Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Your most complicated artifact?  (Read 9356 times)

Mogmiester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Your most complicated artifact?
« Reply #120 on: January 28, 2007, 07:46:00 am »

Although not very complicated (3x iron and rope reed cloth), I got an artifact iron spear and a legenary weaponsmith   :cool:. I think I need a cold shower... However, I dare not conscript him, incase he guts 3 or 4 dwarves whilst training : (. Need to ask Toady for training dummies, so that your military dwarves can train with killing each other
My cat's breath smells of cat food.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 28, 2007, 02:30:00 pm »

My carpenter just grabbed a cedar log and created an artifact armor stand, encircled with bands of cedar. It was named Severdeath the God of Rivers. It'd be a lot more fitting if he made a floodgate. Especially if it was "Sewerdeath".  :)
Got me a legendary carpenter that suddenly overtook my bin-constructing workshop and used up half my wood supply (about 20 logs) for bins until I noticed it and stopped him...
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 04, 2007, 12:42:00 pm »

Zursulgast "Severcleaves"

This is a rock crystal bed. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encrusted with rock crystal, decorated with gneiss, and encircled with bands of chalk. This object menaces with spikes of opal and chalk.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a dwarf in rock crystal. The dwarf is striking down the dwarf.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a raccoon in black bear leather. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. The raccoon is laughing.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a dwarf in cave spider silk. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture, the dwarf is striking a menacing pose.

[ February 04, 2007: Message edited by: roguester ]

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 12, 2007, 11:48:00 am »

"Dragonpulley", a cave spider silk RIGHT mitten. Not mittens... but A RIGHT MITTEN1! Was the other mitten not an artifact? Seriously way to weiea it was like 3 stacks of spider silk, electrum bars, silver bars, oak and maple logs and rough adventurines.

Jax Strife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 12, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »

Not really my most complicated.. but my first in this new fortress. And well, I laughed. Hard. Its so ironic. "The Gold of Points." a turtle shell animal trap. This is a turtle shell animal trap. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with turtle shell and turtle bone. This objected is adorned with hanging rings of turtle shell. On the item is an image of dwarves in turtle shell. The dwarves are laboring.

Shzar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 14, 2007, 12:52:00 am »

The dwarves in my current fortress have a peculiar... fondness for beds.
First I get "Ushulziril Gatalnar, Realmsfires the Ageless Oblivion, a Marble bed." Not a terribly remarkable artifact, aside from it being a mysterious stone bed.
And just now, I got "Kenisokol Gidur Kiron, Meadowvoiced the Memory of Holiness, a Acacia bed." I look at it, again, not spectacular, spikes of rope reed, etc. But then I see "On the item is an image of a dwarf and a Marble bed in hoary marmot leather. The dwarf is raising the Marble bed."
Seems a cultish doting on beds is happening in my fortress. Dunno what to do about it.
000634 □ [adventure mode][environment]   jumping into water while on fire resulted in steamy death

Gakidou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 14, 2007, 03:34:00 am »

Having dwarves like to make artifact beds is not a bad thing, although judging from the wood that bed was made from I take it you aren't on a wood-poor map...

Badfuzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2007, 01:36:00 am »

A possessed metalsmith recently made my most complicated artifact(9 items):

It accurately pictorializes the key events of my fortress:

[ February 26, 2007: Message edited by: Badfuzzy ]

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 03, 2007, 11:17:00 am »

Vabok Dodokushil was busy sewing while his compatriots were combusting in a hallway not 20 tiles away.

Nice of him to record the event for posterity at least.

BoltsFogs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 07, 2007, 11:20:00 am »

Mine is a bit of a funny story. You see, one fine day in late spring, my fort sees it's first wave of immigrants, a full 20. As they rush toward the fort with all speed (Seriously, they were RUNNING toward the fort for some reason.) one of my original two miners was dozing away in his room. As the immigrants piles in en masse, one of the new mechanics decides he wanted to be an ass and instead of going toward the meeting hall as all the other immigrants did, he goes running down the hall that leads to my sleeping miner. Bursting on in, he effing jumps on the bed WHICH THE DWARF IS SLEEPING ON, runs around on the furniture, and promptly runs back out to join his brethren.

A short minute or two later, my sleeping miner woke up and so my first ever fey mood was created! I watched him with all eagerness as he claimed a mason's workshop and began walking back down the hallway. Now, in another bedroom, my original mechanic was sleeping, and so my miner barges into HIS room, and goes toward one of his pieces of furniture, looking for something. Dragging a single piece of moonstone toward the shop, he underwent a mysterious construction!

Some time later, he emerged a legendary miner, my second ever legendary character, my first is his fellow miner, who is also legendary. He made a Moonstone coffer, on it are dwarves traveling, in moonstone. A simple masterpiece from a not so simple dwarf. (The funny thing was, I was so sure he would become a legendary mason, so that legendary miner thing came out of left field.)

Ah yes, it's called Uvelokil, or Beartested (Bear tested, bear approved =) )

[ March 07, 2007: Message edited by: BoltsFogs ]

he cave river is overflowing.
Momuz Udibast cancels sleep:dangerous terrain.

UncleTumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 11, 2007, 08:19:00 am »

Here at Helmednobles, we have a stray dog problem. Actually, we have a stray cat and horse problem too. I've tried chaining up the adult animals so they don't breed, but it doesnt help. My dwarves refuse to spay and neuter their pets, so they breed freely and the strays wind up on the streets.

Thus, the Helmednobles ASPCA has, sadly, had to resort to a program of euthanization for stray animals who are not adopted within three days of being brought in. We're not happy about it, but until dwarven pet owners learn to be responsible, it's the only way.

This program apparently has caused controversy in Helmednobles, with several artistically-inclined dwarven dog-lovers launching a quiet campaign of resistance. My head engraver, Zasit, engraves pictures of dogs almost to the exclusion of anything else. Nearly all the engravings in Helmednobles are of dogs, and they're all screaming, falling, in a fetal position, burning or making a plaintive gesture.

The most recent incident involved a metalsmith who went fey, and then after about a month of gathering materials (thought he was going to go insane, actually) he came up with this gem:

The Hammerer has been dispatched to deal with these seditious dwarves.

schnobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 11, 2007, 11:49:00 am »

Sorry about being OT, but have you considered *slaughtering* the animals?

UncleTumble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2007, 08:18:00 pm »

Yes, I have been slaughtering the animals by the several dozens actually (that's what I meant by "euthanized."   ;) ) Early on dog meat was a staple at my current fortress.

In any event my dwarves seem oddly disturbed by the puppy massacres, anybody else experience anything like that? Here's something else odd: now that they have plentiful alternative foods, they never touch the dog meat.

schnobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2007, 06:39:00 pm »

Will, my most complicated won't score very high in this thread, so I'll skip the discription. Suffice it to say that when my Metalsmith turned into a Legendary Furnace Operator, I wasn't exactly overwhelmed.

On a side note: the very first artifact in our fortress (before we even had a dining room) depicted a demon. The demon was screaming.

Now, the most disturbing thing that ever happened in our fortress were a few kobold thieves, and that didm't happen until much later. Among the plethora of travelling dwarves and talking humans, the demon sticks out like a sore thumb. What happened?

Xenomorph

• Bay Watcher
  • has sprung from ambush!
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2007, 07:30:00 pm »

I guess dwarves just like to carve demons.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12