Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8

Author Topic: Fleshmancy 3: Meatcastles  (Read 8356 times)

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy 3: Meatcastles
« Reply #90 on: December 03, 2017, 01:17:22 am »

Castle Aort:

Run tests on the brains, making brains with different parts of them removed to see which parts of them are responsible for the psionic explosions.

See if I can make brain-grenades by making brains out of just the parts that are responsible for the psionic explosions (hook them up to a biological touch sensor or pain receptor or something so that they know when to explode).
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just here, because actually I don't know*shrug
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: December 03, 2017, 01:42:46 am »

I devote my research Into creating MBB's or Mobile. Bone Baltiste. Or alternate title: SNIPER SPIDERS.

They are essentially skeletons with a few muscles and tendons to move and fire regrow-able bolts of bone essentially think of a scorpion but made mostly of bone lots of long limbs and a long tale made of sharpened bony ammunition. the first two limbs  are long stretch and conjoined with a hole in the middle that a bolt can fit into and large muscles and ligament to strength the arms until they are taugh then relesea bolt, the next two sets of limbs would be for walking and the third would be for taking bolts from its tail and loading them.

The big vulnerability with this ranged critter would be its delicacy, no armor exposed bones and muscle. Also will need vulnerable eyes and normal sized brain to target stuff at range.

Will run the cost caclculations later.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: December 03, 2017, 05:37:37 pm »

(5 flesh(for mass) +7 bone(needs a lot of bone) +5 flesh for brain + 2 for eyes) So about 19$ for one of my beauties, sounds about right? I don't really need to give them organs, right?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: December 03, 2017, 05:57:15 pm »

(5 flesh(for mass) +7 bone(needs a lot of bone) +5 flesh for brain + 2 for eyes) So about 19$ for one of my beauties, sounds about right? I don't really need to give them organs, right?

It will almost certainly require organs. It has been explicitly stated that Fleshmancy only deals with living things. In order to actually use muscles it would require energy, which means it needs organs to generate that energy, and deal with waste products at the very least. In other words Essential Organs

Actual costs are difficult to predict however, as they seem to vary in hard to predict ways. An example of this is the sentient spear having a brain, eyes, bone and essential organs, yet only cost 7 flesh total.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2017, 06:00:13 pm »

It will almost certainly require organs. It has been explicitly stated that Fleshmancy only deals with living things. In order to actually use muscles it would require energy, which means it needs organs to generate that energy, and deal with waste products at the very least. In other words Essential Organs

Actual costs are difficult to predict however, as they seem to vary in hard to predict ways. An example of this is the sentient spear having a brain, eyes, bone and essential organs, yet only cost 7 flesh total.

Okay than how much will it end up costing then?

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2017, 06:09:34 pm »

Honestly I have no idea. The GM just sort of does what he wants with the costs as far as I can tell. I think it is also based on your research dice roll in some way. My estimate would be to add 2 to 5 flesh to your previous estimate. Specific organs typically require 1 flesh each and you do not require "full organs" which typically cost 7 flesh?

I estimated the Visceral Surgeon's cost at around 44 flesh. (Fuman base cost being 30, adding 5 for a large brain instead of a regular brain, 7 for an additional set of organs and 2 for the bone claw). The result ended up having a cost of 55, and the end result had less health than the Fuman. I'm guessing some of the extra cost included an additional organ that allowed the Visceral Surgeon to also sew meatgolems back up, additional flesh for the surgeon to actually keep the organs in, and more than one additional set of organs? Actually now that I think about it, the actual price makes sense.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2017, 06:48:06 pm »

I have come to the aid of Hallucis!

I will research creating Bonetraps, flat creatures with a single joint in between two jagged bone semi-circles. When something touches the joint, they sanp shut, trapping whatever was stuck in them.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 03, 2017, 07:33:10 pm »

At Castle Stypani

Create Acid bees! A type of flying insect resembling a medium sized hornet but colored a dark, bile-like green. It is filled with acid and will attempt to fly to, and sting monsters.  It is designed so that it will be housed inside of a hive organ that will be researched by my fellow fleshmancer.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 07:07:17 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 03, 2017, 08:53:07 pm »

Rynar

Fuman Exoskeleton Variant

A fuman with a coating of bone melded to its' flesh. The exoskeleton should maximize protection without sacrificing mobility or flexibility in its' structure, so lighter bone around the joints and no bone around the bones themselves. The strength and bone integrity of the fuman should be improved in order to allow them to support their own weight.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 03, 2017, 09:32:22 pm »

Aort

Assist with Meat Garden research.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: December 03, 2017, 09:34:02 pm »

Rynar

A fuman with a coating of bone melded to its' flesh. The exoskeleton should maximize protection without sacrificing mobility or flexibility in its' structure, so lighter bone around the joints and no bone around the bones themselves. The strength and bone integrity of the fuman should be improved in order to allow them to support their own weight.
yeah sure do this one
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 03, 2017, 10:23:09 pm »

I have come to the aid of Hallucis!

I will research creating Bonetraps, flat creatures with a single joint in between two jagged bone semi-circles. When something touches the joint, they sanp shut, trapping whatever was stuck in them.

Aha, so someone did appreciate my bony caltrops suggestion!

I'M only allowed to research one thing at a time right?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 04, 2017, 10:05:25 am »

Castle Stypani:

I will design the Walking Hive! The hive is a massive spider-like creature that extrudes wax from its back in a honeycomb shape...perfect for housing bees. If no bees are present, though, it can fire the wax at enemies.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Paxiecrunchle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 04, 2017, 10:29:27 am »

Rynar

yeah sure do this one
no, a flexible bone moss with cartilage for connective tissue would be better, that way we could craft armour for any of our loyal servants/pets/battle monsters.

Urist Mc Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 04, 2017, 03:48:14 pm »

Rynar

yeah sure do this one
no, a flexible bone moss with cartilage for connective tissue would be better, that way we could craft armour for any of our loyal servants/pets/battle monsters.

It would probably be more difficult...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8