Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: [ISG] Descent Attempt -II-  (Read 5317 times)

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
Re: [ISG] Descent Attempt -II-
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2017, 11:35:57 pm »

((hmm, interesting. Gonna take a shot, not expecting to get anything specific, but giving themed answers based on the friends name.))

1- F. (a hand in dark places when he needs it)
2 - D.
3 - F. (he left you enough time to save yourself)
4 - F. (the world, things just don't go well when it comes to you specifically)
5. Black, but green is nice too(gives you something you like about yourself)
+1.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2017, 03:10:23 am »

C,
C,
E,
F(that blasted peasant Benbali of Palewheat),
The color of the ruby embedded in our right eye.

I like this one. +1!
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2017, 08:30:46 am »

C,
C,
E,
F(that blasted peasant Benbali of Palewheat),
The color of the ruby embedded in our right eye.

I like this one. +1!
+1
+1 Sounds good to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2017, 02:18:34 pm »

Max avatar size is 80x80

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2017, 04:56:01 pm »

Khurst never wanted for much in this life, except to have a small family and the means to protect them. He's always been the type to stick up for others, for the best or for the worst. Eventually, this would set him on the path as a caravan hand for a good friend of his. It was a good couple years, and he made a modest sum of coppers to eventually settle down with, maybe start that family.

Then that peasant came along. Ben, they called her. Everywhere she went, chaos followed, at least to Khurst's recollection. They were once friends, starting the day Khurst protected her from overzealous debt collectors. That wouldn't be the last time he saved her skin, however. Travesty seemed to follow Ben, much to Khurst's chagrin. He felt an obligation to protect her, as he did with all his friends. This led to a series of events that lost him his job, his home, and even his wife-to-be.

But that business is in the past. Khurst recently inherited a small bakery back in his hometown, and though he hasn't the aptitude for business, he's certainly got the dedication. On the move, Khurst made the fateful decision to walk the lesser traveled road, to see the trees change colour. He happened to spot a traveler in a hurry into the woods. His natural good-mannered concern prompted him to follow the poorly equipped traveler into the depths of the woods, where bandits often preyed on such easy quarry. He followed her to a small cave, which ended in an oddly ceremonially themed set of stairs. Driven by concern and curiosity, he followed the path of the unknown woman into the depths. Little did he know, Ben had just gotten him into yet another mess.

Khurst Blackern, Caravan Hand

An unkind sensation drags the man into the antechamber.

"Welcome." The ratman behind the counter chimes. "You may have a Manual to the Depths and a complementary coffee on us. Please note that we provide only one delve per person. You must surrender everything you gain on your delve if you plan on exiting through the entrance. Good luck."

For some reason, the ratman hands neither the manual, not this 'coffee' over. It just stares blankly at Khurst as he looks around the room. Looks like the bakery will have to wait.

Spoiler: Khurst (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 05, 2017, 07:08:23 pm »

Will it? As this is clearly a randomized dungeon, if we go down those stairs we'll just end up in a totally different place from that woman, so there's no point in descending. At this point the best thing to do is wait a while in case she comes back out, and if not just head back to our bakery.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 05, 2017, 07:34:57 pm »

Will it? As this is clearly a randomized dungeon, if we go down those stairs we'll just end up in a totally different place from that woman, so there's no point in descending. At this point the best thing to do is wait a while in case she comes back out, and if not just head back to our bakery.
>:(
Ring Bell, Ask rat for the offered stuff.
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2017, 07:45:49 pm »

just head back to our bakery.
+1, we are a serious businessman now and we don't have time for this nonsense.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2017, 09:51:00 pm »

Darned ratfolk! And darn that Ben! Where could she be in here... +1
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2017, 11:43:24 pm »

If it doesn't give us the stuff punch it in the face.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2017, 12:04:54 am »

Admire chandelier.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Puppyguard

• Bay Watcher
  • An avatar? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2017, 02:10:33 am »

If it doesn't give us the stuff punch it in the face.
-1 to punching, +1 to everything else.

Silcugar

• Bay Watcher
  • Panther of the East Jungle
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2017, 04:19:12 am »

The rat, even when prompted by the bell, seems uncommunicative. "Can I get the manual?" Khurst asks, to no avail. "Did you see a girl pass through here?" No response. "And 'coffee'?" Nothing.

The beleaguered baker-to-be takes a seat atop the odd slab across the room. While waiting on the hope that the girl would return, he ponders his fate. Really, he's already overstepped in coming down to this odd place. He has a bakery waiting for him in town, so what the heck is he even doing down here? Yet he continues to wait.

Some time passes. Khurst holds up in a staring contest with the stoic ratman for a time, but it remains unrelentingly aloof to his presence. The flickering light of the chandeliers catches his interest. He notes the unusual light; mystic flames dance, fine but strong. They seem odd, like everything here. And the same question presses the back of his mind: Why even wait? Why not leave and mind his own business. Too many times in Khurst's life, he's obeyed the beck and call of other's misfortune. What has it got him?

He stands up, and heads back up the stairs.

"Wait."

It's the ratman. It's faint call like a jolt of electricity. "If you leave, she'll surely die." Khurst grits his teeth and considers his options.

A. Descend
B. Quit
C. Other

Spoiler: Khurst (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Isaac Asimov
I write for the same reason I breathe — because if I didn't, I would die.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2017, 05:19:03 am »

C. Go to the bakery, she'll be fine.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6