Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12

Author Topic: Your most complicated artifact?  (Read 9345 times)

Slartibartfast

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of Tin
    • View Profile
Re: Your most complicated artifact?
« Reply #150 on: March 29, 2007, 06:13:00 am »

quote:
<STRONG>the demon is crying. the dwarf is laughing.</STRONG>

"Stop hitting yourself!"
But what do I know?
Everything I say should be taken with atleast 1 tsp. of salt, and another liter of Dwarven Wine is recommended.

"I thought it was the size of the others!" said Vanon. "I guess it was just standing further away!"

schnobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 29, 2007, 07:58:00 am »

"Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally designed image of a demon by Zan Etäggeshud. The demon looks confused."

Good forbid that DF ever gets graphics. No actual picture could entertain me as much as this description.

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 29, 2007, 02:00:00 pm »

I've been running around in my old fortress in adventure mode, but I can't find any of the artifacts. Aren't they supposed to be there?

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 29, 2007, 03:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Genuine:
<STRONG>

Wow. Remember what it was worth?</STRONG>

didnt bother with economy on that one

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Marble Dice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 07, 2007, 08:42:00 pm »

My most ridiculous artifacts to date include Vudtharkulal Stibbomstemelaniritdun, AKA "Ransackedwondered the Primitive Responsible Sister Charm"... it's a pig tail right mitten, with bands of pig tail cloth, menacing with pig tail spikes.  Think the artisan was trying to compensate for something?

The other would have to be Zikelsheget Zarut Sogdol, AKA "Fiercehorns the Insanities of Famine"... made of darkest obsidian, it features brutal obsidian spikes covered with images of dogs felling dwarves, and ratmen in menacing poses lording over cowed dwarves.  It's an children's toy mini-forge.  I'm not sure what dark times gripped the spirits that possessed the crafter, but I'm pretty sure I don't want my children playing with their toys.

[ September 07, 2007: Message edited by: Marble Dice ]

he Legendary Everlasting World

Retales

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 08, 2007, 05:09:00 pm »

My metalsmith did this recently:
2 logs
2 iron ore
1 platinum ore
2 stone
1 leather
---
Avéddostob, "Clobberedclearings", a iron earring

This is a iron earring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with zinc and decorated with Obsidian, Cedar and Willow. This object is adorned with hanging rings of iron and menaces with spikes of iron. On the item is an image of a dog in platinum. The dog is screaming. On the item is an image of a bed in dog leather.
---

Yeah, I have been decreasing the amount of dogs in my fort lately :P . The next artifact that was made (by a craftsdwarf) had "an image of a dwarf and a iron earring in Pig tail. The dwarf is raising the iron earring." :P

Quote from: roundedge link=topic=27527.msg362681#msg362681
And so, little dwarfling if to mayor you rise
never forget to heed this advice
when it's items outdoors, no matter how small
remember remember to forbid them all.
GENERATION 31:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

chaswick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 09, 2007, 01:52:00 am »

This is my most complicated (and strange) artifact.  Only the second one in this fortress, made by a mason in a secretive mood.  Fortress is just entering the second winter.

This is a Siltstone statue.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with Siltstone and encircled with bands of Siltstone and Maple.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of Maplem and turtle shell and menaces with spikes of Siltstone.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a large Rock crystal in silver.  The dwarf is raising the large Rock crystal.

quot;@"@""i"

"A most unusual fungal rot," Mul observed, rubbing the greasy white mass between his gloved fingers.  It left a foul-smelling blue residue.

"But how can I get rid of it?" Doran said urgently.  "I''ve lost half of my crop to the blight al

Kellin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 12, 2007, 07:08:00 pm »

Don't know about complicated, as I rarely remember to check what my dwarves are using.  Don't know about value, either, since I haven't got economy turned on.  But here are a few:

First fortress, second mood.  Possessed, dammit.  Jeweler made Nommden, "Godlytribes," a perfect diamond.  It's a diamond encrusted diamond.  I got insanely lucky here, discovering diamonds at the end of my first year.

On the subject of beds, I present to you Vakistlecad, "Lacyclean," a ruby bed encrusted with rubies.

Most complicated name goes to Umrilvudthar Ulingnazomshigos Guz, "Pineransack the Crazed Dreamy Pack of Simpl..."  The name is too long for the screen.  It's a tower-cap animal trap, encircled with bands of tower-cap.  It menaces with spikes of brass.

Funny name, complicated, probably would be Kesminran, "Scratcheditches," a Moonstone toy hammer.  I quote:

"This is a Moonstone toy hammer.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  It is decorated with cat leather and encircled with bands of Maple.  This object menaces with spikes of oak and red spinel.
On the item is an image of dwarves in wolf leather.  The dwarves are laboring.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a tin earring in emerald.  The dwarf is raising the tin earring.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a goblin in Red spinel.  The goblin is shooting the dwarf."

Most appropriately named is Lelgasezneth, "Lushfragments", a perfect red spinel.  Close second is Roderthidas, "Baldfrills".  It's a pig tail coat.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 12, 2007, 08:40:00 pm »

quote:
(By the way, the dwarf (who is now ultra-mighty, unbelievably agile and unbelievably tough) happens to love onyx and hate flies. Why she decided to make flies on her piccolo, I'm not sure.)

The turtle bones are carved into strawberry shaped cages which hang from the bottom of the artifact. Playing the piccolo will attract flys to the fruit shapped traps, trapping them. The images of flies on the shaft and the bit of horse leather are there as a sort of insruction manual. The name refers to raw, rotting fly bodies seen inside the berries and the noise made by the living flies(beating their wings rappidly to try to warn other flies) while it is played.

quote:
Thatthiltislam Romektarmid, Autumndessert the Long Blade, a bronze amulet

This one depicts the much hated roaches that ruin the tasty and brewable pickle berries (which are being carried by elven mules and bought by dwarfs) being trapped in web of cave spider silk. The spikes that imerge from the expertly woven silk represent the spider's legs, spinnetts and mouthparts. "the Long blade" is a metaphor for the spider. The phrase "Autumndessert" refers to the blissful quiet that fall(rather like in a desert) now that all the damned roaches are dead.

quote:
Kâkdalthan Zilirkobem, "Brimscrosses the Eternal Troubles", a bonobo leather armor

This was made to scare off bonobos. The cat is the one that killed the bonobo that made the bones.

quote:
This is an iron crown.

The iron dwarfs are holding up the spikes of iron. The blue dwarf and grounghog on a field of green rat weed is part the king's coat of arms.

quote:
Roderator Usirakil Ilush, "Baldnesschopped the Glacial Points of Carnage", a platinum idol.

This is a idol to a godess of icy winters with a thing for feeding live dwarfs to her pet spiders.

quote:
Ilbådathel Arothtekkud, "Guilerings the Magical Picks", a tiger leather high boot

This shoe lets you walk super sneakily if  you tie the laces into the rings of onyx. The spikes of leather are infact a curly toe bit. There is only one boot as a person wearing 2 heavy boots cannot be sneaky.

quote:
Estiltharnas, "Whirledslayers", a platinum goblet.

This one will transforn the blood of ratmen into the finest tuber beer. The pictures show dwarfs lifting the tuber and bradishing weapons on one end and the tuber transforming into wine on the other.

quote:
This is a silver toy boat.

On this peice, the boat is silver with a wooden mast and a lobster shell sail. There are figures of minotaurs with very large horns fighting with roaches.

quote:
Isdenngotol Uling, "The Watchful Ghost of Crazes", a piccolo.

This item is haunted by a ghost of a dwarf that die to a failed mood when the overseer forgot about him in a locked workshop. It lets loose a horrible wailing sound whenever a dwarf is taken by a mood to alert to overseer.

quote:
Lirukunib, "The Violent Rags", a _ cage.

This one is realy a set of 5 engraved bars that are inset into holes in the floor.

quote:
Anurgarem, "The Wonderous General", a copper harp

When played before battle, 3 sets of ghosts appear to tell you about the fight to come: a figure displaying the fiercest foe you will face(in this case a ice wolf), a gaggle of argueing tactians all giving contrary advice(not all of it good) and a imposing dwarf with a gravel that will tell you of the glory you will see this day.

quote:
Danarros, "Couplethrower", a platinum drum

This one refers to how the demon threw the dwarf into the pits.

quote:
An Oaken animal trap

Bonsi tree with a hidden bear trap.

quote:
Iltangerib, "Forkgorges", a gold puzzlebox...made by a possesed dwarf

This one opens a gateway to the netherworld if you solve it.

quote:
Zursal Mamgoz, "the Sever of Dragons", a Oaken bucket

Human scribes made a typo. It should read "the Server of Dragons"

Hypcso

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 20, 2007, 07:14:00 pm »

Was made by a Child after his mother and 5 siblings burned to death in a freak magma accident. I was fairly surprised when he hauled about 15 items into the shop and started work.

His mother was also a legendary Miner, which i'm guessing is where the "pick" came from.

[ September 20, 2007: Message edited by: Hypcso ]

oolon1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 22, 2007, 10:42:00 pm »

Just add one of my most recent artifacts that impressed me:

Esgansitrit Umoz, "The Clear Slim Cuts of Rampaging", a Ruby bracelet

This is a Ruby bracelet.  All craftswarfship is of the highest quality.  It is encrusted with Ruby, studded with steel, decorated with crystal glass and encircled with bands of turtle bone, wolf leather and gold.  This object menaces with spikes of Aquamarine, cow leather and Tower-cap.
On the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in Aquamarine.  The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.

So my tally is:

ruby
ruby
steel
crystal glass
turtle bone
wolf leather
gold
aquamarine
cow leather
tower-cap
aquamarine

Total value: 235200*

creodor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 03, 2007, 09:29:00 pm »

Just had a random peasant conquer a craftdwarves shop for this one:

Mahogany Logs *3
Steel Bars
Rough Red Spinel
Turtle Shell
Red Spinels
Rope Reed Cloth

Dastotatol, "Swordfinders", a Mahogany Crown

Encrusted with Red Spinel, studded with steel, decorated with mahogany and turtle shell, and encircled with bands of Mahogany and turtle shell. Menaces with spikes of Mahogany.
Image of a dwarf in Red Spinel making a plaintive gesture.

Jerk just had to use steel on it. ah well. At least the name is cool.

Free Game List

fish are drowning again ~Fourth Triad

Alfador

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerous Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: October 04, 2007, 12:54:00 am »

Well, there was the gold-studded gold floodgate with rings of cave fish bone, and the ruby scepter encrusted with ruby...

But what takes the cake is Stemelzaskol Okab, "The Responsible Crystalline Wheels of Breaking", a cave spider silk cap with a name so long it overflows the window by a lot.

True, I already mentioned it in the "apt names" artifact thread, but I thought this jester's cap bore mentioning again.

And at this time, my eyes menace with spikes of sleep and are encircled with bands of obsidian.

This is a fox skull helmet. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It menaces with spikes of fox bone and is encircled with bands of fox leather. This item is haunted by the ghost of Alfador Angrorung the fox.

God of Toast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: October 06, 2007, 01:58:00 pm »

The name was so long it cut off the last word.

The last word is Quills by the way.

anyar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 14, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

Tarontat Rulbisól, "Yelltouched the Mute Peace", a goblin bone door
This is a goblin bone door. All craftdwarfship is of the highest quality. it is encircled with bands of wolf bone and Rose quartz. This object is adorned with hanging rings of wolf bone and menaces with spike of goblin bone and rope reed. On the item is an image of a door in fox leather.

I'm seriously thinking about installing this as the entrance door of my fortress when the maker drops it.

[ February 14, 2008: Message edited by: anyar ]

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12