Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 65

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat  (Read 44009 times)

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls: Rebirth [IC]: The Spider, Snake and Bat
« Reply #690 on: May 19, 2018, 02:21:19 pm »

Ai
The corridor Ai chooses to walk down is altogether, not particularly interesting or possibly informative compared to the conversation she'd just abandoned. A few old men and women are being pushed up and down the corridor on wheelchairs by orderlies, a few orderlies drifting in and out of rooms with blood bags or IVs.

The conversation seems to be drifting away as Ursula and Mr. Matou make their way to the nearest elevator, apparently to his office. Judging from the lights on the elevator lighting up as they ascend, his office is on the fourth floor.

Ragnar
The girl blinks, confused.

"If you're not with them, how are you stopping Zoanthropes? I thought.....never mind. Um.....sure, I-I think I can help. The nurse will be back soon, though."

Maki, Haruko and Amelie
Naomi pauses, staring as Maki heads up, presumably with Amelie in tow.
"Look for something? Maki, you don't already know? Haru's apparently here. Her mom just called mine, asking if I wanted to visit her here. They transferred her from Seito General, didn't you hear yet?"

Maki pauses, looking confused, before staring at Naomi in surprise.
"Wait, what? That's.....I thought she moved to Seito."
"Apparently her condition's gotten really bad. This IS the best hospital in the region, so maybe the doctors moved her here to see if they could do something about it.....wait, you didn't know?"

Maki, for her part, looks variously concerned, worried and like a deer in the headlights.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 19, 2018, 03:21:40 pm »

Ragnar glances at the door before nodding. This would be less than useful.
"What? You thought those myths about magic girls and that kind of thing didn't have a hint of truth? Anyways, yes I'll be quick then. First of all, have you noticed anything odd during your stay? Just, anything that stands out to you as odd... Oh and what's your name?"
« Last Edit: May 20, 2018, 12:00:48 am by kj1225 »

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 19, 2018, 10:01:42 pm »

"I have no clue what it is, Lapis. Still now; it's possibly a lead. Sato, any complaints to just taking it?"

Provided there aren't any complaints from the resident swordsman; Agatha reaches down and pockets the orb; for later investigation

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #693 on: May 19, 2018, 11:02:48 pm »

"Haru? Who's Haru? Her name sounds kinda like mine. . ." It took a moment for things to click with her. Haru was here. The hospital. She was getting worse. Her expression visibly dampened. "Is she going to be okay?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: June 03, 2018, 12:40:37 am »

Alright, phase two. Not geomancy. That's...

Well, at least that means it's either going to be relatively easy to clear up or an enormous pain in the ass.

So he heads out of the hospital, striding quickly around the building, eyes opening, looking for little things, angles, turns, and hidden nooks where something might be hidden, anything that might be used to construct a ward.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: June 12, 2018, 02:29:36 am »

Ai didn't even bother trying to sneak around and find out more. Staying stealthy was a pain in the ass, standing out like she did. Even if she tried to blend in, Kamijou had a certain unmistakable presence that made it more effort than it was really worth. Sure, she'd look around a bit. See if she might stumble on any more clues. But she was only barely invested in this whole endavour. Leave the mission impossible stuff to the people on a mission.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: June 14, 2018, 10:16:50 pm »

Amelie frowned, and put an arm on Maki’s shoulder. “Uh... you wanna go see her, maybe? I think Haruko and I will be fine on our own for a bit, right?”
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

BlitzDungeoneer

• Bay Watcher
  • heh
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: June 15, 2018, 12:54:48 pm »

Yamato frowns slightly. It looked like things were kinda out of his hands for actually investigating the hospital; the sword couldn't get a read around here at all, and their closest thing to a clue so far was a mystery orb. At least Agatha was here.
"Go ahead. Er, are you sure it's safe to touch it, though?"
Swordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordsword

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: June 15, 2018, 06:17:26 pm »

Ai
The best Ai manages is to attract some weird looks from the passerby troops looking through the hospital. Possibly one or two contemplating hitting on her, judging from the chatter she can pick up, followed by light slaps on the back of their head from their partner. However, she does pick up one interesting piece of chatter from what sounds like a pair of female soldiers.

"Those poor kids. Zoanthropes, right outside the building."
"Apparently, Kamen Rider Volt and her buddies showed up to stop 'em, you hear? Some guy got it on video."
"Really? I heard it was that guy with the insects!"
"We should probably concentrate on the job. Seriously, does the boss think there'll be some Zoanthrope here?"
"Well, the administrator guy, Matou, seemed pretty shady. The homeless guy we chased off earlier seems pretty suspicious, too. And then there's that kid who keeps coming here, every day. Showed up ever since the Zoanthrope attacks started a few days ago. He's just a kid, but the boss keeps telling us to keep an eye on anyone new."
"I mean, the rumour goes that Volt's a senior in high school. Not buying it. He's probably a really hot guy."
"And you're calling me on concentrating on work?"

Seems like you have three lines of inquiry, Administrator Matou, the homeless man or the regular visitor.

Ragnar
The girl looks down for a moment, slightly embarassed.
"I....well, that makes sense, I suppose. Wait, you want to know my name? Um, I'm...I'm Haru. Haru Arima.

Um, about weird things? .....well, t-there was last night, with the....Zoanthropes, and actually, um.....I think I saw something here, t-two nights ago. A g-giant.....snake? I'm not sure."

Ito
As you head outside, well, you see Sato and Amelie picking up a strange, glowing blue orb. That might be worth inquiring to in a bit. As for investigating nooks and crannies? You decide to go the other way from Maki, Haruko and Amelie, heading opposite. The one thing worth investigating, of course, is the small, concrete trapdoor in the greenery past the carpark, a rusted iron handle. It's more of a heavy slab than a door, probably some sort of service ladder leading to a maintenance area. But it's worth investigating, seeing as it seems as if it's been recently opened.

Maybe you might want to have a look.

Maki, Haruko and Amelie
"I.....well, her mom said she'd be fine, but.....she dropped out of our school about a couple of months ago. Maki and I don't know the specifics of it, but it's not good, no."
"Uh, a moment, Naomi."

Maki grabs Amelie and Haruko and turns aside, whispering to them.
"Not good. She's a friend of mine, I can't let her get caught in the crossfire! No time to check on her either, not now, but it'll look suspicious if I don't go with Naomi....are you two okay with handling this?"

Sato and Agatha
The orb feels slightly warm to the touch as Agatha picks it up and pockets it. It seems to reach out to her for a brief moment; she feels the briefest touches of warm tendrils in her psyche. Tendrils seems to be the only right word, the feeling being so foreign, so alien to human senation. But only a moment, and the orb seems to remain unchanged, being hoisted into her pocket with little further protest.

Agatha has acquired the Mystery Orb.

Lapis tilts their head at her pocket.
Huh. It feels like there's something.....inside that orb. I can't tell what it is, except that it's information of some kind. If you could figure out how to extract the information, maybe you could do more with it, but for the moment....

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: June 15, 2018, 06:55:51 pm »

Ragnar nods as she explains to him what she's seen. He pauses as he processes the bit about the snake though. God he hated snakes. And by his reckoning, no one saw a snake when the took down the other two. That was a problem.
"This is the first I heard of a snake Ms. Haru. Could you please tell me more? Where you saw it, where it was going if anywhere, any peculiarities beyond it's size?"

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #700 on: June 21, 2018, 04:08:24 pm »

Haruko shrugged, giving Amelie a questioning look. She knew that she wasn't exactly one to be trusted with handling things of a delicate nature on her own - or at least, she knew that the others thought that. "I don't have a problem with it, but what do you think, Amelie?"
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Mistwing

• Bay Watcher
  • Writing too much to keep up
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: June 26, 2018, 03:35:24 am »

Simply not in the mood for sneaking around offices Ai heads back towards the entrance of the place. Whether she runs into some frequently visiting mystery or a creepy homeless guy... well. Might as well do something. If not, this whole thing seemed a tad desperate to begin with.
Is your sexual purity worth more than bringing the dead back to life!?
----
I'M INSERTING MY DOUBLE MAXIMUM REPEATING WIND
INTO YOU DIRECTLY

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: June 28, 2018, 08:47:28 pm »

"I think we can handle ourselves for a bit." Amelie said, nodding with attempted (albeit not particularly successful) confidence.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 03, 2018, 06:00:22 pm »

The mental poke wasn't exactly missed by Agatha
"Astral magic?.. Hmm. Right. So now what? Do we wait around for everyone else or hunt them down?"

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: July 03, 2018, 07:04:35 pm »

Completely coincidentally and certainly not because I have no other idea how to shove myself back in this game, Kiyo bumps into Ai as she reaches the entrance of the place. "Hello! It's Ai, right?" Kiyo asks in a friendly manner, like she hasn't committed her features, walk-cycle and biochemical signature into her internal database. "Did you find anything useful? I haven't had much luck myself."
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 65