Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Gods Battle: Turn 8: Grendabarian humans have a bad day (12/10)  (Read 12764 times)

MonkeyMarkMario

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Battle: Turn 6: The first global event! (12/10)
« Reply #120 on: February 02, 2018, 06:25:54 pm »

I am keeping a History of my people in Google Docs here is the link:
History of MonkeyLord's people: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hZHQ-wgTG3bHzl8T67l3907PZ8gszWM33CeWwazGGSc/edit?usp=sharing

Furious at my people's lack of control(more likely mine) try the boon again this time with less sensitivity than previous.

Instruct my people to not travel farther north than the mountain to our north.

The diplomats in, on, and around the mountain are to help with corruption only if it reaches near the place they are at.
My Forum game(s):
Hahaha, ya right

Any future games will be simpler in nature, I have a bad habit of biting off more than I can chew. Also hoping for more players in them.

I have Discord for my games now(not necessary to play, tho might be easier to contact me): https://discord.gg/DuaARAZ

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: February 02, 2018, 06:33:27 pm »

So what sort of effect on my guys comes from the forest since I think the beauty is supernatural?

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 02, 2018, 06:49:47 pm »

So what sort of effect on my guys comes from the forest since I think the beauty is supernatural?

Anyone, excluding my elves, that enter the forest will most likely end up being enthrall. Staying there and taking in the beauty until they died from exposure.

The corruption may or may not also be sharing this effect. But don't worry, I've got a plan.

Oberon seeing the blight he has created, decides to create the "Beauty". A blessing that will spread itself across the Galleria as a bright reflection of the corruption, it will be as Oberon originally intended and should hopefully cancel out the corruption.

The elves will stay away from the corruption and will instead be getting prepared to evacuate, bring with them food, tools, and seeds from the Galleria
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 06:55:11 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 02, 2018, 06:53:44 pm »

order the Elves to catch and domesticate the Most vicious carnivorous plants

Boon the Elvis With their bloodboon

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 02, 2018, 07:17:33 pm »

Kuzzik-Harrin grants the dwarves with an enchantment of Removal. This can be applied to religious icons used by priests of the cult. An enchanted item allows the priest to remove struck items from existence. Particularly dense items may need to be struck multiple times to completely remove.

It then teaches the dwarves the art of Scientific Method.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 02, 2018, 07:59:38 pm »

Anyone, excluding my elves, that enter the forest will most likely end up being enthrall. Staying there and taking in the beauty until they died from exposure.
Yes but my men weaken the supernatural around them(this includes the corruption), therefore it might not effect them as much.

Also, no, according to GM, the Corruption doesn't share the beauty effect.

I want to know so I can tell if my people will have any sort of extra malus to trying to kill that bit of corruption protruding off of the top of the forest to counteract the 25% malus I give to it.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 08:12:42 pm by Failbird105 »

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 02, 2018, 08:45:46 pm »

Gerbil grants his followers a gift. A gift that will make them rage at the entire world and attack absolutely everything. May no pebble escape their wrath.

He also introduces "training" into their lives which is just him punching them repeatedly at unexpected moments. Not enough for them to die of course. Just enough to break some bones.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 02, 2018, 09:45:16 pm »

Failbird the effect of the beauty is weakened by 25% near your people. Instead of being near instantly enthralled, it is more a slow infection that gradually dulls their minds with increased exposure. The amount will decrease when they are no longer exposed, though.

And Yottawhat, you might want to check discord.
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 03, 2018, 12:55:37 pm »

Pixum mixes a great deal of poisons and toxins into the air of the forest, hopefully damaging the corruption, plants, and all things in the general area. There will be nothing left for the corruption to consume.

He also instructs his elves to research food preservation such as smoking and pickling.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:20:16 pm by Roboson »

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 03, 2018, 05:45:44 pm »

Tablet is sign of friendship, of course

Teach illithids to focus mental power in long range searing rays.
Also open one of the gates to astral dimension.

Failbird105

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2018, 09:16:41 pm »

I'm going to be going to sleep real soon, so just know that I can't really do anything about the update once its made.

johiah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Gods Battle: Turn 7: Everything is falling apart (12/10)
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2018, 11:11:32 pm »

Please summarize the history or your guys' empires, like how MonkeyMarkMario has done it. Saves me a little bit of time and will probably help PTWers (If there are any)

Also, I am using a new population system! It is a work in progress and still needs tweaking, so be sure to post your opinions on it.

Helmacon grants a boon to his craftsmen. (1)
The boon is a complete failure, and instead of making items last longer, it instead makes that item the last. Needless to say, once his craftsmen figure it out from all save one of their hammers dissappearing, they do not use the "boon". All of your craftsmen have lost their hammers. -5 to tech advancement rolls for the next two turns, while they rebuild their stock of current level materials.
He then instructs his people to practice fishing. (6)
They learn very quickly, however one particularly avid fisherman catches a golden fish. It claims it can grant three wishes. Do you choose three wishes, to take place once per turn until expended three turns from now? Do you allow the fisherman to take them? Do you throw the fish back in the water? Do you cook it? If you do make wishes, these wishes are nonrefundable. And no, you cannot wish for more wishes. Avid fishers: 20% bonus to population growth.
(18+11)
His people advance in tech! They now use copper tools, and have entered the chalcolithic era! 198 people are born, with 3 dying in accidents or from illness.

Nazush attempts to improve upon the bloodsucking boon. (3)
He is largely successful, and now, when a dwarf drains the blood from a creature, a portion of the creature's lifespan, equivalent to how much blood was drained, will be added to the dwarf's own. This effect is increasingly inefficient the older the dwarf is, halving in efficiency as the dwarf reaches the age of 90, and halving again every 90 years after that. Your herds are now modeled. Each creature in a herd contributes 1 point of blood per year, i.e. 30 per turn for now. Blood not harvested in a turn is lost. Herds double in size every 30 years, if not culled. Herds of 1000 creatures will begin grazing all of the grass in a tile clear, so beware of desertification. Blood draining will now grant a dwarf more years of life, equal to 1 per year until age 90, then 2 per year until age 180, continuing to double like this. This is modeled by generation.
Nazush orders his people to use animals as both beasts of burden, as well as animals for war. (6)
It works fairly well. Lots of beasts of burden are available and make hard work in the farms somewhat easier, as well as carrying things. 10% population growth bonus. More bonuses may appear later. However, the attempt to create war animals fails. Except for one species. A species, dubbed the horse, is not naturally violent. However, when trained properly, a horse can bond with its rider and the pair can become very effective in combat. The one problem is that there are very few horses among Nazush's herds currently. Horse units have a 2x multiplier at the END of a combat calculation. Essentially, instead of being a % boost to the base roll, this charge bonus doubles the WHOLE attack, other modifiers included. During this charge phase, they take an extra defense roll versus an extra attack by the enemy, with the defense roll having a 20% decrease. They take half casualties when retreating, and have a normal 30% multiplier in standard combat, after the charge phase. Population doubles every three turns.
(6)
A kingdom wide bonus is gained through the aspect draining! Enough people have drunk blood from cows, that now Nazush's dwarves are slightly stronger than before on average. 10% multiplier to attack and defense rolls.
(8+1)
His people continue to use copper tools. 40 dwarves are sent to combat the corruption. 71 dwarves are born, and 30 die of old age or unrelated accidents. Combat will take place at the bottom.

Antangonten grants an arrow to Ganna, intending it to be an arrow of inversion. (2)
Unfortunately something in the spell frame went wrong, resulting in a completely useless, normal arrow.
He does not warn his people of the corruption not in the woods. (5)
They take the not-warning to heart, preparing more with their bows, practicing with controlled fire, and making crube bushwhackers. +20% to attack and defense rolls against the corruption.
(20+doesn't matter)
His people have advanced in technology! They now use brone tools, a mixture of tin and copper that is stronger than either alone. 131 people are born, 80 die of accidents, sickness, or old age.

Asmodius returns to his people, and grants them a literal fiery rage over the corruption in the forest. (3)
The rage is just strong enough that they are capable of attacking the corruption without getting entranced by the beauty zone, but cannot do much else while staving that off.
Due to sending your entire population to combat the corruption, you do not advance in technology or have children. +1 to next advancement. Combat will take place at the bottom.
42 dwarves die of old age or accidents while travelling South, and 42 dwarves are born.

The True Meaning bestows a disbelief upon the saplings his people brought North. (4)
The saplings are now immune to corruption, and that disbelief will spread to the area around them.
His people are ordered to plant the saplings. (5)
They do a marvellous job planting, with not a single sapling wasted and a quite even distribution of them for maximum protection.
(2+1)
His people continue to use wooden tools. 60 people leave to combat the corruption. 67 are born, while 45 die of old age, accidents, or sickness. Combat will take place at the bottom.

Reverion bestows a boon upon his people. (5)
They become even more spiderlike, gaining four new limbs, two on each side, of their main torso. One pair comes out above the normal arms, and the second comes out just below the armpits. These limbs are surprisingly strong, and each limb terminates in a wicked sharp spike sharp enough to stab straight through solid stone. Some experimentation reveals it is also an excellent cutting utensil. Forks are now obsolete. They also do not feel pain and have a very high melting point, and Reverion's smiths use them to improve their craft, moulding the hot metal. Stabbing limbs: 2x multiplier to attack, and a 1.5x multiplier to defense rolls. +2 to tech advancement rolls.
He orders his people to build walls of spidervlar to keep the corruption away from the mountain. (4)
The walls are quite sturdy, a wall of stone that is then coated in woven spidervlar, with a spongy layer in between. Test attacks with things like spears and axes resulted in the spidervlar bending, spreading the shock of the attack into all of the nearby area. Short of using their new limbs, his dwarves were incapable of harming the walls.
(8+6)
His people advance, and are now using crude tools made from smelted iron. 2 dwarves are killed in the underground caverns while fending off beasts. 211 dwarves were born. 26 died in accidents, of old age, or from illness.

Monkeylord bestows the same boon again, third times the charm. (1)
Apparently not, as it becomes even more sensitive. In fact, it is so sensitive that when one of his people casually thinks about something being removed, poof, there it goes. A young child accidentally deletes a large portion of the oasis. No one dies, but the oasis is now draining into a huge pit. At the same time, there is rumbling from below. Looking down reveals a rising sea of lava. Quick action will be needed to avoid a catastrophe.
He orders his people not to head North, due to the spreading corruption. None of the diplomats need to fight the corruption.
(20)
Your people quickly grow tired of copper, and advance to bronze far more rapidly than usual. 108 people are born, 65 die of old age.

Oberon bestows another boon upon the forest. (5)
Going with the original intent that accidentally created the corruption, this time he creates the inverse. Parts of the forest are now so beautiful that those that spend time in them become completely devoted to protecting it, gradually becoming more and more plantlike to the point where they do not even need to eat, and never die, so as to spend all eternity protecting the forest. This effect is, however, slower than the original enthrallment that results in death by starvation. Those who enter the zone are at first petrified as before and can still be rescued, although after 30 years the effect is permanent and they are now essentially part of the forest. This beauty zone will spread across the forest from the center, absorbing the corruption as it goes. Oberon is capable of directing its growth. Each devotee becomes linked to the forest as one, and what one sees, all see.
He orders his elves to prepare to evacuate. (2)
However, due to now being protected by the perfect beauty, they decide that they would much rather stay where they are and dance among the trees.
(4+4)
His people continue to use their wooden tools. 14 elves are born, while one dies in an accident.

Gogamog expands upon the blood boon. (4)
Now, even the smell of blood will make them stronger, faster, and more intelligent. Areas of study or heavy labor are now regularly bled upon by volunteers. +1 to tech advancement rolls. 10% larger bonus to combat, that does not require death upon first round.
He orders his elves to gather some of the most vicious of corrupted plants. (2)
His elves refuse, not wanting to risk him becoming corrupted by them. Some things are just too evil, even for evil people.
(21)
His people continue to use copper tools. 14 elves are born, with one elf dying from overbleeding.

Kuzzik-Harrin grants a boon to his priests. (6)
His dwarven priests can now enchant items with an enchantment of removal. It is quite powerful, removing any struck item with just a single strike. However, the enchanted item will also be removed in the process. Some of his more clever dwarves modify a version of it slightly so that small pebbles can be used to remove stone from around ore, slightly improving production. Removal enchantment: +1 to tech advancement, can be used against artifacts to remove them forever.
He then teaches his dwarves scientific method. (6)
His dwarves take to the scientific method like ducks to water, using empirical thought in virtually every aspect of life. Unfortunately, this includes religion. Some begin doubting that you are truly an all powerful God. Scientific method: +2 to tech advancement rolls, future advancement are 1/13.
(7+3)
His people continue to use copper tools. 50 dwarves are born, while 25 die from old age, accidents, or illness.

Gerbil makes his followers mad. (6)
Like, really mad. They get so madm that the anger begins swelling them up. they grow larger, and larger. They keep growing. They get so large and powerful and anger filled, that when one attacks Gerbil,
it wins. Having proved her superiority, Takka the dwarf who is no longer a dwarf leads the rest of the not dwarves in self destructing themselves and the area around them.
Gerbil tries to punch dwarves. (4)
See above. I'm not sure if this is what you were going for, so I am going to give you a turn to fix this. If this isn't what you wanted. You did say rage at everything.
No technological advancement is made. No people are born, and none die.

Pixum mixes toxins and poisons into the forest, in an attempt to kill everything inside. (1)
The corruption has other plans, however. Rather than dying, it absorbs Pixum's godly power. It begins growing twice as fast, evolving twice as fast, and can now spew acid and toxins at range before people can close to fight it. The corruption now deals 1d10 worth of toxic damage in combat. This damage is not blockable by a roll, and takes place before all other combat. It spreads two tiles per turn, and grows stronger twice as quickly. All of your godly actions will recieve -1 due to power being drained by the corruption until you fix this in some way. This is a stacking -1 per turn. Each turn, I will roll a 2d5 soul strength check. If this is -2 or lower, you cease to be a god until the corruption is removed. The corruption will gain a further 10% bonus each turn it is connected to you.
Through a splitting migraine trying to tear his essence apart, he orders his elves to learn methods of food preservation.(3)
Distraught at the state their god is in, his elves do learn some methods, but they are not perfected, not by a long shot. Food preservation: +10% growth
(22)
His people continue to use wooden tools. 1 elf died in an accident with a smoking hut that burned down, and 19 elves are born.

Typhus teaches his illithids to use their psychic powers in a form of psychic lance. (1)
The attempt fails horribly, and seven illithids die from psychic implosions. As a result of this and their ultimatum reaching its time, they demand thralls NOW, and will wait no longer.
He then orders his people to open one of the three astral gates. Ghatanothoa emerges, and the strain upon his peoples' soul power is immense. They barely hold the massive beast in check, safe from its corrupting gaze only because they are protected by a beast more terrible than this. Soul power is now a thing. If the net goes negative, your beasts will loosen themselves, starting with weaker ones.
(17)
His people continue to use copper tools. 110 people are born, 15 die, 52 become disconnected humans, and 7 become illithids. The illithids feed upon four people.

Combat phases:
Nazush sends 40 dwarves to destroy a tile of corruption. The corruption kills a single dwarf at range with toxins, before melee combat is engaged. (12 attack vs 9 defense)
3 dwarves are killed and the corruption is not eliminated, but it is stopped from spreading.

Asmodius sends all 208 of his dwarves South. 10 are killed from toxins before attacking the corruption. No more dwarves die, and the corruption is easily removed.

The True Meaning sends two groups of 30 humans each to fight the corruption.
The first group: 5 humans are killed from the toxins before closing. (8 attack vs 6 defense)
3 humans are killed, but the corruption is prevented from spreading.
The second group: 8 humans are killed from the toxins before closing. (6 attack vs 9 defense)
No humans are killed, and the corruption is removed.

The corruption and beauty spread. An area of the forest is destroyed in a conflict between the beauty and the corruption, removing both from that tile. The spidervlar wall holds.
Discord link.
Map, as well as kingdom/empire list and some demographics. (More to come (Maybe))
Quote from: AoshimaMichio
Oh no, you won't laser my death star.
On a fun note, all of the beds just starting disintegrating

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: February 07, 2018, 12:25:28 am »

Mwahahaha foolish corruption, you only make it easier for me to get at you!

Pixum reverses the flow of the energy absorption and begins taking from the corruption and mixing all of it's energy into himself.

He then instructs his people on how to mine and cut stone for use in tools and buildings.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 02:11:17 am by Roboson »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 07, 2018, 01:48:00 am »

Seeing the tide of corruption at his doorstep, Nazush has a plan. An insane plan, but a plan nonetheless.

Nazush backs up his fellow god to the south, empowering his attempt to suck the vital essence out of the corruption.

Afterwords, he orders his dwarves to devise a method of recording knowledge, a language, to be carved on the stone of the mountain itself.

Afterwards, he decides on how to divide his livestocks blood among his people, he will elect 60 dwarves, 16 of the members of the previous battle among them, as Blood Warriors, and they shall receive two livestocks worth of blood each (60 blood points). 20 dwarves, who are the remaining 20 participants, will be declared Elite Blood Warriors, receiving four livestocks worth of blood each (120 blood points) and have priority on horse blood, or any other blood source of extreme rarity in order to rapidly acquire their aspects.
The rest of the population will receive only a single livestock worth of blood each (30 blood points).
Quote from: Math
Animals=362 (Horses + assorted livestock)
1 Animal = 30 Blood Points

60 Blood Warriors, 60 BP each, 2 animals.
362 - 120 = 242 Animals left
20 Elite Blood Warriors, 120 BP each, 4 animals
242 - 80 = 162
236 Dwarves - 80 Warriors = 156 Dwarves left
156 Dwarves, 30 BP each, 1 animal
162 - 156 = 6 animals worth of BP left

Afterwards, he arranges an army, containing all 60 Blood Warriors and 20 Elite Blood Warriors, as well as 20 normal Dwarves, and sends them to repel the corruption encroaching up the mountain.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 07, 2018, 08:36:36 am »

Kuzzk-Harrin expands upon the Removal Enchantment, creating one usable by the military. An enchanted weapon (be it ranged or melee) will deal grievous damage to its target. The weapon is still a one-shot, but if you just have to kill something in a single strike, this is for you.

It then orders the dwarves to build a Great Wall between themselves and the Corruption, with an area of cleared ground just beyond to keep them protected from the foolish behaviour of other Gods.

Finally, it tells the doubters that they are right to question even the most fundamental things in life, and looks forward to seeing their conclusion regarding itself.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12