Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: Tribal - A dynastic group survival game : Year 1 Winter  (Read 6897 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Tribal - A dynastic group survival game
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2018, 08:32:01 pm »

The Reverio family has a long line of tradition for understanding the knacks and arts of combat and war, and have improved combatant ability because of it. This shall lead and help their tribe become a powerful force once they have become prosperous enough.

Gerali shall spent 6 AP on exploring the environment, the 4 AP than go into Mud Huts for technology

Madelyne shall spent 8 AP on farming one plot of land than spent the other 2 AP on researching Wooden Weapons

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2018, 10:11:19 pm »

A have quite a few questions. (I don't mean to burden you.)

Does "turn" mean season? (I assume it does, but just making sure.)
Is the  :) loss mentioned in paragraph 1 caused by the communal shelter, or is it in addition to it?
How much food does a field yield?
Would I get a discount when researching farm tech?
Can two (or more) family members pool their points to work together on something?
And what about two members of different tribes?
Can I work on a neighbour's land (e.g. plant their field for them)?
Is a pregnant tribeswoman restricted in some way?
Does raising a child cost AP?
At what age can a child start working?
Lastly, does "16so" mean 16 seasons old? (Are we a bunch of four-year-olds? :P)

EDIT: Does food spoil?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 10:25:07 pm by Pavellius »

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2018, 10:14:36 pm »

The Ito family was, at the moment, concerned with a handful of things, food, and knowledge. As such, Robun would work on sowing the seeds to crops in the land the family had and, after having tended to the farm, would spend the rest of his time looking into making a kind of tool to clear tree's that could stand in the way of where future constructions could be made, in other words an axe. Eri meanwhile would go out and explore the surroundings carefully, and upon returning, they would help Robun with their little research.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2018, 10:15:37 pm »

Seth and Amelia each spend 7 AP farming, 2 AP resting each breeding with each other twice, and 1 AP each on Mud Huts with Gerali (probably also frees up an AP).
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 05:36:21 pm by Glass »
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2018, 10:25:13 pm »

Wait we're all a single tribe here than, and not just a sporadic group of nomads in some fashion? Thanks for the two free AP than?... Can that means two individuals of different families interbreed than (I guess both players have to be willing to utilize their participants than?)

2 extra AP Goes into Mud Huts than, 1 from Gerali and 1 from Madelyne

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2018, 10:30:37 pm »

Nora Greenstone plants one of the plots (7) and Boris plants the other (7). Then they procreate three times (3+3).

As long as we're working together, I'll be willing to share my surplus harvest if need be.  :)

EDIT: Changed action.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 09:43:31 am by Pavellius »

helmacon

• Bay Watcher
  • Just a smol Angel
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2018, 01:01:06 am »

Hmm... Ptw.
Science is Meta gaming IRL. Humans are cheating fucks.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2018, 02:50:42 am »

I knew I forgot a few things :p Answers in bold.

Does "turn" mean season? (I assume it does, but just making sure.) Yes
Is the  :) loss mentioned in paragraph 1 caused by the communal shelter, or is it in addition to it? In addition, thus your tribals will be losing :) 2 per season at the moment
How much food does a field yield? Normal yield is six food
Would I get a discount when researching farm tech? No
Can two (or more) family members pool their points to work together on something? Yes
And what about two members of different tribes? Yes
Can I work on a neighbour's land (e.g. plant their field for them)? Yes
Is a pregnant tribeswoman restricted in some way? No, see below
Does raising a child cost AP? No, see below
At what age can a child start working? 16so
Lastly, does "16so" mean 16 seasons old? (Are we a bunch of four-year-olds? :P) Yes, we below
Does food spoil? Not normally

A Tribal is a curious creature, similar in many respects to a human. There are a number of differences however. They only live twenty years, (or eighty seasons) and are fully mature at four years (sixteen seasons). They lay eggs soon after procreation, which hatch a full season later. The children are mostly independent from hatching, thus there is no loss in AP from caring for them, but they also do not contribute until they have matured. Like many other egg-laying creatures, the child quill imprint on the first tribal they see, thus it is perfectly reasonable to trade in batches eggs like any other commodity.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2018, 03:53:37 am »

Lar > Plant crops (8AP) + Procreate with Tarax2 (1AP)
Tara > Plant crops (8AP) + Procreate with Larx2 (1AP)

Lar and Tara are deeply in love and spend the spring together in the field farming crops and... making frequent breaks for other, more pleasant activities.

« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 07:34:58 am by Strongpoint »
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2018, 03:59:03 am »

That's fine. You'll just get to roll twice for making a baby.

Wait we're all a single tribe here than, and not just a sporadic group of nomads in some fashion? Thanks for the two free AP than?... Can that means two individuals of different families interbreed than (I guess both players have to be willing to utilize their participants than?)
Yes, you're all a single tribe. At first. Once you become less interdependent you could insulate yourself from the others and trade/war with them as your own tribe if you wish.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 04:58:01 am by Kashyyk »

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2018, 09:29:59 am »

SKODA:
 Marinus:
  Plant crops
  Breed x2 w/Octavia
 Octavia:
  Plant crops
  Breed x2 w/Marinus

((Can we get multiple offspirng a season?))
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 01:12:40 pm by SaberToothTiger »
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2018, 09:33:53 am »

I knew I forgot a few things :p Answers in bold.

Does "turn" mean season? (I assume it does, but just making sure.) Yes
Is the  :) loss mentioned in paragraph 1 caused by the communal shelter, or is it in addition to it? In addition, thus your tribals will be losing :) 2 per season at the moment
How much food does a field yield? Normal yield is six food
Would I get a discount when researching farm tech? No
Can two (or more) family members pool their points to work together on something? Yes
And what about two members of different tribes? Yes
Can I work on a neighbour's land (e.g. plant their field for them)? Yes
Is a pregnant tribeswoman restricted in some way? No, see below
Does raising a child cost AP? No, see below
At what age can a child start working? 16so
Lastly, does "16so" mean 16 seasons old? (Are we a bunch of four-year-olds? :P) Yes, we below
Does food spoil? Not normally

A Tribal is a curious creature, similar in many respects to a human. There are a number of differences however. They only live twenty years, (or eighty seasons) and are fully mature at four years (sixteen seasons). They lay eggs soon after procreation, which hatch a full season later. The children are mostly independent from hatching, thus there is no loss in AP from caring for them, but they also do not contribute until they have matured. Like many other egg-laying creatures, the child quill imprint on the first tribal they see, thus it is perfectly reasonable to trade in batches eggs like any other commodity.
Thanks for the clarification.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 18, 2018, 09:42:33 am »

I swapped out resting for breeding.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

piratejoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Obscure References and Danmaku everywhere.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 18, 2018, 09:45:15 am »

Random question since I feel its related, is it possible to, in the future, increase the maximum age a tribal can live? Say, with better hygiene standards, medical care, standards of living, and so on? Kinda like how now days we have people living in their 100's yet in the 10th century people where lucky to live to the age of 30 if they wheren't a noble and most nobles where lucky to live to 60.
Battleships Hurl insults from behind thick walls, Destroyers beat up small children, Carriers stay back in the kitchen, and Cruisers are a bunch of tryhards who pretend to be loners.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 18, 2018, 12:19:21 pm »

Kinda like how now days we have people living in their 100's yet in the 10th century people where lucky to live to the age of 30 if they wheren't a noble and most nobles where lucky to live to 60.
That's a myth. Low mean life expectancy was due to high infant mortality; those who survived infancy were likely to live to ages comparable, though less, than we expect now. In the 2nd century AD, Phlegon of Tralles wrote a list of contemporary Italians who had lived to be 100, which does not appear to have been mythical – nor something that would have been perceived as impossible.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8