Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8

Author Topic: Fleshmancy 3: Meatcastles  (Read 8345 times)

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Fleshmancy 3: Meatcastles
« on: November 26, 2017, 09:31:01 pm »

Fleshmancy 3

Long ago your ancestors lived deep beneath the earth, eking out poor and harsh lives in the strange and mysterious caverns beneath the world. Several died on wonderful adventures which left their journeys wholly unfinished. Yet in time, one by one, they explored the caverns. Through sheer attrition, they Lost Tribe discovered which caverns were deadly, and which were safe. This went on for hundreds of years, but eventually, a way to the surface was discovered. The Lost Tribe rejoiced and made their way to the surface where they crafted wonderful meatcastles where they would live on happily forever. Spreading across the land, the Lost Tribe was lost no more and would live happily ever after...

Until one day much much sooner than happily ever after, a great evil cursed the land!

The Darkness of the caverns followed the Lost Tribe out of the caverns and spread itself across the sky, casting it into eternal gloom. With no sunlight their crops withered and their newish way of life was certainly doomed by the gloom. In these dark times, the Lost Tribe turned to the only semblance of heros that they had ever known, the Fleshmancers. As Darkness spread across the lands, strange monsters appeared and crept across the horizon. They were hungry. They were angry. They wanted your beloved meatcastles! You must defend the lands at all costs and survive until morning!

Fleshmancy 3 departs from the traditional ISG format of the Fleshmancy games. Instead it is something new, strange, and twisted. There are several regions which must be defended against the encroaching monsters. Combining a mix of theoretical tower defense, rpg, and arms-race games, Fleshmancy 3 is definitely a weird game.

The Game:
The game is measured in Nights, which is a terrible unit of measurement since there really is no day. Each Night is approximately one year long. Each night monsters will assault the Meat Castles of your kingdoms and you must use your fleshmancy to create defenses, heros, and monsters of your own to fight off the horrible and mysterious scourge which seeks to eat your home. Players must work together to decide their course of action, and how to best defend the various meat castles. If a meat castle falls, it can never be regained and that area and all of its benefits are lost.

The Arftifacts:
The Seemingly Endless Pile of Flesh: Your nation's greatest treasure! A vast and totally not even a little bit smelly or disgusting wad of flesh which constantly regenerates and provides your fleshmancers with a supply of flesh. Each turn each meatcastle will produce a supply of 100 meat which can be used in the defense of that meat castle, or sent to reinforce another meat castle.
The Bone Furnace: A strange and mysterious forge which spouts blue flames from a skull-like smithery. Using this this bone furnace can turn meat into bone in a 2 to one ratio. The chewing and sucking sounds this artifact makes during this process are melodic in a gut wrenching sort of way.
The Organ Sage: Considered outcasts among most traditional fleshmancers, yet gifted fleshmancers who serve a vital role in the craft, each meat castle has a Court Organ Sage which is capable of answering questions about the process of Fleshmancy and can craft various organs for the war effort.

The Game:
Each Night will consist of an Assault, a research, and a preparation phase. These are fairly standard and simplified arms-race like turns. When not being assaulted you tend to Flesh Pile, gather resources, and reinforce your armies and defenses. During the assault, you will see how your preparations fared against your mysterious attackers. There will be five meatcastles, though there are several surrounding areas which may also be attacked by monsters or used to gather resources. Each player will be allowed to use their resources however they see fit, defending their home castle or aiding others. You will find that teamwork will not always be the best option, for if a Meatcastle falls, all who currently reside in that meat castle will be eliminated from the game.

The Map:

If you have any questions or are interested in playing, just post below. The map, and the various meat castles will be coming soon. If anyone has any interest in writing up a bit about a meatcastle and having it be one of the one's in game, please feel free to do so.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 11:54:11 pm by Roboson »

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy 3: Return of The Flesh
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2017, 09:31:32 pm »

Cost Guidelines

Flesh: This determines the size of your construct.
Bone: Provides structure and reinforcement to bone.
Organs: Gives your construct abilities.

Eye: 1 flesh.
Tiny brain: 1 flesh.
Small brain: 3 flesh.
Brain: 5 flesh.
Large brain: 10 flesh.
Teeth: 2 bone.
Internal Organs: 7 flesh.
Special Organs: Variable cost.
Specific Organ: 1 flesh. 

A human would roughly cost 30 flesh (2 for eyes, 5 for brain, 2 for teeth, 7 for internal organs, 4 bone, and 6 flesh.)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:13:37 am by Roboson »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2017, 10:33:05 pm »

Interested! Sign me up.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2017, 10:39:09 pm »

Yes.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2017, 10:43:45 pm »

I'm intrigued by this meat. Sign me up.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 10:50:50 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2017, 10:52:36 pm »

I guess this will be an interesting game to play in; join me in plz.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2017, 11:09:42 pm »

here i am

my duty will be to make all the meat-based puns and vie for the most reckless course of action let's do this
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2017, 11:27:57 pm »

Really rough map is up. So now the first Night can begin.

Dusk of the First and Last Night
The darkness crept over the horizon like a sunset in reverse, rising up from the horizon until it devoured the sun and engulfed the sky in a purple haze. The world was cast into darkness and a terrifying mist filled with hungry monsters crept over the horizon. Yet there it remained, sitting waiting, unable to advance further into your most meaty of lands. In time, shapes appeared in the fog and crossed over that seemingly tangible border which holds the wall of purple death at bay. You know its only a matter of time before they venture towards your tasty towers....

New Monster Spotted!

The gaping maw of this monster can be seen along the edge of the fogwall. Its empty eye and interlocking teeth move unnaturally as its tests its ability to cross into your lands. Soon they will come for you...

You must prepare yourselves for the impending assault! The new monster has been spotted in every direction and it is uncertain where they will attack. Fleshmancers must now choose their castle for the The First Night. For each fleshmancer, each castle will gain 100 flesh. Five fleshmancers at a castle, 500 flesh. However, the fleshmancers must agree on how to spend that income. Where there are enough for democracy, then democracy and comprimise is the default. However if there are only one or two fleshmancers at any one castle, they must come to an arrangement (splitting the resources or compromise) or if they are truly alone facing the horde of monsters bearing down upon them they can die screaming in agony as they fall to the beasts use the resources however they see fit. See the post after the OP for some cost guidelines. Lastly, to make things clearer and easier to track, please post the name of whatever castle you chose for this turn at the beginning of your posts, even just the letter would suffice.. At some point in the future (and if the players are interested) I'll make a discord with the individual castles having their own chat thread to avoid clutter. (Really not sure the number of players that will turn out and how hectic it will be, so we'll see). Each player gets to research their own design, with bonuses being applied if two players research the same tech.

Research Phase of Night 1 has begun

Spoiler: Tech (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:17:52 am by Roboson »

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2017, 11:37:31 pm »

I will command Hallucis and research the production of moving stabby-bone-shard spike walls to crush and pierce monsters.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2017, 11:38:43 pm »

Aort

We shall research how to create a projectile weapon that fires sharpened bone fragments, and then attempt to lace them with strong acids. These will be part of creatures that can move around at average human pace and adjust targeting on their own. If bone guns are too expensive, go for bone scythes.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:02:07 am by Doomblade187 »
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2017, 11:54:02 pm »

In Magula; I will research creating flesh-humanoids being/elemental things that have sentience and their main directive to defend the castle, already equipped with bone spears.

Sl4cker

• Bay Watcher
  • clouds are pretty :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 12:08:46 am »

Castle Rynar

Research and develop fleshy scouting drones - beings with a head containing one eye, a mouth, and a small brain, with membranous wings coming out of the back temples. Underneath this head is a small pouch, containing lungs, a heart and a small stomach (they do not have teeth and thus feed on processed liquids). These scouts will fly around the land and report back to each castle, relaying information on what they saw.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 12:17:10 am by Sl4cker »
Quote from: Empiricist
I mean no one wants dead whales and abortion clinics juxtaposed with each other, but it's just something that happens! Like false vacuum decay!
carrot cakeu

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Fleshmancy 3: Meatcastles
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2017, 05:59:18 am »

Castle Sypani
Research a sticky, tasty cord of flesh that can be strung up around the castle.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 06:05:43 am by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2017, 08:58:37 am »

I will join those at castle Stypani.

Research a sticky, tasty cord of flesh that can be strung up around the castle.
+1.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2017, 11:56:35 am »

I will be at Aort, and suggest we divide the flesh evenly for now.
Research an Extendable tentacle spear.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 01:23:48 pm by crazyabe »
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8