Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 120

Author Topic: [MODDING] 0.44.x GENERAL MODDING QUESTIONS THREAD - NOW IN ALLCAPS EDITION  (Read 185127 times)

se05239

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [MODDING] 0.44.x questions thread
« Reply #315 on: March 15, 2018, 08:56:52 am »

How would one go about to create an "aura" style syndrome that generates positive feelings?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 15, 2018, 12:07:05 pm »

Ive used a dissolving stone trick (boils at just below room temperature, has a set temperature just above that) with inhaled syndrome for stuff like that. Its not super reliable (i would guess it actually takes effect about 25-30% of the time) as the creature has to actually breathe while enveloped in a cloud of the substance, but if its something that is created frequently enough and lasts a while then it should take effect. So the source would matter; is it coming from a creature you can pasture in highly trafficked areas that just gives off the substance or a material emission interaction a dwarf gets from somewhere else, or a reaction at a workshop you'd want to micromanage.

The actual syndrome can just cause positive emotions and personality changes, theres a syndrome tag for both, its present in alcohol.

---
So my game has been crashing frequently in fort mode, playing as my antman civ, and im not exactly sure why. I updated to the latest version to make sure it wasnt the crash bugs from raids. Seems to happen at random, like when i tried to view a unit or just idly waiting for things to happen (while my raider squads are at home), im wondering if it could be one of my various creatures is broken, but i havent had any luck with finding one and theres no errorlogs being created at all. I was going to try the usual dwarf civs to see if the problem is solely with my new civ, but id like to know if anybody is aware of any other crash bugs im not?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 12:19:32 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 15, 2018, 08:42:08 pm »

How would one go about to create an "aura" style syndrome that generates positive feelings?

Can you add a material-emission interaction to make the creature constantly shoot water into the air? Turn the thing into a walking waterfall/mist generator?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: March 16, 2018, 05:20:55 am »

probably better to just have a once-daily interaction with no max number of targets which works on GREETING which has a CE_ADD_EMOTION which adds some good emotion

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #319 on: March 16, 2018, 07:37:17 am »

How would I go on about having a contact syndrome add additional symptoms with enough exposure?

I'm trying to add a "healing rain" that increases recuperation at first, but if you stand long enough in it it would start to seal the eyes and mouth, leading to blindness and suffocation. I guess I would have to use the concentration tokens like in alcohol, yeah? How do those work exactly?

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
  • Master Building Designer
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: March 16, 2018, 09:08:15 am »

[SYN_CONCENTRATION_ADDED:100:1000] only increases intensity of a syndrome over time, so it's not quite suitable for the all-or-nothing of having your blindness/suffocation syndromes.

A low-PROB set of horrifying symptoms is the way to go. Statistics and averages being what they are, you'll get the desired effect of someone eventually suffering the hideous side-effects with too much exposure. Unfortunately, there's no way to batch-group different CE_X symptoms to the same probability, so you'd have separate rolls for blindness and suffocation.

DF Vanilla-Spice Revised: Better balance, more !!fun!!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=173907.msg7968772#msg7968772

LeadfootSlim on Steam, LeadfootSlim#1851 on Discord. Hit me up!

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: March 16, 2018, 09:23:16 am »

Hello everybody, I have a question:

I'm trying to write an entity which can only tame one and only one creature - which is always present (the easy part with ANIMAL tags).
Is there an easy way to exclude all other creatures from taming, without messing with all of the creature files?

I'd like the entity to be a few-files businness, easy to add to existing mods and to update to new versions.
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 16, 2018, 11:10:09 am »

Exclusive civ creatures is super easy now. Just delete COMMON_DOMESTIC from the entity file to get rid of all those pesky mules and geese, and add something like this:

[ANIMAL]
      [ANIMAL_TOKEN:VORACIOUS_CAVE_CRAWLER]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_MOUNT]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_SIEGE]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PACK]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_WAGON_PULLER]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PET]
      [ANIMAL_ALWAYS_PRESENT]

Remove whichever tags don't apply, and repeat for any additional animals you want to appear.

Mediterraneo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 16, 2018, 12:16:26 pm »

Thanks Warlord: but that's the easy part.

My problem -probably it was unwisely worded -  is with excluding all the other creatures from the entity access.

I don't want my entity to have access to any other animal.

How to?

« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 12:21:42 pm by Mediterraneo »
I don't do much modding, but when I do you can use anything I did for Dwarf Fortress in any non-commercial project. Let me know if you did, you'll make me happy!

Rhenaya's Drow mod forum page

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #324 on: March 16, 2018, 01:32:29 pm »

Exclude GENERAL_POISON class of animals?
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 16, 2018, 02:41:19 pm »

Literally only give them that one creature. What warlord posted uses the creature ID, not a creature class, so its only selecting that particular creature. Delete every other thing giving them access to other animals, and they wont have any others.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: March 16, 2018, 03:24:06 pm »

When I add in modded armors the game seems to pick a selection of them randomly at worldgen and forget the rest. I don't know why that's happening and can't find mentions of this anywhere. I've also reviewed all the information I can find on the wiki.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: March 16, 2018, 03:47:39 pm »

Thats normal behavior for the game, if you set their rarity to COMMON or anything below. If you use FORCED, iirc, that ensures the armor is always present.
I make Spellcrafts!

JAK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 16, 2018, 04:01:00 pm »

Thats normal behavior for the game, if you set their rarity to COMMON or anything below. If you use FORCED, iirc, that ensures the armor is always present.

Sick, that worked! Thanks!

Warlord255

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: March 16, 2018, 04:24:46 pm »

Thanks Warlord: but that's the easy part.

My problem -probably it was unwisely worded -  is with excluding all the other creatures from the entity access.

I don't want my entity to have access to any other animal.

How to?

Deleting all the COMMON_DOMESTIC stuff seemed to work for me. However, this only affects what animals the civ will tame - which in turn they can bring in cages, or offer products such as milk/cheese. Wild animals will always be hunted and their respective meats/leathers offered. It may be possible to curb this by removing all ALLOWED_JOB and PERMITTED_BUILDING pertaining to meat/leather acquisition, so maybe give that a try if you're just trying to make merchants who only bring products from one animal.

Removing ANIMAL_TRAINING as a job may work to stop taming in worldgen, but I can't be sure since it's no longer a RESPONSIBILITY entry in entity positions.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2018, 04:28:12 pm by Warlord255 »

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 120