Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51

Author Topic: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (Fall 1965 - Final Design Phase)  (Read 60681 times)

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (1955 - Revision Phase)
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 11:48:27 pm »

I think if we are gonna be creating a chemical concoction, @Funk , It will have to be a revised edition of either Spice or Fury, but I think what we should be striving for isn't injectable concoctions, but great vats that would turn a man into something else... something Perfect.
I think your right with that, it's better done as a revised edition.
Im not sure that playing with DNA is fast enough, it's embordary when we should tailoring the whole cloth.
Lets take a more direct, large scale path to improvement with the parts we have now, surgery give us the fastist improvement.
Quote from: Boats
Division of Biological Manipulation: (3) Shadowclaw, Blood Librarian,
[/quote]
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2017, 05:29:59 am »

Assuming eventual success in enhancing our troops strength, we could drastically improve upon the "Pursuit" Rifle by directly replacing it with a portable assault rifle style variant of the Can Shredder multibarrel autocannon (currently the main gun of the M3T1A1 Raider).  Also, by isolating the weapon system, we would significantly improve our ballistic technology beyond our existing designs, perhaps even allowing for the majority of our weapons systems to be some form of multibarreled autocannon, in keeping with our starter designs' theme of high rate of fire. Possibly better to start with a crew served weapon usable by people who can't hip fire , but I like the goal of one hundred soldiers with one hundred Can Shredders as Aratam's basic infantry unit.
Not yet, though, got to get that extra lab up and running for now.
Quote from: Boats
Division of Biological Manipulation: (4?) Shadowclaw, Blood Librarian, tntey, The Ensorceler
Man-Portable Can Shredder: (0)
Can you fix your vote box, Funk? Your name isn't on it, and you deleted tntey. Mine skips your version because I don't want to put words in your mouth.)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2017, 04:24:47 pm »

Division of Biological Manipulation: Having a conclave ON TOP of the Refinery for this facility serves a different purpose than just playing with chemicals. It has its own research dedicated to biological knowledge, but more importantly the manipulation of biological material including thing as the genome, DNA and RNA, and other such biological material. With this faculty in place it will be much easier to dedicate research into the manipulation of organisms, the amplifying the effects of drugs, and even the manipulation of organs to create... super soldiers. Dedicated research teams, proper tools, even the necessary test subjects that have to take to human experiments. All this to make our understandings and future advancements of biology easier. The main tool to make it easier for us to mess with genetics, is through with chemical baths that surround the faculty and testing their effects on the victims, test subjects.
Revision: Division of Biological Manipulation
(Normal) (1+1) = 2: Utter Failure

It turns out that our architects decided to construct the Division of Biological Manipulation conveniently next to a part of the rainforest canopy that held a natural safe path down to the rainforest floor. It also turns out that our test subjects knew about this architectural flaw. It also turns out that our test subjects were very angry and really wanted to escape.

Most of our work in this revision was handling the sudden lack of test subjects, ensuring the security of the Refinery, and repairing the damage caused by the test subjects during their escape. Operations of the Refinery are predicted to continue as normal, but the Division of Biological Manipulation is currently dead in the water. We only had time to design and construct the basic architecture before the escape occurred. Any future attempts would likely be a bit easier as the base architecture is there, but the rooms are empty and damaged; that and the proper funding, scientists, and all the other essential stuff are not in place.

So, to sum it up: The Division of Biological Manipulation technically exists, but lacks anyone to staff it, funding, and proper equipment. Future attempts will be easier thanks to the work we've done, but so far we get nothing.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)

The Design Phase of 1956 has begun. You may also vote for another Cannalan design to import. Your higher-ups forgot to submit the request earlier, and the importing will be done at the beginning of 1956 - whatever you import will arrive quick enough to be effective to base this year's designs off of. The next import decision will be in conjunction with the revision phase of 1956.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (1956 - Design Phase)
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2017, 05:30:35 pm »

Programm Splice
this project is part of the biological manipulation lab and attempts to alter the genes of animals. By crossing dog genes with other species we are able to create wardogs to help us in missions.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2017, 09:59:44 pm »

Import the
M1939 "La Sierra" GPMG

Make the
CryoStat Tanks

A massive three-meter tall tank filled with liquid oxygen and an accompanying gas cooler, This system is the cutting edge of regeneration and even augmentation technology of the Aratam Nation.
A wounded soldier can be placed in the tank, and a special concoction of over half a dozen pharmaceuticals and otherwise exotic chemicals courtesy of the Refinery, A soldier can be brought from the brink of death in mere days to a full and robust health, and that same soldier can even be brought  beyond their current condition with the application of any type of chemical concoctions that  can be designed if spare time is brought. The Patient is given an IV of specialized Hydrogen-based coolants and then thrown into the oxygen fluid. They are immediately put into a comatose/Stasis type solution. They will immediately face long and short-term damage without the accompanying Pharma Chems being injected into the system to regenerate/augment the individual. Once the treatment has finished, they are dumped out and immediately thrown into a 40 C Furnace. The Coolants are slowly taken out by the Renal system and the individual wakes up around twelve hours later.  Although there are certain problems that would have to be corrected before the Cryo tank treatment (Bone Fractures, a pierced lung, and certain types of cancers in optimal conditions), This system can correct almost any wound or condition that is not hereditary in nature in its current designed standpoint. It is also designed with the intention of acting as a method towards the creation of meta or post-human individuals.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2017, 12:25:11 am »

Can Shredders are a lot bigger than I thought. The original probably weighed 750-1000 lbs, and even with the Gast Autocannon Modernization Revision version (the one we have),  they probably still weigh 650-850 lbs. A GAMR Can Perforator would probably be 400-475 lbs, still way heavier than I had intended the Shredder. Instead, I would like to either create a clip/drum/belt fed Thumper variant or add a Thumper tube to every M1939 "La Sierra" GPMG. I will support the La Sierra next Import Phase.

CryoStat Tanks are also good, but we will need to improve our Ore and Oil supplies eventually. To that end I suggest a new explosive, to be used first in mining operations. I am unsure what should make this explosive stand out, but it should incorporate our existing Rare Chemical expertise to go above and beyond the limits of ordinary explosives. Perhaps a set of liquids easily mixed to arm the device, but inert when separate for enhanced safety, as well as power?

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2017, 08:47:31 am »

We could try for some Metallic Hydrogen explosives, but that just seems a little to futuristic if nothing else for the fact that electrolyers are a bit high tech.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2017, 12:45:46 pm »

Chemical Autoinjector Implant
The autoinjector automates the injection process. Inside is a sealed container capable of storing a dose of a chemical. This reservoir can be filled by means of an external needle sized hole which is sealed and should be regularly cleaned to maintain protection against bacterial infection. When the administration of the provided chemical drug is required, a simple rotating switch can be activated. The implant is anchored against the bone and access to the implant externals is maintained by the use of the real breakthrough. The implant is covered with an antibacterial and non-biodegradable glue that forms a perfect seal. This weak glue interacts with the surrounding skin to accommodate cell growth while still reforming into an effective bacterial barrier.
---
The intent here is to allow for further implant designs while starting with one that leverages our existing chemical advantages.

Infernos Flamethrower
Otherwise known as Hellfire by the troops for its distinctive green flame. This material is composed of two chemicals that are individually inert, however when mixed and exposed to water it burns. Even relatively light concentrations of water such as that found in water vapor will sustain the flames as the chemical acts as a catalyst for the real reaction. It must instead be put out by smothering, although the catalyst will eventually be exhausted given enough time. The flamethrower itself uses a three-cylinder backpack, with the central cylinder containing pressurized nitrogen used to propel the chemical mix. A flexible pipe connects the backpack to the gun element. Depressing the trigger opens the valve allowing the Infernos to escape.
---
A more offensive use of chemicals if we want to go down that road.

As far as weapon imports go, the M1938 A-3 'Parrot' would be a good option for a cheap flying counter. As the cheapest navel option available to us is the Santos-Class Naval Aircraft Support Vessel.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2017, 01:19:43 pm by Talion »

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2017, 03:45:54 pm »

Without access to Aluminum and sometimes Titanium it might be impossible to build the Parrot or the other planes.

Metallic Recombinators: A new family of chemicals, perfect for manipulating metal at the atomic level. In a crude usage, they can rapidly strip almost any kind of metal ore from slag, then deposit it as pure nodules when the proper release agents are applied. This should revolutionize our mines and foundries, improving speed, efficiency and quality, as well as letting us isolate trace metals previously uneconomical to search for.

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2017, 04:40:26 pm »

Without access to Aluminum and sometimes Titanium it might be impossible to build the Parrot or the other planes.
I checked with the GM, we don't need to worry about Aluminum and Titanium in import designs. Just look at ore and oil costs.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2017, 04:50:17 pm »

Oh, nice. Metallic Recombinators are still good for getting Ore, though, and I've got plans for the future if it gets picked.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2017, 04:55:30 pm »

Quote from: Votes
Design
CryoStat Tanks(0):
Infernos Flamethrower:(2):Talion, Blood Librarian
Chemical Autoinjector Implant(1):Talion
Metallic Recombinators(1): Ensorceler

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2017, 04:58:00 pm »

Programm Splice
CryoStat Tanks:
Infernos Flamethrower: (2) Talion, Blood Librarian
Metallic Recombinators: (1) Ensorceler

Import
M1939 "La Sierra" GPMG: (1) Blood Librarian
M1938 A-3 'Parrot': (1) Talion

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2017, 05:15:27 pm »

To note, if we are gonna go with a method of increasing our ore income, I would rather do Collosial Strip mining projects before we go to synthesize metal.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2017, 05:40:17 pm »

Keres-Class Cruiser: The Keres is essentially a Victoria variant designed to be cheaper. Is has only 2x3 batteries of 9" guns, and the armor around the citadel is less but it has gained an armored deck. It has the same engines, but it's a bit faster for the lost weight. [6 Ore, 4 Oil]

You all are fools; we need some developments in naval and than aerial technology so that we don't get demolished in these areas; sure it's going to be National Effort; but with resources delving into better ore and oil developments we would development the puny Moarkians.

Programm Splice
CryoStat Tanks:
Infernos Flamethrower: (2) Talion, Blood Librarian
Metallic Recombinators: (2) Ensorceler, Shadowclaw

Import
M1939 "La Sierra" GPMG: (1) Blood Librarian
M1938 A-3 'Parrot': (1) Talion
Keret-Class Cruiser: (1) Shadowclaw
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 51