Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm letting you pick the next universe... based only on the name. Enjoy!

Microscope
- 2 (22.2%)
Ditch
- 0 (0%)
Shattered
- 2 (22.2%)
Jail
- 2 (22.2%)
Failure
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: Acter's Revenge  (Read 20338 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Acter's Revenge
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2018, 12:19:46 pm »

Yes. Its a stepping stone to power. He who controls the addiction controls the addict.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2018, 12:52:01 pm »

It's Mice, we should just accept he's weird.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2018, 01:38:52 pm »

Disturbed by the proliferation of vaguely sympathetic "evil" gods likely to benefit Acter, Clestesth prepares to punch a single rod blazing with green fire through the planet and its moons (which will take a while because Clestesth needs to hold it more or less stationary with respect to the sun for the longest lunar orbit). Powered by Clestesth, other (future) members of the Axis of Evil, and evil in general, this rod is intended to have the power to break gods and suns (although Acter is far beyond its power) once all bodies form a cosmic kebab on it. The green fire also burns magic, reducing the amount of reality warping possible in the vicinity.

Also, Clestesth flings a gob of godfungus at Nephilim. Although it gives off an increasingly horrible stench, it is harmless.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 01:41:56 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2018, 03:11:01 pm »

Disturbed by the proliferation of vaguely sympathetic "evil" gods likely to benefit Acter, Clestesth prepares to punch a single rod blazing with green fire through the planet and its moons (which will take a while because Clestesth needs to hold it more or less stationary with respect to the sun for the longest lunar orbit). Powered by Clestesth, other (future) members of the Axis of Evil, and evil in general, this rod is intended to have the power to break gods and suns (although Acter is far beyond its power) once all bodies form a cosmic kebab on it. The green fire also burns magic, reducing the amount of reality warping possible in the vicinity.

Also, Clestesth flings a gob of godfungus at Nephilim. Although it gives off an increasingly horrible stench, it is harmless.

There is no moon. I have no idea what you're targeting. I'll roll the godfungus.
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 03:41:32 pm »

Rule change!

Replacement Sigil mechanics:

Let N be the number of the following that are satisfied, for an action:

• The action primary element is Sigiled
  • At least one of the components of the action secondary is Sigiled
  • The above is true and the action secondary itself is Sigiled
  • The alignment of the god that did the action (exact) is Sigiled
  • The secondary element of the god acting, or one of its components, is Sigiled
You then have to roll a dN to attempt, with a one-in-N chance of getting through the Sigil.

Pre-evaluation of actions

Roboson, God of Whatnot and Yeahthat, makes the opening move. Relying on his powers of Water and Salt, Roboson causes rain in this world to become highly acidic and damaging to plants and animals of all kinds.

Large-scale universal manipulation.

Action takes 9 hours and is (Decay|Salt)

X'arilyg the God of Insanity, imbues thoughts of the True Mind into this world

Create the infestation known as the Psychology Elementals, entities made of pure shadow and live in the realm of the mind. They are based of corruption and hatred of things, which they call as being "salty", yet have the soul of Decay within them. They have the power to mind control, self-disguise as a mortal of another, and soul harvesting of sapients. They reproduce by impregnating other mortal's mind and driving them to insanity, and when they fall... another Psycholoid is created from there ashes. The Psycholoid looks like this...essence of despair

Place the first broodling of the Psycholoids near one of the Cicada tribes, and let madness grow...

Creation of supernatural beings of significant power.

Action takes 6 hours and is (Decay|Salt)

i turn up the heat on the surface of the planet so it turns the acid water into steam

Boiling a planet, how hard can it be?

Action takes 8 hours, is timed to hit with Roboson’s, and is (Fire|Ash)

Whip the acid steam into a storm.

((domains are air and vaccum))

A simple act of mortal poking.

Action takes 5 hours, is time to hit with Zi Tempest’s and is (Air|Vacuum)

Find out where the cicadas keep their libraries. They have to hoard their science somewhere. It shall be mine.

No, they don’t. They just talk and remember.

Varalin quietly begins to manifest her emotions. Letting them take shape. Grief...anger and distorted and contorted love. Creatures born of madness and likely to act mad. A menace upon the world and likely to cause much suffering.

Creation of abstract emotional entities?

Action takes 6 hours and is (Water|Salt|Specific)

I Look upon the humans and the foul Insects, And I Forged a near immortal, a man of light to lead the humans to war against the false gods in my name, the name of the one true god.

So a demigod thing.

Action takes 6 hours and is (Fire|Radiance)

Burn the grass so that the cicadas have nothing to carve their symbols into. Then burn everything.

They'll be real mad at you. Also this is kind of large scale.

Action takes 9 hours and is (Fire|Ash)

Create the Uvhoth, baleful giant rock-scaled earthworms enveloped in clouds of necrotic dust who nibble on the roots of the world and who surface every few weeks to feed on the juicy living. Owing to their rocky makeup, they are essentially immune to fire and typically resistant to acid.

New race?

Action takes 8 hours and is (Earth|Dust)

BONUS: Nephilim acts to balance light and dark, order and chaos

Action takes 5 hours and is (Creation|Lightning|Specific)

FURTHER BONUS: Lo attempts to increase the libido of these mortals. Fine mental manipulation, dealing with fire like you said, and earth for possessions and greed.

Action takes 7 hours and is (Fire|Magma|Specific)

Sigil lineup is Decay, Fire, Salt for now.

Banners and stuff

Banner for this universe:

Theme music: "Cipher" by Kevin Macleod

All items entered into the sheet. I will now begin rolling for your actions in order of completion. Head over to the Discord to watch.

Zi Tempest (darkwarlock3), Roboson (Roboson), Gello (Doomblade187), and Grimmer (wertyzerty) are at the max with 9 hours and cannot act. Grall, Morathu, and Cavefriend have yet to act.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2018, 03:58:54 pm »

((Which discord? And if actions are still allowed this turn for those who have yet to act...))

Set fire to the agriculture of this universes' people and send the resulting smoke skyward, twisting it into images of me trampling cicadas beneath my hooves.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2018, 04:26:26 pm »

((Which discord? And if actions are still allowed this turn for those who have yet to act...))

Set fire to the agriculture of this universes' people and send the resulting smoke skyward, twisting it into images of me trampling cicadas beneath my hooves.

We have a discord. And yes you can act, that's the beauty of an asynchronous game. That'll be 6 hours and (Fire|Smoke), FYI.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2018, 04:30:34 pm »

Just thought I'd tell you what you all got.

crazyabe: 5
Shadowclaw: No-showed by Cicadas
KJP: 5
darkwarlock: No-showed by Cicadas
Roboson: No-showed by Cicadas
Secheral: No-showed by Cicadas
Doomblade: 3
wertyzerty: 3
ATH: 3
micelus: No-showed by Cicadas
Smoke Mirrors: 2

...as you can see, this will rapidly become "Gods getting beaten up by cicadas"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2018, 04:42:46 pm »

Can you link the Discord?
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2018, 04:52:04 pm »

Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #55 on: January 25, 2018, 05:47:51 pm »

Clestesth lights a cigarette (preferably with a match dragged along the world), which begins glowing a sickly green and observes the carnage delightedly.

"Rise, my worms! Rise and multiply! For the fields are yellow and the harvest is ready"

Clestesth drops the cigarette on the world and crushes it with his mannequin foot, scattering dust, smoke, and ash (and hopefully starting a few localized fires?).

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 25, 2018, 08:34:29 pm »

Take command of half of the cicadas and turn them against the other half.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #57 on: January 25, 2018, 09:32:08 pm »

Nephilim: Your balance action reads like something Town would try to prevent

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 25, 2018, 11:31:30 pm »

Do you truly beleive that I care?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2018, 12:26:59 am »

Hmm. The overreaction is suspicious, but it's not entirely out of line for Town. Unvote Nephilim

Varalin, if you could nightkill one god, who would it be?

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16