Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44017 times)

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #660 on: April 11, 2018, 04:33:46 pm »

Agatha arrives at the scene then and there, on the trailing end of Maki's latest comment; carrying a rather large book with her. Those looking closely would notice the pages being far older in appearance than its cover (and apparent title) suggests.

"Hello everyone. Sorry if I'm late, got caught up studying and lost track of time... So I guess I'm staying out here then?"

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: April 11, 2018, 06:06:05 pm »

"People who look adult? So that'd be me, Miss Kamijou, and Kiyo then. no offense, but all of you are highschoolers at best."
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: April 11, 2018, 06:06:36 pm »

"None taken. You're probably best on point, anyway."

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: April 11, 2018, 06:20:19 pm »

"I'm an adult. I have my drivers license right here."
Ragnar pulls out his wallet for a moment before putting it away again.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: April 12, 2018, 03:29:07 am »

Ai didn't comment on her little quip being taken seriously as there were more important things to discuss. She shook her head at Ragnars offer and raised a hand in a silent 'Thanks but no thanks' gesture.  "I have no idea what we're looking for, except just anything suspicious in general, but I'll go. The rest of you though. Not planning on just loitering in the parkinglot, right?"
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: April 12, 2018, 03:38:18 am »

"I was hoping to look around outside, maybe in the parking lot or around the outside. Maybe there's something we missed in the chaos last night. In any case, we'll have to wait for you guys anyway to come out so we can talk about anything you find."

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: April 13, 2018, 05:57:53 am »

"So Ragnar coming or staying? Better to make up your minds quick. The longer we stand about conspiring the more obvious it becomes."
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: April 16, 2018, 09:58:16 am »

Kiyo, Ito, Ragnar and Ai head inside, presumably as the oldest and most adult-looking of the group (and Kiyo is of course necessary to get the staff to let them in), with the rest of the group left outside. Kiyo presumably heads up to the receptionist, explains that they were given clearance by Lieutenant Kazuma, and are let in without much of a fight. As they make their way towards the interior of the hospital past the waiting room (surprisingly empty), however, an odd sight greets them.

"Mister Matou, I'm sorry to drop in on you like this, but as you may be aware, matters like these, I take personally and with the utmost seriousness."
"Not at all. My staff are concerned that Zoanthrope attacks might be affecting the safety of our patients as well as themselves. It's reassuring that someone, let alone you, came down to check up on us."

A white-haired young woman in a business suit seems to be looking around the area, speaking to a middle-aged man in a white coat resembling Ito's, only obviously without the Makai Order symbols and with Touto University Hospital emblems and an ID card clipped on the right breast pocket. With carefully-tended straight black hair and five-o'clock shadow, he seems like one of the hospital administrators. Eden soldiers seem to be combing the area for something, possibly the very same thing you are all searching for.

However, more intriguing is the woman currently before you. Ai and Kiyo are likely familiar with her from the news; this woman is Ursula Richards, CEO of the Eden Foundation herself. She was on the news about two weeks ago, opening the first Foundation branch in the Minatodai region; it's the big tower in downtown Touto. That might explain the car parked outside, thinking about it, but what might induce the CEO herself to show up?

Perhaps you might want to ask. Of course, you can split up and investigate also; after all, you have other business aside from the Eden Foundation, and far be it from you to be concerned with their business.

Meanwhile, Maki, Haruko, Amelie, Agatha, Yui and Sato remain outside, presumably waiting for the others. Maki decides to lead the charge, looking around. To your front and right is the parking lot and the main building; to your left and back, a second building and more ground to cover, with an elevated walkway linking the main building and this one. Maki heads off towards the second building, her eyes searching for anything out of the ordinary.

"Alright. I'll go this way to check for clues. Some of you, come with me, the rest of you, look around here. At least we won't be standing around here doing nothing, right?"

It's up to you to decide if you follow Maki or investigate the parking lot.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: April 16, 2018, 01:22:44 pm »

Seeing as there was only a faint niggling feeling in the back of his mind about who the woman is Ragnar just continues onward. He sets his eyes on some distant point down the hall and moves with the purpose of someone who has something important to do. Yes, years of looking too busy for social interaction is being put to work here. After passing the two he walks into a room that the Eden soldiers are checking out. If he can't figure out what they're looking for just by watching he asks.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #669 on: April 16, 2018, 06:16:36 pm »

Haruko, as usual, followed Maki about like a lost puppy. She was transformed into her rather more mundane-looking state (something she still occasionally complained about,) wandering along mostly aimlessly. "What are we even looking for? Is this supposed to be like a video game where the bad guys just randomly drop stuff wherever?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: April 17, 2018, 04:30:59 pm »

"Something, anything out of the ordinary. Like, I don't know WHAT it is we'd be looking for, but I'd rather not stand around looking suspicious, you know?"

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: April 19, 2018, 07:21:27 am »

"Right. I'll look around here for now."

And so, she starts poking around the parking lot, or more specifically, the ground underneath it with what little magic she can muster without breaking her suppression. Mostly for lack of better ideas of how to search.

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: April 19, 2018, 04:31:26 pm »

"I'll stick around the parking lot."

Not a whole lot he COULD do, though. Investigations were one of the many areas he has the sword for.

...oh, right. The sword. Yamato'd managed to forget that it could find Zoanthropes and other suspicious things like that. All-nighters, he concludes, were really bad for you.

A mental note is sent to the blade to take extra special notice of the hospital and the area around it. With that taken care of, Yamato joins Agatha in poking around the parking lot, pretending to take a stroll and poking everything that seemed suspicious. He wasn't sure what exactly to look for, but the Zoanthropes had been pretty mechanical, so stuff like that was a safe bet.
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: April 19, 2018, 06:19:50 pm »

Amelie, for her part, sticks with Maki and Haruko.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: April 20, 2018, 12:30:27 pm »

Ai had a far simpler approach. Taking a position nearby the two bigshots caught in their conversation, just by coincidence. By all appearances she had taken a passing interest in the searching and guarding troopers. As well anyone might. Much less a resource of the state when confronted with a private limitary force.
----
INTO YOU DIRECTLY
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 65