Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51

Author Topic: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (Fall 1965 - Final Design Phase)  (Read 60660 times)

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (1954 - Diplomacy Phase)
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2017, 10:10:30 am »

I suggest we pick Cannala, being a nation that originates from another forum, they are less popular so we might avoid a collision. Additionally, as alcohol-loving pirates, they will no doubt support my next design suggestion:

Bacterial Breeding Farms
Using bacterial growth technique where the feedstock is progressively blocked off by increasingly toxic concentrations of chemicals it is possible to breed bacteria that evolve towards the ability to survive within those toxins. By tuning those toxins to react and be neutralized by the desired chemical, we can breed bacteria tailored to produce the Rare Chemicals we require. From there it is only a matter of making use of a process similar to fermentation in the production of alcohol to mass produce needed chemicals.
---
If we want to improve the utility of the hallucinations, on the other hand, we might be able to take advantage of them to improve the loyalty and behavior of our test subjects soldiers.

Hypnotic Reality Realignment
The use of audio and video based triggers that operate below the level of the conscious mind to craft a new reality for the subject that directs them towards becoming effective and loyal soldiers. Further use of Spice/Fury to induce hallucinations can further alter worldview to ensure our subjects view their enemies in the correct light. This will also let us take advantage of the addictiveness of Spice to provide punishment and reward via access control.

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2017, 03:36:52 pm »

Black Helicopters
Super silent helicopters for two men. Armed with several automatic silenced rifles.

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2017, 04:00:29 pm »

I don't think you people don't know what the GM is asking. he is asking us to pick a side we want to alliance with and then pick a design from them. We are not submitting a crazy theoretical design, the GM will choose who the nations will pick based on what we already researched.
Can someone link me to the Forenia Battle report?

Quote from: Vote Box
Forenia (1): Blood_librarian,
Cannala (0):
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2017, 04:01:40 pm »

People those designs can't be voted for this turn as the battle phase hasn't happened and we are in the diplomatic phase, but sure let's vote for Cannala because than we won't have any competition. You know what's better than the firm-hard APC everyone wants? A goddamn battleship that's what, why have something like this APC ((it took me forever to find the link to Cannala and Forenia's armory, a link in the future would be requested in each Faction Thread; not just the Core.)
Spoiler: APC from Cannala (click to show/hide)

When we can get a Battleship (Actually A 7-Ore costing Battleship with our current resources of 2 Ore, when make the thing Theoretical... whelp)  that and just horribly dominate the enemy in the water? Also it would naval bombardment of cities as well. Anyways I'm voting for the 3-Ore Costing APC because of resource concerns

Quote from: Votes
Side Chosen:
Cannala: Shadowclaw, Talion, Tntey, Blood_librarian
Forenia:

Design Chosen:
M3T1A1 Raider: (1) Shadowclaw
Victoria-Class Battlecruiser: (0)

Edit: Link To Each Nation's Current Armory: Link

Edit 2.0: Further Realization would mean that the Battlecruiser would only be Very Expensive since it's only a deficit of 3-5 The Battlecruiser has a deficit of 8 and would be National Expense don't mind me, with Battlecruisers we would dominate the navy world and could perform naval bombardment on maritime cites and such, this thing would be ridiculous good for our nation.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2017, 04:19:26 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Talion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2017, 04:20:44 pm »

Side Chosen:
Cannala: Shadowclaw, Talion, Tntey, Blood_librarian
Forenia:

Design Chosen:
M3T1A1 Raider: (2) Shadowclaw, Talion
Victoria-Class Battlecruiser: (0)

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2017, 07:03:48 pm »

Also how do we increase our infrastructure?
"Infrastructure" simply means designs or revisions that improve, well, infrastructure. Infrastructure like new/better ways of extracting resources, moving things, and much more.

Let me know if I miss anything regarding imported designs now or in any of the future preparation turns.

Once the Design Bureau's choice of Cannala and the M3T1A1 Raider is sent back, Aratam quickly formalizes its unofficial alliance with Cannala. Luckily, it appears that Mereth went for Forenia.
The schematics for the M3T1A1 Raider arrive quickly, and it becomes apparent that with our lower industrial capacity and resources that the M3T1A is Expensive. We did not receive the Daybreaker version, though if we request the Daybreaker from Cannala in the future we'll be able to include the Daybreaker variant.

Of particular importance is any details of the design that we may wish to replicate - all we have is the schematics. It would take a concerted effort to reverse engineer any individual aspects of the M3T1A1 Raider, though the official schematics would make it fairly easy.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)

The Design Phase of 1955 has begun.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (1955 - Design Phase)
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2017, 08:26:11 pm »

The Refinery

A code name for a utterly massive, gargantuan construction solely consisting of dozens of factories, a borehole straight downwards along with intake pipes for Thermal Water, Oils and other products with dozens of other resources available for a centralized and massed production of almost any chemical or resource we require, currently staffed by the maddest and slash or most insane factory workers we have, due to the fact that the amount of smog that it produces tinges the sky to a sickly brownish yellow. Screams regularly echo from the attached prison camp as horrific experiments and their sordid creations churn in conditions that can be uniquely described as scientific and [hospitable]. Gasmasks and anti-chemical warfare gear are required in the inner areas of the Refinery. The Refinery scales all the way into the sky with smokestacks and deep underground with liquid storage tanks and the machinery required for its day to day operations. It is expected to grow bigger every year.

Quote from: The Vote Box
The Refinery (1): Blood Librarian

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2017, 09:36:51 pm »

+1 to the refinery
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2017, 09:57:16 pm »

Quote from: The Vote Box
The Refinery (3): Blood Librarian, tntey, Funk
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2017, 09:28:32 pm »

The Refinery

A code name for a utterly massive, gargantuan construction solely consisting of dozens of factories, a borehole straight downwards along with intake pipes for Thermal Water, Oils and other products with dozens of other resources available for a centralized and massed production of almost any chemical or resource we require, currently staffed by the maddest and slash or most insane factory workers we have, due to the fact that the amount of smog that it produces tinges the sky to a sickly brownish yellow. Screams regularly echo from the attached prison camp as horrific experiments and their sordid creations churn in conditions that can be uniquely described as scientific and [hospitable]. Gasmasks and anti-chemical warfare gear are required in the inner areas of the Refinery. The Refinery scales all the way into the sky with smokestacks and deep underground with liquid storage tanks and the machinery required for its day to day operations. It is expected to grow bigger every year.
Design: The Refinery
Normal  (4+3) = 7: Superior Craftsmanship

The Refinery can be identified from afar only by the sickly smoke arising above the canopy in the remote part of the rainforest it's hidden in.

A heavily funded project, it represents the base for which we'll base any kinds of chemical research and development from. Massive liquid storage tanks and refineries are the main sight, with cells for test subjects and laboratories seen further inside. Assignment to the Refinery can be seen as either the best or worst day of your life, depending on who you are. Aratam's prisoners are subtly routed to the Refinery for use as test subjects, often never being seen again; skilled scientists are brought on board to aid with the development of new and existing chemicals, oftentimes utilizing the continuous supply of subjects. The Refinery provides them with everything they could need.
For the time being, even most of Aratam's government remains unaware about the refinery. Only those that would be supportive of it and trustworthy enough are allowed to know.

The actual refineries located here prove very useful for our rare chemical situation, giving us +1 Rare Chemical. Everything else will help us immensely for future projects involving chemicals or any utilization of the Refinery.

Spoiler: Designs (click to show/hide)

The Revision Phase of 1955 has begun.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mad Arms Race - Aratam Design Bureau (1955 - Revision Phase)
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2017, 10:24:27 pm »

Jugganourt juice
A blend of powerfull pain killers, growth hormones and steroids.
The compount should be taken regularly to inprove pain tolance and incress body mass and resilience.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2017, 10:36:10 pm »

Yeah.... no

Division of Biological Manipulation: Having a conclave ON TOP of the Refinery for this facility serves a different purpose than just playing with chemicals. It has its own research dedicated to biological knowledge, but more importantly the manipulation of biological material including thing as the genome, DNA and RNA, and other such biological material. With this faculty in place it will be much easier to dedicate research into the manipulation of organisms, the amplifying the effects of drugs, and even the manipulation of organs to create... super soldiers. Dedicated research teams, proper tools, even the necessary test subjects that have to take to human experiments. All this to make our understandings and future advancements of biology easier. The main tool to make it easier for us to mess with genetics, is through with chemical baths that surround the faculty and testing their effects on the victims, test subjects.

Division of Biological Manipulation: (1) Shadowclaw
« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:51:32 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2017, 10:56:09 pm »

I think if we are gonna be creating a chemical concoction, @Funk , It will have to be a revised edition of either Spice or Fury, but I think what we should be striving for isn't injectable concoctions, but great vats that would turn a man into something else... something Perfect.

Quote from: Boats
Division of Biological Manipulation: (2) Shadowclaw, Blood Librarian

Detoxicated

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McCarpenter
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2017, 11:10:25 pm »

Awakened Fury
This chemical compound is a refined version  of fury. Through cleaning the process in all steps required we have managed to greatly increase our outcome therefore reducing its costs.

tntey

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Fishbone for its ska
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2017, 11:32:27 pm »

Quote from: Boats
Division of Biological Manipulation: (3) Shadowclaw, Blood Librarian, tntey
Speaking of lowest intelligence, that reminds me of the fact that it's probably your first time in prison. Don't worry, I can give you some tips, having spent some time in a few myself. The best way to make friends here is to drop the soap during shower time. Try it, I'm sure you'll love making friends like that!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 51