Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12

Author Topic: Your most complicated artifact?  (Read 9347 times)

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Your most complicated artifact?
« Reply #135 on: March 21, 2007, 02:36:00 pm »

Lucidcall the dark beetles
This is a platinum crown. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is studded with platinum, decorated with oak and green glass and encircled with bands of tin. It menaces with spikes of maple, aquamarine, and turle bone. On the item is a image of a dwarf and dwarf in platinum. The dwarf is making a plainative gesture. The dwarf is striking a menacing pose. There is an image of a dwarf and a silver idol. the dwarf is raising the silver idol.
Worth 204,000 easily beating a silver puzzlebox that held the previous record of 75,600. It was pretty tedious, as I had to make a magma forge, and he had to run all the way around the fort to collect, and at the end he decided he needed the only rough crystal I DIDNT currently have. The symbols probaly relate to the recent jailing of my brewery master because he I couldnt get a large gem for a noble.  :(
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Black Hound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 22, 2007, 12:54:00 pm »

I've gotten two pretty absurd artifacts in my latest fortress - I'm not bothering with an economy, so I can't say what their value is, though. Anyway...

Rotikigam Akrulud Estil, "Nettlegorged the Tin Will of Whirling", a horse leather mask

This is a horse leather mask. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Moonstone and encircled with bands of Emerald. This object menaces with spikes of crystal glass.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a Kapok bucket in horse leather. The dwarf is raising the Kapok bucket.
On the item is an image of a dwarf and a Marble idol in kobold bone. The dwarf is raising the Marble idol.
On the item is an image of humans and dwarves in cave spider silk. The humans are speaking with the dwarves.
On the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in cave spider silk. The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.
On the item is an image of dwarves and dwarves in clear glass. The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.

What did it get me? A Legendary Tanner. Thanks a lot, jerk. Be glad I didn't drown you and steal your stupid artifact, like the guy who got possessed and made a crystal rock bed.

Next up, the most uncomfortable earring ever!

Vagushrir, "Killerear", a Granite earring

This is a Granite earring. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with wolf leather and turtle shell and encircled with bands of groundhog leather. This object menaces with spikes of silver.
On the object is an image of dwarves in Granite. The dwarves are laboring. On the object is an image of dwarves in Granite. The dwarves are traveling. On the object is an image of dwarves in silver. The dwarves are laboring.
On the object is an image of dwarves and dwarves in Turquoise. The dwarves are speaking with the dwarves.
On the object is an image of a dwarf and an elephant in Limestone. The dwarf is making a plaintive gesture. The elephant is striking a menacing pose.

ricemastah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2007, 11:57:00 pm »

9 items... from a child... A CHILD!! I didn't believe when they said that children could go fey but they did... amazing! Its just an oaken earring.. but it has red spinels and stuff

JT

• Bay Watcher
  • Explosively Canadian
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jtgibson.ca/df/
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2007, 01:41:00 am »

None of the three artifacts in my latest fortress are particularly noteworthy, but what's noteworthy is that all three of them have been possessed, so I didn't get a single legendary anything out of the deal.  Unfair. =(

[edit]"Neither" can't be used with three artifacts, JT.  Learn your Englishes.

[ March 23, 2007: Message edited by: JT ]

"The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'" --George Carlin

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #139 on: March 23, 2007, 04:33:00 pm »

I went back and decided to dig deep one of my older forts just for fun, and as soon as I started digging out the adamantine one of my many children went into a fey mood. They slowly ran back and forth and picked up 3 chunks of adamantine ore, and this is the result:

:)

seizer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 23, 2007, 07:52:00 pm »

Sinsottaran Udlirukritas, "Clawsharks the Willful Violent Owl", a Moonstone mini-forge.

This is a Moonstone mini-forge. All craftsmanship is of the highest quality. It is decorated with Moonstone.

...Wait, did you say most complicated? :P

Time to start cranking out obsidian shortswords...

[ March 23, 2007: Message edited by: seizer ]

puke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 24, 2007, 05:07:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Paul:
<STRONG>I went back and decided to dig deep one of my older forts just for fun, and as soon as I started digging out the adamantine one of my many children went into a fey mood. They slowly ran back and forth and picked up 3 chunks of adamantine ore, and this is the result:</STRONG>

oh. my. god.  only dwarfs would call a spiked barrel "Lovering".

Carlos Gustavos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 24, 2007, 05:50:00 am »

I just got this one:

Razmer Nist, The Violator of Fears, a tentacle demon bone battle axe, 222000¤
This is a tentacle demon bone battle axe. All craftmanship is of the highest skill. It is encrusted with Sapphire, decorated with frogman bones, horse leather and green glass and encircled with bands of tentacle demon bone and Aquamarine. This object is adorned with hanging rings of gorilla leather and menaces with spikes of Aquamarine.
On the item is an image of dwarves in Blue Diamond. The dwarves are travelling.

Another artifact in the same fortress:

Umomikud, The Dark Reign, a platinum chain 237600¤
This is a platinum chain. All craftmanship is of the highest skill. It is encrusted with Diamond, studded with platinum and encircled with bands of cave spider silk and crystal glass. This object is adorned with hanging rings of Opal. On the item is an image of dwarves in platinum. The dwarves are laboring. On the item is an image of a dwarf in cougar leather. The dwarf is dead.
On the item is an image of humans and dwarves in Obsidian. The humans are talking with the dwarves.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 25, 2007, 12:14:00 pm »

fell dwarf turned my bookeeper into a dwarf chunk floodgate that menaces with spikes of dwarf leather and has an image of a dwarf on it in dwarf bone.the dwarf is dead No shit, Sherlock

the inflate error ate my world before i remembered to screen it

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

RPB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://rapidshare.com/files/70864746/scardagger_winter_1059.zip.html
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2007, 04:01:00 pm »

It's not the most complicated artifact construction, but here's the most complicated name I've seen yet: Urmimaknun Veskiretkodor Thalal, "Swamhawks the Spry Untoward Dawn of Empires."

That's the kind of name that looks like it might almost be really cool, except when you put it all together it's pretty much nonsense. I suspect something was lost in the translation.

roguester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 27, 2007, 10:55:00 am »

I got a dwarven priest

I'm not sure what you'd call this.

schnobs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 28, 2007, 06:12:00 am »

Two schist, slate, pig tail cloth, 2 sheets of whale leather, moonstone, a platinum bar, an aquamarine and a lump of green glass.

Shuthrazunnos Nefastotlithgiken Mīvid, "Ectohooves the Strapping Ruined Lightn... :
This is a Schist Scepter. It is Encrusted with Aqamarine, decorated with Pig Tail, whale leather and Moonstone and encircled with bands of Slate, platinum and green glass. This object menaces with spikes of Schist.
Images of dwarves and dwarves in Schist, talking, and a dwarf in whale leather, making a plaintive gesture.

Value: 91200, which is slightly less than an apparently simple iron ring made a few years before.

Asehujiko

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 28, 2007, 03:27:00 pm »

my most valueable creation on my inflate errored word (R.I.P  :( )

Haunting Whispers Of Forgotten Dead
Adamantine Longsword
Adorned with hanging rings of adamantine
encircled with band of adamantine
menaces with spikes of adamantine
encrusted with star ruby(or something)
encrusted with star saphire(or something)
image of dwarves in adamantine. the dwarves are laboring
image of a dwarf and a demon in adamantine. the dwarf is striking down the demon
image of a dwarf and a human in adamantine. the dwarf is striking down the human
image of a dwarf and a demon in adamantine. the demon is crying. the dwarf is laughing.

Code: [Select]
Tremble, mortal, and despair! Doom has come to this world!
.....EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EE.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E.EE.EE.E.EE.
......E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE...E.EEE.
.☺..EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE..E..EE.EE.EE.EE..E...EE.EE..E.E
.....E..E.E.E.E.E.EE.E.E.EE.E...E.EE.EE...E.EE.EE.EEE...E
....E.EE.EEE.EE..EE.EE.E..EEEE..E..E.E...EEE.EEE..E.E..EE

Xeirxes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2007, 03:03:00 am »

rofl

"the demon is crying. the dwarf is laughing."

Genuine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://none
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2007, 04:54:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Asehujiko:
<STRONG>
Haunting Whispers Of Forgotten Dead
Adamantine Longsword
Adorned with hanging rings of adamantine
encircled with band of adamantine
menaces with spikes of adamantine
encrusted with star ruby(or something)
encrusted with star saphire(or something)
image of dwarves in adamantine. the dwarves are laboring
image of a dwarf and a demon in adamantine. the dwarf is striking down the demon
image of a dwarf and a human in adamantine. the dwarf is striking down the human
image of a dwarf and a demon in adamantine. the demon is crying. the dwarf is laughing.</STRONG>

Wow. Remember what it was worth?

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12