Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48

Author Topic: Fallacy's BYOR 3: GAME OVER(about time, too).  (Read 78956 times)

Silthuri

• Bay Watcher
  • Having a good ol' time lurking about.
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(8/11): Day 4: Still Anyone's Game
« Reply #555 on: February 12, 2018, 03:42:48 pm »

:v My post got ate! So here we go again.

Quick pfp

Something I'm noticing is that we have a lot of kill powers floating around. Hell, even i have a one shot kill and the ability to take someone down with me. And based on flavor and my other roles, I'm more defensive than offensive.

Everyone! After clarification on the Hilarity Ensues role I have, I'm willing to propose a sort of mass block that I can trigger tonight or any night hereafter if we so desire. I'll provide a more thorough explanation once I'm on a computer. Because it's bloody confusing.
I thought every Hilarity Ensues ability was a joke action that actually did nothing.

So my action does something, but it has the potential to cause an absolute clusterfuck if used in the wrong way. I'll explain.

I have the ability to cause a mass block via my Hilarity Ensues power.

The power is called Everyone is Me and it allows me to force everyone to use the power I used last night (my abduct power). However, anyone killed on the night I use Everyone is Me as a result of my abduct power, they will revive. If I were to force everyone to use a delay kill, which I can't because I've used only my abduct ability this entire game, people killed after the night I used Everyone is Me would stay dead. Can we see what a pile of nope that is?

So yeah. That's what I want to do. If no one's against it, that's what I'm going to do tonight. Might as well.

I don't want to fullclaim yet because I think defense works best when it's not anticipated and I do have a few tricks up my sleeve.

Silthuri: If either RGU or juicebox dies, who would you suspect?

I am unsure as to what exactly you want here. Are we talking lynched or night killed? Because I'd have to know the flips to decide who to suspect following their deaths. And if I may, you're a bit... I don't want to say flail-y but you're all over the place. Especially with your focus on the investigative role that you don't think is investigative. Now, I've trusted you up until recently when you started to appear flail-y, but I'm kinda... iffy. I'm actually inclined to trust RGU because he claimed his investigative role immediately and the randomize, IIRC, has been explained. I'll have to look back, but I don't recall you acknowledging how he told the truth at these points.

Then you claim you're suspicious about NQT, yet say you trust him and Rockeater should use their protect on NQT because you trust him. Explain this inconstancy plz. 
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: February 12, 2018, 09:03:55 pm »

Votecount:
(0) *notquitethere:
(0) *kingawsume:
(0) Tiruin:
(0) Silthuri:
(2) *randomgenericusername: kingawsume, juicebox
(0) *Rockeater:
(0) *juicebox:
(1) *The Moonlit Shadow: notquitethere

Not voting: Silthuri, randomgenericusername, Rockeater, The Moonlit Shadow

Tropecount:

(0) Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies:
(0) Affably Evil:
(0) Katanas Are Just Better:
(2) Gosh Dang It To Heck: Silthuri, Tiruin
(0) Worthless Yellow Rocks: kingawsume
(0) Cincinnatus:
(0) Star-Crossed Lovers:
(0) Time Master:
(0) Red Herring:
(5) Jumping The Shark: randomgenericusername, notquitethere, Rockeater, juicebox, kingawsume

Not voting: The Moonlit Shadow

Trope in Effect: Clock King: The players will have 24 hours to elect a Clock King before night starts. The Clock King must then select what order the players will act in before the night ends.

Day 4 will end Monday 9:00 P.M. Central/Forum time(1 minute from now). The day's communal extension has been used.

Well, technically, it's day end now, but I started work on the vote count before day ended, so if anyone wants to do a last minute personal extension, like, right now...
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: February 12, 2018, 10:11:57 pm »

Votecount:
(0) *notquitethere:
(0) *kingawsume:
(0) Tiruin:
(0) Silthuri:
(2) *randomgenericusername: kingawsume, juicebox
(0) *Rockeater:
(0) *juicebox:
(1) *The Moonlit Shadow: notquitethere

Not voting: Silthuri, randomgenericusername, Rockeater, The Moonlit Shadow

In the end, it was decided that randomgenericusername would be lynched. The L.Y.N.C.H. spat out a volley of gleaming silver bullets, striking down randomgenericusername.

randomgenericusername was Werebear(town)
(1-Shot, Auto): Bears Are Bad News: If you are lynched, you may choose a player voting you to kill as vengeance.
(0-Shot, Night): Rampage [target]: You kill your target. You do not receive night action results the night you use this ability.
(Night): Lurking Bear [target]: You learn how many players visited your target. If anyone visiting your target uses a kill action on them, you learn their name and gain a shot of Rampage.
(Auto): Infectious: If someone survives being hit by a kill action you use, there is a 50% chance that their role changes completely to become Werebear, though their alignment won’t change.
(1-Shot, Day, Hilarity Ensues): You’re Queen Now [target]: Your target gains (Auto): Queen of Canada: You are the Queen of Canada.

With a cry of rage, randomgenericusername swelled into the form of a bear, dying but vengeful. He fell upon juicebox, who was promptly torn to shreds.

juicebox was Ratatouille(mafia)
(Auto): Delicious Scent: Players who visit you or anyone you visit during the night smell a heavenly scent of French food(literal and figurative flavor).
(Night): Eat Me [target]: If your target is using a single-target action, their target is changed to you. If you are killed the night you use this ability, the alignment of any players who killed you becomes your alignment(if possible) if it would not result in game end.
(1-Shot, X): French Food Convention [targets]: You use your delicious scent to host a French food convention. For the duration of the phase you use this in, your targets and yourself are removed from the game and attend a French food convention. After the phase ends, all players effected by this ability return to the game and all players affected by this ability other than you gain one shot of Secret French Cooking Arts.
(1-Shot, Day, Hilarity Ensues): Villain Song: Can only be used if you are mafia or mafia-ally. PM the mod a song taunting the town for their failure and it shall be posted for you. If you are killed by mafia while you possess this unused ability, the mafia player that killed you receives this ability(and it’s removed from your role).

(Reference): (1-Shot, Night): Secret French Cooking Arts [self]: You cook a delicious meal for yourself, granting yourself enough energy for an additional action next night.

Randomgenericusername licked his lips, then fell still.

Tropecount:

(0) Rocks Fall, Everybody Dies:
(0) Affably Evil:
(0) Katanas Are Just Better:
(2) Gosh Dang It To Heck: Silthuri, Tiruin
(0) Worthless Yellow Rocks: kingawsume
(0) Cincinnatus:
(0) Star-Crossed Lovers:
(0) Time Master:
(0) Red Herring:
(3) Jumping The Shark: notquitethere, Rockeater, kingawsume

Not voting: The Moonlit Shadow

By a considerably reduced margin, it was decided to Jump the Shark. Reality promptly exploded into light and game show introductions.

"Hello, I'm your host Null Nevermore! Welcome to the Sharkjumper Carnival! In this carnival, you shall have a chance to earn fabulous prizes while having a blast! I'll let our mascot explain the rules!"

Beat.

"Nowhere-er, Jumpy, get out here!"

A rather forlorn man in a shark costume walked out of a dimensional portal, cleared his throat, and explained...

Trope: Jumping the Shark: The next night and day are replaced with a single Sharkjumper Carnival phase. Each player gains a Sharkjumper ability which are the only abilities that can be activated in a Sharkjumper Carnival phase, and can only be used in a Sharkjumper Carnival phase.

The Sharkjumper Carnival phase contains 5 minigames and an intermission between each minigame. Minigames all have means of earning Carnival Points within.

Action success in the Sharkjumper Carnival phase is dependent on d10 rolls, with higher being better and lower being worse.

Death in the Sharkjumper Carnival phase is not permanent. Death in the Sharkjumper Carnival phase lasts(with possible exceptions) until the end of the current minigame.

When all the minigames are complete, living players may spend their Carnival Points in the Sharkjumper Shop, gaining abilities for use outside the Sharkjumper Carnival phase.

Information on each minigame is revealed upon its start.

The items for sale in the Sharkjumper Shop will have their flavor revealed when all the minigames are complete. When multiple players want to buy an item from the Sharkjumper Shop, the player who offers the highest amount of Carnival Points to buy it receives the item and learns its game effects at the end of the Sharkjumper Carnival phase. Players who do not receive an item still lose the points they bid. In the event of a tie, a random player who tied for the item gets it. Items may only be purchased from the Sharkjumper Shop via PM.

Just like that, the six remaining players became contestants in a game show.

((I'll send out Sharkjumper abilities tomorrow. Feel free to chat in the meantime.))

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(6/11): Sharkjumper 1: Pre-Game Chat!
« Reply #558 on: February 13, 2018, 04:48:13 am »

We can (technically due to trope) post at niiiiiiight! :V (Also GAH timezones stoppng me from replying readily)

Then you claim you're suspicious about NQT, yet say you trust him and Rockeater should use their protect on NQT because you trust him. Explain this inconstancy plz. 
Suspicious because of assuming 2 player mario Mafia stuffs because of presuming TEAMWORK STUFF. Apparently that's more a presumption because the ONLY MAFIA KILL was by a supersaint-shot. RGU, I love you.

The trust is because BHK's message pretty much told him everything about me. :P And due to the fact that I'm still a bleedin' live, I do believe he's not Mafia. (else, y'know, it's all a late-day bait and I die last :v but that's super risky)

Anywhoo, looks like THIS NIGHT and NEXT DAY is all Trope-funtime, and we push aside all dem mafia rules in favor of the trope (no editing posts still).

FOU: Do we still get to vote for a trope? Is anyone present, still able to use their non-tropey abilities (sans Hilarity Ensues)? [Meaning: Can we do our role night/day actions, if any :V While having fun at the carnival?]

Because I'm suspecting the BLOODY CULT WILL OVERTAKE THE FOLKS ALIVE (I wouldn't be talking like this if cult'd :v because that's boasting and hah TRY ME CULT)
notquitethere:
(0) *kingawsume:
(0) Tiruin:
(0) Silthuri:
(0) *Rockeater:
(0) *The Moonlit Shadow:
...Wow we're only 6 people left. 1 Mafia. 1 Town AT LEAST, and 4 people who can be town or bloody cult. I'm presuming TWO because it has to start somewhere, and N2 non-shot unblockability.

That said, the MAFIA is our best buddy right now to face the bloody cult. -.-
BUT I HAVE A GUN AND I KNOW HOW TO USE IT SO TRY RECRUITING ME!
]/twitch]

(Night): Eat Me [target]: If your target is using a single-target action, their target is changed to you. If you are killed the night you use this ability, the alignment of any players who killed you becomes your alignment(if possible) if it would not result in game end.
Wow.
This is beautiful.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: February 13, 2018, 05:18:41 am »

Well, I would like to get investigate ability in the end of this
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: February 13, 2018, 08:57:40 am »

PfP so I won't cut the part I want from Tiruin but I don't think the cult work like an ordinery cult.
If it does and we assume The moonlight shadow say the truth on rejecting them twice we still have a cult leader and two cultists in the game
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(8/11): Sharkjumper 1!
« Reply #561 on: February 13, 2018, 10:04:19 am »

FOU: Do we still get to vote for a trope? Is anyone present, still able to use their non-tropey abilities (sans Hilarity Ensues)? [Meaning: Can we do our role night/day actions, if any :V While having fun at the carnival?]

Tropes can only be voted for during the day, and this is the Sharkjumper phase. The abilities you have in your role right now don't function during the Sharkjumper Carnival, but each of you will receive a Sharkjumper ability that will function during the carnival.
~~~
You should have all received your Sharkjumper abilities.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 10:15:04 am by FallacyofUrist »

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: February 13, 2018, 06:29:18 pm »

"All right then! Now that you're done talking, we can start the first minigame! Here's how it's going to go-"

Rockeater's dead body fell to the ground, landing on Null's foot.

"Well then. He should revive shortly... why isn't he coming back to life?"

Rockeater has been killed.

Null jabbed his sword into Rockeater's body and frowned.

"Well, based on my scan it looks like Rockeater will be sitting out the Sharkjumper Carnival. He should come back to life once it's finished, though."

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #563 on: February 13, 2018, 07:55:01 pm »

hm.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's BYOR 3(5(6)/11): Sharkjumper 1: Pre-Game Murder!
« Reply #564 on: February 13, 2018, 10:30:40 pm »

@_@

...Okay, so...does anyone have a revive power? :v

I mean OTHER than the fact that people are still 1 Mafia left, and cult, this bit is to have fun and NOT kill other people for the prizes which come later on.

Is there going to be any public posting at all or are you all going to be passive yet again and thus make it stale and static with little engagement? :P

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: February 14, 2018, 07:27:01 am »

Did the minigame start or... What.
Indeed >_> It is night so...pretty much waiting for stuffs. I did get an ability but going to ask for claiming it in public won't do given it's only one thing. :V

I mean we can post at night--so let's get to tomorrow's dayhunting shall we?

(0) *notquitethere:
(0) *kingawsume:
(0) Tiruin:
(0) Silthuri:
(0) *Rockeater:
(0) *The Moonlit Shadow:
Six dudes, Mafia down, 1 left (presumably, else we're fighting cult -.-)

With 3 nights passed, presuming all is passed and done, we have THREE cultists, give or take 1. I am not a cultist because I'm being all blatant and annoyingly conspicuous about discussing them (if anyone wishes to discuss whether I am a cultist, please do >_> But I'm still awaiting NQT's massclaim and stuff :V).

Anyway, 1:5, on the 6/6 people, at least, is the only barrier between cult winning, too.
SOMEHOW, if the cult is at least 3+, there is...a complete lack of activity (meaning that they either would love passivity or just a boring game to score a technical win). I'm presuming otherwise given Sil's blockade network, and other people's claims.

Rockeater: Can you post? I will presume you cannot if you do not post  (due to somehow being killed straight off?); if there's anything you can speak about, please do tell.

I really think this trope mechanic needs at LEAST some semblance to balancing the timing as it can favor timezones over others.

But it is a non-lethal trope, with the possible benefits of boosting someone by the time it ends (eg FoU's time, probably next Monday).

Anyway, looking back--I'm presuming juicebox was the killer-type, as most of his roles (OTHER than that fancy dinner) seem less useful by themselves. Did anyone target juicebox or was redirected to him? I don't recall anyone claiming they got french food convention'd so it's safe to say it's either used purely with the scumbuddy, or it was never used.

Nor did anyone claim anything about french food in my memory so nobody even decided to touch juicebox. ._.; I'd be voting either TMS or kingawsume at that point unless further details roll forth; there is EXTREMELY LITTLE in the way of day-attitude that went to help me see this out (that and my leaning on NQT is still present because if he was Mafia, I'd be dead :v since he knew since N1 who I am, what I can do), and people only knew at a point in time where I actually gained something to help myself, so woo.

Everyone: Are you going to use this speechful night to hunt scum or what?

kingawsume

• Bay Watcher
  • Still wondering why orang man and meme man feud.
    • View Profile
    • Sig Text
« Reply #566 on: February 14, 2018, 08:36:02 am »

Guess not.
Urist McZombie, werecarp, has taken form! A giant carp twisted into a humanoid form. Its eyes glow blue. Its fins are purple. Now you will know to fear the night.
"Problems with playing in evil biomes"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: February 15, 2018, 08:55:06 pm »

Argh I was away for a day and...everyone else seems to not either care or decide to be inactive >_>

But more to the case, there are no minigames or FoU didn't post any! He's been away for 2 days so it may either be eating him that he didn't do that, or he's sick and I hope he's okay. Either way I hope he's okay. :-[

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: February 16, 2018, 06:38:45 pm »

But more to the case, there are no minigames or FoU didn't post any! He's been away for 2 days so it may either be eating him that he didn't do that, or he's sick and I hope he's okay. Either way I hope he's okay. :-[
I'm okay. I was just hoping to give you guys a chance to discuss the sudden death of Rockeater.

Expect first minigame information shortly.
~~~
"Alright then! Jumpy is feeling shy right now, so I'll explain the first minigame! Now pay attention!"

The first minigame is Team Deathmatch. The players are divided into two teams of equal players, and will fight in an arena until only players of one team remain. The winning team’s players(the team with players remaining) all receive bonuses of 10 Carnival Points apiece. Each player who kills another player is rewarded with 5 Carnival Points per kill. If there is an odd number of players, one player will be selected and will not participate in Team Deathmatch. The non-participating player may place a bet on which team will win, and if they call it right, they will gain 10 Carnival Points.

"In order to balance the teams, kingawsume will not be participating. He'll still get an opportunity to earn points, though..."

"Now for the teams! Tiruin and Silthuri will face off against notquitethere and The Moonlit Shadow! Feel free to come up with your own team names!"

"Er... give me a minute. I'll make sure notquitethere is ready to play before we begin."
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 07:54:52 pm by FallacyofUrist »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: February 16, 2018, 11:19:11 pm »

I'm okay. I was just hoping to give you guys a chance to discuss the sudden death of Rockeater.
Oh.

I was presuming it was a kill done by day-timing since nobody else cares to interact anyway meaning all of you are bloody annoying cult.

The first minigame is Team Deathmatch. The players are divided into two teams of equal players, and will fight in an arena until only players of one team remain. The winning team’s players(the team with players remaining) all receive bonuses of 10 Carnival Points apiece. Each player who kills another player is rewarded with 5 Carnival Points per kill. If there is an odd number of players, one player will be selected and will not participate in Team Deathmatch. The non-participating player may place a bet on which team will win, and if they call it right, they will gain 10 Carnival Points.

"In order to balance the teams, kingawsume will not be participating. He'll still get an opportunity to earn points, though..."

"Now for the teams! Tiruin and Silthuri will face off against notquitethere and The Moonlit Shadow! Feel free to come up with your own team names!"

"Er... give me a minute. I'll make sure notquitethere is ready to play before we begin."
Can we go for instructions as we wait on NQT?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48