

Challenge the murderer to a Sandlot Duel, a special Batter Up! game that takes place in the Sandlot Realm, where the players on the cards become real. Yes, they're already real, but the cards conjure copies of them to battle. Anyway, banish him to the Sandlot Realm if he loses.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2018, 11:54:03 pm »

Posses the batter and take someone's lunch money.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2018, 11:55:47 pm »

Zero

Have Gary mind hack the nearest player into doing my bidding. If the player struggles and demands a reason for my actions, simply tell them that my motives are complex. Order this player to kill themself.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 01:16:24 pm by GigaGiant »
Insert witty signature here

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2018, 12:29:57 am »

Ryden
Attack doomblade with my baseball bat.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 03:14:21 pm by Puppyguard »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2018, 04:21:06 am »

Climb the hell mountain and be ready to avoid all of the traps.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2018, 04:32:55 am »

try to summon new clothes.
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2018, 12:09:14 pm »

Practice my swings like a fucking madman.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12