Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm letting you pick the next universe... based only on the name. Enjoy!

Microscope
- 2 (22.2%)
Ditch
- 0 (0%)
Shattered
- 2 (22.2%)
Jail
- 2 (22.2%)
Failure
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: Acter's Revenge  (Read 20313 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Acter's Revenge
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2018, 04:22:12 am »

Cavefriend looked across the 'grassland' he landed in. At least, it was a grassland according to his fellow gods, but he knows that grass is often referred to as 'blades of grass' and there aren't any blades here! Just short, super abundant plants! But that's when he got an idea to fix this dilemma:

Cavefriend hyper-mineralizes the grass, fossilizing it into a stone/metal-like material (and taking the 'blade of grass' metaphor way too literally.)

(OOC: Sorry for the delay, I was very distracted lately..)

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2018, 12:52:43 pm »

After having taken the Cicadas power away by burning the grass, replace them as god of this universe and make the people build me a vast palace.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2018, 01:53:08 pm »

Just as the gods are about to unleash their fury, the cicadas bend millions of acres of grass in unison. The spiraling fractal patterns carved into the ground resonate with the fabric of reality and two shields hiss on, bulwarks against divine action; on against Decay, the other against Fire.

Only a few gods manage to slip through.

(Hour 4) Nephilim is the first, attempting to balance the forces of order and chaos. Nothing happens.

(Hour 5) Audditorius decides to purify the world. He creates a knight of light and fire, who sets about educating the population about the perfection and glory of Audditorius.

(Hour 5) Varalin dribbles manifestations of her emotions onto the world. These monsters roam in the darkness and attack those that are alone, consuming them with grief, fear, or paranoia.

(Hour 7) Clestesth creates the Uvhoth, giant rock worms surrounded in deadly dust that chew through the crust.

The Cicadas begin a communication effort upon learning of this by drumming on the rocks.

CICADAS: Ah, so what do you want?

UVHOTH: We wiiishh to devoour your fleash and feeeast upon your sssouls!

CICADAS: Oh. If you’re the kind for exotic tastes, there’s a spirit of pure light you might want to try.

The Knight of Audditorius is preaching to a congregation when the ground beneath him rumbles and the Knight is swallowed up in the stony maw of a Uvhoth, along with the entire town.

-1 town
+1 enthalpy

(Hour 8) Gello creates a small windstorm upon the surface. Right now it threatens no mortals, but it is moving quickly.

(Hour 8) Grimmer strikes the earth with Fire. Most fizzles out, but one bit ignites the Sigil of Decay Deflection. An entire arm is burnt up and the runic shield fizzles and goes out.

Sigil of Decay Destroyed

(Hour 10) Cavefriend causes spikes of crystal to push up out of the ground, splintering every blade of grass apart and turning the beautiful meadows to a deadly, glistening mass.

The Cicadas run out and seek refuge in the still-unharmed fields of the farmers. They reassure the populace that everything is fine.

+2 enthalpy

(Hour 11) Nephilim takes control of half the Cicadas and turns them on the other half. It is absolute chaos in the Cicada Refuges.

The Cicada population is reduced to a tenth of its original, all under Nephilim’s control. The captive souls of the Cicadas speak to him (think Durkon) asking who he is and what he wants.

-1 insect species
+1 enthalpy

(Hour 11) Grimmer speaks to the people of the universe, claiming it as his own. In light of present events, this is a very good claim.

Two towns convert and burn the cicadan refugees as a sacrifice. They combine forces to collect crystal from the newly converted fields and mix it with cicada ash to form Grimmersteel. They begin building a castle with this dark metal.

A nearby town attacks them for this transgression against their gods.

+1 civil war
+2 enthalpy

(Hour 12) As their last act before being controlled by Neph, the Cicadas give the Men the schematics for a localized Divine Shield. The men carve the runes into the earth near their towns.

No divine actions can be taken on towns now. You can aim stuff at them, though. I’ll use Robo’s example - you can throw a mountain at a town, but not teleport a mountain straight on.

Conditions of the Surface

• Emotional monsters
  • A Uvhoth fused with a Light power
  • A small windstorm
  • Crystals everywhere
  • Tower of Grimmer

Of the 43 towns:

• 39 are faithful to the Cicadas, though scared.
  • 1 was destroyed by a Uvhoth
  • 2 have turned to Grimmer
  • 1 is fighting the Grimmer towns
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 02:11:43 pm by blueturtle1134 »
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2018, 02:00:54 pm »

I Create Lightshrooms, Small glowing mushrooms that parasitically attach to a hosts brain and forces them to peacefully force the Gospel of my religion upon all they find.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2018, 02:02:21 pm »

"A great showing, my children! Now, then, my fellow gods have been busy corrupting the grass. The cicadas are now huddled in their fields in fear. Want some easy meals? Now's the time!"

Inform the Uvhoth on where the cicadas are (if I have enough hours, hehe :P )

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2018, 02:15:46 pm »

Roboson, annoyed by the sigils, turns to the mortals. He looks upon the mortals and find them to be too bland. He constructs a giant temple to himself in the center of the human population. The temple is a tall tower with fountain on top. Those who drink the clean water of the fountain grow strong and fast for a day. 

He then calls out to the mortals, "This is my tower, whoever drinks from the water above will be blessed with strength and virility. Blessed by my power and through my name. Seize the future for yourselves."
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:46:00 pm by Roboson »

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2018, 02:16:53 pm »

I apologize, I must cause chaos against my wil, to escape my brother who has been driven mad. I shall save your kin and bring them with me, so they may survive as destruction follows us.

Save the remains Cicadas and keep them safe.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2018, 02:22:56 pm »

Tell the Uvhoth not to bother Nephilim or Roboson's pets for now if they can even tell the difference. They may be useful for taking down some of the towns Categorical imperative: Do evil!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:40:33 pm by Kilojoule Proton »

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2018, 02:27:50 pm »

I create a race of fire/ash elementals that go across the place and leave a path of destruction in their wake on the bugs planet
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2018, 02:29:34 pm »

X'arilug is not pleased on his creations not coming to the world, adaption of them to not relate to salt needs to happen but of another not protected negative energy element.

Create the Psycholoids again, Decay elements that have the ability to mind-control, permanently traumatize another lesser mortal's will, or soul-harvest them. However they aren't related to salt as of this time, they are instead related to the essence of dust. They are shadowy dust-storm humanoid-looking creatures that only want to see the world turn into dust if its former self, and for them to do that. They need to destroy all mortal or have them become their slaves. They still live in the realm of the mind and aren't actually physically, (can only be seen by sapients). They still reproduce by causing another mortal to succumb to madness, which they both like to excruciate for fun and to make their numbers... larger and larger.

Place these creature's not near a human village to be affected by the sigil, but rather close. Finally let the fun begin
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 02:41:51 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 26, 2018, 02:30:16 pm »

Hide the sun behind a gigantic cloud of dust smoke
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 09:08:16 am by Secheral »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2018, 02:42:25 pm »

Content with fixing the grasslands, Cavefriend looks upon the world, and is aghast at the lack of subterranean civilization! Having little time to do it properly, he turns to the towns, and selects one in particular... The Divine Shield makes things tricky, but he can work with it.

As such, Cavefriend encases one of the towns inside a massive cavern inside of a massive mountain, being sure that it is stable, and encompasses the Shield in its entirety, but is careful to leave what is inside of it undisturbed. There are many luminescent crystals on the inside as well! Oh right, there is still a route to the surface, as a proper cavern should have!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2018, 02:54:05 pm »

I apologize, I must cause chaos against my wil, to escape my brother who has been driven mad. I shall save your kin and bring them with me, so they may survive as destruction follows us.

"Ah, we understand. Relinquish us from your control so that we may construct a gateway into the next world for you. We must be in our own bodies to do this, as we have experience and instinct involved. We can't just tell you because any mistake will have catastrophic results."
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2018, 02:59:25 pm »

"Ah, we understand. Relinquish us from your control so that we may construct a gateway into the next world for you. We must be in our own bodies to do this, as we have experience and instinct involved. We can't just tell you because any mistake will have catastrophic results."
"Your face is...lying! Die, blaspheming insects!"

Give the Uvhoth the locations of Nephilim's Cicada towns

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2018, 03:00:48 pm »

You likely hate me, should I release you you would likely return to killing myself and my... you know, the annoying people you have to stay with that you would rather avoid. Do you truly beleive me stupid enough to fall for that?.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 03:04:19 pm by Smoke Mirrors »
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 16